• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Forge Bowl 2019 - Balancing Changes

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

DeletedUser7454

I understand that this is a testing server and thus I do not care if I get a fully upgraded building. But this with scaffolding is an eye soar :(.
And my experience with Inno is that they often roll out events and features even there are complaints. This time there is a unanimous agreement that the balancing did not work. It was the wrong rebalancing as all it was done increased the N of football that still kept the same ratio on the league. Putting and extra upgrade in silver league makes no sense what so ever.

DeletedUser9643

Still I don't understand the real reason to change the Bronze league from 20% to 25% ... except that Inno wants that more players will spend diamonds because they may think to reach Bronze league doing that. And still players spending diamonds may end up in the Amateur league.

As long as there is no upgrade Kit in the Amateur league 75% (previously 80%) of the players will have a grand prize under construction. And some of them even spent diamonds.

Is this what Inno wants to achieve? If not: Rework again.

It's not the issue with the value of the lower grand prize. It's the design of the grand prize (which [I repeat my opinion again] is also the worst since years).

DeletedUser9692

Dittos "Echoing many above comments"...

1) I didn't realize statues were needed until way too late.
2) The set is underwhelming.
3) I finished the whole event and still wound up with a level 9 Colossus. I would have needed to spend, if lucky, 2,000 diamonds to TRY to catch the moving target of Bronze in Beta. (Calc'd when I finished. I don't know the final yardage numbers, or what the diamond requirements would be to Guarantee a spot).
4) In "real" worlds, disappointed nothing in this event to upgrade last year's Pillar.
5) Please pull the Victory towers and Watchfires from the daily rewards. Whoever wants them have plenty from regular events; and for the rest it just sits in inventory. They are too common/limited use (being generous) to qualify as a "Daily Reward".

Queen Amaria

Steward
just remember Beta is here for things to go wrong, so get used to it :D

But why does Inno repeatedly make the same balancing mistakes? The whole thing was the same at Tholos and the soccer event . Why the same again?
Again, an unfinished ugly building in the city :confused:
Any student can calculate that this does not work if you have previously announced on mods of various forums, that a full building without diamonds should be possible?

DeletedUser8277

I don't think increasing the bronze league from 20 to 25% is anywhere near enough for players to get enough upgrades without diamonds.

Quick glance math tells me I missed bronze by more than 5% even after spending 700 diamonds. So I still would have spent diamonds and still been short 1 upgrade. Everyone who didn't spend diamonds would still be amateur and be short 2 upgrades. I don't see how this fix changes much of anything other than for a small handful who will still need to be spending diamonds and crossing their fingers at the end.

I know they listen to our feedback and not so much our suggestions but I would think putting another upgrade on the questline and adding an upgrade to amateur league would solve it. Considering the overwhelming amount of diamonds needed for a second full colossus I don't think lowering it by 2 upgrades would affect the whale spending much.

It's like what they said when they adjusted the FP for Teracotta but didn't reduce the levels down for the super FP spenders 'If they spent as much as they did, they would have spent it even if it were more' Well whales are still gonna whale even if they have to buy 2 less and if anything it might get more diamond spending to polish off a partial one if enough upgrades are given to ensure one for all who complete.

DeletedUser1418

And if upgrades are made available in the future and you get one, will you want the building back? Just curious ;)
Well, I still have the bridge upgrade in inventory... so lets see who is right. We didn't get upgrades for Tholos or the pillar (previous forgebowl(s)), so big chance that I will be right...

I'm also seeing a lot of "This is a test server" so tough luck.... This is not the way to treat customers. I warned you before ZD. If you don't have us - the beta testers - you would need a lot more support employees to sort problems on live servers, possibly damaging Inno's reputation and future. We can also buy diamonds on beta, so treat us as real "live" players.

And since it being test server.... how hard can it be to do right by the players giving their time to test your stuff? Just curious myself...

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser9768

Well, I still have the bridge upgrade in inventory... so lets see who is right. We didn't get upgrades for Tholos or the pillar (previous forgebowl(s)), so big chance that I will be right...

I'm also seeing a lot of "This is a test server" so tough luck.... This is not the way to treat customers. I warned you before ZD. If you don't have us - the beta testers - you would need a lot more support employees to sort problems on live servers, possibly damaging Inno's reputation and future. We can also buy diamonds on beta, so treat us as real "live" players.

And since it being test server.... how hard can it be to do right by the players giving their time to test your stuff? Just curious myself...

That's exactly the answer I'm looking for... we are free beta testers saving tons of resources from INNO and helping them perfecting the stuff to go live, and yet if we want to finish an event building we have to buy diamonds, maybe inno is targeting the US market with this forge bowl stuff trying to make an extra buck, but keep in mind that angry customers would de-populate your servers :)

RedRed

Viceroy
I don't think increasing the bronze league from 20 to 25% is anywhere near enough for players to get enough upgrades without diamonds.
It isn't, in fact. If the 9th upgrade is designed to be available only through leagues results, 20%, 25% or whatever is the percentage is exactly how many players will have the finished colossus, with or without diamonds. The way to have a finished colossus should be to reach them through the touchdown rewards (at least to have an high chance to reach it), then the bronze league should be a fallback for lazy or very unlucky players.

Last edited:

DeletedUser1418

100% sure that you must spend diamonds - even with 25% The 5% was good for only 20 yards...which does not make sense at all
Math issue: Silver: 887+ is not top 5%. It should be 1226+. Bronze: 968+ should be top 25% - not 760. 760 is 58.86% of 1291
The unfair factor in this event: Diamond buyers/users affects free players negatively
Will NOT endorse this event on live, will warn my guildies before start of event.

Personally, I don't like the league mechanics at all because it's very hard (some might even say: impossible) to plan the outcome of such a relative measure. On live servers, I will have to warn my guild members to not expect there planning to succeed (last year some were reeeeaally annoyed at the end .. )

On the other hand, I was lucky enough to get the last upgrade to #10 here on beta. First I thought it impossible (2k diamands for the big ball package is really expensive, particularly when comparing with the big star package in the winter event) and played for reaching #9: for me it's nice enough with the attack bonus for now, then planning the buy on black friday or similar specials.

But then I missed the last upgrade for #9 by a few yards (and being at the end of amateur). So bought the big ball package, spend it all, got #9 and was somewhere in the upper half of bronze (which started at around 710 at that time, mine is 791) . Which turned out to be just enough, even with the initial threshhold of bronze in the 78ees). Had I decided to just buy the missing balls to the last touchdown, I would not have made it to #10 - so there is some strategy in the amount of balls to buys :) Could have gone wrong though, still leaving black friday as fall-back option ..

BTW, while I never buy diamonds, neither here nor on live servers - they come richly from GE, wishing wells, events with random awards - for me spending diamonds is an integral part of the game, just one way to reach a goal at all or reach it quicker. F.i. for the "last upgrade" of buildings on 1, 2, 3 .. worlds, for additional tries in trading GE, for unit healing, for ending province exploration, for collecting the town harvest .. whatever. So when/if to spend is just a strategic decision.

My 2 cents :)

DeletedUser9557

If Inno only wants 20% of players to get a lvl10 thats their choice. I don't really like it, but a lvl9 is already a very good building. BUT don't make it look unfinished. It has never been like this in previous events, so why start now with scaffolding? At least make the last 3 or 4 levels look finished. Most people wouldn't complain about only getting a lvl9 if it wasn't visible unfinished.
On live it will probably be a lot easier to get bronze without dias than in beta (I got amateur).

DeletedUser9611

silly noobish question, what exactly does "DS" stand for?? I'm guessing it's 'daily something', just not literally 'something'... lol
Anyway, I'm getting lost on the first page of the thread and I'm just trying to keep everyone's points of view straight... thanks

Sinitar

Regent
silly noobish question, what exactly does "DS" stand for?? I'm guessing it's 'daily something', just not literally 'something'... lol
Anyway, I'm getting lost on the first page of the thread and I'm just trying to keep everyone's points of view straight... thanks
probably is Diamonts

DeletedUser

I assume Innogames actually knows the numbers of players participating in live events. And they also know how many people on live servers use diamonds in direct contrast to this beta server. Since the percentages for the leagues were changed I actually expect to get a full Colossus on live while playing very active.

So, feedback is given over 14 pages. Why hassle with more rantings about unfinished buildings? We can't do anything more than wait and see.

DeletedUser7454

I assume Innogames actually knows the numbers of players participating in live events. And they also know how many people on live servers use diamonds in direct contrast to this beta server. Since the percentages for the leagues were changed I actually expect to get a full Colossus on live while playing very active.

So, feedback is given over 14 pages. Why hassle with more rantings about unfinished buildings? We can't do anything more than wait and see.

because there is power in numbers -- and because -- yes it is beta but it will create a lot of unhappy players on live servers --- If they get 14 pages on beta how many pages they will get on the live servers ??? I am sure it is not something they want.
As a guild leader I am already dealing with a number of unhappy players over the Viking settlement and trying to explain that they should not be pressured over the time challenge and rage quit. IMO when we are testing the features it is not just about how these feature work but also how people react to them! Inno doesn't need to loose players over a silly upgrade IMO in this case.

And you are wrong about the percentage bracket -- higher diamond usage will make the situation worst and even less chance to get a fully upgraded colossus without diamonds.