• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback [Feedback] - Great Building message attachments

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

DeletedUser

Well hopefully they will recode the game soon to something like HTML 5 as in 2020 Adobe is ending Flash :D
wouldn't it be better to recode before bringing new content ?

so it must programmed twice
first flash and then html5

:rolleyes:

Luk3 Bryan

Farmer
Well hopefully they will recode the game soon to something like HTML 5 as in 2020 Adobe is ending Flash :D
they are currently rewriting the entire game to use html5, so all these updates and new features are probably already written twice.

DeletedUser8511

@juSi

there are a lot more clicks then you say previously, writing the name of the GB...... each letter count as a click :p

Well when you factor in 4-6 FP swap threads for different denominations, bet ya that using the new approach is slower. Type in "CDM" copy & paste into various threads is faster than having to open a list of your GBs and finding the one you want and pick it. Try using both approaches, and see which is faster. Most players have more than just 4 GBs, imagine a list of 20+. What order is it currently sorted in this new interface?

Don't get me wrong, i am sure it will be helpful to some, but i just feel that there are other things that need a little more attention.

DeletedUser8461

Well when you factor in 4-6 FP swap threads for different denominations, bet ya that using the new approach is slower. Type in "CDM" copy & paste into various threads is faster than having to open a list of your GBs and finding the one you want and pick it. Try using both approaches, and see which is faster. Most players have more than just 4 GBs, imagine a list of 20+. What order is it currently sorted in this new interface?

Don't get me wrong, i am sure it will be helpful to some, but i just feel that there are other things that need a little more attention.
It'll be sorted by last contribution after tomorrow's update (same sorting as the contribution list).

Andi47

Overlord
One thought about the new feature: Mobile phone users will see empty messages for now, so browser users also should NOT use the feature for now, if they want to make sure to send the message to every intended addressee.

@innogames , this time it makes little sense to release the new feature at different times for browser and app users!

YukonJack

Farmer
I agree that this seems like an unnecessary improvement. I am sure some will (and have) found it very useful, but, as stated above, there are other areas that could use some tweaking. I would like to see the visit option return when clicking on a player icon. When doing PvP, if you win a battle and wait to plunder, then the neighborhood gets shifted, there is no way to go back to that defeated players city to check for items to plunder, once they are shifted out of your neighborhood.

Silveralius

Squire
Great work. Very useful feature.
Visually clear and great. Best idea. And it is working (with small issues) :)

Big like to Inno :)

DeletedUser6484

One thought about the new feature: Mobile phone users will see empty messages for now, so browser users also should NOT use the feature for now, if they want to make sure to send the message to every intended addressee.
Maybe this is why you currently cannot add text and GB attachment in a single message. Sending a text message in addition to the attachment message will keep mobile users in the loop. Perhaps it will work together once deployed to mobile? If it worked as text with attachment in a single message, it really would make more sense.

This enhancement makes for 2 less clicks when navigating to a GB from an opened message: (click a player icon, click "Great Buildings", click specific GB) vs (click GB attachment). Assuming the text and attachment become a single message it will be an improvement but imo really a nominal impact, at best, to routine game. If it remains necessary to send two messages then that somewhat offsets the reduction in clicking.

There are so many other areas that clicking could be reduced - like having to click "abort" 10 times on recurring quests to repeat same quest! If you repeat a quest 10 times in a single session of playing, you end up doing 100 unnecessary clicks. Devs could have used their time and resources to save us from hundreds of pointless clicks on recurring quests but chose to save us 2 clicks on this.

Oh well, maybe I'm not seeing what the actual advantage of this is and there is something else that this will do other than save two clicks when you go from message to GB screen. Please add to this list of advantages for this enhancement so I can understand the full benefit:

1. two less clicks to go from message to GB screen
2. possibly reduces errors on donating to wrong GB from FP exchange threads
Any other?

DeletedUser8404

Despite the limitations others have mentioned, this is a huge improvement as far as I'm concerned. While the improvements for readers are obvious, I'm talking about the improvements as a poster. I'm a forgetful person, and am constantly backing out of the message window to check one thing or another. No longer do I have to step back out of my message window when I've forgotten which GB I'm levelling in a given city...now, I can just click the attachment button and see the list right there. No longer do I have to step back out of the window to see how close a GB is to levelling and if it should be posted to a levelling thread. Again, it's just there. While I can see for many that this will be extra clicks, for me, it's a huge savings in clicks, when you factor in all the backing out I'm constantly doing.

In short, I love it!

DeletedUser8471

GREAT addition !!!! :D I especially like the soon-to-come trade tab! No more having to listen to mobile users whimper: "How do I know which trade is yours??" :eek:
Well if they just added the player names to the pop up window when tapping on a trade this wouldn't be an issue either... just saying.

I play with a Guild that is predominantly mobile and we instruct all new members/players to post the numbers and goods listed for their trade(s). And when most players used 5 or 10 increments we instruct them to use a +/- 1 on the 5/10 increments to make them easier to pull from the list. So your comment is kind of rude to someone that handles this on a daily basis.... :p

But I do agree it will makes things a ton easier :D
I'm interested to see if it will work the same on mobile as you all get to use it on browser. Lucky ducks :p
(When I went to my Beta guild today all the swap threads had blank messages and I was like "oh lord another Chat bug..." :rolleyes: then I realized what it was and just got jealous I couldn't use it yet

I like the idea. but ...

it's NOT an attachment. please dont mislead people with that word. what you are doing is posting a link. an attachment suggests you write a message and then attach a link, which is NOT the case at all. its a bit annoying to have to post the link and message separately. this would be annoying for swap threads, where you post a link, and then type message, but before you post the message someone else posts to the swap thread.

I especially look forward to the trade offer feature. but I also agree with others. there's SO MUCH other stuff that would be much much more useful to have. like GvG that worked. use the elvenar trade system to show fair/unfair trades. memory leaks ...

DeletedUser7942

Browser: I noticed though when I put it in the main top "Guild conversation" board it doesn't show unless you open the message, I realize most will use for swap threads, just something I noticed I don't know if intended;

GB-attatchment.gif

DeletedUser7942

See now ya got me thinking. As a GvG'r how about an attachment that links the Province and Coords and when clicked on takes the player to that sector?:)

Oh and if we could post other players GB's that would be cool too.

Last edited by a moderator: