• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback [Feedback] New Rankings

DeletedUser

no

you should use the space for many military buildings with attack boost
then you can make more fights with less damage

DeletedUser4256

I donated one good of each age to the treasury reloading the game after every donation to see the points increasing:

1 IA goods = 3 points
1 EMA goods = 3 points
1 HMA goods = 4 points
1 LMA goods = 5 points
1 CA goods = 5 points
1 IndA goods = 5 points
1 PE goods = 6 points
1 ME goods = 12 points
1 PME goods = 12 points
1 CE godos = 14 points
1 TE goods = 19 points
1 FE godos = 21 points

The IndA goods builidings require more space and population than LMA buildings
so can someone explain why the value of LMA goods is the same as IndA goods?

DeletedUser

you should donate more than 1

because 4,5 (LMA) is not 5,5 (IndA)

lets say your score is 100,5 (shown 100)
now you donate 1 LMA = 105 (you believe it is 5 but it is 4,5)
now you donate 1 CA = 110 (it is really 5)
now you donate 1 IndA = 115,5 (shown value 115 and you think it is also 5 but it is 5,5)

:rolleyes:

Just donated 100 of one good in each age to see the points. It looks like each good is worth:
IA - 3
EMA - 3.5
HMA - 4
LMA - 4.5
CA - 5
InA - 5.5
PE - 6
ME - 11.5 (6.5 + CA)
PME - 12.5 (7 + InA)
CE - 13.5 (7.5 + PE)
TE - 19.5 (8 + ME)
FE - 21 (8.5 + PME)

DeletedUser4256

you should donate more than 1

because 4,5 (LMA) is not 5,5 (IndA)

lets say your score is 100,5 (shown 100)
now you donate 1 LMA = 105 (you believe it is 5 but it is 4,5)
now you donate 1 CA = 110 (it is really 5)
now you donate 1 IndA = 115,5 (shown value 115 and you think it is also 5 but it is 5,5)

:rolleyes:

oh, I forgot the decimals ...and byordie's post as well :D

I've just collected the Arc and the goods donated automatically to the treasury still dont count
The point is: will this bug be released on live servers as usual? :D

I'm a bad boy ..I know it :p:p:p

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser4923

Havent been here for a while, but just read your comment midas. Its a relief to see that those magic Arcs wont disturb the ranking.

DeletedUser

Havent been here for a while, but just read your comment midas. Its a relief to see that those magic Arcs wont disturb the ranking.
that is true:
nothing can disturb the new fighter ranking

no coin/supply collecting points
GB points a so low: 1 fight = 1 month donating to a GB
goods points: insignificant low compared to one fight

DeletedUser

This new ranking system is really unbalanced & very unfair with deciding on how to rank players from now on as it seems to be very biased in favour of those that do do GvG as opposed to peaceful traders…

I thought they were meant to redress the balance due to giving too many points away for all of those high-level GBs but they've really mucked things up as they are now doing a disservice to many players here by favouring one style of playing above another… Effectively endorsing one strategy whilst penalising others… Where is the fairness or balance in all of this?

Fighting is an optional part of this game whereas supplies, coins & forge points are the bread and butter of this game… If you are going to rank players then at least don't rank according to those that take part in one aspect of the game… Ranking should be based on the essentials not on the optional extras…

Sad to say but this new ranking system is a bit of a farce & to those that are in charge of overseeing this new system… I know you guys can do better than this…

DeletedUser

Where is the fairness or balance in all of this?
flushed in the toilette

I know you guys can do better than this…
no they can't
that is the best they could do in over one year
(problem of unbalanced gb ranking points was pointed out end of 2014 in en-forum)

someone who needs more than a year for this crap sure can't do it better
(I saw better solutions in 5 minute postings in the en-forum)

podkap1970

Emperor
well if this goes onto live server, than good night

well i know the Inno devs dont look forward longer than 2 weeks
you can see that with the open Alcatraz and the Arc, which destroyed most GvG already
but with this new ranking, it will be even worse

most problem will be for the little guilds, which have the beach sectors, they will get attacked like everyday, and have to replace the deffs all the time
seriously ....

DeletedUser4295

Well I'm sorry to say that if this new ranking system goes onto the main servers without serious tweaking, then that's probably it for me as far as this game is concerned. That would be a great pity, because I have enjoyed it very much in the three-and-a-half years that I have been playing, but this change has pretty much ruined the game for me.

It think it is very unfair that you have changed the game in this way, such that those of us who choose not to participate in PvP and GvG are now at a huge disadvantage. In the 10 or 11 days since the new system was introduced, my points total has hardly moved - it doesn't seem worth collecting coins and supplies anymore, and even switching to goods production to donate to the Guild Treasury is making very little difference because of the paltry rewards. I play this game predominantly as a farmer/trader (although I do fight my way through the continent map), and I like to aid my Guildmates, friends and neighbours daily (I have only missed one day since last October) for BP rewards. I'm not expecting that I should ever reach the top echelons of the rankings, but it would be nice to get some reward for keeping my city efficient in terms of coin and supply production - at the moment, there's nothing.

I do welcome some of the changes that have been introduced - adding a reward for goods donated to the Guild Treasury is a good idea, and the reduction in the points value of high-level Great Buildings is long overdue - but, in my opinion, the game has now become seriously imbalanced.

InnoGames - please can you tell me if there are any plans to make further adjustments to the scoring system, or are you happy with the outcome? A prompt reply would be much appreciated.

DeletedUser

IF ?

there is no if.
it will be released on Thursday on live servers

and on beta server I lost 100 places when the ranking was introduced (that is not much. will be more on live servers)
and since that another 50 places because I am at the end and not doing any "ranking activity" (sure it will go down faster on live servers for me)

DeletedUser4379

'...Sad to say but this new ranking system is a bit of a farce & to those that are in charge of overseeing this new system… I know you guys can do better than this…'
No, they can't. But, as you are relatively new to the Forum(s), your naivete can be forgiven.

DeletedUser

I play this game because I enjoy city building & interacting with my other fellow players… I derive a lot of satisfaction from helping others to achieve whatever goals they have with regards to their own cities but I am very disappointed indeed at the inherent unfairness of this new player "ranking" system and I would like to know why I have been penalised for trying to maintain a well-rounded city on all fronts… Not only this, but how this will affect the Guild which I belong to (a fair trade & non-GvG Guild).

my old ranking was 1826 (952,016 points) on beta (December 27)
my new ranking as of today is 2299 (798, 269 points) on beta (February 15)

Despite my city generating 68 FPs a day as well as owning premium residential housing, military & supplies buildings on top of being fortunate enough to own 11 GBs could somebody please explain to me why my ranking is dropping even further with each and every day? When a player works on their city, makes advances both in the tech tree, increasing GB growth, amasses more goods, coins and supplies within their city the natural expectation is that they will make some advances/progress be it large or small with regards to their own player ranking, not be penalised for simply deciding to not participate in any fighting (GvG or PvP)… Please do not bring out all of the technical jargon because to the average player they do not have time to go through & analyse pages and pages of data… the system is either fair or it is not fair… This new ranking system is biased, discriminatory & highly unfair to quite a lot of players that currently play this game… What you are basically saying is that if you do not want to fight then we are going to effectively give you the cold shoulder & make you pay for it by demoting your player ranking…

As you can see from below, none of my GBs would have qualified for exploiting the old player ranking system:

Royal Albert Hall (level 5)
St Mark's Basilica (level 5)
Statue of Zeus (level 8)
Cathedral of Aachen (level 9)
Castel Del Monte (level 10)
St Basil's Cathedral (level 5)
Frauenkirche of Dresden (level 5)
Tower of Babel (level 5)
Lighthouse of Alexandria (level 7)
Hagia Sophia (level 10)
Alcatraz (level 6)

This new player ranking system is very discriminatory in nature and if you thought that thought the deluge of complaints with regards to your implementation of the current messaging system was massive it will be nothing compared to the amount of complaints you will receive as a direct result of this "new" player ranking system… When a person decides to partake in any game they come to the table with certain expectations & the most fundamental of which is that they are treated in a fair manner and that all competitors/fellow players will be treated in the same way… This is no longer happening & as such you are going to lose a lot of players due to this ridiculous new player ranking system… People are going to just vote with their feet & not bother investing any more of their time or money in a game that sees fit to treat them in such a shoddy manner as this which is a real shame as this is a really good game to play but however good a game may be if the ranking system is unfair you cannot really expect to maintain a high level of player participation…

PLEASE NOTE: I don't expect to ever be as highly ranked as other players within this game as I only fight on the territory map but I do expect to be treated in a fair manner.

DeletedUser

Don't blame the devs, they do only what they are told :D

I am just your average player on here who enjoys spending time city building…

I don't know much but in order to implement this new system it must have gone through many stages before they put it into action and started using it for real… Why was this new system not scrutinised more carefully?

If changes are made that enhance or improve the game players will definitely welcome such advancements but if a blatantly unbalanced system is put into place one cannot expect those that must play by such a system to be happy about it…

Nothing is ever absolute & everything is subject to change with regards to this particular game… As a player who likes spending time playing this game I wanted to give them some feedback with regards to what I think of these most recent changes to their new player ranking system & I do not think I am the only player who is unhappy with these changes…

It is not for me to go around pointing any fingers but they wanted feedback with regards to this particular issue and so that is exactly what they have been given… My feedback ^_^'

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser5254

Good job Inno, you've turned a pay 2 win game into a mindless fighting endeavor for non paying customers.