• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Rejected GBs and Eras ( dislike and suggestion )

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser8400

I want to just state that I think it is unfair that some players have GB's outside of their era. Sometimes 2 or 3 eras ahead of themselves. While I understand that guildmates and friends gave them all the goods to get it to make it available for them, but it isn't fair for the rest of us!
So can you guys please make it a requirement that in order to build GBs of XYZ era, YOU MUST be in that era.

In plain and simple words: You can't build GBs era(s) ahead of you, you can only build from your current era and below.

Sometimes these benefit them in different ways other than PvP and GvG or for GE. Sometimes it allows them to clear up a lot of space in their city to build more wonders as some GBs give out population. There where some people getting the lead in PvP as a result of this.

While I understand that they can't be removed overnight for the players that already have such cities, I do have a suggestion and solution for it. LET THEM KEEP IT! The catch? Disable all the benefits from such GBs and they will only be reactivated when they reach such era for such GB. Simple as that.

This is to make it a more fair and balanced game among players. It does not take away anything from the general public nor adds any unfair advantage(s) to anyone. It simply regulates those that have found an exploit in the GBs/Era procedure. I hope this gets implemented fairly.

Thank you for your time and I hope to hear from the devs regarding this matter.

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.

DeletedUser8400

You know my opinion, I know yours.
I am not going to continue arguing my opinion. Most people that have responded disagree with this suggestion as well.

Also I have never purchased a premium building. Never, not here on Beta and not on my live game. I only use diamonds for expansions, BPs, and sometimes GE. Thats all. I have never even been inclined to buy one of the premium buildings because I can do perfectly fine with just the normal ones. I know others who do the same so I doubt they will all of a sudden be more inclined to buy premiums because they cannot have the GBs. Also on my live game I never jumped eras with my buildings so I played the non hopping way. So I went through each with the same era GBs and regular buildings. Its doable, but it is easier to hop and gives you an advantage. And it is fair to do so because the game allows it, always has and most likely will continue to do so.

Also I am a woman. Not a man. Should probably change my picture...

I think it would be a bad business decision. But oh well, just my opinion.

No opinion is wrong, and my appologies on the calling u sir. As far as the business decision goes, we would really need to take a look at the data. Only the data can give a clearer picture.

DeletedUser8400

like I stated before, you keep repeating the idea that there are "exploits" in the game that make it unfair for others. It doesn't matter how many times you say that.\, it isn't true and those knowlegable in the game know that

So sorry that you do not know the definition of ours. Dictionaries are common and easy to come by, may I suggest you try one.. And again you keep referring to an "exploit", thinking that if you say that enough times it will be perceived as a truth.
I have been playing the game, as it is, for 3 years. I like it just the way it is, that is why I keep playing it. You on the other hand have been playing more than 6 months, less than a year. And have progressed very little in that time.. It is obvious from your statements that you are clueless about using strategy to do well in the game. So, I say again, why don't you find another game, one that more suits your limited skills.
Personally I think you are just trolling to get a response so you can say, "oh look what I did"

This is a clear indication of what its like for new players....3 years vs someone less than a year but over 6 months. You prove my point that it does take a while for new player to grasp what they are doing. You also proved that those with experience in the game know how to abuse the system. furthermore, being not knowledgeable in one particular, in this example - this game, is different than limited skilled. Glad someone with limited skills didnt correct u on that one, otherwise it would look foolish on ur end. Specially since you feel ur better than those with limited skills. ;)

As far as trolling goes, I never once made my post as a form of 'trolling'. I made a clear suggestion to the devs. There's nothing more to it. How a few members of the community responded, well....that is something I did not expect. But then again, i am sure i am not the first one to make suggestions and get community members upset or disagree with their pov.

HuscarlTW

Squire
I have in my city nothing but GBs from my current era and below. I not once have gotten anything i have not researched.
I have spent my way doing it correctly without GB era hopping. As a result i have come to learn what i need and how to deal with it within its era. Heres a screenshot of one without the tags and one with the tags of gbs to give u the info.
FOE-CITY-NOTAGS.jpg

Heres one with the GB INFO
FOE-CITY-TAGS.jpg

As I stated earlier, i am refusing to go into INA because im helping guildmates and currently all my fps go towards their gbs as it benefits the guild. I am also trying to level up my own GBs. With limited amount of FPS gaining per day i am still managing to get through and buying more land with medals and diamonds from GE. I have put in the work. I have the residence to back up my needs.

If i had an inno tower and taken the shortcut, like many who are opposed to this exploit, I would not have a need for all those residential buildings, saving me the space to build other gbs that will benefit me or the guild. In my post/reply #33 i go into details about how many forge points people avoid or are missing to get that tower, with the example stating that the player is in INA.

How convenient that you quoted me and purposely left out the part that said "... and they will only be reactivated when they reach such era for such GB."

How and this isn't hard to figure out if u play other simulation games that are of similar category. You can build xyz wonders only once u reach a certain timepoint in history. Not that hard to see why they do it and why those games have had no issues with such feature or requirement, whichever way you want to view it as.
You've moved the goalposts. Your original post advocated "YOU MUST be in that era."

Not: YOU MUST be in that era or lower.

DeletedUser8400

You've moved the goalposts. Your original post advocated "YOU MUST be in that era."

Not: YOU MUST be in that era or lower.

can u clarify what you mean? All my gbs are in my era. Nothing is above it.

Edited to include this: Ahhhh yes...i see what u mean now. People feel it was too harsh to be in that era. So i would be ok with being one era away from it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Fairy Lily

Steward
No opinion is wrong, and my appologies on the calling u sir. As far as the business decision goes, we would really need to take a look at the data. Only the data can give a clearer picture.

You are not wrong the data is the only thing can actually prove anything.

But when I started the game I was also at a clear disadvantage. All of us players are at a clear disadvantage at one point of the game. This game can be challenging and going against players who have more or planned better is just part of it. Sadly the GB part seems more like a planning and using your resource thing, not really exploiting since it has been stated its supposed to make people work together.

I know a player, its her first time playing but she started out right away trying to get GBs. She looked into the game and found out that its the best way to be successful. So she is only about half a year in with playing but has a lot of GBs, and I will admit I help her with goods. So a new player can also use it to their advantage if they look into it.

The game allows endless amounts of opportunities and I understand how it can be frustrating, but to me locking people out of GBs does not make sense. It takes away flexibility and possibilities.

DeletedUser8400

You are not wrong the data is the only thing can actually prove anything.

But when I started the game I was also at a clear disadvantage. All of us players are at a clear disadvantage at one point of the game. This game can be challenging and going against players who have more or planned better is just part of it. Sadly the GB part seems more like a planning and using your resource thing, not really exploiting since it has been stated its supposed to make people work together.

I know a player, its her first time playing but she started out right away trying to get GBs. She looked into the game and found out that its the best way to be successful. So she is only about half a year in with playing but has a lot of GBs, and I will admit I help her with goods. So a new player can also use it to their advantage if they look into it.

The game allows endless amounts of opportunities and I understand how it can be frustrating, but to me locking people out of GBs does not make sense. It takes away flexibility and possibilities.

I get what your saying. But i am not essentially locking them out, though this community feels that way. I understand the why. But if u ever play other simulation games such as like the civ series, or even sim city...certain good buildings that are meant to be helpful towards the city have requirements that you must meet. So like civ series, u can't build the spaceship stuff if ur in the early stages of the game. Technology will have to be learned in order to build the pieces like nanotechnology and so forth. That is why i made that suggestion.

I can see how other players help each other build gbs, thats actuallly a good way to make everyone work together. I do feel that GB era hopping was overlooked but it is what it is. I can only hope that the devs hear me out and take into consideration that something 'might' need tweaking within the GB stuff. Could be better for the community or could be worse, or they can simply ignore it all.

You can't win the lotto if u dont buy the ticket. So only time will tell.
Thanks for your input. Greatly appreciated.

DeletedUser7107

This is a clear indication of what its like for new players....3 years vs someone less than a year but over 6 months. You prove my point that it does take a while for new player to grasp what they are doing. You also proved that those with experience in the game know how to abuse the system. furthermore, being not knowledgeable in one particular, in this example - this game, is different than limited skilled. Glad someone with limited skills didnt correct u on that one, otherwise it would look foolish on ur end. Specially since you feel ur better than those with limited skills. ;)

As far as trolling goes, I never once made my post as a form of 'trolling'. I made a clear suggestion to the devs. There's nothing more to it. How a few members of the community responded, well....that is something I did not expect. But then again, i am sure i am not the first one to make suggestions and get community members upset or disagree with their pov.
The reaction you get is from your insistence that there is an exploit that we are using to "abuse" the system. Most of your arguments stem from the fact that you are basically ignorant of the game, the players in the game, and the different strategies within the game. You are not too likely to learn either, because you stubbornly stick to a viewpoint that is not based in fact but merely your opinion. And opinions don't count for squat in the game, only knowledge of the game and intelligence in applying that knowledge. Instead of spending so much time defending an untrue assertion, that the game is being exploited, you might want to try and learn more about the game. It is a game of strategy and for some of us there is nothing more satisfying than when our strategy, and a lot of hard work, puts us on top.
By the way comparing this game to civ series, or simm city, is like comparing apples to oranges, and is probably where you have gone astray here

HuscarlTW

Squire
can u clarify what you mean? All my gbs are in my era. Nothing is above it.

Edited to include this: Ahhhh yes...i see what u mean now. People feel it was too harsh to be in that era. So i would be ok with being one era away from it.
If you are in Colonial, then Zeus is not in your era (or one away). In fact, in the Colonial Age, historically, the Statue of Zeus & Lighthouse of Alexandria were rubble.

It makes as much sense to have Zeus in your city as the Arc: neither was around in the Colonial Age.

DeletedUser

and Statue of Zeus and Cathedrale of Aachen would never work together
people believe in Zeus or Jesus: not in both

DeletedUser8400

If you are in Colonial, then Zeus is not in your era (or one away). In fact, in the Colonial Age, historically, the Statue of Zeus & Lighthouse of Alexandria were rubble.

It makes as much sense to have Zeus in your city as the Arc: neither was around in the Colonial Age.

No what i said what u had to be in that era of the gb so that you could build that gb or any gb's below that era. Seeing how the technology researched was already obtained. There was no purpose in having a gb above your era by 2+ since u dont have the technology researched for it.

DeletedUser7107

No what i said what u had to be in that era of the gb so that you could build that gb or any gb's below that era. Seeing how the technology researched was already obtained. There was no purpose in having a gb above your era by 2+ since u dont have the technology researched for it.

It's a dead issue now, no one cares what you think and this is my last post on this issue

DeletedUser

Very intelligent trolling, indeed, congrats, you got me 2 :)

Apart from the subject... but yet not so much... I personally would cut all the multiply Indian Palace sets. Or any multiply sets, for that matter. Now that's what I call exploiting! I'm sure it wasn't intended by devs to let anyone have 9 Palace Sets and since it didn't got from hard work, but pure luck I wasn't given by devs... that's surely UNFAIR and EXPLOIT :(

DeletedUser

I want to just state that I think it is unfair that some players have GB's outside of their era. Sometimes 2 or 3 eras ahead of themselves. While I understand that guildmates and friends gave them all the goods to get it to make it available for them, but it isn't fair for the rest of us!

Aaa. Now it's more clear to me. You are coming with the wrong assumption at start - you "understand" it bad. 90% of the goods weren't "given" but "bought" for hard work and FP's. Is that making you feel better now...? More fair...? No thanks needed, my pleasure :)

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
If it makes you feel any better, the vast majority of lower age GB collectors are wasting their space on them. They never level them very far, just collect the next set of goods (buying them with FP from other players) and drop them. There's really only a few GBs that are a significant advantage to have early :
LMA : CdM (and it doesn't take long to get to it)
PE : Chateau Frontenac (only if you're serious about questing)
PE : Alcatraz (not so important now that you can get unattached from GE - but many like to have it early)
FE : Arc

The rest... you're not missing much. The FP buildings take a long time to pay off. Orangery crits are few and far between unless you have the machinery to crank it to very high levels (think 70+). The population buildings only make sense if you've got a ton of SoKs or equivalent to cover your coin production needs.

And perhaps most importantly, in general if your goal is to get to age X, the fastest route is just to get teching and get your goods through conventional means - GBs are a diversion not an aid in that goal.

DeletedUser7107

Aaa. Now it's more clear to me. You are coming with the wrong assumption at start - you "understand" it bad. 90% of the goods weren't "given" but "bought" for hard work and FP's. Is that making you feel better now...? More fair...? No thanks needed, my pleasure :)

I love it

DeletedUser8463

So can you guys please make it a requirement that in order to build GBs of XYZ era, YOU MUST be in that era.

In plain and simple words: You can't build GBs era(s) ahead of you, you can only build from your current era and below.

Sometimes these benefit them in different ways other than PvP and GvG or for GE. Sometimes it allows them to clear up a lot of space in their city to build more wonders as some GBs give out population. There where some people getting the lead in PvP as a result of this.

While I understand that they can't be removed overnight for the players that already have such cities, I do have a suggestion and solution for it. LET THEM KEEP IT! The catch? Disable all the benefits from such GBs and they will only be reactivated when they reach such era for such GB. Simple as that.

This is to make it a more fair and balanced game among players. It does not take away anything from the general public nor adds any unfair advantage(s) to anyone. It simply regulates those that have found an exploit in the GBs/Era procedure. I hope this gets implemented fairly.

Thank you for your time and I hope to hear from the devs regarding this matter.

DeletedUser8463

If it makes you feel any better, the vast majority of lower age GB collectors are wasting their space on them. They never level them very far, just collect the next set of goods (buying them with FP from other players) and drop them. There's really only a few GBs that are a significant advantage to have early :
LMA : CdM (and it doesn't take long to get to it)
PE : Chateau Frontenac (only if you're serious about questing)
PE : Alcatraz (not so important now that you can get unattached from GE - but many like to have it early)
FE : Arc

The rest... you're not missing much. The FP buildings take a long time to pay off. Orangery crits are few and far between unless you have the machinery to crank it to very high levels (think 70+). The population buildings only make sense if you've got a ton of SoKs or equivalent to cover your coin production needs.

And perhaps most importantly, in general if your goal is to get to age X, the fastest route is just to get teching and get your goods through conventional means - GBs are a diversion not an aid in that goal.
I understand that you think this unfair but what about the players that bought diamond packages and purchased the goods to build the GB's outside of their ERA?

DeletedUser7239

After reading this i believe this is the oposite. the lower era players do have to work alot to get the out of era GB.
First they must invest in someone Gb to get the bp, and then, they must trade fp for goods.
There is a Gb (the arc), that is very demanded, i started to see it on CA..
The devs in this part did balanced it good, every one is free to choose what they want to do :)

Status
Not open for further replies.