• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback [Feedback] - Great Building message attachments

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

Andi47

Overlord
@Zarok Dai Any news when this feature will be released on Android and iPhone? As long as this new feature is not available on mobile app, only half of the guild is seeing the messages. Therefore there is still (almost) nobody using it in our guild.

BTW: There are quite a few nice suggestions (e.g. automatically adding a text giving the current status of the posted GB as of the posting time) in this thread - any comments from the mods?

DeletedUser

@Zarok Dai Any news when this feature will be released on Android and iPhone?

Should be available on app with the update on the 11th.

BTW: There are quite a few nice suggestions (e.g. automatically adding a text giving the current status of the posted GB as of the posting time) in this thread - any comments from the mods?

I'm passing along all of the ideas, but I do not have any updates at the moment as to what is being considered. When I know more I will let you all know.

DeletedUser8341

Should be available on app with the update on the 11th.
iOS / AppStore, UK
The update uploaded in-game without a problem (for the first time in a month).

Thank you for the "tiny testing note" in your announcement. It helped and is worth repeating every time something will appear on browser ahead of the app, and any ramifications.

You can also add a message:
msgatt3.png

I can't get that to work on the app. I only seem to have an option to send the attachment and can't work out how to have both text and the attachment in a single message.

thephantom

Emperor
InnoGames
I can't get that to work on the app. I only seem to have an option to send the attachment and can't work out how to have both text and the attachment in a single message.
That is not a single message. It's an attachment link to a GB, plus a message written after it. You can see the times/sender info on both of them in the bottom right corner.

DeletedUser8341

That is not a single message. It's an attachment link to a GB, plus a message written after it. You can see the times/sender info on both of them in the bottom right corner.
Ah, I see, thank you. I now assume that part of the announcement was just put in to quell the potential grumbles of not being able to message other people along with posting an attachment.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser8341

One major way I see the GB attachments being used is in FP swap threads. On such threads, it would be more helpful if the amount of FP donated at the time never changed.

At the moment
Player 1 posts his ToB to have 5FP. His ToB shows 300/380
Player 2 adds 5 FP to the ToB. Player 1's ToB now shows 305/380 on all posts, everywhere.
Player 2 posts his LoA to have 5FP. His LoA shows 65/290
Player 1 adds 5 FP to the LoA. Player 2's LoA now shows 70/290 on all posts, everywhere.
Player 1 posts his ToB to have 5FP. His ToB shows 305/380​

This is problematic. It doesn't make anything worse than it has been for a long time but doesn't help, either. On swap threads there is always the potential for cheating:
Player 2 cheats and does not add 5 FP to the ToB. Player 1's ToB still shows 300/380 on all posts, everywhere.
Player 1 adds 5 FP to the LoA. Player 2's LoA now shows 70/290 on all posts, everywhere.
Players can not generally recall every detail of every GB (in every world). Spot-checks help but there are cheats (and the clumsy) out there. By keeping the donation/level requirement fixed at the time of posting, the incidences of fraud/error will dramatically reduce. So:
Player 2 cheats and does not add 5 FP to the ToB. Player 1's ToB still shows 300/380 on the previous post.
Player 1 adds 5 FP to the LoA.
Player 1 posts his ToB to have 5FP. His ToB shows 300/380. Immediately, it is clear that Player 2 did not add 5FP because the ToB should be at 300+5=305.

DeletedUser7454

not sure if was already pointed out but it is a bit cumbersome to write longer messages as the attachment button covers part of the text. Would be nice if either the button is separate from the text box where we write or make the text avoiding the button area

also it would be nice if we could attach someones else GB - if that would be possible

DeletedUser8341

not sure if was already pointed out but it is a bit cumbersome to write longer messages as the attachment button covers part of the text. Would be nice if either the button is separate from the text box where we write or make the text avoiding the button area
It just occurred to me that you can't have both text and an attachment in the same post. So, as soon (so long as) there is a single character in the message box, the attach button can be removed from view entirely. Simples!

jtrucker

Baronet
Let me explain then :).
Pricing differences between mobile and browser are a direct result of different fees that we - as a company - have to pay to the other companies that provide the payment platforms. Those fees are considerably higher on mobile than on browser, hence the difference. We're not making more money per payment from mobile than we make from browser.
I can guarantee that we'll be very happy if you decide to make any payments from any platform :).

Hope this explains everything.

Oh, thanks for the explanation (and yeah, I know it doesn't belong in this thread, sorry, won't be long:) )
So I understand it now (and I will share it with my guildies on live servers). Might be more clear though if the amount of diamonds was the same and the price different with the transaction fee marked - after all, it is just graphic text, so there could be anything, couldn't it? e.g. 100 diam = $10 + 2.50 trans fee on mobile and 100 diam = $10 + 1.50 trans fee on PC (I made up the numbers, just as an example of course). Then it will be clear rather than the same amount of money with different amount of diamonds purchased, which really looks like ripping off the mobile users by you.

Anyway, thanks again for the explanation.

jtrucker

Baronet
also it would be nice if we could attach someones else GB - if that would be possible

NO NO NO... Never. I do not want anyone posting my GBs for any reason (good or evil), period. They (the posters) might really have the best of intentions and they might want to help, but there could be many reasons why I don't post particular GB in swapping threads and those "good samaritans" might unintentionally screw it up. I understand that it could help some players, but it could harm some others. So best leave it to each their own.

DeletedUser8341

Would be nice to move that button outside the writing box; after some days of use in the live worlds, I feel very unconfortable when the text goes under the button or I have to use the scrollbar...

bLVTw61.png

PPkiFZl.png
...you can't have both text and an attachment in the same post. So, as soon (so long as) there is a single character in the message box, the attach button can be removed from view entirely.
Unless there is an intention to expand the message ability and have text and attachment in the same post, there really is no advantage to having the button showing once text entry has started (unless all text is deleted).
Indeed, it sends the wrong signal having it sitting there at all - it either should become grey (to indicate that it can not be used) or even easier, just removed it from view.

DeletedUser

One major way I see the GB attachments being used is in FP swap threads. On such threads, it would be more helpful if the amount of FP donated at the time never changed.

At the moment
Player 2 adds 5 FP to the ToB. Player 1's ToB now shows 305/380 on all posts, everywhere.
Player 1 posts his ToB to have 5FP. His ToB shows 305/380​

This is problematic. It doesn't make anything worse than it has been for a long time but doesn't help, either. On swap threads there is always the potential for cheating:
Player 2 cheats and does not add 5 FP to the ToB. Player 1's ToB still shows 300/380 on all posts, everywhere.
Players can not generally recall every detail of every GB (in every world). Spot-checks help but there are cheats (and the clumsy) out there. By keeping the donation/level requirement fixed at the time of posting, the incidences of fraud/error will dramatically reduce. So:
Player 2 cheats and does not add 5 FP to the ToB. Player 1's ToB still shows 300/380 on the previous post.
Player 1 adds 5 FP to the LoA.
Player 1 posts his ToB to have 5FP. His ToB shows 300/380. Immediately, it is clear that Player 2 did not add 5FP because the ToB should be at 300+5=305.

they could introduce a fp swap message as new feature

it will started with a number (amount of FP)
when a player posts his GB it will automatically donate the x FP to the previous GB
(only GBs can be posted. no text messages)

a player can't post if he has less than x FP in bar and inventory

no cheating possible.
no collision possible.

who has a better solution ?

jtrucker

Baronet
they could introduce a fp swap message as new feature

it will started with a number (amount of FP)
when a player posts his GB it will automatically donate the x FP to the previous GB
(only GBs can be posted. no text messages)

a player can't post if he has less than x FP in bar and inventory

no cheating possible.
no collision possible.

who has a better solution ?

It is really cool and would be awesome, but I'm not sure how "easy" would be to program something like that. I can see a lot of possible collisions which would be quite difficult to take care of by the software - for example this scenario:
I'm 19 FPs short of next level of GB. I post message in 10 FP swap. But my friend got some extra fps lying around and (AFTER I post it) without reading the swap he/she gives me 10 fp just as a gift.. (or there is reward position still available and he/she makes "investment" of FPs top get the reward), so suddendly I have only 9 fps short of level but my 10 fp swap message is already posted.... next player wants to post 10 fp and if he does what then? You cannot add more FPs then up to the next level and more importantly you do NOT WANT to level someone's else GBs (double collection...), right? So right here is a collision which would have to have way too many software checks to prevent. Yes, doable, but way too complicated. And I believe there could be more different scenarios...

So yes, it is very nice idea, but I don't think it is feasible to program it so it will work smoothly.