• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback [Feedback] New Rankings

Sovereign

Inhouse Community Manager
Hey guys,

Please leave feedback about the proposed ranking changes. I'll try answer questions as best I can, but please remember the office will be closed shortly for the holidays, so I may have trouble getting answers quickly.

Thanks,

Richard and Team

DeletedUser

thank you for making it a GvG ranking

fighting = points
spending goods into treasury = points

talamanta

Baronet
Pathfinder
as an idea is good .... in practice I do not know
I can not understand what is meant here
http://prntscr.com/9emcb6
I hope to not be
that the top25 players will remain top players
why ... by their of points GB is top

Last edited:

DeletedUser2752

as an idea is good .... in practice I do not know
I can not understand what is meant here
http://prntscr.com/9emcb6
I hope to not be
that the top25 players will remain top players
why ... by their of points GB is top
It means if the change is happening on the 30th (it is NOT, just hypothetical),on the 29th, the top 25 players' names will be recorded on the forum. Their points will change once the change occurs.

DeletedUser4256

Glad to hear this upcoming balance
A really big step forward mostly for the (forgotten) old FoE players

DeletedUser4225

This is such a good change. Long overdue but welcome in any event.

DeletedUser

YAY finally, i might have a chance to get into top 10 without having to push my gbs
but it will be impossible to get in the Top 1000 without fighting (or at least spending thousands of goods into guild treasury)

so as I said:
thanks for making it a GvG ranking

DeletedUser7028

HI....... is a very good idea.....and is very needed for me....but Additionally, all players with at least 1000 ranking points (when the recalculation takes place) will receive a city decoration that will be a proof of their achievement i thin is too less.....my propuse is better reduce to 100000 points because 1000 piont already have who play not from long time....this changment have more effect at player who play for long time
thanks

DeletedUser

1000 points = Stone Sword Statue
playing very longtime: Golden Sword Statue

so why the small players shouldn't get a stone version of it

and you know if you increase it to 100000 points much much less players will get the Golden Sword Statue
because 1% of all players with 100000 points are much less than 1% of the players with 1000 points

DeletedUser6881

Although I do like how they are changing things, I do not like that they have taken out of the calculation the production of supply/coin. By doing this you make GB's like St. Mark's, LoA and RAH much less needed and you make the military GB's more important since points earned from battles stay the same.

The ironic twist of this is the fact that the one GB everyone leveled to insane levels was usually the CdM, one of the more important GB's when the new calculation comes.

Also, although I doubt InnoGames realizes it yet but this will hurt their diamond sales. WHY? Because although diamond premium buildings will be worth more than non-premium for point totals, that number will remain static. Say I have 10 premium supply buildings all with 100pts instead of having 10 non-premium buildings worth 75pts. Does the calculation look at my buildings daily and give me 1000pts or does it just give it to me one time. If only one time, then that total is static and pretty much a meaningless number since it will only ever increase upon you reaching a new era. Whereas before people bought premium buildings because they were the best overall source for supply/gold and your score increased daily because of your increased production.

So now I will no longer be buying premium buildings since overall it will add very little to my score instead unlike it does today. I feel like Innogames is shooting themselves in the foot with the removal of Gold/Supply as part of the players score calculation.

DeletedUser5746

i hope that the points for goods aren't too much, because if it, than came the players with 100 ropery, made on the day 3.000 Goods, and if a. E one hma good 40 points, they made 120k points on the day.....

DeletedUser7028

1000 points = Stone Sword Statue
playing very longtime: Golden Sword Statue

so why the small players shouldn't get a stone version of it

and you know if you increase it to 100000 points much much less players will get the Golden Sword Statue
because 1% of all players with 100000 points are much less than 1% of the players with 1000 points

yeah.....exactly what i mean....my personal opinion is increase from 1% to 5% gold statue.....from 10% to 20% e from 50% to 70% the other.....the target is to give good gift at the player who play to long time because who play form less time not look good difference whit this new sistem like who play long time....
thanks

DeletedUser6881

Also this new calculation system takes out much of the need to motivate/polish other people's cities. If supply/coin isn't part of the daily points calculation, then I only need the minimum to produce goods and future buildings. I can build less supply and residence buildings and increase happiness buildings. I make sure I have enough population to support my military and small supply and that's it. Don't need over population or over supply production. Just enough happiness buildings to ensure my city is at 120% if nothing is polished to ensure I get max PvP points.

I really don't think Innogames has thought this new calculation through at all.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser6741

I don't see them doing anything about the "point farming", as this new ranking system actually rewards it as well as all GvG aspects of the game. To me it is almost as if they want the people who do not GvG to quit the game altogether as everything is rewarding the players and guilds who GvG.

DeletedUser5149

To me it is almost as if they want the people who do not GvG to quit the game altogether as everything is rewarding the players and guilds who GvG and in the process giving great reward to the ones that "point farm" which is a form of cheating by Inno's own policies.

Just curious about this statement. Where in the rules do you feel that point farming is defined as a form of cheating?

DeletedUser

Players already leave this game because of the raiding aspect that takes place & more powerful/advanced neighbours will sometimes raid the living daylights out of those players that are lower down the neighbourhood ranking…

With regards to goods spent, if goods spent trading will not be counted towards the ranking then what about goods plundered? If you really want to make changes that are fair to all players then might I suggest that those players that after defeating their neighbours & get their ranking points then get those same ranking points taken back if they plunder whatever player they have just defeated…

Plundering not only causes misery amongst those who are the victims but also causes players to quit & if a player quits then that is another potential diamond player that forge of empires will lose as a result of all this…

I find some early age GBs very useful indeed like Hagia Sophia for example… From what you are saying will GBs now be penalised because they are not of the latest age? What is the incentive to keep going/playing if this is the case… Players might think themselves what is the point of building anything other than the military GBs because regardless of age they all give a set military boost for each new level they go up by so shouldn't the amount of points a player gets for having a GB be the same regardless of what age it comes from? Of course the value should be different depending upon the foot size that the building actually takes up within a city but I wouldn't like to be in a situation where I have two GBs of the same size e.g. Hagia Sophia & Royal Albert Hall & because Hagia Sophia comes from an earlier age it gives me less points because of this…