• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Forge Bowl 2020

DeletedUser10150

I like the idea of the coaches - but please make a note somewhere in the game that when buying the super coach with diamonds, it will only last for 24 hours...

The pricing was suspiciously low, but a note is required so the player knows what he buys...

I'm shocked at this oversight.... I just spent 150 diamonds for NOTHING. I am not ready to play the event yet, and there was NO TOOLTIP saying that the Super Coach only lasts 24 hours!! For shame! I want my diamonds back from that.....

DeletedUser10346

So no matter how much defense you get, you will always get plundered? How does that happen, can't one reach a point where and the attacking unit will do little to no damage vs the defending unit? This mechanic does not make much sense like that...
Regards

Gab in Beta

Merchant
@bonimir defending your city after a certain age is useless, no matter how much defence your defending army has, there will be always someone that can beat you. Defending your city in early ages is a key to avoid plunderers, but from a point and after, there is better use of space than building defences.
The best defending strategy is the tavern though, a bit expensive, but with many active friends and a fully developed tavern you can have no attacks forever.

DeletedUser10252

Hi, in the Forge Bowl Event,
I'd like to know if I buy the Ultimate Coach with diamonds, does he last for all the event or just for one day?

CrashBoom

Legend

jtrucker

Baronet
BUG REPORT - I don't know if it just me, but this happens only on beta (I play 3 servers in total) a only today and I have restarted the game and the whole browser repeatedly. So it might be connected with the new event-latest update...
When collected from ANY building, the little floating icon/tooltip floats just a little bit but then it does NOT disappear, but stays on the screen forever (or rather until you restart/reload the game. Multiple collections from that building (like after 5 min production) will just accumulate those icons.
My system info is on that picture as well..
Icons from motivation behave the same
Thanks

Last edited:

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
I agree entirely. Anyone who has played the game for a long time knows that def% boost of the defending army is largely useless. Boosting defense of attacking army on the other hand would help us in GBG, so there is a practical application there. Even if they decide to ratchet down the actual number of the boost% I'd be OK with that, just as long as the boost is on the attacking army instead of defending, because I have a use for that :)

Everyone knows boost for attacking army for GBG is as much a fool's errand as trying to stop the 1 plunderer a month from accessing your city.

But at least the new sentinel tower is finally a 1x1 better than a victory tower :p Marginally at least. It's a disappointing time to be getting perks for attacking armies though. I'm undecided on whether I'll try for any on live.

The new grand prize while not hitting it out of the park is nice enough. Good FP for the space, a different size, a decent sized good production for once you can leave it in a previous age.

That 150 gem coach... For the way events typically get played (save up and then go hard on a day you like the special) is a bargain. Though depending on balancing it might not be so important (is the 150 gem coach (plus any other gems you're willing to spend on footballs) enough to make 2 grand prizes? if not then +5% special chance is probably all you *need*)

jtrucker

Baronet
I have to agree with the outcry about the DEF bonus of the grand prize building.
4xLvl 2 of watchfire gives me more on the size of 4 squares. And there is more watchfires than I can ever fit in my city thanks to GE. So there is only one reason to build the new building = if I have 5x SoK, I can delete them and build this new building in that space, which will give me 3 more FPs for the same size needing only one motivation and as a bonus gives me a few goods and other stuff. The DEF will be completely ignored and I will do that only if I can lvl it to the max for free. It is definitely not worth spending money for.
BUT if it is changed so it gives the DEF for attacking army thus bridging the gap between ATT and DEF (that gap is significant. At this very moment I have ATT 213% and DEF only 91% in my attack force, the BG opponent has "only" 146% but for both ATT and DEF and I cannot beat him no matter how I tried - autobattles or manual, not happening) , I will definitely pay to have it maxed out if I can't get it for free and I will seriously consider to pay for second building. Since the mechanics now exists (see Sentinel tower) it is simple switch and it all depends on the marketing people now, if they agree with this assessment or not.
I seriously think, that having DEF applied to attacking armies will bring more $$ into Inno coffers than DEF for defending army.

Dudettas

Emperor
InnoGames
As always your feedback is collated and passed on. Please remember it's only day one of the Event.

Feanor II

Baronet
I wonder if anyone is listening to any of this?
If the Winter Event is any indication, then no. The moderators do pass along feedback but who knows what happens from there, obviously nothing happened with the Winter Event.

Maybe we'll get luckier this time around. I'm an eternal optimist :)
I will definitely pay to have it maxed out if I can't get it for free and I will seriously consider to pay for second building. Since the mechanics now exists (see Sentinel tower) it is simple switch and it all depends on the marketing people now, if they agree with this assessment or not.
I seriously think, that having DEF applied to attacking armies will bring more $$ into Inno coffers than DEF for defending army.
I think you're absolutely right. Also one of the key ideas in marketing (to my layman knowledge) is that when you have a "shiny new object" you sell as many of them as possible before the novelty wears off. The DEF% boost of the attacking army (outside of GBs) would certainly seem to qualify. So strike while the proverbial sales iron is hot.

Nessie

Baronet
I wonder if anyone is listening to any of this?

As already mentioned, it would be very nice to close the gap between attack/defense but this is not the politics of InnoGames so we will wait in vain - forever :(

Moderator note - edited to remove Inno bashing.

Last edited by a moderator: