• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Forge Bowl 2019 - Balancing Changes

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

DeletedUser

As I stated in the announcement the change is for the live servers and doesn't change anything here. It is important to remember, especially with balancing changes, that Beta is here to expose balancing issues so they can be changed for live release. It does not mean we can always make these changes while the content is still running on Beta.
I doubt that this change will change the fact that players must spend diamonds to reach bronze league to get a complete Colossus

FrejaSP

Viceroy
As long it is fixed on live servers, I'm all fine. This is Beta, a test server and I accept, that things not always works perfect here, that's why we are here.
We proved, that it is still not balanced, so all can have a complete Colossus if they finish the quests.
I hope next fix will be a success on live servers as unhappy customers are bad :)
An unhappy Beta server is crazy enough. :D

DeletedUser9410

If its the top 25% then in my opinion all it means is 5% more people Might make bronze, ( with or without spending diamonds will be another issue, as almost all of us spent at least around 1k and could not make it.)
Im willing to accept that we might have these things happen to us here, as that is the nature of this server, we might hope that we will end up with everything but fall short at the end.

Hopefully they have changed it correctly and that the odds have improved when it goes live.
I do feel this league percentage system should be reviewed and perhaps a different system implemented, as someone mentioned before, you can go to sleep, or work etc well in the points, come back, find the event is over and you are out because others jumped onboard at the last minute.

One hopes that they will make it possible for the level 10 upgrade or find a way to remove the scaffolding in the future.

Thank you for the feedback ZD, for my part the event is over, so now to move on and wait for the next one.
RUM.jpg

jovada

Regent
There are far more variables involved with the bowl event and leagues than the one variable of how much progress a player had in the settlement when we completed it for everyone.

Different story, it was possible to finish the settlement with the max reward without diamonds, I did so everybody could with plenty of remaining time

Not everybody is able to collect production every 4 hours and a lot of players use some diamonds to advance a tech to be sure to collect all 9 fragments instead of 3 or 1.
And far more variables or not, the fact is that those players used diamonds for nothing that was my statement.
I know it 's a big difference with the forge bowl event , was just pointing to the fact that it may not seem fair to everyone :)

Andi47

Overlord
Zarok Dai said:
As some of you may have already noticed in the system generated league reward message in the game, with today's daily update the Bronze League was changed from the top 20% of players to the top 25%, based on your feedback.

Well... a few hours before the end of the event I bought 1200 Footballs for diamonds - that is approximately 83 Yards, when you select the plays according to optimum yardage - what I did.

So, let's see:
ForgeBowl_2019_Beta_End_Table.jpg

Subtract the 83 yards bought for diamonds - would be STILL 12 yards short.

@InnoGames Are you doing the maths??? It is STILL not possible to get a level 10 colossus without diamonds!!!

Snazzle

Merchant
I accept the fact that this is the test server and upon scrutiny changes will be made for the forge bowl event when made live to the real servers , great and so they should considering i will have to spend diamonds to get a lvl 10 colossus
But what that does is leave a bad taste in the mouths of us test players whom now have lvl 9 colossus buildings , even after sending over 2000 diamonds .
Even by your own admission admit that the league tables are unjust and will be changed , But we will not benefit from that change , leaves me feeling cheated out of completion of the forge bowl event .
If you are going to change it for the real servers then the least you could have done is change it for us the test server as well and given us are true awards , or do we not matter , just viable expendable commodities are we !
What an insult , sorry but that is the fact , evidently we matter not

DeletedUser

@InnoGames Are you doing the maths??? It is STILL not possible to get a level 10 colossus without diamonds!!!

They are doing the math, but in their own way, they give a few more players the last upgrade, and then they have fewer complains.

They maintain the diamond race for staying within the league, so the math is, they still make players compete with diamonds for the same thing as before, only change is that a handful more players get the last upgrade.
Scam as i see it

DeletedUser

just pointing to the fact that it may not seem fair to everyone :)

I understand how everyone feels about how this event worked out, but I want to make a couple of points myself.
First and foremost, I want to remind everyone that Beta is not a 'play' server, or what I often refer to as 'live' servers.
We are the only public test server for this game, and as a test server our entire purpose is to find bugs and balancing issues and address them before release to the live servers. We never have been able to guarantee the continuity of game play here on Beta, nor have we ever promised that issues found would be fixed on Beta within the testing period of the content, or in this case the length of the event.
Also when it comes to balancing changes, we have never guaranteed that an implemented change would affect Beta players retroactively. Sometimes it is just not possible, or feasible within given time frames.
I also am aware that many do not like the graphics of the unfinished Colossus, but in all fairness, if you want the boosts, the level 9 is still a building of value.
Anyway, I appreciate all of your feedback, just remember Beta is here for things to go wrong, so get used to it :D

Thanks all,

Z.D.

Snazzle

Merchant
Oh Zarok , that is a lame reply lol .
Basically we the players can go frak ourselves cos inno cannot be bothered to go thru whom should get a bronze award after the adjustment/change to the league table .
To much effort , and frak all to do with we just cannot do it .
As stated test server players matter not , so take the boot in the face and enjoy it lol
But we still want you to buy diamonds here with real cash ,same as the other servers But do not expect to be treated with the same Respect as the live/real servers , ;p
What a bad and disrespectful attitude to have towards your customers .

hddk

Steward
I had 731 yards without diamonds. And after changes Bronze League starts from 760? LOL...

If I count correct, it was 10,600 balls, dividing by 760 yards it's 13,94 balls per yard. IMO it's impossible to attain such an average if almost all players cost over 14,20 balls per yard. I had 14,45 without diamonds and 14,38 with 1,400 diamonds spent.

2 packs of diamonds gave me 60 yards. So after changes I would have to buy anyway, but 1 pack, not 2. Thank you, Inno, for your kindness :p

Last edited:

DeletedUser

I have used Diamonds to be safe in Bronze league to get the last level, and nothing, when I came back to the game after 3 hrs, I was awarded as amateur ...
This type of Events are useless, just boring peoples and make them spending alot of Diamonds to get something important from this „leagues” ...
We understand it s just beta, and everything it s changing in few finger clicks for testing.

DeletedUser9410

I also am aware that many do not like the graphics of the unfinished Colossus, but in all fairness, if you want the boosts, the level 9 is still a building of value.

I agree, but, do you know if they Are they going to change the appearance of it for live servers. ?
Or will most people end up with the same unfinished looking thing.

DeletedUser1418

So you want your 1k diamonds back and an upgrade ... those that spent 2k diamonds to stay in bronze league will have a loss of 1k and a useless upgrade, those that spent 3k to get the grand prize upgrade to be sure and not rely on league will have a loss of 2k and another useless upgrade.
I've spend 2100, so I will be at loss 1.1 K + a useless upgrade which i will delete eventually during a spring clean...

jovada

Regent
And if upgrades are made available in the future and you get one, will you want the building back? Just curious ;)

What is the future ???? a chance in two or three weeks to have an upgrade or in two or three months or years ?? :p

In the "future" there are maybe other (better) buildings so we want the profit now from the actual buildings not in a later future :p

DeletedUser9768

I understand how everyone feels about how this event worked out, but I want to make a couple of points myself.
First and foremost, I want to remind everyone that Beta is not a 'play' server, or what I often refer to as 'live' servers.
We are the only public test server for this game, and as a test server our entire purpose is to find bugs and balancing issues and address them before release to the live servers. We never have been able to guarantee the continuity of game play here on Beta, nor have we ever promised that issues found would be fixed on Beta within the testing period of the content, or in this case the length of the event.
Also when it comes to balancing changes, we have never guaranteed that an implemented change would affect Beta players retroactively. Sometimes it is just not possible, or feasible within given time frames.
Anyway, I appreciate all of your feedback, just remember Beta is here for things to go wrong, so get used to it :D

Thanks all,

Z.D.

Perhaps you should remove the possibility to buy Diamonds then? Because it work just like a "live server".....

That's exactly what I do wanna understand, is this a beta server so WHY the possibility to buy diamonds here? If this is for testing, INNO should gave away more diamonds here and cut off the possibility to buy diamonds... We are already "free testers"

DeletedUser

And if upgrades are made available in the future and you get one, will you want the building back? Just curious ;)

Wouldnt that be the same thing as the problem here? if that upgrade comes up later it wount be free, it will still cost diamonds.