• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Forge Bowl 2020

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
As already mentioned, it would be very nice to close the gap between attack/defense but this is not the politics of InnoGames so we will wait in vain - forever :(

They already did this event - that was the point. The sentinel tower (today's daily special) gives 2% defense to attacking army at level 1 (there's an upgrade available to level 2)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser10172

I don't understand what is wrong with the winter event!? The cars are fine, I'm already on a 23fp Charcoal train, so 46 fp with BG bonus... this is probably why Inno didn't change anything, because it saves a whole lot of space if placed well in the city. The cars include huge happiness too, something that this forum had been asking for, repeatedly.

So, please help me to understand how a building that provides 8FP for a 20 day event is not a good thing regardless of any additional bonus. Inno can't just cater for one type of player in every event and they have to try and keep the game balanced, the last event that provided a building with a defence boost was in the spring event and that was only one of three options.

I don't need a defence boost of any kind in my city, I never really have, but that doesn't mean every one is in the same boat. To change the boost would be pointless, one can now obtain a boost for any of the Attack and Defence variants separately, and those that want to, surely will. For players in the first four or five eras, Atk and Def boosts have limited benefit anyway, so keeping the FP reward high is important and switching the boost may come at a cost to the FP provided at Level 10.

Also what I always like to consider is that any boost to my city from event buildings can also be claimed by every other player, sort of nullifying it, except for those that are wanting to spend money, they are the ones who will get ahead, of course this is only right and proper, but given they will likely be very powerful anyway do we really think Inno should provide them with the opportunity to grow even stronger in just one event, rather than trying to pace it out.

Also the colossus is available again, good alternative to the this events main prize, just go for that when it comes up in the daily special. I don't think Inno needs to tempt players to spend money, a good Baker doesn't need to convince his customers his bread is delicious, because his bread is delicious, Inno have created a very good game and continually improve it. Having said that the FB event could have been so much better if only Inno had some experience of creating events and if only they planned ahead, real stinker, etc.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
a drop in the ocean...
So collect 100 drops and upgrade them if you want. And have your attacking army with more defense than attack quite possibly. (Note: I'm not actually suggesting this is worth doing; merely that if that's what you want, the option is there and % for %, more space efficient than attack for the attacking army)

DeletedUser10172

Personally I like that you can gradually improve your city in which ever direction you'd like, just keep focusing on it, what I wouldn't like is if there was just a quick fix that could be exploited. Rome wasn't built in a day and I hear that's why some of them there walls are still standing.

I'd love an extra 300% defence for my attacking army, but it wouldn't be fun if I got it all right now, I feel we should be celebrating the fact we can now close the gap even if just a little to begin with, rather than ask for more, get it, forget that we ever had it any differently, finding another thing to demand all the sooner, and on. Goose.

Personally I think there should be bonus if playing when the sun is out, there would be a boost to all buildings, but all the buildings get covered in bird droppings. The boost to the buildings would be that they grow very slightly taller, almost imperceptible, but you'd know they were very slightly taller, because of the big hot thing in the sky. But does Inno listen? No. Traitors, also they never made me breakfast in bed. Goose.

Nessie

Baronet
So collect 100 drops and upgrade them if you want. And have your attacking army with more defense than attack quite possibly. (Note: I'm not actually suggesting this is worth doing; merely that if that's what you want, the option is there and % for %, more space efficient than attack for the attacking army)
thanks for the joke, now I got something to laugh about the whole day :rolleyes:

jtrucker

Baronet
I wonder if anyone is listening to any of this?

If the Winter Event is any indication, then no. The moderators do pass along feedback but who knows what happens from there, obviously nothing happened with the Winter Event.

I distinctly remember that they did make significant change to either the summer event of the fall/apple event based on the feedback here. Sorry, forgot the details but I have to admit I was quite surprised (as were many others), but it did happen. So I think they really do read/listen to the feedback. Whether they implement any of it is entirely different question as there was no change in the Winter event for example. So all we can do now is wait and hope.
And of course if they do change it, it cannot happen right away. It does take time... We'll see next week or so...

jtrucker

Baronet
Also what I always like to consider is that any boost to my city from event buildings can also be claimed by every other player, sort of nullifying it, except for those that are wanting to spend money, they are the ones who will get ahead, of course this is only right and proper, but given they will likely be very powerful anyway do we really think Inno should provide them with the opportunity to grow even stronger in just one event, rather than trying to pace it out.

That depends on your playstyle. I absolutely do not care what other players do because I do not play against them. I never loot, if I have to do X number of fights for quest task, I use neighbors only if there is no GE nor BG available. And if anyone attacks me he always wins. Defending AI is so dumb that no matter the bonuses, attacker always wins if he has units from the same era and is willing to swallow some loses. I have yet to encounter any city defense I cannot breach if the defending units are not from higher era, and I am no fighter (I do attack stronger player for revenge, I still do not loot him/her out of principle. I just do it to prove a point that attacker always wins, so PvP in this game is IMO quite unfair).
So having ATT or DEF for attacking armies is important for me against NPCs - GE and BG and as I stated in the previous post it is quite significant to have such big gap between ATT and DEF for attacking army. It doesn't matter how much damage my units can deal if they die after first or second shot from the enemy.

Nessie

Baronet
I don't understand what is wrong with the winter event!? The cars are fine, I'm already on a 23fp Charcoal train, so 46 fp with BG bonus... this is probably why Inno didn't change anything, because it saves a whole lot of space if placed well in the city. The cars include huge happiness too, something that this forum had been asking for, repeatedly.

So, please help me to understand how a building that provides 8FP for a 20 day event is not a good thing regardless of any additional bonus. Inno can't just cater for one type of player in every event and they have to try and keep the game balanced, the last event that provided a building with a defence boost was in the spring event and that was only one of three options.

I don't need a defence boost of any kind in my city, I never really have, but that doesn't mean every one is in the same boat. To change the boost would be pointless, one can now obtain a boost for any of the Attack and Defence variants separately, and those that want to, surely will. For players in the first four or five eras, Atk and Def boosts have limited benefit anyway, so keeping the FP reward high is important and switching the boost may come at a cost to the FP provided at Level 10.

Also the colossus is available again, good alternative to the this events main prize, just go for that when it comes up in the daily special. I don't think Inno needs to tempt players to spend money, a good Baker doesn't need to convince his customers his bread is delicious, because his bread is delicious, Inno have created a very good game and continually improve it. Having said that the FB event could have been so much better if only Inno had some experience of creating events and if only they planned ahead, real stinker, etc.

@Debbie: you got a Babel lvl 7 and a Zeus lvl 11 but no doubt somewhere else you got all your GBs on lvl 141 :) We do need to close the big gap between attack/defense and it doesn't matter if every player can close the gap.

Feanor II

Baronet
Couple bugs. Not sure if these are just me.

#1. After scoring a touchdown, the player buttons become grayed-out, even if you have sufficient footballs. Refreshing resolves the problem
1576022105706.png
#2. After Quest 36, event screen is blank. Refreshing does not resolve this issue.
1576022170886.png

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
I'd guess your blank event screen is the usual wait for next quest pause, just missing the timer. you're 19 quests from the end with 19 days to go.

qaccy

Emperor
Anyone who's saying 'defense is pointless' either hasn't played in OF or VF or forgot about Mortar. Mortar basically nullifies Rogues, which makes city defense a lot more manageable. Of course things took a big step backwards once SAM hit and there was no new unit capable of mass-turning Rogues, but we also now have the Tactician's Tower which I think people have forgotten about. Now that defending units have the ability to hit harder instead of just taking less damage, I think over time city defense is actually going to be a consideration again rather than a foregone conclusion like it currently is in many cases.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Anyone who's saying 'defense is pointless' either hasn't played in OF or VF or forgot about Mortar. Mortar basically nullifies Rogues, which makes city defense a lot more manageable. Of course things took a big step backwards once SAM hit and there was no new unit capable of mass-turning Rogues, but we also now have the Tactician's Tower which I think people have forgotten about. Now that defending units have the ability to hit harder instead of just taking less damage, I think over time city defense is actually going to be a consideration again rather than a foregone conclusion like it currently is in many cases.

It seems unlikely to be much of a consideration apart from a neat side-project for those who enjoy seeing the rare attacker face-plant. Not because defense is impossible, but because noone much bothers in max ages with attacking (there's not much to steal, and the value/effort for that theft is pretty low (not just the fight, which is often easy because noone bothers with defense, but also finding the time when their stuff is available)). If there's more good event buildings that can be stolen, it might become a consideration again (I guess the train is a start if it can be - but I don't expect many people to be running your size of train ;))

UBERhelp1

Viceroy
Here wait, is that 150 diamond coach lasting for only one day or is that the cooldown that if you switch to another you can't switch back for that day? Either way, I'd say it could probably be worth it if you save up for one day.

I'd say give the Treasury a lower-than-current value defense boost for the attacking army; it definitely would be more wanted then. Other than that, I think the building is pretty well balanced in terms of goods and FP with other event buildings.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
The 150 diamond coach lasts for a day. After which you can spend another 150 diamonds on another day to get him back. There's also a 1 day cooldown after most coaches expire before you can use them again (though from their description, presumably that does not include the diamond coach)

Pafton

Viceroy
Yep, and in addition to @xivarmy's answer, it doesn't include the default coach too (the first one which gives 3% chance to double the rewards one won from every play).

CrashBoom

Legend
#2. After Quest 36, event screen is blank. Refreshing does not resolve this issue.
1576022170886.png
the "please wait for tomorrows" is missing

DeletedUser

4x5 with 30% of Def for Def is weak beyond believe in comparison to other event buildings we got lately.

But this new tower I will definitely go for - finally something new for attack, great job, Inno!