• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Guild Battlegrounds Update 2021

1BFA

Viceroy
I suppose that before you lift the stop sign , you inform guildmembers no more then 10 fights or you asign 1 member who is online to do it

yup...but we get 20+ online :)... Anyways the problem still stays.... AS-IS everyone get's caught once a day per tile after that nada.

We can't be fair by saying only you 10 hit....what if someone hits twice? how do we know..they may not even realize cauze they got distracted.

-Sushi-

Farmer
Great to have a change and great to have a more detailed log, but some things are missing in the logs:

- who ignored the stop sign , that is, who started a fight when stop was already set (with time stamp)
- who spent diamonds to complete buildings
- which officer marked the sector with stop/go (this way we could identify GBG-officers who abuse their technical role and those who do a great job)
- some statistics of how many fights a player did per sector in average. This way we could identify scripters more easily.

All in all: yes, something changed and the map looks good. It would make GBG more interesting IF the underlying assumption were met that more than 1 or 2 powerful guilds were battling.. but in fact, as long this underlying problem is not resolved the change will have no impact on the frustrating experience players make in painfully long seasons

Last edited:

MooingCat

Viceroy
Spoiler Poster
The buildings have been added to the game, they have these stats atm:

Royalty: 6 FPs, 70 Guild Goods, up to 724 Crowns, 10% Attack boost for attacking army
Bazaar: 3 FPs, 90 Guild Goods, up to 724 Crowns, 8% Attack boost for attacking army
Citadel: 3 FPs, 65 Guild Goods, up to 724 Crowns, 12% Attack boost for attacking army

Iridescent Garden: 1 FP, 3 Goods, 5% Defense boost for attacking army

Dessire

Regent
Innogames: we love $ !
Most part of playerd: we love do tons of fights and earn tons of Fps and we.
Players spend a lot of diamonds to build fast siege camps
Innogames: new map dear players! Now you can build a lot more siege camps to have free fights almost anywhere. . Now go and spend tooons of diamons! We love money!

A lot of pro fighters: and where are the improvements in the guild ranking/league system?

Innogames: who cares?! Spend diamonds! Give us money!

For me, the best improvement would be the complete deletion of GvG and GBG and replace both for a new one like in a certain game I mentioned in other posts.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator

Royalty: 6 FPs, 70 Guild Goods, up to 724 Crowns, 10% Attack boost for attacking army
Bazaar: 3 FPs, 90 Guild Goods, up to 724 Crowns, 8% Attack boost for attacking army
Citadel: 3 FPs, 65 Guild Goods, up to 724 Crowns, 12% Attack boost for attacking army

An interesting selection. Royalty as the closest comparable to the statue offers 10 less guild goods and 1 less FP but 10% attack.

I'm not sure we can really call it a positive that your progress is now split between two buildings - particularly for a newer city that's trying to max out one or the other. But I guess that's not a deal-breaker. Long run people will have more than they want of both.

---

I am disappointed that the changes are so narrow in breadth - just a new map and some visuals - when fun has been absent from the feature for quite some time.

AGranolaBar

Squire
The title to this announcement was "GBG update 2021" not "GBG we fixed everything".
Yes, the ranking as it is is crap and plenty of people abuse the existing loopholes, most people that use this forum for feedback know that. Honestly can we talk about what is here and we're actually being asked about? It's tiring to go through posts of just unfulfilled wishes...

AGranolaBar

Squire

So we'll go for Royalty + all Iridescent Gardens - to use BG in it. For Citadel for the 2/4% extra attack boost. But Bazaar's only appeal is 20/25 extra guild goods, not sure that makes it desirable for me, I can choose Citadel and donate the remaining goods from inventory.

jovada

Regent
This looks all beautifull but sadly will change nothing to the gameplay, pointfarmers will always be in a big guild with lot of treasury, with two guilds take all the map, leaving sectors 159/160 and swap with other guild and then start complaining that other guilds do nothing.
If they were smart they let keep 1 sector in front of other guilds hq, so other guild can take some sectors around and they can always take it back 4h later, but there are to many egoïst pointfarmers and the only tactic is to put siege camps and agree with other guild to not remove them.
I proposed several times to put only 1 slot in every sector so you can have more tactic and other buildings have a reason to use them, but that will always be countered by poinfarmers that only cares about how much fights they can do for their personal ranking and not really care about guild , how many of these players have i seen swap guilds in the past year haha.

From my personal point of view it's good some positive changes have been made, personally i would have liked to see a supply boost on one of the buildings.
But maybe that's just me

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
The title to this announcement was "GBG update 2021" not "GBG we fixed everything".
Yes, the ranking as it is is crap and plenty of people abuse the existing loopholes, most people that use this forum for feedback know that. Honestly can we talk about what is here and we're actually being asked about? It's tiring to go through posts of just unfulfilled wishes...

The takeaway from people wanting to talk about other stuff is that the update isn't that impressive. A new coat of paint on a rotting-out house.

It's not impossible that the new map might have differences in building slots we won't see til tomorrow that does disrupt the "endless free fights" meta that has taken over GBG (i.e. if there's only 1 slot per sector it'll be hard to maintain free fights). But it's more likely that it caters further towards it (6 borders instead of 4-5 in the center = easier to have 4+ sieges on everything while swapping back and forth - even in the groups with extra guilds involved in the swap. And even if it does address that, we still have the old map every 2nd season.

There was hope that with an update coming there'd be more systemic changes to *something* to address some of the fundamental shortcomings in GBG that have led to it just being used to farm in 9 rounds out of 10. Siege camp nerfs, ranking system changes, reward balance between individual fights and round end-result - something.

But it is what it is - just nothing that exciting.

MooingCat

Viceroy
Spoiler Poster
WHY? Why would anyone build Iridescent Garden? it is crap stat/tile
It's not great for established players, but it's alright for developing players that want to raise their boosts. It's 5% regardless of age, so in lower ages it's more efficient than some of the grand prizes from previous events. Of course, nothing beats the sentinels, but you can't fill your city with only those, at least not quickly :)

Mitos

Squire
It's not great for established players, but it's alright for developing players that want to raise their boosts. It's 5% regardless of age, so in lower ages it's more efficient than some of the grand prizes from previous events. Of course, nothing beats the sentinels, but you can't fill your city with only those, at least not quickly :)
better to go with gates of sun gods (if no sentinels), they at least 1%/tile
young players may have better luck with ge then gbg

..Bud..

Farmer
The strong get stronger the rest just suffer.. Once again they failed :( this game has become torture for smaller guilds.

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
@Juber >
Do you have any news regarding:
Are changes planned for the buildings on the map (siege, trap, fortress, etc.) ?

and especially :
And for the ups and downs in the league, do you keep the same table that we have been criticizing for a long time?
Guilds will still make the yoyo between diamond and platinum?

Because, for information, the PL generating the distribution in league is the most constested point since the beginning.