• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback [Feedback] Cultural Settlements

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Emberguard

Emperor
Not really, if someone goes for time its much better to unlock buildings than waste diamonds on expansions. Their cost is waaay too high to what they offer (64 copper production for every 16 tiles).
Depends on how soon you buy the expansions. Early on gives you the full benefit, later in the game expansions wouldn't have the same value simply because there would be less time to complete the quest in (for the extra bonuses).

Only thing is of course you're not necessarily going to know if you'll be unable to complete until it's too late for the expansions to still be worth it. In which case yeah, bring on the tech advancements.

I am liking it very much the main game takes up a lot of my time with now only 5 worlds this time line is fine .
The prizes in the quests really should be for the settlement though not the main game.
People would appreciate it very much even if it is only small rewards
If they make settlements self contained with no prizes for the main game they might as well make it a completely separate game altogether

esoterism

Squire
Hi,
CAN WE GET ACCESS TO THE CHAT and MESSAGE SYSTEM FROM THE SETTLEMENT ?
CAN WE GET AN INDICATOR THAT an ACTION is REQUIRED in the SETTLEMENT ?
CAN WE GET ADMIN ACTION ON THIS !!
PLEASE !!
Regards,

Can we get an answer from an admin on these questions ?

FrejaSP

Viceroy
Now on day 5, I must say, I'm excited about this new settlement and look forvard til se the next ones to come, Indians, Samers, Romans etc.

It may be hard to make it in 20 days the first times without diamants but not impossible and it should be a challenge so that is all fine. People will learn how to do better the next times.

There are one thing I do not understand.. Why do people get punished for choosing 8h or 1d produktion of Goods?
Not all can get ingame at work and you already lose coints if you can't get ingame and gather your coint before you get home.
I would like to see it a little more fair so 4h = 100 coint, 8h = 200 coints and 1d = 400 coints.
It's like we are punished 2 times for having a Real Life.

I'm happy not to see any 5m, 15m, 1h produktion and I like it is slow, else I fear people would get to much stress. Event do give people stress and sometimes people choose to drop the game, when it mess up their RL to much.

I'm happy for the limit to how many expansions people can buy for Diamants as some people can't control them self and will use more RL money than they can afford, we saw that in the event with the ships, where I see players with 20+ ships.

All in all, I love this new settlement and it will add new life to the game.

housemouse

Squire
Och..... the hut brings even less copper, so there it should be at least 60 if only every 8 hours can be picked up. What use do I have the inhabitants, if I can not start the productions again? :(

Emberguard

Emperor
Och..... the hut brings even less copper, so there it should be at least 60 if only every 8 hours can be picked up. What use do I have the inhabitants, if I can not start the productions again? :(
Hmm, lets do a bit of math then

upload_2018-11-11_1-2-13.png

So, for every one Hut you get 3.47 Shrines.
9 + (3x4) = 21 Squares
Coins = 90+(180) [night(day)] + 38+(38) = 346 coins over 24 hrs assuming two lots of 4hr during the day, and everything set once over night

For every two Shacks you get 1.88 Shrines.
4(x2) + 4 = 12 squares so lets double that to get the size closer
[edit]
1.88 shrines become 3.76 shrines (12 squares)
2 shacks become 4 shacks (16 squares)
= 28 squares
[end edit]

So with 4 Shacks we get 3.76 Shrines
Coins = 90+(180) [night(day)] + 40+(80) [night(day)] = 390 coins assuming everything set once overnight, and twice during the day

BUT let's see what that difference in space does
(Shacks Version) | 390 / 28 squares = 13.92 coins per square
(Huts Version)
| 346 / 21 squares = 16.47 coins per square

Conclusion (edited)
Unless my math is wrong and without counting roads (although less roads usually means better space utilisation, bigger size means less roads), the Huts are better in coin production PROVIDING you are able to utilise all the space. You may also be collecting more of your coin productions with it being 8 hrs then if it's 4 hrs depending on your timetable. All depends on how often you're able to collect for each as to which would give a better output. But assuming you collect as much as possible for each then huts are better

So probably play it by ear a bit with regards as to where in your city the shape would be better off with a shack instead, but try to use the huts where you can if the 8hrs better suits your timetable

Last edited:

Lionhead

Baronet

More Huts --> less Shacks --> more Shrines --> more Copper

thephantom

Emperor
InnoGames
Can you spot a difference? Any explanation? The first image is taken from a browser and the second one is from the Android app.
minor? yeah!
Minor was meant for behavior differences between the two, not for bugs. What you have there is a visual issue where the button displays a wrong cost on Mobile. The actual deducted cost is still correct, and it's the one you see on browser side. :) Also not quite sure at the moment if that's already fixed in the next app version.

Since someone already did the calculations earlier in the thread - it costs 5 diamonds per missing Good, and 1 per missing Diplomacy. The behavior is similar to what you'll find in the city's Research (you use up your current goods/stock, and you buy what you're missing). That tallies up to 145 in your case (you're missing 26 Horns, and 15 Diplomacy), which is correctly shown on browser.

On mobile, you're seeing the total cost, if you didn't own any goods or didn't have any Diplomacy. However, if you were to buy that Advancement, you would only have 145 Diamonds deducted (because the action happens in the game system, where the calculation is correct). It's just the app displaying it wrongly.

DeletedUser9127

man wird nich bestraft wnn man 8 std. oder tagesproduktion wählt, die gewinnchangsan sind auch ungleich höher

Translation:
you will not be punished if you 8 hrs. or daily production chooses, the profits are also much higher

EDIT: NormaJeane - 2018-11-12 -
Please provide an English translation when you post on the Beta-forum in another language!

Last edited by a moderator:
It's very boring, too pathetic. I prefer to see publicity. Please better place the cinema next to the friends' tavern.
They keep adding games, for non-battling players, foolishness, which does not require game associated with other players. Every day more individual ... game for "mancos"

WykkenFenn

Viceroy
It's very boring, too pathetic. I prefer to see publicity. Please better place the cinema next to the friends' tavern.
They keep adding games, for non-battling players, foolishness, which does not require game associated with other players. Every day more individual ... game for "mancos"

Maybe the designers should make the game for PvPers only, make Guild membership mandatory, and delete the accounts of everyone who doesn't fight or plunder on a daily basis, or tries to play solo. No Events, nothing. Just PvP only, since Events detract from the fighting.

DeletedUser9573

I have encountered two bugs i guess:

1. In MobileVersion it says that I need 27 of a good to unlock the next Expansion. It says 27 by all 4 goods . On PC it says 27 axes, 7 Meads and 2 by the remaining Horn and Wool.

2. I had 450 Copper and started a 8h Axe Production overnight. I saw then that first 230 Copper were removed and then 220 leaving me with 0 Copper. Left the Settlement and got back still 0 Copper. And when I canceled the 8 hour production I only got 220 Copper back, so that i can't do an 8h anymore and have to go with a 4h prod.

DeletedUser

Think i´ll take a brake from this multinational forum, or start writing in danich

DeletedUser8375

I just added some clan totems and all my axes and horns disappeared? This seems to have happened several times.

Status
Not open for further replies.