• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Discussion Guild Battlegrounds, a big failure

Dessire

Regent

Guild Battlegrounds, a feature made to let guilds see which guild is the most powerful, a feature where activity and numbers means , in most cases, juicy rewards for players and until some months ago, atleast for me, the idea of see a player reach diamond league being 1 member guild was something impossible but then. . .

I moved to a 5 players guild, where most of they don't participate and well. . . you can see in the screenshots above how things are going and the next GBG I'll be in diamond.

so my question is: how can Innogames (or FoE team) can let this happen? it should be impossible for one player reach diamond (and I'm a free to play player 99% of the time) and here I'am, reaching diamond league.

for me, this is a big failure and should be modified :/ why have a guild with a lot of players of mid-high levels when you can beat most of guilds alone? Guild Battlegrounds or 1 player battlegrounds?

the solution I suggest is: in order to be in silver league, your guild must have atleast 10 players, in gold league, 30 players, in platinum , 50 players and in diamond 70 players atleast.

a 2nd solution: let guilds stay permanently in a league if they active an option. by activating it, guild can't earn league points, it doesn't matter if it gets the last position or the first one, the guild will receive always the mid position and all the other guilds should receive league points according to their position+1.

Emberguard

Emperor
so my question is: how can Innogames (or FoE team) can let this happen? it should be impossible for one player reach diamond (and I'm a free to play player 99% of the time) and here I'am, reaching diamond league.
Because the other players let you reach diamond. It’s based on performance, what you’ve proven yourself capable of.

a 2nd solution: let guilds stay permanently in a league if they active an option. by activating it, guild can't earn league points, it doesn't matter if it gets the last position or the first one, the guild will receive always the mid position and all the other guilds should receive league points according to their position+1.
That would be incredibly swingy even compared to what we have now.

Either everyone would eventually be promoted to Diamond and be permanent Diamond for the rewards, or guilds would permanently pick a league below where they actually belong to ensure they always dominate the map every season.

for me, this is a big failure and should be modified :/ why have a guild with a lot of players of mid-high levels when you can beat most of guilds alone? Guild Battlegrounds or 1 player battlegrounds?
That’s making a lot of assumptions.

However if it were based on number of players I’d like the league points used to determine who within your grouped size you’d face up against

Owl II

Emperor
Hello, colleague;) More and more single farmers in GBG. In the current state, we can ignore GBG, or play it alone. Luckily, still other things in the game.

A solution in a competitive game that dont allow the guild to progress, dont allow to get points??? Is this sarcasm ???

Beta-OD

Squire
I would say the failure is that it's no long a competition but a who can work together the best to maximize battles. I haven't seen anything but camps and towers built in months, nothing is razed before it's taken because it's almost always someone taking who you will take back from in 4 hours. Its really a near unlimited FP producer for people willing to put in the clicks.

At the beginning, there was actual excitement fighting the other guilds, trapping sectors, razing when a sector was about to be taken, etc. Now it is just infinite minimum attrition sectors.

Don't get me wrong, I love the FP, Diamonds and SoH parts I'm getting but it wasn't/isn't the intent.

Based on:
  • rewards received,
  • enjoyment and participation of guildmates in guild goals/efforts ,
Many of the GE rewards ends up as items sold to the Auction Dealer. Gates, Faces of the Ancient, Tribal Squares, ... even Terrace Farms (to big for my liking).

Owl II

Emperor
Yes, GBG is a farm. And that's cool. But people are so organized they need to compete with someone. And if no rivals of other colors on the GBG map, they start competing with each other inside the Guild. And this is the most nasty. So I prefer GE. No one will plow your garden there at least;)

If Inno's intentions with the buildings was to generate more diamond spending then it's backfired big time as the farming generates more diamonds than it costs to insta build the camps.
I enjoy the rewards from GBG as much as anybody, but I have to admit I think it was better before the buildings were introduced.

aquila scutum

Merchant
Because this game is design for kids, with a lot of prosperity for everyone. There is no competition anymore, every one is making alliance and they farm the game in peace. That's the game imagine by INNO, if you don't like it don't play it.

I cant make heads or tails of those screenshots.

I wouldn't mind if the guild leader has to to accept going up a leauge to advance or having player amounts as prereqs. I really wouldn't mind if there were more penalties in gbg. Like when a sector unlocks, one building on that sector dissapears per hour (all buildings gone in 1-3 hours). Or the locking time for sectors depends on point rank or is randomly generated between 30 mins to 4 hours. Or even random events where NPC sectors spawn random buildings. GBG is just too predictable, it's too easy to farm and as a chaotic neutral type, I appreciate a little bit of chaos.

screenshot.1.jpgscreenshot.1.jpg

When you face the #1 (purple) and #2 (light blue) guilds in your world and they keep everyone else in the outer ring, than that is a matchmaking problem. The rankings of the other guilds are as following; 5th, 11th, 17th, 19th, 22th, and 26th. 5th is having a problem trying to establish a foothold into the 3rd level ring. Our guild has no problems with getting numbers from fights/negotiations.

CrashBoom

Legend
View attachment 6511View attachment 6511

When you face the #1 (purple) and #2 (light blue) guilds in your world and they keep everyone else in the outer ring, than that is a matchmaking problem. The rankings of the other guilds are as following; 5th, 11th, 17th, 19th, 22th, and 26th. 5th is having a problem trying to establish a foothold into the 3rd level ring. Our guild has no problems with getting numbers from fights/negotiations.
but all have 1000 LP

and the ranking places you are refering are only decided by GvG which has nothing to do with GBG :rolleyes: