• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback [Feedback] Great Buildings Level Up Window

DeletedUser7942

Please change to this, ty
1LDoblW.jpg

DeletedUser7938

I have the new GB window, and I love it! and I hate it! The graphics are better, but the rest is not as user friendly as the old version. First, have a tab to click over to for an overview wastes time, in the old version the split window was more functional as if I wanted the overview info I could just mouse over the left side and see what I needed to. Secondly the middle button for 10FP, which was better also in the old version as I could choose 1 FP at a time, whatever FPs were in my bar, or the little plus sign to open the selection window SO I GET TO CHOOSE a package amount to use. What would be better would be when you select a FP package or diamond package, it asks you how many of the package to use with a simple box that defaults to the value of the package you select, and has up down arrows to adjust it for the amount you want. The remainder is then placed on the FP bar.

If you were to combine the old and new into a better single no tab window, I would definitely be on board for the change. Maybe something like this-
16195838_10208254495939650_4118401701079465862_n.jpg

1BFA

Viceroy
This would be great! Have a "FP Pouch" or some such thing in your inventory. You might even be able to display the number of stored FPs by the medals, diamonds, coins, and supplies.

BUT
, this might solve the packet and button issues. In this way the FPs would be stored in ONE LARGE GROUP no worries about 2, 5, 10 packet usage and left over FPs going to the FP bar or adding any additional types of packets to the game or having to add more buttons to the new interface.

For ex: You have 2FPs Packets x 12 -- 5FPs Packets x5 -- 10FPs Packets x5 = that's 99FPs that would go to a general STORED pool of FPs.

Maybe this way any FPs we get as rewards in GE (at least the 2, 5, & 10 variations) could go there as well. :D

Having one FP Pouch/Bank/Pool is the way to go and all winnings should just go the bank.

New UI suggestion:

Have a check box Use FP Bar (By default Check it and don't persist/remember)

Then have 3 Buttons Use 1FP, Use 10 FP and Use 50 FP

DeletedUser7942

Having one FP Pouch/Bank/Pool is the way to go and all winnings should just go the bank.

New UI suggestion:

Have a check box Use FP Bar (By default Check it and don't persist/remember)

Then have 3 Buttons Use 1FP, Use 10 FP and Use 50 FP

I think it's pretty clear they want you spending fp's rather than saving them given the changes in GE to fp's so I doubt that's ever going to happen.

I think my suggestion is the best because the window would contain all the options to use fp's; Bar, Bank, Buy With Coins, Buy With Diamonds and Complete Instantly and the ability to set exactly how much of each is better than the default 1,5,10 selections. Much more efficient and no window switching.

DeletedUser7938

I think it's pretty clear they want you spending fp's rather than saving them given the changes in GE to fp's so I doubt that's ever going to happen.

I think my suggestion is the best because the window would contain all the options to use fp's; Bar, Bank, Buy With Coins, Buy With Diamonds and Complete Instantly and the ability to set exactly how much of each is better than the default 1,5,10 selections. Much more efficient and no window switching.

That is the way it is now with the little gold box with the plus sign. You click it and it opens an option window to select coins, diamonds, or FP packages that are in stock. With the addition I suggested of keeping that button on the new version only adding a counter so you can select whether to apply the whole amount selected or a portion of it, the remainder going to your bar.

Andi47

Overlord
That is the way it is now with the little gold box with the plus sign. You click it and it opens an option window to select coins, diamonds, or FP packages that are in stock. With the addition I suggested of keeping that button on the new version only adding a counter so you can select whether to apply the whole amount selected or a portion of it, the remainder going to your bar.

No - the old one unfortunately doesn't allow to buy FP for coins. Would be nice, if the new one would do so.

DeletedUser7969

Absolutely fantastic news that Inno are finally making this change. Will hopefully be a lot easier to donate lots of FPs.

I would still argue for making a 50 FP pack because there are a lot of players who donate thousands of forge points every day. I can not see what the problem with creating a bigger forge pack could be. Even smaller players could use it.

DeletedUser7969

and what would be the advantage of a 50 FP pack compared to a 50 FP button :rolleyes:

Nothing, if we get a 50 FP button thats brilliant. I havent read the whole thread, but if a 50 fp button will be available also it would be a fantastic update

DeletedUser7969

How long does it usually takes to get implemented on "normal" servers after beta-release?

Achaeus

Marquis
Wondering if anybody can answer - If I press the 1 FP button and only have medium FP packs, does my my medium FP pack turn into 2 small FP packs or add 4 FP to the bar?

Huscari I did not see that anyone answered you, so if this is a repeat I apologize in advance.

In response to your question the 4 FP's leftover move to your FP Bar.

Achaeus

Marquis
How long does it usually takes to get implemented on "normal" servers after beta-release?

Ventemiglio, from my observations there is no set period of time before new features in Beta are released to live servers. You may have noticed that Version 1.93 in live did not have all the goodies that 1.93 had in Beta. If you stop to think about it for a moment and how updates and new features might be added, it makes sense as something added in Beta may only be a first step in a larger update or part of a new feature, so we may have it here in Beta for some time until the entire update or feature is ready, then when it is released it shows up in live as part of something bigger. I am not sure that is what Inno is doing, but rather what I have observed.
Bug fixes are another matter altogether and I believe are updated to each server as they are resolved, or for minor bugs added to the next update for each server.
As far as Events if you watch the end date on the login screen hints you can usually work backwards as to when it will show up on live. The carnival event for example will end on live around Feb 28, so it should start on live fairly soon.
Hope that helps!

HuscarlTW

Squire
Huscari I did not see that anyone answered you, so if this is a repeat I apologize in advance.

In response to your question the 4 FP's leftover move to your FP Bar.

Thanks. In that case, that's terrible design.

Suggestion: Inno, please change the 5 FP pack into two 2 FP packs when the 1 FP button is pressed.

And same for the 10 FP packs - these should turn into one 5 + two 2's.

DeletedUser5663

I think you forgot the recurring quests... If we're able to spend the whole amount we would spend with one click, the Frontenac would be useless! With the new window which allows us to donate the fps much faster and with the GB list from our onw town means already more risk for players doing the quests simply becazse donating became much faster but the quests not, so if a player wants to take over while i finish 3-4 quests after i spent a few hundreds fps, it's now easier to take my place! Levelling the Frontenac and using it is a good srategy in a strategy game! And this makes a real difference between the players, it would be very sad if this would be killed just because of lazyness! Without quests donating 2000Fps takes less than 5 minutes with the old method, the new one makes it possible to do that in 2, if somebody doesn't want to spend that 2 minutes with it, doesn't deserve the rewards of a high lvl GB e.g. 70 thosands medals or 25 BPs etc.
There would be no change. You have that risk with the old method if you do the quests.

SirSmithy

Squire
I think you forgot the recurring quests... If we're able to spend the whole amount we would spend with one click, the Frontenac would be useless! With the new window which allows us to donate the fps much faster and with the GB list from our onw town means already more risk for players doing the quests simply becazse donating became much faster but the quests not, so if a player wants to take over while i finish 3-4 quests after i spent a few hundreds fps, it's now easier to take my place! Levelling the Frontenac and using it is a good srategy in a strategy game! And this makes a real difference between the players, it would be very sad if this would be killed just because of lazyness! Without quests donating 2000Fps takes less than 5 minutes with the old method, the new one makes it possible to do that in 2, if somebody doesn't want to spend that 2 minutes with it, doesn't deserve the rewards of a high lvl GB e.g. 70 thosands medals or 25 BPs etc.

Let me elaborate..

I still say, that we need a single pouch, so we don't get any FP to the bar by breaking a FP package.
What we still need buttons for FP bar usage: 1, 5 and 10
and buttons for FP pouch usage: 1, 5 and 10

I don't want to lose the option to do the recurring quest. This is my main income as well.. :) but you should know this :p

Andi47

Overlord
i agree with shrykers comments almost exactly. everything used to fit conveniently and comfortably on one page making it very easy to use. now it has been split into 2 pages, where we are left with a bunch of empty space. (which reminds me to please give my applause and kudos the person/people who developed/designed the old one.) .

Empty space .... where the contributor ranked at #5 would easy fit.

Edit:
LOTS_of_space_for_Nr_5.jpg

YES_No_5_IS_there.jpg

Last edited: