• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Daily Challenges

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

DeletedUser8341

or you can plan better and collect the daily productions directly after collecting LOA and RAH
While there is some little thing to what you say, I think you missed the point or are fixated on the way that you play (it sounds like you set all your collections for 24 hours, something Inno are clearly trying to break up).
Opened up DC today and found 83 X 5 min production. ... This amount of productions is also making the LOA and RAH redundant as any benefits you get from them are taken up by the 5 min productions.
LoA boost the first 40 collections.
RAH boosts the first 75 collections.
Boosting 5-minute productions is next to worthless and it doesn't even matter if they are at level 100.

The opportunity for most players to perfectly time things every day, week after week, just does not exist for most. Most people have a life outside of Forge of Empires, as treacherous as that may seem. This means that collecting things on perfect timing is not possible. Those with a flexible day who can get on several times a day will usually set productions to maximise what they can get, often an 8-hour, 8-hour, 4-hour schedule if they can make it. Logging on multiple times per day and being engaged with the game is - paradoxically - what your ideal solution discourages.

Whichever way one looks at it, the effect of this kind of task is generally harmful to game-play.

DeletedUser4381

or you can plan better and collect the daily productions directly after collecting LOA and RAH

:rolleyes:

I used to plan mine to be collected multiple times a day for maximum boosts... 2x8hr + 1x4hr cycle. Gives me full bonus on all collections, and is the most efficient way to get the bonus applied. (Because coin/supplies buildings are rarely plundered, as a rule.)

I've stopped now though, because getting a whole bunch of 5m/15m/1h productions kills the bonus given by the GB - and I'm tempted to outright nuke the LA/RAH GBs now. That way I could dedicate the space to adding yet more blacksmiths.

DeletedUser8528

I have found that playing the daily challenges has pushed me too far on the map and now my map is an era ahead of my tech tree level. As a result I am stuck in the current special event quest. I'm not a fighter so I Only do the map when I have a quest. In my other 2 worlds I didn't have this problem. The only difference seems to be the daily quests. Therefore I believe participating in the daily event caused the imbalance.

housemouse

Squire
Why continually fighting and aquirering sectors?
Sorry, but that annoys. And then only a consolation price - every time. :(
Daily_Challange_11Okt.jpg

LadyHecate

Marquis
Why continually fighting and aquirering sectors?
Because you have unconquered Sectors that have already been Scouted! If you don't have any unconquered sectors, i.e. you need to Scout a new Province in order to unlock some more, then the Challenges will not give you the Acquire X Sectors challenge.

WillyWuff17

Squire
Because you have unconquered Sectors that have already been Scouted! If you don't have any unconquered sectors, i.e. you need to Scout a new Province in order to unlock some more, then the Challenges will not give you the Acquire X Sectors challenge.

Yes, but with all the Events or Historical Questlines which require scouting, conquering, controlling in diffrent orders this is hard to avoid.
For me the DCs do not harm with the Events very well.
Today I have to win 10 battles. GE is completed as far as it is unlocked (3 levels), NB is too strong for me so there would only be the Map and this would mean to loose even more sectors/provinces. 10 Battles in the map will cost a lot of sectors. I will ignore my DC-Quest today.
Btw, I am in the mid of the Event and I am sure I need another province for this as well.

DeletedUser8489

I have found that playing the daily challenges has pushed me too far on the map and now my map is an era ahead of my tech tree level. As a result I am stuck in the current special event quest. I'm not a fighter so I Only do the map when I have a quest. In my other 2 worlds I didn't have this problem. The only difference seems to be the daily quests. Therefore I believe participating in the daily event caused the imbalance.
Very correct. The DCs and the Questlines are now specifically designed to force the players to move forward via 'fight or conquer' and/or 'tech tree' into higher levels. This is the result of a change in game policy by Inno. We, as players, have no options. If one chooses to move forward in the game only when they want to ... then they will NOT be able to participate in DCs or Questlines or Events. Period.

And it's not going to change apparently. So get used to it. Inno doesn't care to listen/respond to it's users in this matter. I have determined that I won't be allowed* to participate in these activities anymore. What a shame. I don't fight and I move forward when it's right for me** ... so it's a shame.

*yes, allowed. That is what this whole thing is boiling down to.
** these are not an option for me, so no debate.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ylisaveta

Squire
I do maybe 4 of 7 a week, because I will not do anything on the campaign map, and I will not negotiate GE. So, I don't do the DC when those things are required. I stay off my campaign map except for events. I do not do events if the quests ask me to do things that are not worth it for the rewards. All my choice.

DeletedUser7942

This is the result of a change in game policy by Inno.
That's simply just not true. Not that I've played from the beginning but I can look back on past event feedback and read the history that cmap/research/fp spending etc. has always been part of the game in events and quests. The only thing that's changed is the frequency and amount of events, quests etc. If there's any forcing here it's the same as every other game ever created, it's a force of choice. The game is not designed to be in sandbox mode and so the choices a player makes or doesn't make can have consequences. In the end it's up to you what you want to do, no one said you wouldn't be faced with choices while doing so.

DeletedUser8489

That's simply just not true. Not that I've played from the beginning but I can look back on past event feedback and read the history that cmap/research/fp spending etc. has always been part of the game in events and quests. The only thing that's changed is the frequency and amount of events, quests etc. If there's any forcing here it's the same as every other game ever created, it's a force of choice. The game is not designed to be in sandbox mode and so the choices a player makes or doesn't make can have consequences. In the end it's up to you what you want to do, no one said you wouldn't be faced with choices while doing so.

Oh boy. Once again! :(:(:mad: Despite your comments toward me I will try to be nice to you:

THAT SIMPLY IS TRUE: But I'm not going to argue this with you ... again ... and again ... and again. Many, many players here and on 'live' totally agree with me on this topic. Are they all wrong too???
But you spend so much time here and on the US forum posting replies I highly doubt you find time to even play the game enough to know what is "true" in the game or not.
SANDBOX MODE: Oh, now that is truly ... well ... juvenile!

I know you feel the need to make comments ... mostly negative ... on every post made here in this forum but sometimes it makes you look totally ridiculous. You can't force others to think and play exactly like you. So quit trying. I've explained myself in depth several times and if you still can't understand what I am saying then I really don't care.

Just consider me a totally hopeless idiot who is not worth your sage wisdom, time, and energy and go pester somebody else. Okay? Because I'm really getting tired of being spoken to like I'm an idiot. Is that clear enough?

(mods: if I get in trouble ... fine with me ... I'm tired of this)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser8543

Hello
I hardly ever finish the daily challenge
it's too hard
how can we finish 30 productions of 4 hours

Andi47

Overlord
Hello
I hardly ever finish the daily challenge
it's too hard
how can we finish 30 productions of 4 hours

Build 15 Blacksmiths - and you can finish the quest in 8 hours. (2x 4 hours in all Blacksmiths)

*sarcasm*
And yes - the game will be renamed to "Forge of Blacksmiths" soon...
*/sarcasm*

housemouse

Squire
Again a fight task. I think I will not play the day's quest anymore. I only have a few free units and a little city defense.
My strategy is trading, not fighting. Thus on the live servers many players will not solve the DC. What can be gained in 10 battles if you can only attack weak players?
Maybe a few coins, supplies and only few goods, if at all.
So please find here an alternative task. For example, pay XY coins or supplies or spend 20 goods.

Tasks that can not be created. 2500 tavern silver collection. Live maybe, but not here. Too many inactive and irregular players.

If I can't participate in quest-lines and events without developing my cities in peace, the whole game makes no sense to me anymore.
I have no fun to go into a new age, without which I have sufficient goods, supplies and space. But this is how it is at the moment.
I think I will break up completely if this continues. If Inno wants it so then that is the case.

DeletedUser8341

Tasks that can not be created. 2500 tavern silver collection. Live maybe, but not here. Too many inactive and irregular players.
I found that strange to read.

My experience is that my tavern on beta is far more likely to be filled than any of the others on live servers. Maybe that is just luck, or maybe you need to prune your friends list and rebuild.

qaccy

Emperor
This thread in a nutshell:

Group A finds tavern challenges too difficult, comes to thread to complain.
Group B finds production quests too difficult, comes to thread to complain.
Group C finds map-related quests too difficult, comes to thread to complain.

Every group is shouting together, sometimes over each other that their situation is 'worse' but I think the takeaway is that this means DCs are designed very well - to be difficult in some way to everybody, hence the 'challenge' in the name (this part in particular bears constant repeating throughout this thread). Take what you can get from them, put in however much or however little effort you want, knowing either way that there are rewards to be had for doing things that previously rewarded nothing for doing them beyond whatever the action itself provided.

Even if it's 'difficult', running (example above) 30 4-hour productions in the past would just give me 30x 4-hour supply productions. Now, with DCs, those 30x 4-hour supply productions still provide me with supplies, plus credit towards a DC reward. Same goes for all the other tasks. Instead of just collecting silver or acquiring map sectors/provinces, I now get to use those actions to work towards extra prizes. Seems pretty good to me!

DeletedUser7942

Oh boy. Once again! :(:(:mad: Despite your comments toward me I will try to be nice to you:

THAT SIMPLY IS TRUE: But I'm not going to argue this with you ... again ... and again ... and again. Many, many players here and on 'live' totally agree with me on this topic. Are they all wrong too???
But you spend so much time here and on the US forum posting replies I highly doubt you find time to even play the game enough to know what is "true" in the game or not.
SANDBOX MODE: Oh, now that is truly ... well ... juvenile!

I know you feel the need to make comments ... mostly negative ... on every post made here in this forum but sometimes it makes you look totally ridiculous. You can't force others to think and play exactly like you. So quit trying. I've explained myself in depth several times and if you still can't understand what I am saying then I really don't care.

Just consider me a totally hopeless idiot who is not worth your sage wisdom, time, and energy and go pester somebody else. Okay? Because I'm really getting tired of being spoken to like I'm an idiot. Is that clear enough?

(mods: if I get in trouble ... fine with me ... I'm tired of this)
You made a claim, I simply dispelled that claim and simply described the essential nature of gaming. Your emotionally charged response and mischaracterizations of me personally won't change that.

DeletedUser8059

Understand al that
How often should a building be available, though. Forge of Empires isn't a short-term game, it is played over years. If it becomes possible to win even one SoK per month, and all the other buildings that people would like in ratio to that, we will be swamped with buildings in our Inventories that we can never expect to have the space to construct.

Don't get me wrong, I would love to be able to win my own selection of special buildings .. but I don't want the game ruined.
I understand all that. But with the ratio so low to get a good reward there is going to a lot of peeps complain about them or not do them at all.

Like the 7 day rewards, they could change the sok and the rogue hideout, down toward the bottom so they have a 25% and 20% chance of winning them. As it is now peeps will look and say is it really worth trying to get an sok or rogue hideout at 7% and 11%. Most are going to say no. Most likely you wil lstill win the forge fps, which are a good rewards too. Especially for the low age players.

DeletedUser8152

I received the quest " visit 30 taverns ". This is the fourth time I've seen this one and the first time I was able to complete it. It is dependent on other players, so good luck. The bar is set way to high, it should be halfed. It should be a challenge, not a near impossibility.Also STAY AWAY from tach research AND the continent map. I do NOT want to be forced ahead for a daily quest line.