• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback [Feedback] Cultural Settlements

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

HannahMecoe

Merchant
Oh dear.... I keep waking at 3am and can't go back to sleep until I've collected my 4-hour productions. I can cope with the idea of skipping 4-hour cycles in the main cities, so why not here?

Logain Sedai

Baronet
Oh dear.... I keep waking at 3am and can't go back to sleep until I've collected my 4-hour productions. I can cope with the idea of skipping 4-hour cycles in the main cities, so why not here?

Same here but....

giphy-downsized.gif

DeletedUser4285

Oh noes the game is taking over your life :eek:
or has it already done that? o_O

DeletedUser9570

I think 10 coppers per shack per 4 hours is way too little to get on. You need copoers to produce axes and to unlock items, you need lots of coppers. It should be 10 coppers per 15 minutes.

DeletedUser9523

I think 10 coppers per shack per 4 hours is way too little to get on. You need copoers to produce axes and to unlock items, you need lots of coppers. It should be 10 coppers per 15 minutes.

The issue with very short production cycles is that it would force a lot more required activity on everyone, and therefore regular checking back.
Because we obviously have to balance the time bonus thresholds along the potential of an active & smart player, so with a 15-minute production cycle, it would be a requirement to use it very often, starting to stress certain people out.

However, the copper production will become a lot easier once you unlock the better buildings like the Shrine or Market.
It is a part of the challenge to optimize the economy so that you neither have too many copper coins, nor too less to keep the productions running. You have to find the perfect balance of all the available buildings. ;)

In general of course we closely watch your feedback and how well you fare. Not saying that the overall output of copper coins has to stay as it is!

DeletedUser9570

If the cycle of 15 minutes is too short you'll need to increase the number of coins per cycle. 10 is way to few. I can't even produce the axes to unlock the shrines and other buildings, that's the problem, because I haven't got the coins to do so. And I don't think you could have too many coppers.

DeletedUser7529

Since there is some confusion on the topic:
The costs of expansion depend on the number of expansion you unlock. It doesn't matter which good you have used to pay for it.

See the costs below:
View attachment 3442

To give some info on the design thoughts behind this:
The idea is that you always think whether it is worth it to stay (a bit longer) with the latest unlocked good to get additional expansions, or if you rather go along the advancements to get the next goods building (as it will be more efficient in unlocking expansions).
That's why this table is aligned in the same order as the unlocking of the different Cultural Goods buildings. :)

Once you unlock wool and clan house you only need 429 goods more to complete settlement. With 10 expansions unlocked (+4 starting ones) 5 goods buildings should be easly placed, giving 125 goods daily. Thats less than 4 days.
So buying any expansion that costs more than 41 wool to unlock (4*10.35) is pointless.

Clan house - 15 tiles + 1.5 for road => gives per tile 10.4 people + 11.5 coin per day
Market - 9 tiles + 1.5 for road + 38 people (=3.7 tiles) => gives per tile 25.7 coins per day (= 366 / (9+1.5+3.7))

Wool production - 15 tiles + 1.5 for road + 27 people (=2.6 tiles) + 500 coins /day (=19.5 tiles) => gives per tile 0.65 goods per day (25 goods per day / 38.6 tiles used)
Horn / Axe - 9 tiles + 1.5 for road + 45 people (=4.33 tiles) + 500 coins /day (=19.5 tiles) => gives per tile 0.73 /day (= 25 / 34.33)
1 expansion is worth max 10.35 wool (or 11.65 axes / horn) daily, assuming perfect terrain usage and unlocked market / clan house.

DeletedUser7529

The issue with very short production cycles is that it would force a lot more required activity on everyone, and therefore regular checking back.
Because we obviously have to balance the time bonus thresholds along the potential of an active & smart player, so with a 15-minute production cycle, it would be a requirement to use it very often, starting to stress certain people out.

However, the copper production will become a lot easier once you unlock the better buildings like the Shrine or Market.
It is a part of the challenge to optimize the economy so that you neither have too many copper coins, nor too less to keep the productions running. You have to find the perfect balance of all the available buildings. ;)

In general of course we closely watch your feedback and how well you fare. Not saying that the overall output of copper coins has to stay as it is!

Why not make diplomacy buildings work like supply production on main cities - allowing you to choose production time? It would be perfect solution for those who wants more activity and for those that checking in every 4 hours is too boring.

Another thing is diplomacy points - unlike happiness you dont need them at all, unless you have enough goods to unlock upgrades. A lot more interesting would be to have diplomacy needed at all times. It should work like forge points, ie having +50 points in diplomacy buildings would give you 50 diplomacy point per day. Awarded 1 point progress in tech tree every 28.8 minutes (=24*60/50), or calculated every hour (2.08 points given every hour).

Last edited by a moderator:

RoCoJo

Merchant
Untill now I am enjoying it. I like the puzzle-ly challenge to optimize production, the arranging and re-arranging of the viking settlement, the planning. Furthermore the visuals are lovely too

Yes, it is slow: but for the fast challenges we can use the Daily Challenge, GE, some of the events, etc. So I like the choice of the slower pace.
I don't know if it will keep me attracted but I think it's got potential.

I will see how the rewards turn out but -as I am only in Iron Age- every building giving extra FP (and other production) is welcome !

For the moment I am missing how well (or how bad) I am doing. It would be nice to get an indication if I am on track for the 21 days (or even better :p). Maybe a comparison with other people (not using diamonds) could be an idea ?

LastWarrior

Regent
I am liking it very much the main game takes up a lot of my time with now only 5 worlds this time line is fine .
The prizes in the quests really should be for the settlement though not the main game.
People would appreciate it very much even if it is only small rewards

housemouse

Squire
Well, I think that is all here a bit expandable. Especially interaction with other players is missing here completely and the city hall is
totally useless so far.
Why does not the city hall possibly spend a few copper coins and goods, depending on progress maybe. That would help something.

housemouse

Squire
I am liking it very much the main game takes up a lot of my time with now only 5 worlds this time line is fine .
The prizes in the quests really should be for the settlement though not the main game.
People would appreciate it very much even if it is only small rewards

So for prices in a world that is deleted again, I would not play, sorry that would not be right.

DeletedUser9573

What about the Yggdrasil giving Copper Coins for the Viking Settlement when a settlement is active ?

Amount of Copper could even raise with the Level of Yggdrasil making it worth building from Lv. 1 because of the benefit for the next settlement.

DeletedUser9536

Well if skilled strategic guy did it in 15 days and 15 settlement approach is 11 days to complete (which I cant check because I started settlement already...) then with 25% bonus instead of 3% he would be able to do 15 approach within around 11,5 day so it isnt possible to do it without diamonds or lot of luck with bonuses. Meaning you wont get runestone max fragments later on.

Will you get runestone fragments after 15 walkthrough? is bonus capped to 25%? is decreasing time per walkthough capped after 15th walkthrough to 11 days?

housemouse

Squire
You would use them as you get them, the last prize is a reward to keep anyway
quite clear ... no .... the price is not good enough and you probably will not reach it fully expanded if you don't use diamonds.
What I would find good if the tasks give copper coins instead coins for the main world.

DeletedUser9536

quite clear ... no .... the price is not good enough and you probably will not reach it fully expanded if you don't use diamonds.
What I would find good if the tasks give copper coins instead coins for the main world.

Propably Inno mixed vikings with native americans where for beads they were giving gold.

DeletedUser9536

and BTW building time bonus seem not to applay to settlement buildings except Mead Hall

Status
Not open for further replies.