• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Rejected GBs and Eras ( dislike and suggestion )

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser8400

I want to just state that I think it is unfair that some players have GB's outside of their era. Sometimes 2 or 3 eras ahead of themselves. While I understand that guildmates and friends gave them all the goods to get it to make it available for them, but it isn't fair for the rest of us!
So can you guys please make it a requirement that in order to build GBs of XYZ era, YOU MUST be in that era.

In plain and simple words: You can't build GBs era(s) ahead of you, you can only build from your current era and below.

Sometimes these benefit them in different ways other than PvP and GvG or for GE. Sometimes it allows them to clear up a lot of space in their city to build more wonders as some GBs give out population. There where some people getting the lead in PvP as a result of this.

While I understand that they can't be removed overnight for the players that already have such cities, I do have a suggestion and solution for it. LET THEM KEEP IT! The catch? Disable all the benefits from such GBs and they will only be reactivated when they reach such era for such GB. Simple as that.

This is to make it a more fair and balanced game among players. It does not take away anything from the general public nor adds any unfair advantage(s) to anyone. It simply regulates those that have found an exploit in the GBs/Era procedure. I hope this gets implemented fairly.

Thank you for your time and I hope to hear from the devs regarding this matter.

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.

DeletedUser8400

Quite a discussion we have going here. I do love the Beta Community ;)

Fair, unfair, just, unjust, exploits, era hopping (I love this one :D). I just do not see it this way at all.

Any game mechanic or strategy, or play style, as long as it is potentially available to all players, is by definition fair, just and not an exploit.
I think what this really comes down to is players that put all their focus into early GB development, and those that do not. But again, these are strategies available to all, and it's each players choice how they approach it.

Even if for arguments sake we said there was a limit on GB's that you can only build them up to one age/era above your own, it still doesn't change the ingame affects if you are the player at less GB development than another.
I can get hammered and plundered daily by a player an age below me if they have attack GB's that are 30 levels above my own. However I do not think that is unfair to me, or an exploit by the other player. The fact is they put more time and effort into developing a city to be powerful in attacking, and I didn't. It's just a reality of gaming and different play styles.

Currently GB's have 3 requirements to build. Space in the city, a full BP set, and the goods to build it. Again this is available to everyone, so no one can inherently be at a disadvantage.
Is it a players fault that they build 5 GB's while in EMA, and I only built 2? No, it means they spent more time gaining BP's, that their guild may be better than mine in affording opportunities to get higher age goods. Maybe they Aid more than I do, or do FP swaps. They deserve to be ahead of me because they put more effort into it.

I don't want to influence anyone's opinions here. This is just my opinion as a player about our current system of gaining BP's and building GB's.
Thanks all, keep up the great feedback :)
Z.D.

I respect your point of view and approach, it tends to try and stay neutral

DeletedUser8400

The very existence of the Dynamic Tower, to enable players to get goods ahead of their age (since only a moron - or someone already well in the future - would use it to get goods prior to their age) shows the intention that players can build GBs of advanced ages. Players who do not build advanced-era GBs are not playing the game to its fullest but that isn't a problem that those who do play it to full advantage should be penalised for.

Honestly its not even a penallization. It would be more of a req' that you should be one era prior to that GB ( minimal ) or in that GBs era. Much how it asks that you should have xyz goods and xyz bps to level up/ construct. It really isn't that hard to picture it. As for my previous statements that it should be have the current ones disabled, I think with the outcry of the people they should just keep it as they currently have it but apply the req' towards new players trying to build it there on after.

DeletedUser7107

I didnt say that either. I said when a player wants to build a GB such player should be an era prior to it or within that era. Not hop over 3-5 eras ahead to be able to build it.

EDITed to add this: Whatever pace the player wants to go at, whether rush through every tech and watnot is up to them. I have no problem with that. The GB era hopping is my issue.
My apologies, I edited my previous reply to reflect my true thoughts on the subject. However on this I have to ask, How long have you been playing, and how long have you been aware that people had the ability to build Gb from any era they wanted to? That IS the game, how it is played and I can't help but wonder why you continue to play it?

I certainly always had a slight problem with the fact that having a high-level sugar daddy who can provide goods on the cheap makes progress through the game so much easier. Having Arc and Alcatraz early on gives a player a real edge over the others. It gives big guilds a massive advantage when trying to recruit active players.

DeletedUser7107

I was just enlightened. I looked at the city of voidsource and now I understand. He barely has a city and now i realized why he seems clueless about the game. because he is.
nothing more need be said

Fairy Lily

Steward
From what I have seen, the GB era jumping is exploited by "push" accounts and this is more often than not, cheating.

To comment on Dolphins message : Not necessarily! My Main World is on the US Server. I finally got an Arc there and have fallen in love with it. My guild on Beta is very active and I was able to get the BPs here. I then paid another player fps to get the goods because I really wanted it. It took forever but I finally have it in my city.

For the discussion: Players have to invest time and valuable fps to get these other buildings. Sometimes this stalls everything else in the city because that is the goal.

We spent time on doing it, its our strategy. So you cannot just take it away just because it is thought unfair. You can do the same by going and donating to higher GBs and then fp buying the goods like most of the other players did with their High era GB. Everyone has the same opportunity!

DeletedUser8400

My apologies, I edited my previous reply to reflect my true thoughts on the subject. However on this I have to ask, How long have you been playing, and how long have you been aware that people had the ability to build Gb from any era they wanted to? That IS the game, how it is played and I can't help but wonder why you continue to play it?

To answer ur question i believe somewhere between 6 month but less than a year.

I was just enlightened. I looked at the city of voidsource and now I understand. He barely has a city and now i realized why he seems clueless about the game. because he is.
nothing more need be said

um...the beta isn't my real city. I play on the main servers and im in the colonial ages but refuse to go into industrial age even though i am one tech away from completing all techs in CA. I am simply helping out my guildmates and myself build up my city. Thanks for letting others of what you know.

DeletedUser8400

I certainly always had a slight problem with the fact that having a high-level sugar daddy who can provide goods on the cheap makes progress through the game so much easier. Having Arc and Alcatraz early on gives a player a real edge over the others. It gives big guilds a massive advantage when trying to recruit active players.

I know that feeling too well. When i first picking out a good guild, i was surprised that anything i asked i got. After a few days, the game didn't feel or felt rewarding in doing anything. Simply bc there was no challenge to it. While some GBs can benefit the guilds greatly, it allows them for easier leveling up which in returns gives them goods. Thats fine and dandy but the game doesnt have a system in which it pairs up guilds by same skill level and have them go at each other, which is where other guilds get involved and can't really gain any good rewards. Not sure why that is. I speak of the system.

DeletedUser8400

For the discussion: Players have to invest time and valuable fps to get these other buildings. Sometimes this stalls everything else in the city because that is the goal.

We spent time on doing it, its our strategy. So you cannot just take it away just because it is thought unfair. You can do the same by going and donating to higher GBs and then fp buying the goods like most of the other players did with their High era GB. Everyone has the same opportunity!

Yes that is true, time and investment of fps is time consuming. No denying that, but when you have a city that is no where near the actual technology such as in iron age or EMA that has buildings like inno tower and traz....kinda hard to disprove that they aren't just a push account in it to cheat other players in that era. Sure everyone states that anyone can do it and that its their fault that they aren't doing it, but that doesnt make it right.

No one can say that other players in the game not doing that are fully knowledgable in the game. It might take some people a while to move on to different aspects of the game. For example when I had first started to play the game, I was more into knowing what the tech tree has to offer, what buildings to build, which produce more supplies/gold/population....it took me a while before i moved on to GBs, how they work, how to strategize in getting bp's, how to get the resource for it. Somewhere along those lines i started to take more into consideration city planning/layout, # of tiles consumed by xyz building(s).

All this takes also time to fully grasp, yet you have players already veterans of the game who will start other accounts and go straight for GBs outside of their era bc they want to start strong.

All i am suggesting is make it so that future GBs require the player to be one era away so that you can then actually build it. There is no stopping anyone from collecting the resource or bps prior to that. I understand the bp's take time to collect, so go ahead and collect away to ya hearts desire. Just saying when it comes to actually placing it in the city you must meet that requirement of being one era away. It only seems fair.

DeletedUser8277

but the game doesnt have a system in which it pairs up guilds by same skill level and have them go at each other
It's called GE.
From what I have seen, the GB era jumping is exploited by "push" accounts and this is more often than not, cheating.
I have seen my fair share of push accounts, never did they have advanced GBs. The *push* account is the one kept lower to feed FPs into the main account in this type of cheat. Why would having advanced GBs make someone more likely to cheat? The main account isn't going to waste resources passing goods back to the push account, the push account doesn't build GBs it is only there to funnel FP. You can spot most push accounts easily by their lack of any and all GBs let alone advanced ones. You see an account in IA, zero GBs but buildings around from last winter event and you can pretty much see FPs MIA. Not in their tech tree, has no GBs for swaps you can date their city back far longer than it would take to use FPs to buy goods. You know they should be out of their era or have some fancy GBs to show for it.

As far as using push accounts to put FPs on advanced buildings, the advanced buildings have nothing to do with cheating. It's cheating if you do it with a Zeus just as much as an Arc. I also am much less likely to believe that someone took the time to get all those resources to build an advanced GB only to risk their entire game for 24FP/day when they just spent 400-600 on the goods for the building.

What you're saying is not only not true, it makes no sense.

Very well said sir.
So now having advanced GBs makes someone more likely to cheat as well? Tell me more about all you've learned in the 6 months you've been playing this game so we may all rush in changing how the rest of us have played for years to better accommodate your feelings.

DeletedUser8277

It only seems fair.
WHY? How are you disenfranchised? In what way is your game affected by someone else having advanced GBs? In what way were you not given your fair share? What was taken away from you? NOTHING. You are wining and repeating the same word which you are using incorrectly. And outright refuse to state any reason why it is bad for inno as a business, bad for the game, bad for the player who has them and bad for any other player. Also please learn the definition of FAIR. It is fair, you making a decision different from your neighbor does not count as UNFAIR because you made a different decision.

And no, the definition of a word does not change because you feel it should. What you're arguing isn't even opinion as fact but rather feelings trump facts and the literal meaning of words.

DeletedUser8400

WHY? How are you disenfranchised? In what way is your game affected by someone else having advanced GBs? In what way were you not given your fair share? What was taken away from you? NOTHING.
You keep asking this and i kept answering over and over. Are visually impaired? or just got selective visualization? Which one is it? I mentioned how it its not fair and how its all connected and yet here you are asking this, what i believe is, the 3rd time....

DeletedUser8400

You are wining and repeating the same word which you are using incorrectly

To top it all off i gave you a lengthy post on how it is cutting your actual usage of fp's, resource goods and watnot in post/reply #33 and u still here asking how it is unfair and how it is something i just feel. The facts are the facts, you skip eras, u go over 4k near 5k fp's to achieve a GB that you don't spend the actual fp's on and still keep asking how im wrong just bc i feel it....seriously...do you have selective visualization or not? Or are you visually impaired?

DeletedUser8400

Also please learn the definition of FAIR. It is fair, you making a decision different from your neighbor does not count as UNFAIR because you made a different decision.

again, this has been covered in post/reply #33...i state there how its an undjust advantage. At some point you have to read sweetie.
Heck even crooks and burglars understand that robbing and stealing is work, just because they do work differently than their neighbors does not make it right, or does it?

SirSmithy

Squire
again, this has been covered in post/reply #33...i state there how its an undjust advantage. At some point you have to read sweetie.
Heck even crooks and burglars understand that robbing and stealing is work, just because they do work differently than their neighbors does not make it right, or does it?

Try to accept the fact! If it is available for everyone, then there is no unfairness.
Perhaps you could learn a new play style from the others and enjoy it as well.
And guys! Thanks for the tip with the Inno Tower ;) I will gladly pay FP for the goods, if anyone has it. Drop me an in-game message! ;)

DeletedUser8277

You keep asking this and i kept answering over and over. Are visually impaired? or just got selective visualization? Which one is it? I mentioned how it its not fair and how its all connected and yet here you are asking this, what i believe is, the 3rd time....
Because you haven't answered it, you did useless math that had nothing to do with what I asked. This is beta where people come from all over the world to play, so it is very possible English in not your first language. If it is, than English comprehension is certainly not your forte.

Your insults and sexist overtones don't change facts, that you described a path others take and state it is unfair to take another because you feel one is more difficult. Does again not change the definition of the word fair, as both paths are available to all players, nor does it state in what way your game has been hindered by mine.
That is called plundering. Also allowed in the game also I'm sure by your standards something that must be changed immediately to be more 'fair' to you.

This is the game, these are the rules of the game, this is how the game has been long before you decided to grace us with your presence. Grow up and stop expecting things to bend to you at the expense of others. You want the benefits, do the work.

You not liking something is fine, there are many things each of us do not like about this game. You demanding, and actually being so self centered to think a dev owes you some explanation as to why they won't shut down games like mine because you don't like it... I can think of many words to describe such a person as yourself, but none of which would be adding to a production conversation.

I cannot tell if you named yourself void because of your lack of logic, inability to comprehend others or simply describing what's between your ears. My guess is 'void' will also describe your city in a few more months when you give up and go back to Candy Crush because this one's just too hard and requires you to play well with others.

DeletedUser7107

To top it all off i gave you a lengthy post on how it is cutting your actual usage of fp's, resource goods and watnot in post/reply #33 and u still here asking how it is unfair and how it is something i just feel. The facts are the facts, you skip eras, u go over 4k near 5k fp's to achieve a GB that you don't spend the actual fp's on and still keep asking how im wrong just bc i feel it....seriously...do you have selective visualization or not? Or are you visually impaired?
I see that you are learning from our american politicians. You think if you repeat enough times "it is unfair", that people will believe it is real.. why don't you find another game more suited to your non competitive play style and leave ours alone

Fairy Lily

Steward
Yes that is true, time and investment of fps is time consuming. No denying that, but when you have a city that is no where near the actual technology such as in iron age or EMA that has buildings like inno tower and traz....kinda hard to disprove that they aren't just a push account in it to cheat other players in that era. Sure everyone states that anyone can do it and that its their fault that they aren't doing it, but that doesnt make it right.

No one can say that other players in the game not doing that are fully knowledgable in the game. It might take some people a while to move on to different aspects of the game. For example when I had first started to play the game, I was more into knowing what the tech tree has to offer, what buildings to build, which produce more supplies/gold/population....it took me a while before i moved on to GBs, how they work, how to strategize in getting bp's, how to get the resource for it. Somewhere along those lines i started to take more into consideration city planning/layout, # of tiles consumed by xyz building(s).

All this takes also time to fully grasp, yet you have players already veterans of the game who will start other accounts and go straight for GBs outside of their era bc they want to start strong.

All i am suggesting is make it so that future GBs require the player to be one era away so that you can then actually build it. There is no stopping anyone from collecting the resource or bps prior to that. I understand the bp's take time to collect, so go ahead and collect away to ya hearts desire. Just saying when it comes to actually placing it in the city you must meet that requirement of being one era away. It only seems fair.

AND my city that is HMA here on my Beta is no where near the Future era, yet because I talked with the right people I was able to get help and am ecstatic to be able to have an Arc here as well! I talked with people and that helped me. Every other player could have done the same! It is very much fair!!!

Yes it does make it right because it is an opportunity available in the game, we are using it. If you do not want to use it that is your decision but we cannot be punished because you decided not to do it.

When I started playing I had to learn too. Coming here on Beta I play a little different because I have the experience. Sorry that someone new does not have the same knowledge but we all start in the same place and work our way up to learn! We have the experience, yes, and we have the right to use it to our advantage. Go ahead and start a new city! There you can use your now more veteran knowledge to your advantage and get GBs that are typically out of your reach as well!

It is not fair to take away that option from a player! We worked for it! ITS OURS TO KEEP! You cannot just change the policy because you are unhappy that you did not learn it or think of it earlier. Start a new city and then you can do the same thing and get the advantage. BUT you cannot punish others just because you think its unfair! Clearly everyone else here that has been commenting thinks the exact same way. Even the moderator and community manager admit its a game feature that has always been there. It won't change so you can continue arguing about it. OR accept the fact and start another city and use the same features to your advantage.

Status
Not open for further replies.