• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Guild Battlegrounds Update 2021

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
A single player guild should only be temporary.
Otherwise it's enjoying the advantages of a guild without its disadvantages. You might as well stay without a guild.
You need safeguards to prevent solo guilds from participating in all accesses of real guilds. The advantages of guilds are further proof of this aberration.

Unless my English is faulty, but the definition of a guild is not a "group of players"?

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
Not only as a leader it is not always easy to make different characters coexist to go in the same direction but in addition it can be complicated to keep a good number of goods in certain ages so that no one is penalized by the lack of siege camps.
Diversifying members, and therefore ages, is more difficult for the EG than being alone in your guild.
I'm not against solo guilds having access to GBG or GvG (where only it is easy to lose thousands of goods to an already established guild) but they should be restricted. Copper for GBGs and no access to GVG (there is the arena for fun typing).

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Otherwise it's enjoying the advantages of a guild without its disadvantages. You might as well stay without a guild.
You need safeguards to prevent solo guilds from participating in all accesses of real guilds. The advantages of guilds are further proof of this aberration.

Unless my English is faulty, but the definition of a guild is not a "group of players"?

Being a single player is *not* an advantage in GBG. Sure you only need 1 age of good. But you need a *lot* of that 1 age of good such that you can probably only build a handful of camps per season. Furthermore before you have those camps, you have to work your ass off to get through at least 2 sectors without much attrition reduction and only 1 set of attrition per day.

So whatever that single player does manage, they deserved. You have to be a seriously strong player with a well-developed city to make it work well enough.

About the only real advantage I see to playing alone in GBG is avoiding the miserable world of diamond without having to sandbag.

---

As for cost-scaling of perks, there I'm onboard mostly - I made a suggestion earlier that perks should have an "extra" share at 1 player-size while maintaining the current cost - thus making it cheaper for guilds that have more players. Basically it would change the cost of an 80 player guild to what it currently costs for a 40.5 player guild. But you still have 80 players to cover it, so you can go faster. Could it be 3 extra shares instead to further incentivize adding people? Sure. But it still should be maintained at a rate that it's manageable for the solo player - just faster and easier for an active guild.

Being in a guild should be about the advantages it confers over being alone - not about cutting people off from the game because they don't play the way you think they should. At the same time, sometimes the brain-trust at inno decides features introduces things that actively punish a guild for not having every-member-active - such as making a guild unlock GE for *every* member. That should be avoided for the most part - The costs for 40 people should be less than 40 times the cost for 1 person.

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
So whatever that single player does manage, they deserved.
In theory yes, but the current system means that there are too many micro-guilds and solo-guilds in the diamond league.
For a competition where the top takes the map in 4 hours, an average guild takes 4 to 10 sectors per day and a solo-guild takes at best 1 sector per day, what is the logic?
The EG championship which gives a small advantage with the cups is not accessible to solo-guilds.
Why is that ? It does not shock you BUT it does shock you that I raise this point in GvG and GBG ???

vidicecilia

Baronet

Long life the apartheid!!! :eek::eek::eek:

vidicecilia

Baronet
In theory yes, but the current system means that there are too many micro-guilds and solo-guilds in the diamond league.
For a competition where the top takes the map in 4 hours, an average guild takes 4 to 10 sectors per day and a solo-guild takes at best 1 sector per day, what is the logic?
The EG championship which gives a small advantage with the cups is not accessible to solo-guilds.
Why is that ? It does not shock you BUT it does shock you that I raise this point in GvG and GBG ???

The only thing that can be said is that Inno must stop discriminating guilds in EG.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator

The Expedition championship makes sense because there it actually is 100% advantageous to be smaller. Hence why those 3 player guilds play other 3 player guilds as well. But GE is still available to the 1-player guild - and that's the real feature. The championship is just for vanity.

GvG the only advantage to being a guild of 1 is that you might be associated to another guild and allowing them to be in two places at once. In which situation, getting to 3 or whatever arbirtrary line you draw would not be a large handicap. But why?

As for micro-guilds in diamond, that's an issue with the matchmaking system - those micro-guilds have shown themselves to be stronger than macroguilds that would be with you instead. They're just way too weak to compete there because *surprise* being micro is *not* an advantage in GBG! The problem is the rating system was not well designed for the actual distribution of guilds and the top 20% or so of guilds (i.e. diamond + the guilds yoyoing in and out of it) is pretty much every somewhat active guild. Cutting off 1-player guilds is not going to get you better GBG groups. It's going to get you sad larger guilds that you scream about why they can't do more when they have all those people (that haven't logged in in months). Because those are the teams the micro-guilds are beating.

talamanta

Baronet
Pathfinder

if this is what you call evolution
I have nothing else to say

so far i have not spoken because i wanted to be sure
about how the new system works

the picture is almost the same from the first half hour
that started
the map of Guild Battlegrounds this week

instead of correcting the gap that existed

about by holding the sectors

and essentially informal sector exchanges
you gave them more .... road
and freedom to do it faster

no I do not blame the guilds - players who did it (well done)
after you gave them the right

if you mean strategy this result
then probably after 10 years the time has come for me to stop dealing with
το FOE
because I do not intend to see you adjust the foe solely on the basis of the interests of the few foe gods

now why am I not referring to the fact
how two guilds in half an hour
closed almost the entire map?
why
1 does not concern the discussion here
2 this is work exclusively of the INNO

he should have already seen it
and had done the necessary checks
regardless of who is inside in these guilds
an advice
the expression Caesar’s ''wife must be above suspicion'' you all know her
but based on the writings of the ancient historian Plutarch
the answer given by Caesar in court was
«ότι την εμήν ηξίουν μηδ’ υπονοηθήναι» (ancient Greek)
that is
«by my (wife) I demand on to be above suspicion»

sorry for english is by automatic translation
the text in Greek

εαν αυτο εσεις το ονομαζετε εξελιξη
εγω δεν εχω κατι αλλο τι να πω

μεχρι τωρα δεν μιλησα γιατι ηθελα να ειμαι σιγουρη
για το πως λειτουργει το νεο συστημα

η εικονα ειναι σχεδον η ιδια απο την πρωτη μιση ωρα
που ξεκινησε ο χαρτης των Πεδιων Μαχων αυτης της εβδομαδας

αντι να διορθωσετε το κενο που υπηρχε σχετικά με το κρατημα των τομεων
και ουσιαστικα τις ατυπες ανταλλαγες των τομεων
εσεις τους δωσατε περισσοτερο ....δρομο
και ελευθερια για να το κανουν πιο γρηγορα

οχι δεν κατηγορω τις συντεχνιες - παιχτες που το εκαναν (καλα εκαναν)
αφου εσεις τους δωσατε το δικαιωμα

εαν εννοειτε στρατηγικη αυτο το αποτελεσμα
τοτε μαλλον μετα απο 10 χρονια ηρθε ο καιρος παψω να ασχολουμε με το FOE
γιατι εγω δεν εχω σκοπο να βλεπω να προσαρμοζετε το FOE μονο βαση τoυ συμφεροντος των λιγων θεων του FΟΕ

τωρα γιατι δεν αναφερομαι στο γεγονος
πως δυο συντεχνιες μεσα σε μιση ωρα
εκλεισαν σχεδον ολο τον χαρτη ?
γιατι
1 δεν αφορα την συζητηση εδω
2 αυτο ειναι δουλεια αποκλειστικα της INNO
θα επρεπε ηδη να το ειχε δει και να ειχε κανει τους απαραιτητους ελεγχους
Aσχετα με το ποιοι βρισκονται μεσα σε αυτες τις συντεχνιες
και μια συμβουλη
την φραση «Η γυναίκα του Καίσαρα, δεν αρκεί να είναι τίμια. Πρέπει και να φαίνεται τίμια»
την γνωριζετε ολοι
ομως βαση γραπτων του αρχαιου ιστορικου Πλουταρχου η απαντηση που εδωσε ο Καισαρας
στο δικαστηριο ηταν «ότι την εμήν ηξίουν μηδ’ υπονοηθήναι» (αρχαια Ελληνικα)
δηλαδη
«από την δική μου (γυναίκα) απαιτω να είναι υπεράνω υποψίας»

Last edited:

Emberguard

Emperor
Historically it's just a form of Trade Union. Guilds were designed to create a type of monopoly in their respective trades and industries. A Trade Union in the real world requires 7 participants, no idea what the minimum participant requirement for a Guild back in the medieval ages would have been though.

So yes Guilds are a "group of players" in the context of historical use of the word. If it were to be imposed on a game like Forge of Empires there would need to be tweaks to how Guilds are formed and more importantly, disbanded

1BFA

Viceroy
Sorry too many pages to read :(

New map

1. Is it easier to farm?

2. Is it easier to trap guilds in HQ?

2a OR is it easier to break out of HQ?

3. In war seasons, is it harder to Trap sectors to burn enemies attrition or can guilds easily get 3-4 camps ?

4. Has the rewards drop rate changed in new map?

---
Old map

5. Has the rewards drop rate changed in the old map?

Seems the diamond drop rate is lower on the new map, but You sometimes win 20 fps instead of 10 (if they don't change that).
Instead of SoH You get an elephant... or fragments of one.
Otherwise.... same mechanics on a larger map.

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
When guilds are fed up with always meeting each other, Inno has replaced ID grouping with random grouping.
Superb idea totally devoid of gaming experience.
Big Guilds complain about being bored when they encounter 7 Small Guilds.
The small guilds complain that they are only spectators when 2 big guilds are present, because they get along.
Some want groupings by number of members.

But haven't we forgotten a simple solution?
LPs allow guilds to be distributed within leagues.
Why would the grouping of guilds not be defined, within each league, in relation to the number of total encounters (fights + negotiations) carried out during the preceding GbG?

We would then have a real championship where all the guilds could play and would find themselves with opponents of their strength, while retaining the importance of guild ranking during GbG.