• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Forge Bowl 2020

Emberguard

Emperor
So no matter how much defense you get, you will always get plundered? How does that happen, can't one reach a point where and the attacking unit will do little to no damage vs the defending unit? This mechanic does not make much sense like that...
Regards
It’s all relative. If you can get 1k defence then your opponent can also reach 1k attack and it'll be cheaper for them on the GB side of things then it will be for you.

Defence GB (Name)LevelAge FPs Needed (no 1.9)FPs Needed (with 1.9)Boost
St. Basil Cathedral80LMA136,38628,51365%
Deal Castle80ColA144,20429,20865%
Combined Total: 130%

Defence GB (Name)LevelAgeFPs Needed (no 1.9)FPs Needed (with 1.9)Boost
St Basil Cathedral138LMA651,691464,11695%
Deal Castle138ColA??? (more then St, Basil)???95%
Combined Total: 190%

Attack GB (Name)LevelAgeFPs NeededFPs Needed (with 1.9)Boost
Zeus80BA99,39020,05265%
Cathedral of Aachen80EMA116,93223,32165%
Castel Del Monte80LMA136,20428,51365%
Combined Total: 195%

Every GB I listed has the exact same output for the exact same level but the cost is determined by the age of the GB. No matter which 2 GBs I use to raise my attack boosts it's cheaper for me then for you to work on defence. I haven't included TA here because that works on both armies. For every defence event building you have there's a attack event building I can place. Even if you use watchfires and ritual flames I can just use the difference in FPs saved to either get a Kraken which will automatically take out one of your units no matter how much defence you have or I can boost my attack boost GBs up further.

As long as there's only 2 defending army GBs you'd need at least a 1,000,000 FPs to get the same output on your defending army as 72,000 FPs would get in attacking army boosts

But hypothetically, even if all things were equal and I have 1-2k defence but don’t have any attack then it doesn’t matter how long it takes the opponent to get through my defence. Even if it takes them a hundred turns to chip through it if I don’t have attack then it’s only a matter of time until my units defence is exhausted (because I won't be dealing [enough] damage to the attacker to beat them any faster then they can beat me)

Likewise if my opponent has 1-2k attack and no defence they can 1HKO an opponent but be dead before they can hit anything.

It’s far more likely however that you’ll each have enough boosts to negate some of each other’s highest stat with the attacker coming out on top due to more options and cheaper GBs.

Personally I don't mind that they're putting defence stat on the main event building. I'd be putting the event building in regardless of what the extra boosts are as long as I have room to place it and it's nice that those who want to invest in defence have an option to do so.

Last edited:

Emberguard

Emperor
If we accept that the vast majority of posted reactions to the Olympic Treasury have been negative (incontrovertibly true), and that my idea of having the boost apply to the attacking rather than defending army is not acceptable and/or not realistic, then I'd love to hear other ideas.
How about this?
a straight +2% attack for the defending army for all ages (in addition to the defence for defending army it already gives)

And yes, I'm deliberately suggesting a really small stat boost so it's not just buying a bunch of lvl 13 GBs when combined with what's already there.

DeletedUser10417

therge is a bug on quest 13. it says that you dont have enough goods even if you have

Mr.Quib

Squire
No, it is working fine (I guess), but it is lame. I have no production buildings in my city (except of blacksmiths and Magnum opus) and I will not rebuild my city just to build buildings from previous era that I will delete after 10 productions. Change it to production from current era (for that I have my Magnum opus).

And yes, there is an alternative option "collect 5 incidents"... after 11 hours of checking I have 3... This is annoying as hell.

I did not mind this "collect X incidents" quests when they were introduced because there were usually some "normal" alternative. But this combination is ..... (put there any curse word you like). :mad:
I agree it's pretty weird to ask for productions from the previous age. In most cases you can at least choose between x-amount of current age or a higher amount from previous age. I'm certainly not going to build any previous age buildings for this quest, so hopefully the incidents won't take to long.

Feanor II

Baronet
Looking at what is being offered for the final reward needs some change for me to build it. Like many people are stating I would like to have the boost increase for the defense of the attacking troops as well. The Sentinel Outpost I will be trying for but a bigger building with a substantial boost for the defense of the attacking troops would be a much better option. The other rewards would be fine if the boost were to change. The other rewards for the other buildings from the past are of no interest as I have the buildings at full levels already. Please consider this change as others have stated that the defense for the attacking troops need some additional help. Thank you.
I agree with you, I would just point out that it doesn't have to be "as well", it can be "instead of". The point is that defending armies are considered irrelevant by most players (especially the high-age ones who are most likely to spend), so no one's going to buy something that boosts them. Regarding the concept of "it would be too powerful" that some on this thread have claimed; well OK, ratchet down the boost number a bit.

The Olympic Treasury is scaled well against the Abandoned Asylum in terms of the other benefits, but the difference is the AA has a useful bonus and the OT does not. So give the OT the inverse bonus of the AA (def boost of attacking army as opposed to atk boost) and scale the boost numbers to account for 20 squares instead of 25. That creates a Grand Prize that is worth building without being out of line with other similar buildings.

Of course, as many have stated, it's extremely unlikely this will actually happen. But I can dream :). I'd love to see Inno take a poll regarding OT at the highest age: "Would you prefer a 32% def. boost to defending army (current stat) or a 19% def. boost to attacking army (scaled against AA's atk boost of .96%/sq=19.2% over 20 sq.)?" I expect the overwhelming response would be the latter, despite the lower number.

Last edited:

Amdira

Baronet
I agree it's pretty weird to ask for productions from the previous age. In most cases you can at least choose between x-amount of current age or a higher amount from previous age. I'm certainly not going to build any previous age buildings for this quest, so hopefully the incidents won't take to long.
To be honest, I found it interesting to finally find some quests differing from the usual ones. Since Winter Event we know, that collecting incidents and exchanging items at the antiques dealer are possible quest coming up. So everyone can prepare for that and not collecting incidents after login and preparing some items at the dealer over night or every 2 hours. Productions from previous age shouldn't be a problem either. Most haven't upgraded their TFs or other buildings, which are mostly used for producing FPs. So there should be the one or another previous age production in almost every city. I agree, that it may be difficult for beginners, but anyway - even if I'm the only one - I like the ideas for new quests - remember, we've been asking for variety :)

Sinitar

Regent
So no matter how much defense you get, you will always get plundered? How does that happen, can't one reach a point where and the attacking unit will do little to no damage vs the defending unit? This mechanic does not make much sense like that...
Regards
it depends which troops are you put in defense...if you have puted 8 guards with 2k% def,I can defeat your defense with only the rocket troops without problems or with turtles and in some case,I'm not suffer any shot from their:):)

Sinitar

Regent
It’s all relative. If you can get 1k defence then your opponent can also reach 1k attack and it'll be cheaper for them on the GB side of things then it will be for you.

Defence GB (Name)LevelAge FPs Needed (no 1.9)FPs Needed (with 1.9)Boost
St. Basil Cathedral80LMA136,38628,51365%
Deal Castle80ColA144,20429,20865%
Combined Total: 130%

Defence GB (Name)LevelAgeFPs Needed (no 1.9)FPs Needed (with 1.9)Boost
St Basil Cathedral138LMA651,691464,11695%
Deal Castle138ColA??? (more then St, Basil)???95%
Combined Total: 190%

Attack GB (Name)LevelAgeFPs NeededFPs Needed (with 1.9)Boost
Zeus80BA99,39020,05265%
Cathedral of Aachen80EMA116,93223,32165%
Castel Del Monte80LMA136,20428,51365%
Combined Total: 195%

Every GB I listed has the exact same output for the exact same level but the cost is determined by the age of the GB. No matter which 2 GBs I use to raise my attack boosts it's cheaper for me then for you to work on defence. I haven't included TA here because that works on both armies. For every defence event building you have there's a attack event building I can place. Even if you use watchfires and ritual flames I can just use the difference in FPs saved to either get a Kraken which will automatically take out one of your units no matter how much defence you have or I can boost my attack boost GBs up further.

As long as there's only 2 defending army GBs you'd need at least a 1,000,000 FPs to get the same output on your defending army as 72,000 FPs would get in attacking army boosts

But hypothetically, even if all things were equal and I have 1-2k defence but don’t have any attack then it doesn’t matter how long it takes the opponent to get through my defence. Even if it takes them a hundred turns to chip through it if I don’t have attack then it’s only a matter of time until my units defence is exhausted (because I won't be dealing [enough] damage to the attacker to beat them any faster then they can beat me)

Likewise if my opponent has 1-2k attack and no defence they can 1HKO an opponent but be dead before they can hit anything.

It’s far more likely however that you’ll each have enough boosts to negate some of each other’s highest stat with the attacker coming out on top due to more options and cheaper GBs.

Personally I don't mind that they're putting defence stat on the main event building. I'd be putting the event building in regardless of what the extra boosts are as long as I have room to place it and it's nice that those who want to invest in defence have an option to do so.
each level after level 10,it increase by 2,4494% the number of fp required so at level 101 if deal castle require 7001 total FP,at level 102,it required 7176 total FP

Last edited:

qaccy

Emperor
it depends which troops are you put in defense...if you have puted 8 guards with 2k% def,I can defeat your defense with only the rocket troops without problems or with turtles and in some case,I'm not suffer any shot from their:):)

Until someone uses flying units...

qaccy

Emperor
In that case, you can use 5 rocket troops, 1 sentinel and 2 rogues if the neighour has puted 7 guards and 1 sentinel

Of course there's always an 'answer' to a given defense, but my point was that there really isn't a one-size-fits-all attack that will beat any defense, and the unpredictability of attacking, not knowing what the defenders will be beforehand, means there can never really be a guarantee.

DeletedUser8262

Can anyone post the stats for the sentry post in ME and PME please?