• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback [Feedback] New Rankings

DeletedUser5641

Just for recording keeping, I decided to record my points as I was constructing an Atomium:
Initial points: 3710799
Placed Atomium in city: 3743174
Spent 55FPs in Atomium: 3743178
Leveled Atomium (to level 1): 3744078
Collected from Atomium: 3744078
Sold Atomium: 3710803

So it seems that we actually get points for spending forge points in general (so we get to see some activity), ME goods are worth at most 18.5 points per good (likely less as the GB itself probably had some extra points attached to it), and guild-goods from GBs does not factor into ranking (yet?)
so how many points will i get for one FP spent? 15?
of course we get the points only when the GB levels

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

for spending fps we don't get any points, you get them when you spend goods
but GB give points when you level them
depending on the amount of FP the level needed

each FP then gives 15 ranking points

Praeceptor

Marquis
Looks like Inno have got their calculations wrong again (no surprises there!)

Example:

paper mill - 3x2 - 20 goods/day gives 100 points
packaging factory - 7x4 - 20 goods/day gives additional 130 points

1 paper mill + 1 packaging factory gives 230 points per day

or in a little less space...

5 paper mills gives 500 points per day
(also single roads give more happiness per square and paper mills require less population)

No contest! Everyone who has a timber boost will flood their cities with paper mills.

Lionhead

Baronet

Example:

paper mill - 3x2 - 20 goods/day gives 100 points
packaging factory - 7x4 - 20 goods/day gives additional 130 points

1 paper mill + 1 packaging factory gives 230 points per day

or in a little less space...

5 paper mills gives 500 points per day
(also single roads give more happiness per square and paper mills require less population)

No contest! Everyone who has a timber boost will flood their cities with paper mills.

Probably true. At least for players who cares about their individual ranking and who isn´t a part of a guild. As a guild founder I´d kick anyone who floods their cities with Paper Mills with no regard for the common goal of our guild.

DeletedUser5473

It´s very unlikely to find a Gold Reward receipient who isn´t in FE. Remeber only the top 1% got it. I got the Silver and I was 450-something in the old ranking and have been in FE for some time.
Sorry.... Te neco is not even out of the middle ages :) and should have a gold statue... he was in top 50s.

Praeceptor

Marquis
Probably true. At least for players who cares about their individual ranking and who isn´t a part of a guild. As a guild founder I´d kick anyone who floods their cities with Paper Mills with no regard for the common goal of our guild.

I agree completely, and I won't be doing it myself, but plenty of players will, I bet.

Having said that, an average battle in FE (given that some still use 2 spears in defense) should easily cover the 500 points from 5 paper mills, so I expect the players who will rise to the top of the rankings will be the ones who use the GvG map attack/release/attack/release/attack/release/attack/release strategy.

Shame.

Last edited:

DeletedUser4923

I just donated 100 me goods and got 1150 points on the ranking. Nothing i could be troubled about. Then i fought, and the fight was worth 21982 points, and i got 439 points for the ranking. So 50 fighting points equals 1 point on the ranking.

The point i want to make is that this whole operation has been started to bring back some credibility to the ranking. I haven't read all, but i think goods donated directly from Observatory, Atomium and Arc also give points for the ranking. Well there are still some players with excessive Arcs and they would benefit, although the point was to restrict the influence of great buildings on the ranking.

Should there be a lower value of goods donated from the buildings listed above as opposed to goods you directly donate from your own goods? Otherwise those with very high Arcs will still dominate the ranking in a while.

DeletedUser4446

The most active fighters (sector bashers) will be at the top of the rankings, like before.
Goods donations (and high Arcs) do contribute points, but you can never beat the fighters with it.

Say, as an extreme example, you have a level 80 Arc, a level 15 Observatory, and a level 15 Atomium.
Then you put a little more than 1,000 future goods into the treasury each day.
This gives the same amount of ranking points as about 13 battles.

Sure it helps, but it's just a drop in the ocean.

DeletedUser5097

Great the awards gives a lot of points. I hope you can get more points of your award
by the renovation kits.:D
zwaardstandbeeld.png

Nice building, a lot of happines and a lot of points for a 1x1 building.:) I see the top of béta has verry much less points
before the update...

DeletedUser4295

I still think it is a mistake to remove coins and supplies from the points calculation. There is now very little incentive to build supplies buildings in your city, beyond a minimal amount needed for new building. We will see cities filled with goods buildings instead. This in turn could adversely affect daily aid, as there will be fewer buildings in each city that are able to be motivated.

Is there any chance that coins and supplies can be added to the points calculation once again, or do we have to make the best of this new system?

DeletedUser4446

As for my feedback, the ranking is less ridiculous than before, but it's still worthless as a measurement of who the 'best' players are, as long as nothing will be done about the brainless sector bashing on the GvG maps.
This point abuse will become even more rampant with the release of this new ranking, so please make some significant GvG changes to tackle this problem.
Many proposals have already been made, this is not the place to repeat them.

vidicecilia

Baronet
I only followed the rules of the game established by FoE, so I don't undestand why I am punished. I've didn't do anything bad and I went from 430.000 to 302.000.
Can't understand. It's unfair.
Which was MY ERROR?

DeletedUser5769

these are points for first 10 players on en8
safZl7V.png

for #1 points are not fully visible, there are 4 numbers missing to show full amount
and he gets gazillion points daily just by having GBs at (very) high levels
all of this is not his fault either
will he be upset? probably a little bit more then you
but with this new system, rank will be a bit more fair imo

DeletedUser2752

I hope you're not referring to me when you say Inno. Being someone how joined the forum in 2013, surely you should have known I was not a mod then and always do the same type of calculations then as well. Now being a bit more on-topic, I fail to see what calculations are wrong.

DeletedUser4446

Question for those in-the-know:
'No Age' buildings like watchfire, rogue hideout, drummer school and observatory won't give any city points?
Or doubled stone age points?

And will the city points of the great buildings count as 'premium'?

BestWarrior

Baronet
but GB give points when you level them
depending on the amount of FP the level needed

each FP then gives 15 ranking points

Ok, but i made a donation of 10 fps to a player GB and i've got no ranking points. After that i've put 10 fps in one of my GBs and the same, no ranking points added.

we get the ranking points in the GBs by leveling up, that's what i understand from your words. It means the value of each level depends on how many fps it takes, that's it?

We don't get ranking points by donating to other players, or do we? I didn't understand that so far...

Last edited: