• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback [Feedback] - New Quest Overview

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

DeletedUser8364

Over all I like it, but like anything else, change is hard to adjust to, we're all creatures of habit. I got used to it very quickly.

On an aside, I'm getting concerned about the volume of internet traffic all these changes generate. I have a rather low monthly data limit and every upgrade seems to require more and more data traffic.

DeletedUser7059

By me, the new quest interface is horor - more slow during "rotating" repeating quest, mutch more untransparent, but most important for me - it looks horrible.
Why change something what work and almost no one (if someone) complain about? Dont understand that...:(

DeletedUser7725

I have only one question: Why a new quest-interface when the old one works?

There is no obvous necessety for a change and - more important - a change should make things easier and not more complicated. Sorry, but this new inerface is not the big deal as it was annouced and canvassed, it does not improve the game at all.

DeletedUser7427

The idea of splitting the story and event quests is okay. The event tab is really great as you get all the info needed in a single tab. As for the story tab, I find it cumbersome as I need to scroll down (not all quests are visible). With the old setup, you knew which characters were associated with the different recurring quests, so it was relatively easily to check the quest that you were interested in. For the story/recurring quests, it would be so much better if the extraneous lead-in text were omited (i.e., "Your HIghness, bla, bla, bla") -- nobody reads them anyhow -- so that the vertical space each quest takes up is considerably reduced and all quests can be visible when the tab is open. Thanks

DeletedUser

quest: get 50 of each OF good

but still no advanced information how many of which I already collected

if you are doing the overview completely new then you could at least improve the quality of the information in it not only the design

DeletedUser5769

i gave it a few days to get accustomed to
still don't like it
makes me feel "attacked" by that window when i open it
and that confirmation screen that's still in the middle of the screen makes each confirmation pain in the .....
as for new quests, it's really stupid they appear at the bottom of the screen, just put them up (as we all know you are gonna keep this feature)
text is only visible when you put your cursor anywhere else OTHER THEN arrow, in fact you just can't put your cursor on the arrow, try it, i dare you
as for random rewards, they do get visible for each quest, apart for the "pay up" one
all in all, the look just reminds me of some children's game
has it ever occurred to you guys that one main reason we loved this game is that it's just not another copy of everything else on the market?
it was interesting and fun, now it's more bland and more and more like a work with all those events (yes, i am aware i can skip them)
getting off topic now, so ill stop
just one more thing: @devs, there is a real big difference when playing the game with every single thing unlocked and with gazillions of diamonds vs good old playing
try it

DeletedUser8262

The more i use it the less i like it, donating fp's to gb's in quest size increments is already complicated enough due to the new gb window but after completing 6 quests and taking the rewards i actually have a headache, the bouncing and sliding is not pleasant to look at for any length of time. My guess is that this and the achievements were done by the same person and they were obviously so proud of that they bumped the event history off default so this is unlikely to change significantly ........ by the way, thanks for the extra clicks needed to bring up the event history, i'm only playing 11 cities so no big deal lol

DeletedUser8366

How about:
1. Making "the book-like quest overview" to open in the middle of the screen instead of on the left (you'll have to adjust the book's appearance a bit) and that way approving recurring quest will be as it was until now - in the middle (unless the need for approval can be removed entirely).
2. Too many quests showing at the same time, is very busy and the scrolling doesn't help much, so maybe separate the quests so that each quest will have its own tab - the improvement here compares to the old version is that you can browse the quests in tabs instead of clicking a quest, exiting, clicking other quest.. plus, that way you'll have enough space for the entire quest description (instead of wrapping and hovering)
3. Personalty, the dark bolding around titles is giving me a headache, please reduce the bold thickens. The white titles over dark burgundy does not require it in the first place as it's contrasted enough (at least for me).

That way you get to keep the design :)

DeletedUser7454

I just have to add to my previous post that there is nothing wrong with the idea. The presentation is the problem! I never read the story lines but now when I open the tab it punches me in the face. The story line could be activated by a roll over the quest giver and that way most of us who do not care about it will get a much better streamlined window.

DeletedUser5955

use chrome for gods sake
clear all cache and have at least 16 GB of DDR4 ram

vesgouo

Baronet
when I open the tab it punches me in the face

I think that almost all gamers find this new overview not only not necessary, but ineffective and confused.

I'm one more who hated. Overly colorful, childish and little practical.

I do not want to sound rude (serious). But if you want to make interesting changes in the game, here are some sugestions:
(I made a separate post not to interfere in this discussion)

https://forum.beta.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/idea-sugestions-for-changes-in-game.7734/

or [CLICK HERE]

I was doing story quests today just because. Two of them had similar requirements, guess what, NEW window only required ONE click to see what both quests needed rather than having to click one quest, close it, reopen the other one, and close it again. It saves me a lot of time scrolling through repeatables, though I dont appreciate having to scroll down the tab to even see the third quest.

DeletedUser8368

Remove this overview, please.
Do you like to work with it, if you have 30 Clockmacking? 20? 10? Sorry, it's :mad:

DeletedUser8277

It is frustrating that things players have asked for for years get ignored - A better way to shuffle through repeating quests- and items that seem to add nothing of value to the game get put in-this.

I agree that it looks childish but I don't care much about the astetic value, it's a step down in usability.

-The top/down or over/under flipping is confusing. A few times I've completed a quest and didn't notice to click the green button because it had changed to the bottom quest.

-The confirm abort button is still in the center of the page which ends up making recurring quests take longer to filter through- which is actually the ONE THING people have asked for improvements on when it came to the quest window. That popup needs to be removed, it serves no purpose and adds to the clicking.

This is where I think most of the frustration in this thread is stemming from. The one item that needed improvement in this area was ignored while pointless parts got attention. Just like in the GB contribution window, they asked for a faster way to add large amounts of FP, but the developers couldn't find time for that in their virtually pointless redesign of the interface.

The developers seem as though they are much more interested in the visuals of the game where as the players are way more concerned with the functionality.

DeletedUser7503

OMG who is the moron you guys have leading the graphic design??? Thanks for another horrible change to the game that didn't need to be made. Thanks for making it impossible to know what your quests are forcing us to open the story window to see what is going on. thanks for opening the window on one part of the screen but opening the accept/abort at another part of the screen. thanks for not making all three quest working visible at the same time. thanks for making this game less attractive and less fun to play ........................

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser5121

New quest taskbar is bad ... it takes too long time to find out, what it was to do.
- With the old one you could see the status only moving cursor over it.

I don't like it - anymore than you do :)

DeletedUser7942

The silver lining here is this very well may bring about a change which makes recurring questing faster, so it seems they've inadvertently answered that call, if they fix it of course. Speaking of which I did a quick little test and cycled through the recurring quest loop, 10 quests, on the old v new system. Takes approximately 20 seconds on the old interface and nearly twice that long on the new interface at approximately 40 seconds to cycle through. There are two issues causing this to take longer; 1. the abort confirmation window being further away from the questgiver and 2. The time it takes to get to the next quest after confirmation is about 1 second longer than the old system I assume because of the animation that happens as it slides off the window and the new quest slides in whereas before we just see the loading shield and crosswords.

I'm up to 284 Blacksmiths now on my Live city, takes me approximately 20 minutes to do collections. I'm guessing with this new interface as it stands without fixing it will take me at least 40 minutes. Even though not everyone plays a recurring questing city this still slows everyone down to some degree.

Last edited by a moderator: