• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Forge Bowl 2019 - Balancing Changes

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

DeletedUser

And you are wrong about the percentage bracket -- higher diamond usage will make the situation worst
You don't say.
Guess what, that is exactly what I said.
People on beta are more likely to soend diamonds because they are mostly free.
You will presumably find a way lower percentage of people willing to spend diamonds on live.

DeletedUser

you can easy get diamonds on live for free :p

You will presumably find a way lower percentage of people willing to spend diamonds on live.
or is it higher ?

many players on beta don't care what they have because it is only beta
me for example: I didn't try to get it to level 10 because: doesn't matter. but I will for 100% get it to level 10 on my main world (no matter how many of my free diamonds I must use there)

so the desire to have it at max level could be much higher than on beta

so who has other speculations on the behavior of the people on live?
how about: on world 1 it will cost more diamonds than on world 7. people play longer there and are more advanced and want it more ?

maybe I check after the event is over on live on which world in my language you needed the most yards to reach bronze (can be done very easy: only opening the result on all worlds and write it down)

so keeping for the records:
you needed 782 yards on beta (20%)
but the expected value (after rebalance) is only 760 yards (25%)
so we can now compare who spend more: live or beta: if it is higher than 760 yard it was live

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

So, feedback is given over 14 pages. Why hassle with more rantings about unfinished buildings? We can't do anything more than wait and see.

If u wanna stop giving feedback then just do so, and by stopping your last comment " We can't do anything more" will be true for you.

DeletedUser

I assume Innogames actually knows the numbers of players participating in live events. And they also know how many people on live servers use diamonds in direct contrast to this beta server. Since the percentages for the leagues were changed I actually expect to get a full Colossus on live while playing very active.
maybe InnoGames set this 25% because they know that at this value the most diamonds are used

because shouldn't that be the goal of a company: maximizing the profit

so thinking the 25% would have the result in a free Colossus at level 10 while playing very active (that even doesn't make sense: playing once a day will result in the same amount of yards with the same strategy of chosing the players) is only an assumption

btw: I know I get a full Colossus because I am playing very active
but very active to me means: have enough free diamonds collected to use :D

DeletedUser

If u wanna stop giving feedback then just do so, and by stopping your last comment " We can't do anything more" will be true for you.
Na, you didn't get the point. :)
Inno reacted to the feedback two times now. The obviously read the comments here. Do you think reposting the same feedback over and over again will make them change the balancing a third time?

Na, you didn't get the point. :)
Inno reacted to the feedback two times now. The obviously read the comments here. Do you think reposting the same feedback over and over again will make them change the balancing a third time?

Changed twice? But it was not enough, as you can read here on the last pages. No chance to level 10.

EDIT: NormaJeane - 2019-01-07 - replaced the quote in German with the original one in English... o_O

DeletedUser

Na, you didn't get the point

So i missed the point, well as i see it your point was telling players what to post (or rather not to post) post what u like, but stop telling other people what they should or shouldnt post plz

Do you think reposting the same feedback over and over again will make them change the balancing a third time?

Did u miss a point here?? they changed it twice during beta, and they said they where changing it again before it goes live, that makes 3 changes in all, so yes. And why did they change it 3 times?

They changed it 3 times.... why?
coz one player said one thing?, or coz many players said the same thing?

Edit: And the third change is still ongoing and not set in stone yet

DeletedUser9410

They changed it 3 times.... why?
coz one player said one thing?, or coz many players said the same thing?

Good point, my guess is that maybe because in all my time playing iv Never seen so many players complain about the same thing so much ( myself included ) and even Inno took note of that.
Hopefully it will be better on live servers, though honestly, i doubt it.

DeletedUser

Of course they changed it because of the massive amount of feedback and the data they have. But for now they have no new data of players with the latest changes - why then change?

Don't get me wrong, please. Feedback is very valuable. But I don't think they will make more changes now if the same complaint is reposted again and again.

In fact we, as players, don't know how the event will come out on live. But all we can do is wait and hope, for now.

DeletedUser

the point here is (at least for me):
why does InnoGames want that only 25% the players have a complete Colossus ?

let's compare with the Winter Event:
in all my worlds I won one upgrade kit more than I needed without any diamonds
so I would say all players completing the event have the building maximized
and I think that is a result players find good: finishing event = building at max

in the Forge Bowl Event that is not the case

so why isn't finishing an event enough to get the building maximized ?

DeletedUser

and I think that is a result players find good: finishing event = building at max

so why isn't finishing an event enough to get the building maximized ?

I´ll take a guess on that:
The diamond race for getting the last upgrade has become a good income for Inno.
They are as both u and gooflab said earlier a company and they go for the money, and nothing wrong with that.

But when they do it this way it has a negative effect for players that spend diamonds and losse out, and non paying players will be unhappy too (and the non paying players are of great value to the game in many other ways) and some of the players that gets the last upgrade might not go for it at the next evet if its like this one, coz they most likely spend more than they planed :)

A better way would be giving players that do all quests full upgrades and maybe even one or two more, and at the same time they could have made 6-7 or 8 upgrades insted of 10, then diamond users would be more likely to go for one more statue, and at the same time they could have added 1 or 2 FP to the new set, that too would have made more players spending dia for the daily, and those players would then maybe come close to the second statue, and go for that,

The way inno has made this event they end up with unhappy players, insted of happy players that will stay longer in the game and spend more dia… but still just my guess.

Edit: Or they plan to sell upgrades for diamonds later.

DeletedUser

Of course they changed it because of the massive amount of feedback and the data they have. But for now they have no new data of players with the latest changes - why then change?

After the event ended they said they would change it before live, so i guess they have some data or feedback to go out from when they make that change ;-)

DeletedUser

After the event ended they said they would change it before live, so i guess they have some data or feedback to go out from when they make that change ;-)
Yes, of course.
But they have no data of gameplay from noe after the last change...

DeletedUser

But they have no data of gameplay from noe after the last change...

Right, but they are still making a change so whats your point??

1. Event starts, they get data and feedback, and make the first change from that.
2. Change 1 goes live on beta, then they get data and feedback, and make the second change from that.
3. Second change goes live on beta, they get date and feedback, the event ends, and from that data and from feedback (and rants) they make the third change that will go live.

Where in this is the data missing that u keep saying they dont have?

DeletedUser7454

I wonder how the brackets are set up. Does it apply to all players or the inactive players are also included. According DB there are over 750K players on the US server but only 200K are active. If all payers count in the league then the whole ratio is already skewed and that also might be why so many ended up in the amateur league.

upload_2019-1-5_17-24-39.png

DeletedUser

if all players count wouldn't that mean most active players will end in bronze ?

25% of (201k+566k) = 191k

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator

It wasn't the case on beta (where everybody for zero effort has free diamonds).

It might be the case on live (where yes there's free diamonds, but you have to work for em - multiple worlds with wishing wells or ~200 diamonds per week you finish GE4 vs 2k+ diamonds for free over this event for just having logged in within a week before they were issued).

Do you think over 25% of "active" players finished the winter event? (assuming active players in this definition is people who logged in and did at least one thing in the event and therefore need to be placed in a league if one existed). I doubt it personally.

I expect I won't need to spend diamonds on live to finish my colossus (though like you i have enough free diamonds that i'll spend whatever it takes to get my level 10 if i have to).

DeletedUser9643

I read somewhere as a reply to the soccer event last year, that only players are counted for the leagues, who did at least one activity for the event (e.g. finished one quest).

DeletedUser9410

I read somewhere as a reply to the soccer event last year, that only players are counted for the leagues, who did at least one activity for the event (e.g. finished one quest).

That makes sense, logically how could someone who takes no part in the event at all, count in the final statistics of the event?