• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Forge Bowl 2018

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

DeletedUser7059

So no chance to get more than 1 pillar of heroes I suppose? :(

BTW: About what is this "football"? It deffinitely doesn´t looks like football i know..
And how is it connetet to antic greece architecture style?(athlete living etc.) I think that is not an olympic game and its deffinetly not nation game of greece... so, where is connection?

DeletedUser7107

The odds on getting the daily prize are ridiculously low. After doing approximately 70 plays I won a total of one. You did raise the odds, slightly, but still too small. and you raised the price of the plays.
The winter event was a total failure and was the only event on which I spent zero dollars since I started playing. Now it appears I will not be spending money yet again when this hits the live servers. In the past my spending on the events has been in the 500-600 dollar range. Winter event was 0 and this event will be 0
The spring event with the cherry sets was great. The summer event and the palace sets were also great. They were both worth spending money on and I was happy doing it as I got great value for my money. I was so looking forward to the winter event so I could further enhance my city, only to be greatly disappointed. FOE is a for-profit enterprise, which is fine, but people only spend money when you offer something they want. You are not doing a good job of it

DeletedUser5160

@Zarok Dai we are going to keep bringing up the alternatives until something is done about it. The events will have less participation from beta as well as Live. Something needs to give. :/

DeletedUser

The events will have less participation from beta as well as Live

That is of course your choice, but the less testing we get done here on Beta, the more that can go wrong on live release.
As to quest alternatives I will continue to bring it up I assure you, but it may not change the quests for this specific event this year, but I will do my best. Anything is possible :)

DeletedUser8277

The numbers of yards on the arrows is a very large improvement towards making sense of the game. Adding in an upgrade as a possible daily prize should also help with it being impossible to get a fully upgraded tower without diamonds. Though going from impossible to incredibly difficult isn't that much better. Adding in the daily prize to all chests, even at a small percentage is much better than what felt like the 'lie' of being told you can win something and you could not.

I am still confused at the arbitrary change of chest prices. Why is there a need to change to different chests with different costs now that the main prize is in all? It makes it much harder to strategize.

Again though I'm not up to it the issue of required progression. I understand they are no longer providing alternatives for all of these but I wonder just how many people need to stop participating in the events for it to make a difference. I think the last event I finished on live was Halloween, and that was the first one in some time as well. I don't wish to mess up my entire game for a new trinket. Of course that's my choice but if their goal is to make money during events putting up road blocks to playing them isn't helping them or us.

Overall I was quite glad to see the changes that were made, all of which in the right direction. I had thought with the Halloween discussion events were too far gone to be changed much from beta to live but great to see they were able to make some very needed adjustments here.

DeletedUser5160

That is of course your choice, but the less testing we get done here on Beta, the more that can go wrong on live release.
As to quest alternatives I will continue to bring it up I assure you, but it may not change the quests for this specific event this year, but I will do my best. Anything is possible :)
Which is counterproductive to what the Beta participation thread is about. We are getting apathetic because beta does not reflect the initial user testing.

My answer from a while back was never answered on how someone who is too far in the continent map can negotiate if they don't have goods since they are 1+ ages ahead?

The diamond costs are 20 per terminal good, 10 per refined, and 5 per base good if I remember correctly.

The diamond costs can wind up in the thousands for just 1 sector. Final rewards are not worth 6k+

DeletedUser4176

Stacking in questline.
Last quest was negotiating sectors, so I took my goods to do so.
Next quest: Research a technology or donate 500 goods of the actual or the era below to the guilds treasure.
I actually have 293 goods of both eras and I need about 162 pearls and 199 corals to research next technology.
Producing 20 a day and perhaps finding 2 or 3 of them in motivating per day it lasts about 9 days to go on.
Sorry, the questline will end before I can test the last 11 quests.

DeletedUser

My answer from a while back was never answered on how someone who is too far in the continent map can negotiate if they don't have goods since they are 1+ ages ahead?

A helpful guild or friend perhaps? FP's for goods swaps? Players can always gain goods above their age, it just takes some work.

DeletedUser4381

I would assume that Inno don't actually care about issues on live, otherwise the feedback from Beta would be taken far more seriously. When our "testing" throws up issues such as impossibly low odds (which get "upgraded" to merely being incredibly low) - plus the guaranteed request for alternatives to map-quests - there's no incentive to carry on. Personally I'll be advising all guilds I'm a part of to ignore the event on live due to the low odds of winning the rotating event buildings - two of which are actually nice.

This isn't the first time the issues have been raised; for example, the map alternatives have been brought to the attention of Inno time and time again and just never seem to get consistently implemented. With the daily challenges they are even more important, especially given the length of some events. (I've had to conquer three entire provinces in order to maintain a push for the daily challenges as well as the event. I'm very lucky that I realised this kind of situation was coming, and completely stopped advancing on the map by choice near the start of the year - which is a gameplay choice that highlights just how bad things are.)

You've said variations on that throughout the year... If the decision-makers need several months to implement alternatives then you might as well not say anything as it really does appear that Inno are shining us on. I can understand that changing an "in progress" event requires effort, but the ability to have alternatives in quests has been there for ages and (given how long it has been since alternatives were requested) the people designing the list of event quests should be putting alternatives in at that initial point, not waiting until it hits beta and the same old "next time, maybe" response is rolled out.

DeletedUser5160

A helpful guild or friend perhaps? FP's for goods swaps? Players can always gain goods above their age, it just takes some work.

You cannot trade Promethium and Orichalcum and if you are not in the age to make either, you're still dead in the water paying 20 diamonds per terminal good.

DeletedUser

Changes do not happen overnight, but changes have occurred over this past year directly related to Beta feedback. Does that mean everyone got everything they asked for? Of course not.
However, the fact that game design even considers the feedback to implement changes is a very good thing. There are many games that do not consider player feedback at all.
A year ago there were no quest alternatives at all, and when we introduced alternatives we said we would be adding more of them over time. We never stated that there would be alternatives to every quest in every situation.
I understand some are frustrated, especially over quest alternatives, but I don't think it's fair to diminish what we have accomplished here on Beta just because alternatives are not currently in every event quest.

DeletedUser5160

Changes do not happen overnight, but changes have occurred over this past year directly related to Beta feedback. Does that mean everyone got everything they asked for? Of course not.
However, the fact that game design even considers the feedback to implement changes is a very good thing. There are many games that do not consider player feedback at all.
A year ago there were no quest alternatives at all, and when we introduced alternatives we said we would be adding more of them over time. We never stated that there would be alternatives to every quest in every situation.
I understand some are frustrated, especially over quest alternatives, but I don't think it's fair to diminish what we have accomplished here on Beta just because alternatives are not currently in every event quest.

Aside from the Kraken GB rework and the new GB UI, and attaching GB progress in messages, what else was considered that made the game better? I've been extremely disappointed with the newer production UIs, unit production UI, avatars in the tech tree and the new useless buildings rewarded in the events.

I've also wanted OF to end for a while now. Even in live, the only building I've used in that age is the hub because I have to make orichalcum.

qaccy

Emperor
@Nodge You're doing exactly what Zarok was pointing out. Because some 'problems' exist for you, you're looking past or 'diminishing' the improvements that have been made as if they don't matter. People like making a big stink over what's essentially nothing, and visual changes to the UI are, by and large, exactly that. Avatars in the tech tree actually have been improved since their initial addition, if you've noticed. They used to be standalone techs, but clearly some feedback was given that the developers acted upon as they're now always bundled in with something else that's more important. Event buildings have always been a mixed bag as well. Were beach bars ever really THAT good? Log cabins? Snow globes? Some people prefer aesthetics over purely numbers, and there are always 'good' buildings that the highly efficient players can chase after instead if that's what they prefer.

Regarding your implied statement that OF is 'pointless', I'm guessing your city is just filled with event buildings (thus rendering all buildings obtained from the tech tree pretty irrelevant), as they're certainly more efficient than equivalent buildings from AF. Unless you're someone who dislikes the aesthetic? But you also mentioned 'useless event buildings' so I'm guessing you're not one of those players. So what exactly is it that you're looking for? It's unlikely that you're going to want to build anything from whatever the next era is going to be either, because (good) event buildings are simply more useful than researched ones.

DeletedUser7059

I think that Nodge have right. Few good things do not balance lot of bad thinks.
If i should judge 2017 changes overall, it was not a good yer for game. 2,5 points from 6

DeletedUser

If i should judge 2017 changes overall, it was not a good yer for game. 2,5 points from 6

We will have to agree to disagree on this. I have been playing FoE since 2013 and I think there were some significant improvements this year. The fix for the long standing memory leaks was great, as was the improved performance in Army Management, and that is only naming 2.

babs

Merchant
Scout province... AGAIN. Then take a province. I'm miles ahead way ahead due to the daily's and other events. SICK and TIRED for these events throwing off the game balance. Can't you figure "EVENT RELATED" tasks without screwing with the game tasks?
I agree.
actually if you played with a name 5 years and suddenly they use something else without renaming the building category itself you won't find it understandable

because if you look closely in the game you find a category production building
but nowhere in the game you find a workshop category (the only workshop in the game is santas workshop)

I agree, should be indicated by a game "listed" category. I am only assuming it meant a production building, because of the hammer icon listed next to the workshop reference. I started a Production Building, guess I will find out "after" the build?

DeletedUser7059

We will have to agree to disagree on this. I have been playing FoE since 2013 and I think there were some significant improvements this year. The fix for the long standing memory leaks was great, as was the improved performance in Army Management, and that is only naming 2.
Do you want handle with argument "I play longer than you!" ? Okay. :D
ekYS.png

(my first account - registret at fforum in august 2012) ;)
You know... I remember all changes in the game...
But yes, we both agree to disagree and look best to let it as it is. ;)

clebert

Merchant
View attachment 2868

Again!!!
Almost 800 goods to achieve this quest. I can´t do this so end of Bowl Event for me. The reward doesn´t deserve this waste.
I have not finished the last 3 events because of it and in this conditions I won't finish anyone in future.
Thanks FoE!
Every event we are saying, stop with scout a province, research a tech , acquire sectors
negotiating WITHOUT OPTIONS! Why?Why enforce the players go age up against
the desired plans ? WE are the players,not you FoE,leave us alone !,let us play the game!

DeletedUser5160

@Nodge You're doing exactly what Zarok was pointing out. Because some 'problems' exist for you, you're looking past or 'diminishing' the improvements that have been made as if they don't matter. People like making a big stink over what's essentially nothing, and visual changes to the UI are, by and large, exactly that. Avatars in the tech tree actually have been improved since their initial addition, if you've noticed. They used to be standalone techs, but clearly some feedback was given that the developers acted upon as they're now always bundled in with something else that's more important. Event buildings have always been a mixed bag as well. Were beach bars ever really THAT good? Log cabins? Snow globes? Some people prefer aesthetics over purely numbers, and there are always 'good' buildings that the highly efficient players can chase after instead if that's what they prefer.

Regarding your implied statement that OF is 'pointless', I'm guessing your city is just filled with event buildings (thus rendering all buildings obtained from the tech tree pretty irrelevant), as they're certainly more efficient than equivalent buildings from AF. Unless you're someone who dislikes the aesthetic? But you also mentioned 'useless event buildings' so I'm guessing you're not one of those players. So what exactly is it that you're looking for? It's unlikely that you're going to want to build anything from whatever the next era is going to be either, because (good) event buildings are simply more useful than researched ones.

It's filled with event buildings because of the way Inno set up the need for terminals. The buildings that give 1 or 2 of each good of the current age allow me to keep terminal productions when I'm out of that age.

It isn't just me that has had problems with the smaller wins they consider "improvements". No one asked for the newer UI layouts that make it more troublesome to navigate or make it exceedingly obvious they're trying to get people to spend diamonds. GvG is also no longer being maintained, so the military improvements don't really help me much since I can pretty much roflstomp it without trading out units.

In any city building game, numbers are the most important thing else you cannot sustain yourself for incoming threats or newer challenges. I'm barely keeping up on beta because I have tribal squares and previous event buildings that are making goods that feed the terminal. If I'm forced to keep negotiating though, I am going to be stuck having to pay orichalcum to negotiate and that will be IMPOSSIBLE @Zarok Dai since you cannot make that good unless you are in OF even if you trade up for the OF goods, but you all keep making us negotiate into sectors. We are also not going to spend 20 diamonds per terminal good.

I'm looking for @innogames to give a damn about its playerbase before they wind up ostracizing players for not advancing and playing at their own pace.