• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Reconstruction Mode

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

DeletedUser

Played around with it in the OF. Very nice so far.
Two things to please consider might be of value:

Players want to use the buildings stored in the inventory while reconstructing city. Could be achieved by temporarily adding them to the city with a different color overlay.
Players want to discard buildings they did not use while reconstructing. Adding a 'delete buildings from scrap list' button with a confirmation checkbox could do.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser7942

dang, got excited it would be more of a secondary city design type thing where you lay out a entirely new city and switch between them, man that would help players like me but I'm probably a very small minority so I don't expect it. This is nice though and I'm sure will be helpful.

Players want to discard buildings they did not use while reconstructing.

I'm thinking can't they just leave up the sell icon as you do this? then as you're doing it you can just sell off the buildings you don't want rather than putting them in this thing then deleting them or idk, maybe moving all the buildings you will delete to one spot then deleting them all at once is more efficient but then what if you put a GB in there or something by accident lol, oops

DeletedUser8150

Really great news. Should be a change that gets some love rather than grumbles!

I'm not on browser atm - how does this work with 'set' buildings'? Can you move them without the reset warning popups?

Would it be possible to have a 'draft or store progress' setting. I can easily see on a big rebuild you might not be able to do it in one session or might get interupted by real life but might not want to lose the progress.

So 'real' city remains unchanged but the reconstruction progress is stored so you can pick it up at a later time with the progress you have made saved.(Like a draft e-mail)

DeletedUser5799

My initial thoughts are Great as I could use some Store buildings from my inventory for buildings that have been collected then store them like Terrace farms this will help me gain a large area then i could use reconstruction mode to move other buildings create yet more room and re position important buildings with ease , my major comment / question is as follows ,Some quests that as you to delete buildings let you delete roads , and by that I wish to know is can roads be re arranged with out needing to place the same number and type of roads if roads do not count then I see no issue at this time how ever i may comment further if needed let have fun give this a chance and see how things work Great Job INNO for coming up with this in the first place Geoff : )

DeletedUser8822

You should be able to save your building progress for the construction mode and for the construction mode only. This is pretty much essential for this mode. How was it not even implemented from the start?

DeletedUser6489

In theory this is AWESOME. will need to try it extensively to get a good feel for this.. i know the OF city i run on my main server makes me nuts so this could be a really good thing. when i have a Quest that says build a goods building or a military building i end up needing to delete something for the space. hopefully i can figure out how to use this new tool to prevent something like that

DeletedUser7703

Played around with a little bit, I like it.

A couple of things I notice.
When you click on a set it comes up with the warning box about resetting timers. Would it be possible to get a different warning message in construction mode and make it also with a setting "ignore this message in the future" but separate to the one you get in normal mode. So I can still have the warning in normal mode but turn it off in construction mode.

If i pick up a EMA sakura rock it shows in the reconstruction tab as my current era not EMA, can live with that one if it makes things too complicated.

Cheers
Grim