• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Forge Bowl 2020

DeletedUser10172

@Debbie: you got a Babel lvl 7 and a Zeus lvl 11 but no doubt somewhere else you got all your GBs on lvl 141 :) We do need to close the big gap between attack/defense and it doesn't matter if every player can close the gap.
Yes, in my main world I have an Atk boost of 550% and only Def in Atk of 201%. So it would be great to have a huge increase, but GbG is already hard, if everyone that wanted a huge increase in defence could get it in this event would just make the strongest stronger, it should just be kept as an gentle release of a new game mechanic, as it is currently.

I just think it's better if everyone can compete without feeling they are just wasting their time and rage quitting. I'm not excited by the Treasury's boost, but the event buildings are consistently good, who gets excited anymore. I basically don't have any event buildings from 2014-2018, that's how good this year has been for event buildings.

We have been spoilt and don't seem to realise.

DeletedUser8946

The new event building is definitely not interesting to me... I would think that it's so for other people, but I favour Attack power over anything at the moment. I can also go for previous era goods and forge points, all of which would give me a lot of benefit for my GBG fights..
City defense is not something I would spend any time on. Of course this is a preference, but considering the size of the building, and the limited rewards, there is no way this building finds a space in my city. The building itself and the upgrades I am getting will find their way to the Dealer for coins and gems.

Suggestion: Give us a choice at level 10: Inno did this before, with Ships and Mills and all and the last with the Winter Train.
Boosts you can add:
1. Attack boost for the attacking units
2. Supplies boost.
3. Coins boost.
4. Defending army boost.
5. Attack boost for the defending units.
6. This building produces X amount of goods from the previous Era.
7. If you choose this version of the statue, you get random rewards (very much like Crow's Nest)
8. If you choose this version of the statue, you get random unit from your age.

As can be seen, there are a lot of possibilities. Defending boost is not favoured by ...pretty much no one...
Even the highest defending boost could be penetrated with an attacking boost ratio even lower than the previous one.
Just my two cents.

Is there a problem with the quest, is it working correctly? Can you expand a little more?

No, it is working fine (I guess), but it is lame. I have no production buildings in my city (except of blacksmiths and Magnum opus) and I will not rebuild my city just to build buildings from previous era that I will delete after 10 productions. Change it to production from current era (for that I have my Magnum opus).

And yes, there is an alternative option "collect 5 incidents"... after 11 hours of checking I have 3... This is annoying as hell.

I did not mind this "collect X incidents" quests when they were introduced because there were usually some "normal" alternative. But this combination is ..... (put there any curse word you like). :mad:

DeletedUser10282

The Olympic Treasury Building is nice, and I’m sure many players will go for it, but does not excite me. I personally look for 2 things in an event building - 1) attack boost or 2) enough FP that it would work well with my Blue Galaxy. Preferably both like the assylum, which is an excellent bulding,

But this building does not meet that criteria, it’s 8 FP does not excite me as it would have a year ago, and it’s too big to want me to plant since it does not meet any of my needs.

I will play this event to pick up another Colossus and some sentinels, but anything from this building For me will be sold In the AD.

Feanor II

Baronet
The Olympic Treasury Building is nice, and I’m sure many players will go for it, but does not excite me. I personally look for 2 things in an event building - 1) attack boost or 2) enough FP that it would work well with my Blue Galaxy. Preferably both like the assylum, which is an excellent bulding,

But this building does not meet that criteria, it’s 8 FP does not excite me as it would have a year ago, and it’s too big to want me to plant since it does not meet any of my needs.

I will play this event to pick up another Colossus and some sentinels, but anything from this building For me will be sold In the AD.
I think the 8FP is actually fair; it suffers very slightly to the comparable Abandoned Asylum (.4/sq vs .44/sq), but I wouldn't quibble over that minor of a difference. Agree absolutely with the effect though. This is why I think it should be changed to defense boost for attacking army. The marketing writes itself:

"At its highest level, the Olympic Treasury incorporates a brand-new bonus: it increases the defense boost of your attacking army! You also receive the same benefit through the all-new Sentinel Tower. Get these new buildings together to toughen up your troops, so buy some today!"

Hiep Lin

Viceroy
"At its highest level, the Olympic Treasury incorporates a brand-new bonus: it increases the defense boost of your attacking army! You also receive the same benefit through the all-new Sentinel Tower. Get these new buildings together to toughen up your troops, so buy some today!"
You dream!
2 new buildings with the same bonus!

And if you have that, what will you ask at the next event? and the next? and the next? and the next?

Feanor II

Baronet
You dream!
2 new buildings with the same bonus!
2018 Winter Event: Watchfire Upgrade Kit/Winter Spire-both boost the defense% of defending army. Yes, I know Watchfire Upgrade Kit is not a building; it improves an existing building. The point stands-it's a new item that improves the city in the same manner as the Grand Prize from the same Event.

Bottom line: Asking for the Olympic Treasury to have the same effect as the Sentinel Tower is not putting us into unprecedented territory. They've done this before.

And if you have that, what will you ask at the next event? and the next? and the next? and the next?
I don't know where you're going with this sort of hyperbole. To answer the question (however ridiculous), those events haven't come out yet, so it would be pointless to try to analyze data that doesn't exist yet. I'm only offering an opinion on that which is in front of us right now. When those events come out I will be happy to analyze them, extol the virtues of the good stuff, and offer constructive criticism of areas that I believe (as a consumer of the product) could be improved. Last I checked, that's what this Forum is for.

It might not be as good as the last event building, but 8FP's for 20 squares of space makes it worth building without anything else added.
The coins, happiness, goods, supplies and defence might not be things that I'd give up space in my live city for, but I'll quite happily take them as a bonus on top of the FP's.

DeletedUser10282

I think the 8FP is actually fair; it suffers very slightly to the comparable Abandoned Asylum (.4/sq vs .44/sq), but I wouldn't quibble over that minor of a difference. Agree absolutely with the effect though. This is why I think it should be changed to defense boost for attacking army. The marketing writes itself:

the 8 FP is fair, but it’s not good enough to work with my Blue Galaxy with what is already in my city and/or inventory. So it doesn’t make my cut.

It pains me to disagree with a attack brother like you and agree with hiep lin, but I must in this case. It‘s a huge reach to expect a Inno to include the attacking defense boost with 2 new buildings in the same event, it’s not going to happen. They will fix the dining car before they do that, and you and I both lost out on that one.

I was never in favor of adding a building that adds a defense boost to attacking army, I wanted that kept exclusively to the 4 GBs. But now that it is here, I will be getting my share of Sentinels.

Feanor II

Baronet
It pains me to disagree with a attack brother like you and agree with hiep lin, but I must in this case. It‘s a huge reach to expect a Inno to include the attacking defense boost with 2 new buildings in the same event, it’s not going to happen. They will fix the dining car before they do that, and you and I both lost out on that one.
I never claimed it was likely to happen. I realize it's an extreme longshot; I agree with you 100% on that. That doesn't mean it's not worth trying. As Michael Jordan was fond of saying, you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. I'd rather take the shot and miss than wonder about what could have been :)

I'd also point out that the overwhelming consensus of opinions on this thread (including yours, albeit for a different reason) is that the Olympic Treasury is significantly underwhelming. So let's offer ideas to make it worthwhile. To me, it seems incredibly defeatist to just say "well, it's no good, I won't build it, time to move on" without even offering rational solutions that would make it acceptable to you. I share your frustration with how badly they screwed us in the Winter Event, but that's over and done with-time to move on and deal with this Event. You yourself have claimed that the Olympic Treasury is not worthwhile. If that's the case, then the logical next question is "what would make it worthwhile?" Do they need to adjust the FPs; if so I would support the position with math against comparable Grand Prizes. Do they need to reduce the size (highly unlikely since they'd have to redo the artwork, but possible). I've already voiced my idea. Let's float as many ideas as possible (properly supported by analysis) and maybe we'll get lucky. That to me seems a better option than just saying "they don't even listen to us so why even bother", even if that is the normal outcome. If that's the attitude folks take I don't know what the point of posting on the Forum (beta in particular) even is. I understand that Inno has shown itself to be an incredibly dense company who don't believe it's worthwhile to listen to their paying customers. That doesn't mean we should stop trying. Maybe I'm just an eternal optimist...

If I may be permitted a 2nd pop culture reference in the same post, to quote Tommy Lee Jones in Volcano: "You don't like my plan? That's good. Give me another plan, but don't tell me we're backing out!”

DeletedUser10047

I understand that Inno has shown itself to be an incredibly dense company who don't believe it's worthwhile to listen to their paying customers.
That's quite a misunderstanding of the situation. Inno gets a lot more feedback from an event than just what gets posted on this forum. Things like how many people complete the event (and how many drop out), how many people build the event buildings, how many people shell out money to buy diamonds for the event, and so on. You may like to think that if they don't dance to your tune that they aren't listening, but they have more ears that are listening to the more important feedback they get.

Gab in Beta

Merchant
Does anyone know why the Olympic Treasury upgrade kit states that from level 9 to level 10 the population decreases back to level 1 ? Is that a text problem or the value is this for some reason ?

Feanor II

Baronet
That's quite a misunderstanding of the situation. Inno gets a lot more feedback from an event than just what gets posted on this forum. Things like how many people complete the event (and how many drop out), how many people build the event buildings, how many people shell out money to buy diamonds for the event, and so on. You may like to think that if they don't dance to your tune that they aren't listening, but they have more ears that are listening to the more important feedback they get.
Fair point-touché.

I stand by the rest of the statement though. If we accept that the vast majority of posted reactions to the Olympic Treasury have been negative (incontrovertibly true), and that my idea of having the boost apply to the attacking rather than defending army is not acceptable and/or not realistic, then I'd love to hear other ideas. I mean that sincerely, not being snarky. I've been wrong on many, many, many things in my life (if I ever doubt it, my wife keeps a list). I'll be wrong in the future. I'm probably wrong about some things right now. However, if Inno does indeed listen to Beta feedback, isn't it our responsibility to answer "What moves this event from 'it's not worth my time, and I certainly won't spend money on it!' to 'wow this is awesome and I have to have it!'" I don't see the point in all the folks expressing dismay over the Grand Prize if they're not willing to offer a constructive solution to make it something they WOULD want. Isn't that what this Forum is for?

DeletedUser10282

I never claimed it was likely to happen. I realize it's an extreme longshot; I agree with you 100% on that. That doesn't mean it's not worth trying. As Michael Jordan was fond of saying, you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. I'd rather take the shot and miss than wonder about what could have been :)

I'd also point out that the overwhelming consensus of opinions on this thread (including yours, albeit for a different reason) is that the Olympic Treasury is significantly underwhelming. So let's offer ideas to make it worthwhile. To me, it seems incredibly defeatist to just say "well, it's no good, I won't build it, time to move on" without even offering rational solutions that would make it acceptable to you. I share your frustration with how badly they screwed us in the Winter Event, but that's over and done with-time to move on and deal with this Event. You yourself have claimed that the Olympic Treasury is not worthwhile. If that's the case, then the logical next question is "what would make it worthwhile?" Do they need to adjust the FPs; if so I would support the position with math against comparable Grand Prizes. Do they need to reduce the size (highly unlikely since they'd have to redo the artwork, but possible). I've already voiced my idea. Let's float as many ideas as possible (properly supported by analysis) and maybe we'll get lucky. That to me seems a better option than just saying "they don't even listen to us so why even bother", even if that is the normal outcome. If that's the attitude folks take I don't know what the point of posting on the Forum (beta in particular) even is. I understand that Inno has shown itself to be an incredibly dense company who don't believe it's worthwhile to listen to their paying customers. That doesn't mean we should stop trying. Maybe I'm just an eternal optimist...

If I may be permitted a 2nd pop culture reference in the same post, to quote Tommy Lee Jones in Volcano: "You don't like my plan? That's good. Give me another plan, but don't tell me we're backing out!”

if we are going to use Tommy Lee Jones quotes, I prefer this one from the Fugitive “Well think me up a cup of coffee and a chocolate donut with some of those little sprinkles on top, will you? As long as you're thinking?

it is underwhelming because of recent comparable buildings, particularly the AA and the CN - a year ago people would be gushing over it. But each event we expect something more powerful. The one thing I like about this building is it gives more happyness than pop but that’s not enough for me to build it. I don’t see them adding an attack boost to it when you can get a Colossus in the same event, or the attack defensive boost because they are introducing the Sentinel in the same event.

So What’s left? The only thing that I can think to improve it is adding random units of your age. Or make it smaller.

Frankly I am drained after the dining car failure plus the recent unwanted changes to gbg attrition.

DeletedUser10047

Fair point-touché.

I stand by the rest of the statement though. If we accept that the vast majority of posted reactions to the Olympic Treasury have been negative (incontrovertibly true), and that my idea of having the boost apply to the attacking rather than defending army is not acceptable and/or not realistic, then I'd love to hear other ideas. I mean that sincerely, not being snarky. I've been wrong on many, many, many things in my life (if I ever doubt it, my wife keeps a list). I'll be wrong in the future. I'm probably wrong about some things right now. However, if Inno does indeed listen to Beta feedback, isn't it our responsibility to answer "What moves this event from 'it's not worth my time, and I certainly won't spend money on it!' to 'wow this is awesome and I have to have it!'" I don't see the point in all the folks expressing dismay over the Grand Prize if they're not willing to offer a constructive solution to make it something they WOULD want. Isn't that what this Forum is for?
I think it is absolutely essential to state opinions on the event and the event buildings. But when you say that the "vast majority" of the reactions have been negative, that not "incontrovertibly true". While there have been more posters saying negative things about the event in general, some of those posters have been somewhat neutral on the building itself. And some posters have actually said they are fine with the building the way it is. But more importantly, most people tend to only post when they have a gripe. Sure, there are the fanbois that just poke their noses in to say, "Great job, Inno, keep up the good work", but that isn't very useful feedback in and of itself.

From my perspective, the issue isn't that there are people who want to see changes in the event, but there seems to be a persistent mantra that "Inno never listens to us" and point to the lack of changes as proof of that. A lot of posters here were unhappy that Inno didn't make changes to the Winter event. But on the live worlds, I'm seeing a lot of people building the trains - with a lot of cars attached. (Not me, btw). Sometimes the changes that we want don't provide the overall game balance that Inno is trying to achieve.

DeletedUser9761

Looking at what is being offered for the final reward needs some change for me to build it. Like many people are stating I would like to have the boost increase for the defense of the attacking troops as well. The Sentinel Outpost I will be trying for but a bigger building with a substantial boost for the defense of the attacking troops would be a much better option. The other rewards would be fine if the boost were to change. The other rewards for the other buildings from the past are of no interest as I have the buildings at full levels already. Please consider this change as others have stated that the defense for the attacking troops need some additional help. Thank you.

Feanor II

Baronet
if we are going to use Tommy Lee Jones quotes, I prefer this one from the Fugitive “Well think me up a cup of coffee and a chocolate donut with some of those little sprinkles on top, will you? As long as you're thinking?

it is underwhelming because of recent comparable buildings, particularly the AA and the CN - a year ago people would be gushing over it. But each event we expect something more powerful. The one thing I like about this building is it gives more happyness than pop but that’s not enough for me to build it. I don’t see them adding an attack boost to it when you can get a Colossus in the same event, or the attack defensive boost because they are introducing the Sentinel in the same event.

So What’s left? The only thing that I can think to improve it is adding random units of your age. Or make it smaller.

Frankly I am drained after the dining car failure plus the recent unwanted changes to gbg attrition.
As I stated, I agree with you entirely that the odds of it actually being changed are very low. We're on the same team there. I'm just saying that when it comes to changing it I'll take very low odds over zero, and zero is what we get if we don't make the suggestions at all.

Last edited: