• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Guild Battlegrounds Update 2021

Emberguard

Emperor
Do you know how many advances they have? Just looking you can tell me that? If the flag was 81% pink and 22% orange you know what is going on just looking.
I can tell from the big flag that purple is a fraction off completing the province, and the rest are either less than or equal to purple.

The exact numbers are:
unknown.png

I would find that rather confusing, particularly when you have numbers that are close to each other.

What would you think of this instead?
unknown.png

shooter

Merchant
Id be interested when your going to implement a pay scale to compensate the Guild Leaders who spend hours running the Battleground? These people are making serious bank for you. It is a tedious job no one wants.

Last edited:

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
I think the biggest concerns are the move from Platinum straight to the 1,000 LP league and the guilds that are too quickly propelled to a higher league.
Thus only the Platinum and Diamond leagues are really used by 90% of active guilds, unnecessarily abandoning the Copper, Silver and Gold leagues.

By testing this table, no big change for the programming, we would quickly be fixed :

Capture d’écran 2021-11-06 121357.png

I think without changing anything else, it wouldn't disrupt the 1000 PL subscribers in any way, while limiting the Scottish shower to all guilds when changing leagues.

The arena was tested on the US server before the others.
The castle has been tested on the DE server before the others.
Inno, please test my board on the EN or FR server, where there is a great diversity of worlds and guilds (unlike beta).

Owl II

Emperor
I think the biggest concerns are the move from Platinum straight to the 1,000 LP league and the guilds that are too quickly propelled to a higher league.
Thus only the Platinum and Diamond leagues are really used by 90% of active guilds, unnecessarily abandoning the Copper, Silver and Gold leagues.

By testing this table, no big change for the programming, we would quickly be fixed :

View attachment 7573

I think without changing anything else, it wouldn't disrupt the 1000 PL subscribers in any way, while limiting the Scottish shower to all guilds when changing leagues.

Inno, please test my board on the EN or FR server, where there is a great diversity of worlds and guilds (unlike beta).

I do not think this will have an impact on the situation in general, if we accept current boundaries of the LP. Perhaps we should think about reducing the amount of participants in the group. And we should give the guilds a reason to fight for the top places. These not have to be rewards nesessary in their current form. For example, it is worth trying to add 25% to the rancing (LP) for first place, 15% for second place and 5% for third place, as in GE or GVG

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
@Owl II LP bonuses would be useless for diamond 1k+ LP guilds. Though getting earned LP or VP from each season getting converted to prestige for top3 guilds only would probably giving more of an reason to want to get in top3. An formula for such conversion which taking LP into account would make sense as leagues should also affect it.
Some special rewards for #1 970-1k LP diamond guilds for example moving to an special blind champions league in which only #1 of each season can stay for maximum of 1-3 seasons in a row. Last thing is to ensure that at least every 2-3th season an entirely fresh and new group of guilds are fighting for the GbG champion's reward. Perhaps an randomised reward from an pool of many different special unique rewards like:

> Special unique ambassadors, with an really desirable bonus (maybe 3-5 of them)

> Special avatars to show off the achievement

>Special temporary buff similar to events buff for completing sufficient event quests

> Special guild banners (randomly picked)

> Special set/chain building(s)? With highest efficiency when maxed out

This are just brainstorm ideas from my side. I think if the stakes are that you have to beat as guild diamond and than defeating the other diamond apex guilds, really though competition to reaching the very top would follow. At least if the rewards are good enough for the effort. Selfishness would bring guilds probably further then trying to matchmaking as the special league above diamond would refresh very often. Cycling through the apex guilds and reducing LP of the apex guilds ending up in that leave which they have to recover from first to get back into it.

Yekk

Regent
A Glicko-2 type rating system would be better. New guilds actually start in the middle of the pack then who they are against and how they do determines moving up or down. Inno's internal metrics, if they are smart enough to keep placings in each league, could be used right now to give every guild a glecko2 rating.

No plus minus point system works if copper and diamond both get the same points for a placing. That allows way to much gaming the system.

Glecko is an improvement on the edo rating system used to rate chess players.

The Babelus

Steward
I like the new map I like new reward building. It gives a lot of FP rewards. Armies slightly changed but I have feeling that eras with flying units (which cannot be usually hit by artillery) will get another advantage.
There seems to be one big disadvantage. It does not give diamonds in diamond league. Made 500 fights and was given diamonds only once. It is easier to make more battles, so probability for diamonds could be lower, but for me this is too much

FrejaSP

Viceroy
I really like the changes. Especially the intruder log. This was one of the most requested QoL features.

But the main issue of guild swapping sectors still remains even if the hexagon layout makes this a little bit better.

My suggestion would be this:
.) If guild A invades a province from guild B they get a 4 hour shield against attacks from guild B (current state), but only a 3:50 shield from guild other guilds.

This would enable all other guilds to attack before the original owner can swap it back.

We really need at 3th markering
1. The Fokus sign
2. The old stop sign
3 the Ignore sign

Then the Intruder log vil make sense. As it is now, guild use the ignore sign as stop at 150 (dia lige) and here we only need log for the one who conquered it

Yes guild swapping sektors are a problem but not all are swapping, some are taking back their sektor i revenge and here would your ide about 3:50 shield from other guilds than the one who stole your sektor be a negative thing. The intruder logging will spam the log

Another suggestion is rebalancing guild goods requirements to take into account that lower era players have less guild goods production.

I like this idea. As it is now, it is hard for a young player with low TA to be accepted i stronger guilds as he will be a problem if he do not yet have Arc level 80. One young player in a low TA can really be a problem in GbG

FrejaSP

Viceroy

View attachment 7573

I like this a lot at it would stop the jumping from diamond 1000 lp til Platin and other way.
The one with Diamond 1000 LP would only drop to the bottom of the Diamond liga and not direct to Platin
It may take longer time to raise from Cobber liga and up to Diamond, but that's fine.
It may increase the numbers of Diamond liga guilds in small countries like mine, Denmark, but that's also fine, we have to few Diamond guilds right now and that do we fight the same guilds over and over. This may improve that.

FrejaSP

Viceroy
I do not think this will have an impact on the situation in general, if we accept current boundaries of the LP. Perhaps we should think about reducing the amount of participants in the group. And we should give the guilds a reason to fight for the top places. These not have to be rewards nesessary in their current form. For example, it is worth trying to add 25% to the rancing (LP) for first place, 15% for second place and 5% for third place, as in GE or GVG
In the top of Diamond liga it would be great with only max 6 guilds on the map, that gives a little more space to each guild så the whole map is not locked most of the time.
Make it max 6 Guilds in the top maps of dia, the ones with 1000 lp and max 7 for the maps with guilds with less than 1000 LP

FrejaSP

Viceroy
I like the new map but it's to early for me to know if it will help in the Diamond liga as I'm only in Silver liga here om Beta.
I do like the hexagonal sektors and map and hope it will bring more guilds to the inder rings at same time.
The building is fine and hope it will get more to join GbG to get them.

I still feel it is wrong, that the lower liga can't get a chance to get the linked buildings, at least let Gold liga get a few fragtment as teaser.

Maybe remove linked building from the chest with minus LP so it's only the guilds who raise in LP, who earn linked buildings, no matter if it is Silver liga or Diamond liga

Last edited:
Id be interested when your going to implement a pay scale to compensate the Guild Leaders who spend hours running the Battleground? These people are making serious bank for you. It is a tedious job no one wants.
Payment by Guildmates? Don't expect Inno to pay Players to play Inno's game, other than the rewards already implemented.
Business is free-to-play or pay-to-play (Players paying).