• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Forge Bowl 2019 - Balancing Changes

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

Emberguard

Emperor
I read somewhere as a reply to the soccer event last year, that only players are counted for the leagues, who did at least one activity for the event (e.g. finished one quest).
Hmm. Will have to pay more attention then to my worlds to see if that's true. One world - no logging in during event. Another world - only log in but don't do quests or collect daily. Rest of worlds - do as normal

Did u miss a point here?? they changed it twice during beta, and they said they where changing it again before it goes live, that makes 3 changes in all, so yes. And why did they change it 3 times?
*ahem* it's only been changed once on Beta when we got more footballs to compensate based on percentage of event completed, increase of footballs from quests and the tiers added additional upgrades. That was all done in a single rebalance. The live changes are the second change.

In any case, they have stated changes have been made for live. Might as well wait to see whether there was anything more then merely bronze league changes. That announcement was important to Beta users because you could see it in Beta - so if they said nothing you can bet there'd be tickets to support or on the forum. Beyond that it doesn't really matter whether they tell us specifics in changes before it hits Live as it doesn't effect us. We'll see the changes when they're in front of us and if they don't give specifics it allows last minute tweaks

so keeping for the records:
you needed 782 yards on beta (20%)
but the expected value (after rebalance) is only 760 yards (25%)
so we can now compare who spend more: live or beta: if it is higher than 760 yard it was live
Picture record of rebalanced numbers for your records on all of the leagues
upload_2019-1-7_0-35-37.png
upload_2019-1-7_0-36-41.png
upload_2019-1-7_0-37-6.png

DeletedUser

*ahem* it's only been changed once on Beta

The league % changed too after the event ended, and they got feedback from that, and they got new data on how many made the bronze league, so 2 changes on beta.

DeletedUser9410

The league % changed too after the event ended, and they got feedback from that, and they got new data on how many made the bronze league, so 2 changes on beta.
Negative on that.
They announced that there would be a % change from 20% to 25% for bronze on LIVE server
We got NO % change.

DeletedUser9410

Where's this second change of %? I've only seen that once
https://forum.beta.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/some-thoughts-about-this.60/#post-74210

^ link contains screenshot was before the event ended - if you compare that to the image in my post in this thread which is from the current post event percentages they're the same except Bronze which is now 25%

Where's the second change?

You are correct Emberguard , they showed how the new league layout would be for the live server.
It didn't affect us.

Emberguard

Emperor
Yeah, that's still only 1 change for Beta not 2. That second link is a change for the live version, it was simply added to the code which is why we see it on Beta cosmetically. Beta is always at least one version ahead of live - at the moment 3 versions ahead

DeletedUser9410

Thats correct, the 1st link was the re-balance on beta.
The 2nd link is the notification saying that it will be re-balanced on live server.
and that the change was done on beta but AFTER the event ended, so it was not a change on beta that affected us directly., it was just a reflection of the change that would be made on live.

Zarok Dai said
This change was done based on your recent feedback, and it will affect the event when it is released to the live servers. However, as the change was done after the event ended here on Beta, it will not change the leagues you were already rewarded for.
This means that some of you that finished in the top of the amateur league, and were rewarded for it, may now see in the system league reward message that you are now suddenly in the bronze league. Mathematically this is correct based on the change, but it does not mean you were in the Bronze League when the event ended here. It is only reflecting the change that will go to the live servers.
To simplify, if you were rewarded for the Amateur League when the event ended here on Beta, and now you see you are in the Bronze League in the system message, it is not a bug, it does not mean you received the wrong reward, and it does not mean you will now also be receiving the Bronze League reward.

So effectively they have only made 2 changes, 1 that worked on beta and the 2nd which will be on live.

DeletedUser

Within that post
"now you see you are in the Bronze League in the system message"

So yes a change was made here on beta, it did however not change your reward.

Or would you state that this change didnt happen on beta coz it didnt effeckt the rewards.
I´ll bet u 1FP that the change is within the files of the beta server, a change is a change no matter how little or big the effect is

Emberguard

Emperor
It's the exact same change and it's there because it's intended for the live servers - not an additional change. Beta uses a future version of the game so it's only natural we see it in the coding on a cosmetic level given the event already ended (currently 1.144 while live is 1.141).

Counting that as a additional change would also count it as additional 24 changes once it hits live because that's the number of non-beta worlds and all of them update at different times from each other bringing the total upto 26 "updates" instead of the 2 actual updates

DeletedUser

It's the exact same change and it's there because it's intended for the live servers

You use both change and update in your wording

Changes are made on beta, those changes are then updated to the live servers.
And u cant "change" or make "changes" to an event on live that aint there in the first place, so its in no way a change on live at most an update of the code from beta.

Edit: And even if a change is called for when it goes live, that change will most likely be made on beta even if the event is finished there, and then there will be an "update" to live

Last edited by a moderator:

Emberguard

Emperor
Yes but this line of discussion started because you said there's 3 updates to the event. There's not. There's only 2 in total regardless of whether we say the second is beta, live or both. There's no flux of editing a third rebalance as you said there is because any changes would still be apart of the second rebalance.

Last edited:

Thunderdome

Emperor
I might not keep up with the news these days, but I only counted 2 changes (due to my busy-ness with work and real life) that happened for this event:

• First (in my mind) happened when they did a rebalance with beta and gave out some footballs in the process. This was the one where they "promise" that everyone would be able to get a level 10 colossus without spending any diamonds whatsoever.

• Second would be with the adjustment of league percentages intended for the live servers that got everyone in an uproar.

Frankly, I feel for those that were shafted in this event. I am not going to sit here and laugh at people that didn't spend for diamonds because that is not my style or place in doing so. However, if folks were promised something then that promise shall be delivered because that would be the right thing to do. If folks gave it their all to gather and give feedback, then Inno should have acted on that feedback and come up with a possible fix before the event had ended. Also, unless I had mis-read it, I had assumed that an upgrade would be included in the lower brackets as well, which I did not see. Everyone, free players and spending players alike, got shafted in the end.

Even though Inno adjusted the % after the event (for live servers), the damage was already done. I haven't been to any world on the live servers (due to my schedule), I am sure others had already announce to their friends and guildies to stay clear from this event as a result.

Emberguard

Emperor
Also, unless I had mis-read it, I had assumed that an upgrade would be included in the lower brackets as well, which I did not see. Everyone, free players and spending players alike, got shafted in the end.
In previous events there would be a single upgrade included in the Silver and Gold leagues only

The first rebalancing added a upgrade from Bronze league up. This meant Bronze got an upgrade it otherwise wouldn't of had and Silver/Gold still got one more upgrade then the rest of the brackets

I agree no one should laugh at those that didn't make it in Beta. However being Beta it's only meant to be a test on how well balanced the event and other features are so adequate changes can be made to live updates. There is meant to be room for error on Beta as long as there's enough time for changes in live. Until it's released on live we won't know if anything other then the % was in the same rebalance. Certainly Inno should have the stats from previous events to know what percentage of players that start the event actually bother with completing the majority of the questline. Diamond farms and side worlds would skew this statistic in favour of main world players as not every diamond farm will bother past the first checkmark (easy FPs!) and unless you've got a lot of free time there's a limit on how many side worlds are viable to complete

Last edited:

DeletedUser

Yes but this line of discussion started because you said there's 3 updates to the event. There's not. There's only 2 in total regardless of whether we say the second is beta, live or both. There's no flux of editing a third rebalance as you said there is because any changes would still be apart of the second rebalance.

First u waste time saying there was only one change, now u change your statement :)

I said
they changed it twice during beta, and they said they where changing it again before it goes live, that makes 3 changes in all

Zorak said
We said we balanced the event again so that it shouldn't need diamonds to complete during Beta testing. As that was not the actual reality for most, including myself, then it needs to be looked at further before live release, and it is.

So the "flux" of the third change or more changes would be these lines

"We said we balanced the event again so that it shouldn't need diamonds to complete"

This was not happening in change 1 or 2, so if what Zorak say´s here is true then more changing will come.

And

"it needs to be looked at further before live release and it is"

Emberguard

Emperor
You quoted Zarok from BEFORE the re-balancing of increasing to 25% that's to take effect for the live servers was even announced anywhere. Look at the post. Wednesday. Rebalance for live announced Thursday.

That's still only two changes total that has occurred or is stated to occur - which is what I've said from beginning to end.

Last edited:

Emberguard

Emperor
If you're going to randomly take quotes why don't you put your own that it was replying to plus the other 98% of the sentence you cut out of my posts? You just cut out all context so it suits your own narrative and has an entirely different meaning from what I even said. The "only one" was referring exclusively to the % being one and everything else being in the first rebalancing.

But yeah, we can stop this line of discussion now

Last edited:

Thunderdome

Emperor
In previous events there would be a single upgrade included in the Silver and Gold leagues only
I haven't done previous events (other than coming near the end of the Winter event), so I really can't say very much on what the prizes were in those times.