• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback [Feedback] New Rankings

DeletedUser

you don't get points when donating to other

you don't get points immediately when donating to your own GB

you get points when one of your GB reaches the next level
depending on the needed FP for the level no matter who donated the FP to the GB

HuscarlTW

Squire
If I were to take a wild guess, I'd say that I've gathered somewhere in the ballpark of 1 billion coins and 300 million supplies over time, in my main city.

1,300,000,000 / 300 = 4,333,333 points lost to the new ranking

And to compensate me I get a piddly boost to my score from goods spent (maybe 1-2M) and a 640,000 point statue.

This ranking update is going to trash my total score (currently at 6.6M). If I'm lucky I'll lose 1/3 of my points.

DeletedUser4256

yesterday I was at #198, today after recalculation #186
and finally after building the Silver award (+659 happiness, +409,600 points) I've moved up to #147

Not bad at all :D

DeletedUser4446

I have gained about 70 ranking places, and another 40 after I put down the statue. I'm now up to 140-ish on the rank.
Coins/supplies points are lost, but city points for the buildings in your city have increased a lot.
That, plus the goods points, ended up actually increasing my ranking.
I ended up with 600,000 more points than I had before (before placing the award).
So I can't complain.

vidicecilia

Baronet
People who gained places also received an statue? It´s funny.
I won´t put this statue at my city. It is the symbol of FoE abuse.
I want to see the calculations. Of course I won't be able.

HuscarlTW

Squire
Placed Atomium in city: 3743178
Leveled Atomium (to level 1): 3744078

Wouldn't this be 9 points per FP? That's a 900 point gain from a 100 FP expenditure. Where are people coming up with 15 points per FP?

Edit: nvm... I'm thinking of level 1 to 2

New question... do your FPs count for more points on high level GBs? I can imagine that an iron age player with a level 10 Zeus/Babel would be significantly ahead in ranking compared to his neighbors who have low levels on these GBs. Specifically, this player would have 75,000 points more than if he didn't own these GBs. While that isn't a lot in later ages, that's massive early on.

Last edited:

Lionhead

Baronet
Wouldn't this be 9 points per FP? That's a 900 point gain from a 100 FP expenditure. Where are people coming up with 15 points per FP?

Edit: nvm... I'm thinking of level 1 to 2

New question... do your FPs count for more points on high level GBs? I can imagine that an iron age player with a level 10 Zeus/Babel would be significantly ahead in ranking compared to his neighbors who have low levels on these GBs. Specifically, this player would have 75,000 points more than if he didn't own these GBs. While that isn't a lot in later ages, that's massive early on.

I have since the new ranking-system came today levelled an InnoTower and a Colosseum. Both gave an increase in my pointscore of 15 points per fp needed for level-change.

DeletedUser5902

Just donated 100 of one good in each age to see the points. It looks like each good is worth:
IA - 3
EMA - 3.5
HMA - 4
LMA - 4.5
CA - 5
InA - 5.5
PE - 6
ME - 11.5 (6.5 + CA)
PME - 12.5 (7 + InA)
CE - 13.5 (7.5 + PE)
TE - 19.5 (8 + ME)
FE - 21 (8.5 + PME)
If you trade 1FE good @21pts down at the FOE calculator rate you get 50 IA goods
50 IA goods @3pts/each = 150pts
Forget about making paper. Just trade down and fill your treasury with IA goods

Praeceptor

Marquis
I hope you're not referring to me when you say Inno. Being someone how joined the forum in 2013, surely you should have known I was not a mod then and always do the same type of calculations then as well. Now being a bit more on-topic, I fail to see what calculations are wrong.

Hi Byeordie. I certainly don't mean you - and I didn't mean that a mathematical mistake had been made. What I mean is that the points value of goods donated is unbalanced. Many players will just build paper mills because the points return per square is better than that from higher age goods buildings if roads/happiness etc is taken into account.

I should have made it clearer. Sorry.

Praeceptor

Marquis
If you trade 1FE good @21pts down at the FOE calculator rate you get 50 IA goods
50 IA goods @3pts/each = 150pts
Forget about making paper. Just trade down and fill your treasury with IA goods

Good point, but that's always assuming there's enough people to take up the inevitable flood of trades in the market.

I should also say that although I've questioned the balance of point rewards in this thread, it's one hell of a lot better than it was, so credit due for that!

HuscarlTW

Squire
I feel like the higher-age goods should be worth a bit more than they currently are, but all in all it seems fine. I don't think it's feasible to trade thousands of paper to iron age goods. Overall, I think the three biggest changes the new ranking system will have are:

1. People will be more reluctant to trade goods upwards at old trade ratios.
2. More people will ghost on GvG since that's the #1 way to collect points.
3. People will stop buying the new premium houses/production buildings since the increased production has no impact on ranking.

DeletedUser6881

I feel like the higher-age goods should be worth a bit more than they currently are, but all in all it seems fine. I don't think it's feasible to trade thousands of paper to iron age goods. Overall, I think the three biggest changes the new ranking system will have are:

1. People will be more reluctant to trade goods upwards at old trade ratios.
2. More people will ghost on GvG since that's the #1 way to collect points.
3. People will stop buying the new premium houses/production buildings since the increased production has no impact on ranking.

Aren't premium houses/production buildings worth more points though than non-premium?

HuscarlTW

Squire
Aren't premium houses/production buildings worth more points though than non-premium?

I think they're worth 2x the points of non-premium buildings of the same size. But it's a static number and is easily ignored in the context of all the points you get from battling. Building 1 tree house hotel is worth something like 20 Future battles. I could be wrong, but I doubt people would pay $5 for a building that gives points equal to 20 battles. (they are worth less population than arcologies, too.)

DeletedUser2752

Hi Byeordie. I certainly don't mean you - and I didn't mean that a mathematical mistake had been made. What I mean is that the points value of goods donated is unbalanced. Many players will just build paper mills because the points return per square is better than that from higher age goods buildings if roads/happiness etc is taken into account.

I should have made it clearer. Sorry.
That makes me much more relieved :) Sorry if I sounded a bit offensive. And yes, I also believe that the points are too close together.
If I were to take a wild guess, I'd say that I've gathered somewhere in the ballpark of 1 billion coins and 300 million supplies over time, in my main city.

1,300,000,000 / 300 = 4,333,333 points lost to the new ranking

And to compensate me I get a piddly boost to my score from goods spent (maybe 1-2M) and a 640,000 point statue.

This ranking update is going to trash my total score (currently at 6.6M). If I'm lucky I'll lose 1/3 of my points.
cwToFza.png

Last edited by a moderator: