• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Spoiler Further Guild Battlegrounds Changes

NoVa

Squire
Spoiler Poster
Have a look at some new features linked to Guild Battlegrounds. What do you think? Some of the building images look like a combination of already existing buildings, possibly combining their abilities, as well as some new ones. And some attrition hints, possibly showing how high of an attrition bonus given sector has.

ArklurBeta

Baronet
sector_buildings_barracks_XXX

The name and the image kinda makes me think you could...put units into this building? Either to protect the sector, or heck, maybe even get some "AI help" for attacking a neighbor sector?...

Goldra

Marquis
It looks like they going to change the actual buildings for this ones.
Barracks should work as traps, making bigger atrition.
Comand post should work as a fortress, increasing the number of battles.
Fieldcamps should work as a siedge camp, reducing attrition.
Maybe we will have another 3 level building for increasing the victory points, like a palace.
The attrition hints looks like we will see the places in this colours. Blue for low attrition; orange for 1 attrition, and red for >1 attrition.

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
If Inno reviews constructible buildings in GbG, I hope they will also review the number of locations to balance the chances of playing and no longer being spectators for lack of areas close to his HQ.

Emberguard

Emperor
If I recall correctly.... pretty sure those graphics were found the first time Guild Battlegrounds was being designed. Maybe they're re-visiting ideas that had been discarded in a earlier iteration?

CrashBoom

Legend
must be giving something really good

or else guilds will still just use siege camps

and then it was a waste of time to create them

:rolleyes:

NoVa

Squire
Spoiler Poster
If I recall correctly.... pretty sure those graphics were found the first time Guild Battlegrounds was being designed.
Had a look in the first spoilers and the first announcement. While the Barracks (or Militia Barracks) are in the files for some time, though unused and function unknown, the fieldcamp seems to be new. Maybe they'll use the intended mechanic for the barracks, which I've speculated, if built, would chip away enemy progress over time on that sector, kinda like the aggressive NPC in GvG used to do, but hopefully we find out soon.

Quoras

Merchant
I think they are introducing a new battleground where you have to fight with either both or only your defensive stats, that would explain those attrition bars. (blue and mixed) Or maybe they allow you to "defend" sectors with defensive fights

ArklurBeta

Baronet
I actually those attrition_hint_xxx bars are might be used to indicate the chance to gain attrition. It would be a huge QoL addition, no need to check every so often how many SCs support you have, how many traps you face but the game providing, hinting that information for you.

Emberguard

Emperor
I think they are introducing a new battleground where you have to fight with either both or only your defensive stats, that would explain those attrition bars. (blue and mixed) Or maybe they allow you to "defend" sectors with defensive fights
Any additions of defensive army stats to Guild Battlegrounds would make a lot more sense if they're added to the maps we already have.

If as you speculate it's an entirely new map, then it would reduce the inherent value of anything we put down to assist with the map to a third of those listed building stats; you'd only have use of those buildings a third of the time if we're rotating between three maps.

I'm interested to see what they come up with, just hope whatever that is will be for all maps to really make those defensive stats be worth it and not just a third map

AllamHRK

Baronet
Any additions of defensive army stats to Guild Battlegrounds would make a lot more sense if they're added to the maps we already have.

If as you speculate it's an entirely new map, then it would reduce the inherent value of anything we put down to assist with the map to a third of those listed building stats; you'd only have use of those buildings a third of the time if we're rotating between three maps.

I'm interested to see what they come up with, just hope whatever that is will be for all maps to really make those defensive stats be worth it and not just a third map
I agree, but unfortunately I believe that if this is not the case now, very soon we will see a 3rd map where only defense is used instead of attack.

This would be the next logical step to give more weight to the defense mechanic, and in the future maybe some other new feature that uses defense or a mix of defense/offense.

zookeepers

Marquis
If they try to implement Def boost in GBG, they should come up with more defensive kind of mechanics,
something like this:

Gigantic Enemy troops (NPC appears on the map randomly) is attacking us, and we have to defend our land (using the def boost)!
When you fail, your guild lose a sector and that sector is going to be locked for 8 hours.
NPC attacks sectors even if they're locked, so fighting using def boost is mandatory if you want to stay on the map.

Attacking other guilds using def boost and trying to occupy sectors is simply ridiculous.

Emberguard

Emperor
I agree, but unfortunately I believe that if this is not the case now, very soon we will see a 3rd map where only defense is used instead of attack.

This would be the next logical step to give more weight to the defense mechanic, and in the future maybe some other new feature that uses defense or a mix of defense/offense.

Players already sit out of every second season on the basis of maintaining a certain rank. If defense is exclusively on a single map every third cycle that'll just ensure that's the map Guilds sit out of

While it would be the easiest way to implement Defensive Stats in place of Attacking Stats, there is nothing logical about putting in defense to a feature that's active only a third of the time, unless they also intend to increase the rewards x3 from what the other two maps produce to make up for the downtime. Then it would make sense for a new map, as then there'd be incentive to not sit out of that season and actually invest in defense more

Last edited:

NoVa

Squire
Spoiler Poster
There was an interesting idea, I've seen UBERhelp mention it, for a way to actively defend a sector under attack using :att_def_defender: bonuses and a separate attrition counter, which sounds more fitting instead of using them to attack/conquer sectors. It would need some limitations to prevent endless fighting loop we've grown accustomed to, and I'm not so positive about them being used in battlegrounds, but given the attention they're suddenly receiving who knows what to expect.

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
There was an interesting idea, I've seen UBERhelp mention it, for a way to actively defend a sector under attack
I hope not because in addition to seeing flags at 159 where the only way to force the sector to close is to type, if we can "defend" this will further promote agreements between 2 guilds to the detriment of the 6 others.

AllamHRK

Baronet
There was an interesting idea, I've seen UBERhelp mention it, for a way to actively defend a sector under attack using :att_def_defender: bonuses and a separate attrition counter, which sounds more fitting instead of using them to attack/conquer sectors. It would need some limitations to prevent endless fighting loop we've grown accustomed to, and I'm not so positive about them being used in battlegrounds, but given the attention they're suddenly receiving who knows what to expect.
It certainly seems more logical and correct to use attack to attack and defend to defend, but InnoGames has not been known for doing what is logical and right for a long time. So I would go with the other option, just a new map that would use defense at the attack location, and for any difficulty... use diamonds, maybe some kind of $15 pack? LOL

I don't like it the way you guys do, but I think it's more likely to happen.

Players already sit out of every second season on the basis of maintaining a certain rank. If defense is exclusively on a single map every third cycle that'll just ensure that's the map Guilds sit out of

While it would be the easiest way to implement Defensive Stats in place of Attacking Stats, there is nothing logical about putting in defense to a feature that's active only a third of the time, unless they also intend to increase the rewards x3 from what the other two maps produce to make up for the downtime. Then it would make sense for a new map, as then there'd be incentive to not sit out of that season and actually invest in defense more
Well, perhaps this "staying out" every 2 seasons can be resolved soon if they move forward with the idea of reducing the attrition discount, thus ending the FPs and score farm that is currently exclusive to the 2 largest guilds (or the bigger guild and your fake guild), as even the players with the biggest attacks managed to do around 300 fights a day (assuming an attrition of 100) approximately with that 66% discount. So it would take a lot more effort from the two bigger guilds to keep the map closed all the time, they would have to use a lot of fake accounts, that is, more work. I believe that this compared to the current reality would give more possibility for other guilds to have more space to fight.

Let's wait and see what's new in those GB spoilers...