• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback [Feedback] - Great Building message attachments

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

jtrucker

Baronet
I am aware of that, and the reasoning behind is because they cannot compete in GvG, a feature left out on the mobile version.

Why have a mobile version of you are not going to release the same content across both platforms? Clearly they want the revenue from the Mobile Gaming community or they would not have spent their resources in building the app at all.

So suggesting that mobile players are inferior to browser players is rude to a large portion of the community (and I would guess that it's at least half of FoE players, though I do not have the statistics to back that up)

Oh they (Inno) want revenue from mobile players, all right. Did any of you realize that diamonds are MORE EXPENSIVE on mobile than on PC (Same server, same world - example: $13.99 gives 600 diamonds on android and 650 on PC - UK server, "O" world) ? That's why I would never spend a penny on my android version, only on PC... Also diamonds cost differently on different language servers (using the same currency), but that I can kinda understand. The difference between mobile and PC on the same server I do no understand. Just ripping off mobile players I guess - those who never accessed game on PC do not realize that they are being ripped off...

Anyway - as for this new feature - I have to agree that adding the GBs as attachment in not necessary (the list is shown when clicking on sender avatar), but won't hurt (hopefully), adding the trade will be VERY USEFUL (in my opinion especially on mobile platforms where in the market you don't see the seller). Would be nice if that feature would include an option "Offer valid accessible ONLY to the recipient", but I doubt it will be there

dolphin

Marquis
Oh they (Inno) want revenue from mobile players, all right. Did any of you realize that diamonds are MORE EXPENSIVE on mobile than on PC (Same server, same world - example: $13.99 gives 600 diamonds on android and 650 on PC - UK server, "O" world) ? That's why I would never spend a penny on my android version, only on PC... Also diamonds cost differently on different language servers (using the same currency), but that I can kinda understand. The difference between mobile and PC on the same server I do no understand. Just ripping off mobile players I guess - those who never accessed game on PC do not realize that they are being ripped off...

How about Inno can't express our currency in it's proper format.

I don't spend any money on diamonds for that very reason!!

DeletedUser16

Oh they (Inno) want revenue from mobile players, all right. Did any of you realize that diamonds are MORE EXPENSIVE on mobile than on PC (Same server, same world - example: $13.99 gives 600 diamonds on android and 650 on PC - UK server, "O" world) ? That's why I would never spend a penny on my android version, only on PC... Also diamonds cost differently on different language servers (using the same currency), but that I can kinda understand. The difference between mobile and PC on the same server I do no understand
Let me explain then :).
Pricing differences between mobile and browser are a direct result of different fees that we - as a company - have to pay to the other companies that provide the payment platforms. Those fees are considerably higher on mobile than on browser, hence the difference. We're not making more money per payment from mobile than we make from browser.
I can guarantee that we'll be very happy if you decide to make any payments from any platform :).

Hope this explains everything.

DeletedUser

and InnoGames always want the same money

they don't say:
players always pay the same and get the same. we pay they fee

they simply say:
InnoGames always get the same. players pay the fee

:rolleyes:

I can guarantee that we'll be very happy if you decide to make any payments from any platform :).
sure because you don't pay the fee
so for you it doesn't matter if there is a high or low fee

only if you would pay the fee you would say
we prefer that player uses the browser to pay

RedRed

Viceroy
only if you would pay the fee you would say
we prefer that player uses the browser to pay
I don't think will be nice for users either in this way; in this case inno would set the price to have the same income, something like a weighted average on estimated future purchases, therefore browser users would pay fees for Google and Apple users, even if not due (obviously inno would be very happy to say "use the browser"). I like how it is, it helps to understand how fair is your mobile platform :p

If you install Puffin browser app you can pay diamonds from the browser (also you will be able to access GvG maps). HTML5 transition hopefully will help to get rid of this gap.

Last edited:

Achaeus

Marquis
Nice solution, but I have some doub about it (sorry, these comments have already been registered):

1st. My colleagues use the phone platform, mainly. (Please, can you include this feature in the app?)
2nd. A link as attachment has generate some disturbes between friends, because they guess the other players didn't pay the exact FPs to the Greats Buildings. (can you include a snapshot and not a link?)

If they had not paid the correct amount then the new messaging system makes it very obvious because the amount on your GB and the link will be the same. If you are putting your GB up in multiple threads it does not help much and you may have to do some 1st grade math to figure out who didn't pay.

Achaeus

Marquis
I see several posts about being cheated out of FP's, and suggest that maybe it is a matter of players getting used to the new system, not a case of players really trying to cheat. It has happened several times in my guild and I have done it myself, and I know I am not interested in cheating on swaps, nor are my fellow guildies. This is a change that requires a shift in our mouse click patterns and we are bound to slip up several times before we get used to it. Our brains are interesting monsters that develop habits and take a while to adjust:confused:. I would recommend patience and polite reminders that a swap was not successful before kicking players from guilds or getting too upset about things.

Personally I like the Message attachment and find it saves time. Looking forward to seeing what the trade tab will do for us and also how this will make mobile swap activities easier where writing is not as easy as it is on the browser version.

SuperCirce

Squire
This is a good improvement. I would very much like it to be extended to other objects: trade offer, GvG sectors, buildings (needing to be polite or motivated for example), players, etc.
And also that we can send a message from the object we want to attach ...

+1 on the idea to make it a snapshot instead of real time view of the GB attachment.
No, I prefer to keep it up to date.
If necessary the author can always write in his message the state of the building at the time of the attachment

LadyHecate

Marquis
Nice feature but VERY poorly released! It's of most benefit in guild exchange threads but fact that half the guild (i.e. App users) cannot see the Attachments has caused chaos resulting in the guild either banning its use unless a second post identifying what the missing Attachment was to the App guild members. Once again this shows poor thinking from Inno who obviously do not play the game on App!

DeletedUser7529

Well biggest issue is that sending attachement doesnt include main message that was typed. You need to send it manually. If its not get fixed before release this will make this feature useless on chain GB threads (and those are 99% where this feature could be used).

DeletedUser8511

Request for enhancement to this feature that will make it more useful:

A) Although the view that polls the GB info and shows current stats is nifty and looks cool. What is the point? if every message for the same GB shows the same information? Instead, when the GB is selected via the interface, just create a text of the current GB stats, level and FPs with the open button and save that to the message thread. This will ensure a history/snapshot for that GB is seen when the message was created.
B) Ability to select another players GB. Use case - Another player can select another member GB to post for Guild GB Donation threads, others can post a GB of someone else when its close to leveling or in the mud.
C) Text message in addition to the Open button

DeletedUser7951

a) It's for easy and quick donations. I for one do not want historic informations in the pictures. Link is better than screenshot. I rather want people to see where it's at now, as I usually have several wap-threads postings.. Don't see the point of showing the amount when I posted the link. If you want to track, then track it manually.
B) No, no, no. Some muppet may think he or she is being nice and post my GB. That could potentially mess up my swap deals.
C) could be a nice compromise between the players that have the need to tell the amount of FP in there at the time of the posting and the rest of us.

DeletedUser8511

a) It's for easy and quick donations. I for one do not want historic informations in the pictures. Link is better than screenshot. I rather want people to see where it's at now, as I usually have several wap-threads postings.. Don't see the point of showing the amount when I posted the link. If you want to track, then track it manually.
Its just an improvement/suggestion, it will not impact you, you will still see the same content and information, with this approach.

B) No, no, no. Some muppet may think he or she is being nice and post my GB. That could potentially mess up my swap deals.
It wont mess up your swap, you pick you own GB. If someone wants to pick your GB for a swap and have the fps sent to yours too ... hey, thats great.

DeletedUser7951

and have the fps sent to yours too ... hey, thats great.
No, it's not. It messes up my swap-deals I have outside the threads. Because someone thinks there's cheap rewards and wants to share it with their friends. My GB, I decide when and where to ask for donations. Even GB in construction might not be announced for a reason.

I still feel your A suggestion is just cluttering things up, but I'm sure I can live with your suggestion rathr than a screenshot-hyperlink as others have suggested. Still rather have it as is.

Looking forward to see how the trade-link will be, that sounds useful and productive.

SuperCirce

Squire
A) Although the view that polls the GB info and shows current stats is nifty and looks cool. What is the point? if every message for the same GB shows the same information? Instead, when the GB is selected via the interface, just create a text of the current GB stats, level and FPs with the open button and save that to the message thread. This will ensure a history/snapshot for that GB is seen when the message was created.
See the initial state is only useful if we know the current state, so to choose I prefer to see the latter, it is this last that will allow me to decide whether to follow or not.

DeletedUser7781

Request for enhancement to this feature that will make it more useful:

A) when the GB is selected via the interface, just create a text of the current GB stats, level and FPs with the open button and save that to the message thread. This will ensure a history/snapshot for that GB is seen when the message was created.

Brilliant. That way we see the current state and the way it was when we posted it in one go.
Added benefit: mobile users can see the text part and so everyone is happy.

Seconded !

Keritan

Squire
Put it on APP ... for the love of anything! you are irritating the bejeezes out of app users.

And make it so you don't have to double send to type something. I don't care if its a live look at the GB as long as I have some way to type in there the amount it was when posted and it is a part of the post, not a second line item. Have had people trying that in swap and if 2 are posting at same time, things get muddled and looks stupid. link from person A, typed from person B, typed from A then link from B.

jtrucker

Baronet
It wont mess up your swap, you pick you own GB. If someone wants to pick your GB for a swap and have the fps sent to yours too ... hey, thats great.

Oh, my friend , you are so wrong. It MIGHT mess up your swap royally. Like when I'm in ARC swap group with 3 other fellas I don't want ANYONE to ever put a single Fp in my arc until I myself decide to open that building for wider public. It is simple as that - not always, but there are situations when adding any amount of FPs to one of your (or mine) GBs might cause more harm than good. So no, that should never be the case that you can post someone else's building.