• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback [Feedback] - Great Building message attachments

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

DeletedUser8162

Nice solution, but I have some doub about it (sorry, these comments have already been registered):

1st. My colleagues use the phone platform, mainly. (Please, can you include this feature in the app?)
2nd. A link as attachment has generate some disturbes between friends, because they guess the other players didn't pay the exact FPs to the Greats Buildings. (can you include a snapshot and not a link?)

DeletedUser7207

:eek: The Forge Points are updated
msgatt2.png

I love it!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser6938

Congratulations !
For the new Great Building message attachments
I love it :)

aliatela

Merchant
One more feature that is not fully baked or necessary imo, and bogs down the browser version of the game even more. Some players might find it useful though.

DeletedUser7942

One more feature that is not fully baked
I had to smile at that one because every once in awhile I read through the history of the forum, going through all the changelogs, comments from the beginning etc. and it seems to me that's pretty much how they've always done it, maybe it's a financial consideration as well sometimes like maybe they're not sure they want to go full boar on any given feature or whatever it may be right upfront. I'm sure maybe it's like any other industry where you have the creative/design/engineering side that just wants to go crazy and do all kinds of stuff but then you got the management/finance side that's like "uh, you want to do what now?:confused::eek:" ;)

DeletedUser7781

It is actually advertised as a mobile game.... or do you never watch commercials?
Nope. Never. But I'll take your word for it.
Regardless how it is advertised: this is a browser game with mobile possibilities

DeletedUser8471

Nope. Never. But I'll take your word for it.
Regardless how it is advertised: this is a browser game with mobile possibilities

And regardless if this is a browser or mobile based game, the features in both versions should be consistent with each other. It creates confusion and divide amongst players, and can easily turn players away from the game (losing a potential customer for Inno, and the possibility of that player recommending it to others and loss of even more potential customers)

Why is it so hard to accept that players on all platforms should be treated equally? If you were a person that liked to play battle oriented games but only used mobile to play (PC inaccessibility) and found out that the Devs had created a new GvG-like feature on the browser version, wouldn't you feel left out and possibly sway your decision to leave the game? (Speaking about any game in general, not just FoE specifically)

I feel that might happen more than people realize...

DeletedUser7781

Quite right. But don't mistake what should be for what is
There is quite a list of things that are not so great on mobile. Trading for instance.
I stand by what I said, as it is now it is a browser game. The fact you can do a lot on your mobile is great.

Did you know some guilds advertise they don't want mobile players?

DeletedUser8471

Quite right. But don't mistake what should be for what is
There is quite a list of things that are not so great on mobile. Trading for instance.
I stand by what I said, as it is now it is a browser game. The fact you can do a lot on your mobile is great.

Did you know some guilds advertise they don't want mobile players?

I am aware of that, and the reasoning behind is because they cannot compete in GvG, a feature left out on the mobile version.

Why have a mobile version of you are not going to release the same content across both platforms? Clearly they want the revenue from the Mobile Gaming community or they would not have spent their resources in building the app at all.

So suggesting that mobile players are inferior to browser players is rude to a large portion of the community (and I would guess that it's at least half of FoE players, though I do not have the statistics to back that up)

Manganite

Merchant
So suggesting that mobile players are inferior to browser players is rude to a large portion of the community (and I would guess that it's at least half of FoE players, though I do not have the statistics to back that up)

I think it is the majority. It has over 10 Million downloads in the Android Play store alone. Apple will be roughly the same number. Compare this to the few hundreds, maybe thousands of hardcore browser players you have on all servers together...

DeletedUser7107

I am impressed. A great idea, and executed very well. I play on a PC, not a mobile device, and it works very well for me. My live server frinds that also play on beta, are impressed also, and we are looking for its arrival there

DeletedUser6863

I was in favour of this feature when it first was introduced but I have now changed my mind. This is a great way for those who cheat in this game to cheat even more. I have had 3 instances since the introduction where payers have said they have added FP's from a swap thread but actually have not. Yes I do manually track my GB's so this is how I know. The status of your GB changes on all postings when any FP's are added. This is a negative as it makes it difficult to track FP's added to the GB, especially if the FP's added are not part of the thread you posted in. I only realized this when I checked to see if FP's had been added as the 2 posts had the same amount of total FP's. I had assumed that the first post would stay on the original amount and the second post would show the changed amount. Please either change this so the original post stays the same and the next post has the updated amount of FP's or get rid of it completely. Most payers are genuine and add the required FP's but the unscrupulous among them will take advantage of this.

DeletedUser7951

I'm not a huge fan of this, but how does this make it easier to "cheat" ? And why do you have to use it if you don't enjoy it?

DeletedUser6863

I used it for the first day or so but after being cheated out of FP's 3 times I will not be using it anymore. It is because the status of your GB changes on all postings when any FP's are added and not just the current post. It should not change on the original post. The next time you post it should show the added Fp's. This way you are able to keep track easier. If I look back to the first time I used new message attachment it shows the same amount of FP's as it does now so if you don't track manually you have no way of knowing how many were added. It actually makes it harder to track. So from someone who thought it would make it easier I have had a complete change of mind and now dislike it and won't be using it on here or live when it hits the servers.

DeletedUser7942

I used it for the first day or so but after being cheated out of FP's 3 times I will not be using it anymore. It is because the status of your GB changes on all postings when any FP's are added and not just the current post. It should not change on the original post. The next time you post it should show the added Fp's. This way you are able to keep track easier. If I look back to the first time I used new message attachment it shows the same amount of FP's as it does now so if you don't track manually you have no way of knowing how many were added. It actually makes it harder to track. So from someone who thought it would make it easier I have had a complete change of mind and now dislike it and won't be using it on here or live when it hits the servers.
Kick them from the guild.

DeletedUser7951

In my simple mind this was never a tool to help track FP, but make it easier to contribute. So how does this differs from typing in a swap thread : Inno. That's all I type, and if I were to use the attachment it pretty much tell the same story, it will also show the progress of my GB. Perhaps making it more interesting to put in some FP. Certainly lower the bar.

if you don't track manually you have no way of knowing how many were added
But you're already tracking your FP today, it doesn't change. And frankly people that cheat their guild mates, are not teamplayers and shouldn't be in a guild. Never experienced it myself, and I in my world people like that would be few and far apart.

Dope heads that don't pay attention to when a GB is close to leveling and throw in a little bit of extra "cos it's in the bar", those people are much more common where I come from, and this visual graphic may help kick their one brain cell into working. Might being the optimistic word here ;)

DeletedUser8404

if you don't track manually you have no way of knowing how many were added.
Even if they froze it after posting, you'd still have no way of tracking strictly by the total points on the GB. Someone else could have come in and added points. If that happens to be the same number as the thread, you would still have been cheated out of points, only you wouldn't even know it. The only ways to be 100% certain that you're getting all your points are to either keep track of everyone's totals each time you post, or to go back through every last swap thread you've posted in and total up all the points.

Long story short, any supposed safety offered by tracking how many points were on the GB when you posted is partial at best, and should not be relied on.

ZENA

Marquis
I like the idea. but ...

it's NOT an attachment. please dont mislead people with that word. what you are doing is posting a link. an attachment suggests you write a message and then attach a link, which is NOT the case at all. its a bit annoying to have to post the link and message separately. this would be annoying for swap threads, where you post a link, and then type message, but before you post the message someone else posts to the swap thread.

I especially look forward to the trade offer feature. but I also agree with others. there's SO MUCH other stuff that would be much much more useful to have. like GvG that worked. use the elvenar trade system to show fair/unfair trades. memory leaks ...

i agree its not a attachment but its a bbcode
and i ask so many time when can this get done ? as in grepelis u can use bbcodes. Very effective