• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Forge Bowl 2018

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

DeletedUser8341

I'm still trying to catch up, playing on the app. (hint Inno: it takes more diamonds to catch up because you don't release on tne app until late, without extending the end date for app).

There is a requirement to build a workshop building. On the wiki, the only returns are for Santa's Workshop or Machine Workshop.

Is this one of those and did I miss something to not be able to build one?

DeletedUser5160

I'm still trying to catch up, playing on the app. (hint Inno: it takes more diamonds to catch up because you don't release on tne app until late, without extending the end date for app).

There is a requirement to build a workshop building. On the wiki, the only returns are for Santa's Workshop or Machine Workshop.

Is this one of those and did I miss something to not be able to build one?

I think it was a typo and they meant supply production?

DeletedUser8341

It is asking for a production building.
Thank you, @Nodge and @Zarok Dai. Is this recorded as a bug? If "workshop" is to be used as a synonym, it should be clear from at least the wiki and preferably also on a question-mark tip. Better yet, stick with terms that are already established.

DeletedUser8518

I would say this event is a mockery because it looks nothing like American Football and the prize odds are downright atrocious such that it doesn't even compare to odds from the Summer and Fall Event.

But before I get flamed by the Inno lovers, I will say the Pillar of Heroes is a nice addition and has good payouts at later levels. I still think the event overall is a disaster, but without the pillar it would easily be one of Inno's worst events.

clebert

Merchant
I would say this event is a mockery because it looks nothing like American Football and the prize odds are downright atrocious such that it doesn't even compare to odds from the Summer and Fall Event.

But before I get flamed by the Inno lovers, I will say the Pillar of Heroes is a nice addition and has good payouts at later levels. I still think the event overall is a disaster, but without the pillar it would easily be one of Inno's worst events.
The problem is get the Pillar updates. I felt like betrayed , before was easy reach the touchdown, then in
the middle of the event was changed, maximum 9 yards with maximum balls. Yesterday i spend almost
1,000 balls (and diamonds) to reach the touchdown..

DeletedUser

Thank you, @Nodge and @Zarok Dai. Is this recorded as a bug? If "workshop" is to be used as a synonym, it should be clear from at least the wiki and preferably also on a question-mark tip. Better yet, stick with terms that are already established.
It is reported to be changed.

Looks like a simple mistyping, because 'workshop' is used internally for the production buildings since industrial era.
You can see that by reading the URLs for the images in the wiki.

DeletedUser5160

How do you know they are negotiating?
That absolutely makes no sense. Later in the AF and OF sectors, Promethium and Orichalcum respectively are needed for negotiation.

The situation is someone is further in the continent map than they are in tech. Anyone can trade the normal and refined goods, but terminal goods cannot. With mandatory negotiation, the player has no chance to negotiate without spending 20 * Terminal_Goods needed.

This is a big problem with mandatory negotiations in event quests.

DeletedUser5160

@Nodge
There's a pretty easy way to produce Orichalcum. Advance to OF.

It's part of the game to advance in the eras. You chose not to advance - so please don't complain if you can't solve a quest.

I will complain because the game is forcing people to progress instead of letting them play at their own pace. We progress by moving forward into the continent map, but cannot do any negotiating since we don't have the goods. What is the point of having fun in a game if you cannot be included?

ALSO What if you are about 10-15 tech out and have a event quest mandating you to negotiate a sector that requires orichalcum? if the devs understood their game, they'd consider the play styles of their playerbase.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser8341

This notion of always forcing people forward in eras is baffling to me.
I think if I went full-pelt like Inno seem to want people to do (again) then I would possibly finish with this game in a few months - not because I would necessarily be at OF but because I would be bored stiff always struggling with having insuficient goods, never having time to build up levels of my GBs and never having the time to enjoy the units, buildings and interactions possible in a specific age.

I joined at a time when Inno had stopped forcing people forward. I was lucky in that I could develop my cities at a pace that suited them, building and levelling GBs to a suitable level, and collecting enough goods before moving on. I was still going through a level every few months but in an organised manner within a strategic plan.

If I can't go back to enjoying the game like that, I'll be off to find one that I can.

How does it help inno, forcing people to advance in eras all the time? Surely, the faster we get to the 'end', the sooner we are likely to pack in .. if we have 't done so out of boredom with the treadmill in the meantime. Already, I have closed one world and I while I still visit beta to play a little, I don't take part in testing any more. I'm thinking of closing another world but I suspect if I do that, I'll just pack up.

clebert

Merchant
@Nodge
There's a pretty easy way to produce Orichalcum. Advance to OF.

It's part of the game to advance in the eras. You chose not to advance - so please don't complain if you can't solve a quest.
Pretty easy ? i don't think so , when you need destroy your city to build black smith to solve stupid
quests as 50 times 1 hour , or spend DAILY 150 goods from arctic and 150 Oceanic for send the submarine.
I did collect the required 2,690 orichalcum for all Oceanic 5 techs ,but now to reach quests like " acquire sectors
without fighting "need produce more... in that case will not have to unlock techs....No Sir, is not easy.

clebert

Merchant
I think if I went full-pelt like Inno seem to want people to do (again) then I would possibly finish with this game in a few months - not because I would necessarily be at OF but because I would be bored stiff always struggling with having insuficient goods, never having time to build up levels of my GBs and never having the time to enjoy the units, buildings and interactions possible in a specific age.

I joined at a time when Inno had stopped forcing people forward. I was lucky in that I could develop my cities at a pace that suited them, building and levelling GBs to a suitable level, and collecting enough goods before moving on. I was still going through a level every few months but in an organised manner within a strategic plan.

If I can't go back to enjoying the game like that, I'll be off to find one that I can.

How does it help inno, forcing people to advance in eras all the time? Surely, the faster we get to the 'end', the sooner we are likely to pack in .. if we have 't done so out of boredom with the treadmill in the meantime. Already, I have closed one world and I while I still visit beta to play a little, I don't take part in testing any more. I'm thinking of closing another world but I suspect if I do that, I'll just pack up.
Yes Prinza, agree. I think was Cecilia said other day her friends are leaving FoE , mine too , after 4 years !
Time to Inno find another way to sell diamonds instead events one behind the other enforcing
players going to age up ? i am in 9 worlds, due to events, i have no goods or armies to face the
provinces age up than mine .My solution? i just will not play events anymore. Thinking about close
some worlds too , but i c an not, i am the founder, fell pit , don't want leave those poor souls on
Inno hands.

DeletedUser6908

Very slow paced Event. After picking a couple of coolers/bottles early on (when I didn't really know what was going on) I've been saving footballs and waiting for the Upgrade to be the daily prize. Now I'm 14 yards from my 3rd touchdown and will end up with a fully upgraded Pillar at the end of the Event. It's a nice reward and I'm happy with it but this Event doesn't really reach out and make you want to spend a ton of footballs. I got an Arena & a Plaza while going for the upgrades plus some incidental stuff. Will definitely play it on all my worlds on live with the same strategy.

DeletedUser8755

My biggest complaint is the gathering of footballs as well: now it takes 2-3 days to go the yardage needed for a TD unless you spend diamonds. The Pillar is an excellent building, but I have gotten nothing else of worth so far in this event.

DeletedUser5160

I'm with you there. Starting to look for researching age type games where I can advance with my own pace. I don't care if I get destroyed by people more technologically advanced than me, I just don't want to feel pressured into playing events anymore that give useless achievements or a subset of in game currency that expires at the end of an event.

Inno has overplayed their hands in urging the players to spend money on a stalling game. ( 1 year later and not even a hint at the next age after OF? )

DeletedUser8277

You've said variations on that throughout the year... If the decision-makers need several months to implement alternatives then you might as well not say anything as it really does appear that Inno are shining us on.

Not to try to call you out specifically there Lady Bulgar but I think were well into shooting the messenger territory here. If @Zarok Dai didn't say anything we'd be down her throat for ignoring us. She really is between a rock and a hard place, all she can do is pass up our frustrations about required advancement.

I think it would be wise for all of us to remember this is inno's game, they call the shots and if they want to keep frustrating players it is on them not her. Zarok is a great community manager and if you use the other language forums you see how lucky we are to have her.