• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback [Feedback] - New Quest Overview

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

DeletedUser8373

Overall I like the idea of putting all quests to one tab, much easier. But, first, it seems soooo big. I cannot decide where that impression comes from. And second: could you please adjust treasure hunt icon so it is more quests-like style? Now it disturbs me that quests icons are different shapes and styles than old treasure hunt ;)

jtrucker

Baronet
Guys, guys, how about you stop whining? Such as "please give us our old quest tabs back", which appears in almost every other post... Ain't gonna happen. It is new feature, it is done and it is here to stay, period. Now, you might want to suck it up and give some constructive feedback about functionality (such as the confirmation windows in wrong place/shouldn't exists at all; or that the recurring quest should appear as the first in the list of quests etc), that is a feedback which could actually help (assuming the devs really read it here as they said they do). Whining about the old one won't help and won't change, you better get used to the new look (and yes, everyone can get used to it, just be a bit more open minded)
Just sayin', you know.

Btw I don't very well understand the "it is childish" etc. Well, I'm 50 and IMO the new window is no more no less cartoon than the old window. The whole game is cartoon with quite nice cartoon animations if you have powerful computer (eats video resources like hungry elephant), but I really don't understand how more or less childish could "different" cartoon images be. Perhaps someone cares to explain it? :) (My personal feeling is, that whoever used it first wanted to look smart and all the others just copied it for lack of better response (no offense intended) ).

For the devs - excellent point is the one about the treasure hunt captain. As it is now, it looks downright ugly. The captain should either have the same style of the icon as the new quest ones OR it even could be third tab in the same window.

shooter

Merchant
I understand your reasoning for the new box, I did read the release. You want us to have tons of quests that you want to put in this box and so we can tell one from another??? Plz do not give us anymore events or quests. Geesh. Fix GVG that would be major. Most irritating of anything is scrolling down to the quests. If you could fix it to all fit in the box, or the one you aborted last stays on top it would be better. Another thing is the abort button in the middle of the page? Bring it to the box. Serious I get change is hard but this is just more work having to grab the scroll down everytime. Stop making it harder for us to play for your convenience.

WillyWuff17

Squire
Some Quests get the Completed-Check-Mark even if they are not completed. The Pay_Coins&Supplys Quest in the reoccuring Quests for example gets the Check mark if it is just in the Quest-List.

r0v3ph.png

DeletedUser7107

Don't you get it yet? Most of us don't like, and don't want, this new interface. Please just take it away.
On my main account on a US server my entire strategy there is based on doing the recurring quests, doing anywhere from 50 to 100 a day. It already takes a long time. This is much slower, and you can't even see what you are winning. At the very least give us the option, in settings, to choose which style we want. Very doable.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser5955

a few things that bothers me
FIRST:
chat should be active while quest window is open
SECOND
when i click abort i dont need an confirmation
TRHIRD
when i open build menu and then quest window , the build menu disapears - it shouldnt

DeletedUser8373

Ok, I think I found a bug. When there is a quest with hidden reward, even after completing it there is no information what reward was won.

Thunderbummy

Marquis
I hesitate to write here anymore since it seems that our opinions are for the most part ignored anyway. However this is yet another manifestation of the biggest over-riding problem with this game which is the ever increasing time necessary to fulfil even the most basic game play. The simple act of harvesting takes forever longer with each new update. Anyone at an advanced stage of the game needs anything up to 20 minutes just to circulate through the endless and mostly useless recurring quests. It was bad enough before but now takes even longer. Once upon a time I could come here, do a quick harvest then enjoy some time fighting battles, both GvG & in the hood. What with the GB window taking about 1 to 2 seconds per FP or 10FP added, the time needed to visit taverns, the never ending "special events" and the revolving quests, there is now barely enough time left for GE, let alone anything else. I dispair really because I used to look forward to my daily sessions here but they have now become more of a burden than the fun that they used to be. It has got to the stage when I have to question whether or not I want to continue. If Inno really want to improve the game they seriously need to find a way of making the mundane tasks quicker so that we have more time for the fun stuff. Here on beta I tend to use the free diamonds to speed harvest and forgo the rewards from additional revolving quests. On the main servers I am probably going to start dropping worlds simply because the game is taking too long. If I drop worlds, I will definitely buy less diamonds - so there you have it Inno, find ways to speed up the game or lose revenue - the decission is yours.

DeletedUser7107

I hesitate to write here anymore since it seems that our opinions are for the most part ignored anyway. However this is yet another manifestation of the biggest over-riding problem with this game which is the ever increasing time necessary to fulfil even the most basic game play. The simple act of harvesting takes forever longer with each new update. Anyone at an advanced stage of the game needs anything up to 20 minutes just to circulate through the endless and mostly useless recurring quests. It was bad enough before but now takes even longer. Once upon a time I could come here, do a quick harvest then enjoy some time fighting battles, both GvG & in the hood. What with the GB window taking about 1 to 2 seconds per FP or 10FP added, the time needed to visit taverns, the never ending "special events" and the revolving quests, there is now barely enough time left for GE, let alone anything else. I dispair really because I used to look forward to my daily sessions here but they have now become more of a burden than the fun that they used to be. It has got to the stage when I have to question whether or not I want to continue. If Inno really want to improve the game they seriously need to find a way of making the mundane tasks quicker so that we have more time for the fun stuff. Here on beta I tend to use the free diamonds to speed harvest and forgo the rewards from additional revolving quests. On the main servers I am probably going to start dropping worlds simply because the game is taking too long. If I drop worlds, I will definitely buy less diamonds - so there you have it Inno, find ways to speed up the game or lose revenue - the decission is yours.

I couldn't have said it better. I have 10 worlds on the main servers, all of which i spend money on. If this so called update makes it to the main servers, i will be playing a lot less worlds, and spending a lot less money

DeletedUser5955

there is a topic "stop the endles clicking" which says alot about this game problem.

i know its browser-based game, but sadly there many others similiar where clicking is reduced to minimal amount and its programmed this way that the action itself is time consuming bt its not time wasting. Its a gameplay with sense - but here clicking is 85% of the game and all action is 15% game.
i suggest change it to 15% clicking and 85% game.

DeletedUser7577

What a totally pointless update.. just like the bonus overview .. not needed and not wanted. Why not spend the time working on something that would actually be useful to people like amending the "add 80 friends limit", so that everyone can add all 140 if they want. Now that would actually be helpful!

DeletedUser8071

I couldn't have said it better. I have 10 worlds on the main servers, all of which i spend money on. If this so called update makes it to the main servers, i will be playing a lot less worlds, and spending a lot less money
Same here and you know how I do. This is getting crazy!

DeletedUser5439

Absolutely hate this new cartoon version of quests. I play 12 worlds, with the old version I could more or less just glance over and most of the time I didn't need to open anything. Now I have the comic book version which takes up more visual space and is much, much less visually pleasing than the old version.

Inno, stop fixing what isn't broken, just for the sake of changing stuff. Most of your players have been here a while and we like things the way they were.

DeletedUser5955

of ur talking about limits i suggest to change it totaly:

- no invitee limit
- no overal limit of friends
- limit "aid" to total of 300 (80 neighbours, 80 guild, 140 friends) with that diffrence that player decides who he is aiding ( he could aid 0 friends, 0 guild and 300 friends) or as shown above 80 / 80 / 140

DeletedUser7968

No, no, NO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This new quest system is TERRIBLE !!!
What are you trying to do? Kill the use of multiple repeatable quests? That's what it looks like to me.

From the announcement:

"We came up with a new Quest Overview which should be able to display all of the needed information in an efficient way ..."

Efficient use is far more important than efficient display. And there is nothing efficient about requiring much more mouse clicking and maneuvering with every step of the repeatable quest chain.

My style of playing this game relies heavily on the repeatable quests. If you were to implement this change, that would be a severe deal-breaker for me, and I would leave immediately, after three years of playing this game.

DeletedUser8071

No, no, NO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This new quest system is TERRIBLE !!!
What are you trying to do? Kill the use of multiple repeatable quests? That's what it looks like to me.

From the announcement:

"We came up with a new Quest Overview which should be able to display all of the needed information in an efficient way ..."

Efficient use is far more important than efficient display. And there is nothing efficient about requiring much more mouse clicking and maneuvering with every step of the repeatable quest chain.

My style of playing this game relies heavily on the repeatable quests. If you were to implement this change, that would be a severe deal-breaker for me, and I would leave immediately, after three years of playing this game.

Well put!

DeletedUser8377

The new quest overview sucks bad. I don't want to see the mainline quest every time I do reoccurring quests. It's taking more hand movement and time to get anything done and I already have carpel tunnel. The quest overview takes up too much of the screen and the accept button is missing. You have to move the cursor to a miscellaneous point to the right of center or find the tiny little x above to make the menu recede. The rewards were missing earlier, but seemed to have appeared consistently more recently. I don't want to see this change come to the main servers. I might withdraw from most servers I play on if it does.