• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Guild Battlegrounds Update 2021

Fenix

Viceroy
I am an active player in the live world. I came to the conclusion that it must take 6 to 7 months to get the elephant to the highest level. It's too long.

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
On my live, by accumulating information from my guild, we have a 12% chance of having an elephant fragment.
therefore to obtain the 1600 fragments, counting the 78 offered to the first of each GbG, for a player who carries out 2,000 fights by CBG, it will take 6 GbG, therefore 24 weeks!

Noname 5.0

Steward
Strong gbg guilds will race you to capture sectors with siege camps. Then you won't get any support.

If there is less support around the edge, those guilds will have fewer people fighting those sectors, and weaker guilds will at least get you take one or two and have more options for sectors.

If you want more fights, join a stronger guild or recruit to make your guild stronger imo.

Unfortunately, gbg really made small guilds substantially less appealing.
Sometimes there are reasons that small guild don’t just join larger guilds , n recruiting new members is also very hard because the only ones that want to join are beginners. Those players we have many times helped them get Arc ,Alcatraz n other BGS just to see them get what they need to join larger guilds n leave.
After doing that over 10 times you stop even recruiting.
I don’t know what battlegrounds you’ve played in ,but not being able to use siege camps at least next to your base does not work at all. Just try playing a session in battleground without the use of siege camps and you will find out way smaller guilds elect to not even compete in diamond league when they are forced to play there.

Noname 5.0

Steward
As join a larger guild, would you leave your wife or girlfriend to join a larger guild if she doesn’t want too leave the guild your in ???

1BFA

Viceroy
I will have to make a small correction here: As I just noticed, the chance does not seem the be 50% anymore. I will have to ask the devs if this is intended and if I can share the exact number with you. Sorry for the wrong information I provided here.

It would be nice if we can get some clarifications like.

Will the changes impact old map or just new map?

Any breakdown on the %.

Will the center tile always have 3 slots?

Any logic changed on slot assignment?

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Sometimes there are reasons that small guild don’t just join larger guilds , n recruiting new members is also very hard because the only ones that want to join are beginners. Those players we have many times helped them get Arc ,Alcatraz n other BGS just to see them get what they need to join larger guilds n leave.
After doing that over 10 times you stop even recruiting.
I don’t know what battlegrounds you’ve played in ,but not being able to use siege camps at least next to your base does not work at all. Just try playing a session in battleground without the use of siege camps and you will find out way smaller guilds elect to not even compete in diamond league when they are forced to play there.

Honestly the reasonable answer is the HQ (not the doorstep, but the HQ itself) should count as 2 siege camps. Think of it as a catch-up advantage - because once guilds have established themselves in the center and are swapping back and forth, you need such an advantage to get in the game.

In time the nerfing of gbg rewards will likely cause many large guilds to place less emphasis on gbg....
The treasury goods and time required aren't worth the coins and supplies given as watered down rewards.... imho

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
Honestly the reasonable answer is the HQ (not the doorstep, but the HQ itself) should count as 2 siege camps. Think of it as a catch-up advantage - because once guilds have established themselves in the center and are swapping back and forth, you need such an advantage to get in the game.
Or turning at the very least this suggestion into an perk. This statement makes perfectly logical sense as HQ is adjacent and providing some support. Similar to other games where HQ has buffs and adjacent areas are benefitting from HQ.

Owl II

Emperor
What is the target of these changes? What will you achieve if you get what you need? It is not difficult for a strong guild to leave HQ. The weak one will not be able to get out in any case: her path will be cut off before she takes the first province.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
What is the target of these changes? What will you achieve if you get what you need? It is not difficult for a strong guild to leave HQ. The weak one will not be able to get out in any case: her path will be cut off before she takes the first province.

Obviously it's not going to make the weak guilds suddenly win :p Just give a chance for them to do a little more of something before they get sealed back in again - let them feel a little more control as they fight over whether they get 4th-8th.

Strong guilds only wind up paying the 160 advances with no attrition reduction tax once a season. Weak guilds getting sealed in wind up paying it all season long. If you want to see them do more and give an illusion of competition, they need a bit of a hand to do so.

I'd also accept an actually-functional ranking system, but that would be far more complicated - and even if it's possible, probably beyond inno devs interest level.

And a nerf to free fights so that the stronger guilds do run out of attrition too eventually.

Noname 5.0

Steward
The weeker guilds don’t want to play in the same league as the strongest guilds play . You as it has been apparent in your comments don’t want to play in a league with equal strength guilds.
Since they don’t are not changing the way guilds are match these suggestions have been made to allow smaller guilds have better chance of getting the same opportunities to use SC as larger guilds have.
Placing a smaller guild in the same battleground as stronger larger guilds,is like playing CHESS starting out without a QUEEN or Bishops.
We don’t want to play against 45 to 60 member guilds when we only have 5 members in our guild.
That’s why most smaller guilds just do nothing when they are in the diamond league.

jovada

Regent
The best would be starting HQ with 2 slots and every other sector only 1 slot preventing endless pointfarming and giving you always a chance to break out again.

We see it on every live server that the new improved map is worthless and only in advantage of of the bigger guilds.
Despite we are argumenting for several months now for a more honest GbG it looks more that developers are mocking us and do nothing about it.
Their excuse is we will see in time if we can do something but right now we have deadlines to provide other crap like guildperks and don't have time.

Reprogramming rewards is that less time to spend then for example adding slots in hq and allowing only 1 slot in each sector? Just asking , maybe i'm to stupid to realise it or i don't see the bigger picture behind all this.

Yekk

Regent
The rewards percentage is useless to a guild that can not at least farm the tiles around their HQ. Strongest two leagues will still stuff most guilds but in every other diamond league most guilds players will see more encounters if all HQ's have 2 slots. Is FoE a game for the players or is it only for the designers pipe dreams?

Kronan

Viceroy
In time the nerfing of gbg rewards will likely cause many large guilds to place less emphasis on gbg....
The treasury goods and time required aren't worth the coins and supplies given as watered down rewards.... imho

@MJ - I really think you've hit the essence of GbG 2. It's not going to take a lot of time to see this, either.

People have fed at the trough of robust rewards for just over 2 years. Every 4 hours, every day of the 10 in each season, for 72 season, 104 total weeks. It's true (but not admitted to) that Inno has been slowly weaning us for reward value through the denoument of GbG 1, anticipating the release of GbG 2.

Players turned their cities from building economics to building for GbG war - spending gargantuan amounts of AC (Auction coins) for all manner of war nick-knacks (Botanical rotunda, Winner's plaza, etc.) for fighting in GbG. They had to decide on real-life time adjustments so as to be back every 4 hours for domination on the GbG battlefield because...

GbG 1 was worth the game time commitment and priority for the yield it provided. The bounty for time investment had impact and personal balance.

It does NOT now playing GbG 2. The time commitment is greater (bigger map...) and the rewards are diluted.

That's a horrid equation. How does that pass a goal review for the investment made to deliver it to us?

I have >10 billion coins and billions of supplies. Why do more interest me? They don't. Many have said they are not going to attempt to prioritize being here for a diluted payday, much less spent real money on it.

Anyway - that's what I'm hearing.... 2 years we waited for GbG 2, and it has much less interest than it should have.

Last edited:

Owl II

Emperor
Obviously it's not going to make the weak guilds suddenly win :p Just give a chance for them to do a little more of something before they get sealed back in again - let them feel a little more control as they fight over whether they get 4th-8th.

I'll tell you a sob story of last season now. A weak guild has provinces with 1 slot on all three line. They begins to beat the 3rd line. We're demolishing it. The lock falls in the next round. They starts hitting again. It is being demolished by our rivals. And so 4 times a day. Their neighbors occupy provinces on line 4 by afternoon. And your weak guild.. Oh yes, They would have ended the day saving a little more attrition points and maybe saved a couple of units. If your suggestion had been implemented. Unlimited control ...
I'd also accept an actually-functional ranking system, but that would be far more complicated - and even if it's possible, probably beyond inno devs interest level.

And a nerf to free fights so that the stronger guilds do run out of attrition too eventually.
I would agree with either of these two suggestions. However, so far we have more fights without attrition on the new map. And we have all the same unfortunate ones who should not be in the diamond league at all. The saddest thing is they don't want to be here themselves. Otherwise, they would have strongest and come out to hit next to us.

Strong guilds only wind up paying the 160 advances with no attrition reduction tax once a season. Weak guilds getting sealed in wind up paying it all season long. If you want to see them do more and give an illusion of competition, they need a bit of a hand to do so.
There are already enough illusions in this game. Why do you need another one? Why not create something really worthwhile?

Last edited:

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
I don't know how it is on the other servers but on the NL server only negative comments, are the developers that arrogant that they persist ignoring all feedback ?
on the FR server, there is a very large majority of negative opinions, only the very large guilds are delighted because they earn much more despite the decrease in%

on the DE server, the incomprehension is total.
no one understands the improvement of Innogames in this new GbG.

on my third server, it is not used very much but no one finds it interesting except for the graphics side.

And everywhere the same questions come up:
- why there are up to 8 guilds on an openly created map for 6 (even in the Inno ad shows 6 zones)?
- why there is no equity in the locations according to the crowns?

Randomness greatly distorts the result, and even more so when the difference in levels between the guilds present is to the detriment of the weaker guilds.

Kronan

Viceroy
I will have to make a small correction here: As I just noticed, the chance does not seem the be 50% anymore. I will have to ask the devs if this is intended and if I can share the exact number with you. Sorry for the wrong information I provided here.

Thank you for your candor. Players cannot discern small changes in percentages as we play. But C L E A R L Y, I saw and many other saw a dramatic increase in SoH fragments in GbG 1 over the last 2 months, mostly at the expense of other things we "bang heads in GbG" for - FP, diamonds, warriors, goods, etc.

This was (and is) palpable - without knowing the % changes, we DO know there was a change. There is a lot of stuff "steeped in mystery" right now - we don't know if this change is on purpose, or part of a performance problem in mobile. I think it's a "designed" change initiated to begin the weaning process for rewards of value in GbG. GbG 2 continues to demonstrate that "new thinking" too, with the additions of coins and supply packs as rewards.

It's really not hard to connect 2 dots to form a line...

Last edited:

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
Attrition was originally introduced with GbG to prevent infinite fights. Ever since SC came to be attrition can be bypassed all together. Effectively turning GbG in an mad race who can build the fastest SC and who can get an alliance quick enough. The solution appeared at first obvious: removing any ability to bypass attrition. However it'll cause massive outrage and backlash. So, some how an rebalance act could be the only long term solution. Though to what point cutting and nerfing the capability to bypass attrition?
In any case. The situation almost begs an certain YouTuber to making an YT video about GbG: "Guild Battle Grounds, a perfectly balanced feature with no exploits." To those who struggle to recognise sarcasm, that title is purely sarcastic.

Edited: Removed mention of off-topic conversation.​

Last edited by a moderator: