• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Halloween Event 2019

The Lady Ann

Baronet
a rebalancing that is welcome to those of us who had balanced cities till we placed and upgraded the asylum and then had to pull production buildings down to replace with happiness buildings for utterly unnecessary population

and that my friends regardless of what era, how long you had been playing, whatever, is the crux of the matter

qaccy

Emperor
@marcoags If I want to look at 'the other view', I can quickly say that a new player has the freedom to build any event prize regardless of what bonuses it has. Whether the Asylum has population on it or not, a new player is going to want to fit a building that produces up to 11 FP and 20 goods per day into their city, even if it also has negative happiness on it. What new player is going to look at an event grand prize and say 'nah, not worth building'? It doesn't have population on it, so they're not going to bother trying to make room for it? I don't think that's the case here.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
They tend to tilt events in one direction entirely for very long periods. There was a long time where every event building offered happiness and if they offered population it wasn't a significant amount - anyone playing for a significant time was running zero cultural buildings. It's now swung the other way where everything's given population for a long time, and very few have given happiness and thus instead people are complaining that they *have to* use cultural buildings. (Really I think they need to come up with more reasons for people to use 'regular' buildings - but I guess that ship sailed long ago)

Personally I'd be a bit irritated if I was still active right now about people celebrating what for me would be a nerf to the event building (My main on live is a city with plenty of event buildings - including every population one while I was playing - but I still always liked more because I ran a very militarized city for the purpose of doing a lot of GvG without a lot of support; barracks were regular free units for sieges and DAs in far greater quantity than a level 80 traz puts out). Just went to check and it's currently using about 120k population with mostly FE barracks - if I shifted it up towards using barracks I wanted for AA or potentially GBGs (if those can use large quantities of troops to power through more fights at high attrition) it'd easily need 200k+ pop and I'd have to build housing for it (already have habitat+inno most of the way to where they make sense).

Any argument about the stats 'making sense' rings hollow given that thousands of people are living in a solid bronze statue for instance. If anything having a bunch of poor squatters/eccentric hipsters residing in a *gigantic* abandoned house makes way more sense!

At the same time though, any new city will still like 11 FP a day from a single event as others have mentioned. It's mostly the cities that are already filled with stuff that may have just reversed their stance in either direction between build and not-build (or between getting multiple and "meh i'll take 1 i guess, it's free").

DeletedUser10057

@marcoags If I want to look at 'the other view', I can quickly say that a new player has the freedom to build any event prize regardless of what bonuses it has. Whether the Asylum has population on it or not, a new player is going to want to fit a building that produces up to 11 FP and 20 goods per day into their city, even if it also has negative happiness on it. What new player is going to look at an event grand prize and say 'nah, not worth building'? It doesn't have population on it, so they're not going to bother trying to make room for it? I don't think that's the case here.
a player that don´t have space, i´m always repeting the same, in my iron city i don´t have space, if the building gives me population i could delete some houses,now i must delete other things productio/goods buildings , i prefered to have population and not build the building in my main city if i had problems with population (becouse i have a lot of event buildings that already give me bonus)

DeletedUser10057

a rebalancing that is welcome to those of us who had balanced cities till we placed and upgraded the asylum and then had to pull production buildings down to replace with happiness buildings for utterly unnecessary population

and that my friends regardless of what era, how long you had been playing, whatever, is the crux of the matter

i have a city with 7000 extra population in colonial age with 1 cultural building if you don´t know how i can explain

DeletedUser10057

why can the asilum give 500 population in all eras? that would be a solution for all, beginers and old players
there were more solutions that this one

qaccy

Emperor
a player that don´t have space, i´m always repeting the same, in my iron city i don´t have space, if the building gives me population i could delete some houses,now i must delete other things productio/goods buildings , i prefered to have population and not build the building in my main city if i had problems with population (becouse i have a lot of event buildings that already give me bonus)

Eventually, no player has space. It reaches a point for anybody where it comes time to start improving what you have rather than simply adding on to it. To that end, a building which produces up to 11 FP, 20 goods, a ton of coins, and a sizable attack bonus is going to be something most players want to have in their city, especially the 'freebie' that they'll be getting just from completing the event. At that point it's just a matter of what that player has to clear out to make room for it. Someone with a full city is always going to have to get rid of things to make room for new buildings; what they get rid of depends on what the building's giving them and/or what their city looks like overall.

I guess looking back over this discussion, it's basically played out like a textbook example of 'you can't please everybody'. I didn't like the old version, you don't like the new version. We've both said our piece and it's just going in circles now, from the look of it.

DeletedUser9666

When I started in FoE and my city was very young, I had to delete Black Tower because of the negative population, and despite all the fp/goods benefits. I did the math and decided that keeping BT made no sense.
True story.

sirblu

Baronet
Whats the story with these "Books" in the Halloween event? There are only 5 days left and I have multiples of every book and Zero of 1 so I will never be able to complete all the books to get the librarian prize. I know they are random and some are rarer than others but there is no point if the last book will never be offered.

DeletedUser10057

@qaccy
it´s you that start going in circles
becouse my argument isn´t i like one better than onother
my argumement was that the old version was bad for you and now is bad for me
but from the start you try to convince me that i´m wrong that the old version was bad for everyone and this version is good for everyone

I have a question and I hope I can explain myself clearly....

If I complete several books of the same type (for example the most common books) multiple times BEFORE finishing a full set of books.. Those books that I've completed "extra times" will count towards the progress for the upcoming sets?

For example, if I completed Book 1 fives times during first set cycle, those will count for additional upcoming 5 cycles?

I noticed this when I finished my first set of books, that certain books were already completed during the 2nd cycle (like books 1-4, which I did multiple times in the first cycle).

In the beginning I did all the books I could find, but then I stopped since I realized I have to save them in case I don't find these books for an additional, complete book set. However, after finishing the first full set, it seemed that these books that I've completed already multiple times, were already counted towards the progress of my next set.

So is this how it works? I can do Book 1 ten times if I want, before finishing a full set and it will still count for the future set progress?

Julvs

Merchant
I think INNO has resolved Asylum population question. I've lost a lot of citizens and now my population is...negative!!!. Hard to believe, but it's true. XDDD (see picture)

Attachments

• foepoblación.PNG
    foepoblación.PNG
    237.1 KB · Views: 12

DeletedUser10039

build the alcatraz you are in progressive era you can build the alcatraz problem solve, once again someone of a supirior age complaining with out a reason

Thank you for looking at my city: If you take a closer look you will see i have 6 large premium happiness buildings and lots of other happiness buildings. I also have zero houses. WHY.... because the event rewards for 2019 have been dominantly population heavy, therefore INNO eventually realised this and gave us a happiness reward ( Asylum's less population = 140% more happiness) to go some way towards balancing out the event rewards released this year.

I am looking at the overall effect on my city in Beta but also all my other worlds on Live and the majority of players who have many event rewards from 2019. If INNO want us to spend to get more than 1 event reward this year they also need to balance it out (which is what they have done). Look at the list of event rewards this year and you will see 90% are population heavy, which needed to be balanced out.

p.s. thanks for saying PE is superior. Check out my SAM cities on live servers and you will see they have high Traz but still lack happiness with about 50 Event rewards from this year my happiness went down over 300,000, no Traz can compensate for that. My 5 Crow's nests by themselves dropped my happiness down by 103,180.

Fenix

Viceroy
So, give us (young players) a chase to get that old event rewards... if we got those, we wouldn't need a "hunted" asylum with population.

Finish the season with population, and next year give a event building with happiness and a opportunity to get the previous year event building. The player would have to chose the building he wanted (one or the other). In this event is almost impossible to get the Graveyard (I tried).

Last edited:

balentone

Merchant
So, give us (young players) a chase to get that old event rewards... if we got those, we wouldn't need a "hunted" asylum with population.

Finish the season with population, and next year give a event building with happiness and a opportunity to get the previous year event building. The player would have to chose the building he wanted (one or the other). Is this event is almost impossible to get the Graveyard (I tried).

antiques dealer