• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback [Feedback] Cultural Settlements

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Miepie

Baronet
So I would like to add my two cents to this. After five days and having fulfilled 10 of the 20 tasks I have to ask Inno what is the point in this feature? There is absolutely nothing new added to the game. This settlement feature does feel like starting a new world and going through the tutorial very slow. The only thing new is the UI but that cannot be it. The awards like Yggdrasik or the rune stone is nothing spectacular. While having one event and one quest after another I do get enough of these special buildings so I won´t play for I don´t know 6-12 months to get me one of these.

I woulf like to ask Inno: when you put this on the live server pleae add a on/off switch because I won´t play this.

There doesn't need to be a switch, simply don't click the little viking boat

DeletedUser4285

perhaps someone might have mentioned this already but we could do with the crane feature when moving things about in the cultural settlements.

Emberguard

Emperor
I would like to ask Inno: when you put this on the live server pleae add a on/off switch because I won´t play this.
That already exists by not clicking the boat. Your settlement doesn't exist until you visit it

I have to ask Inno what is the point in this feature? There is absolutely nothing new added to the game. .
There have been various requests somewhat in this vein from time to time that would be incompatible with the main game

I love the settlements idea personally. But it won't be for everyone. It uses the elements from the main game yes,

perhaps someone might have mentioned this already but we could do with the crane feature when moving things about in the cultural settlements.
that would be amazing

FrejaSP

Viceroy
Maybe later, it would be possible to improve it so it is possible to see and attack / plunder others settlements.
Lets say, each kind of settlements get 20 neighbors and switch each 5 days. If your settlement is 7 days old, you vil get neightbors with 6-10 days old settlements or it could be based on how many task you have finish and how many extensions you have.
Some settlements could give more war kind of gift where other settlements will give gift that support a more peaceful playstyle.

Emberguard

Emperor
If it's a specific culture that does that, sure. Count me in. If it's all of them? I'd rather not.

Or maybe even it could be a NPC that's attacking a settlement. The game could then tell you a wave is coming and the specific troops at the specific time you need to deploy for the enemy to be defeated. Which if you fail would result in a goods production geting taken within 24 hrs

FrejaSP

Viceroy
If it's a specific culture that does that, sure. Count me in. If it's all of them? I'd rather not.

Or maybe even it could be a NPC that's attacking a settlement. The game could then tell you a wave is coming and the specific troops at the specific time you need to deploy for the enemy to be defeated. Which if you fail would result in a goods production geting taken within 24 hrs
I do know, some hate PvP (player vs player) but we are also some who dislike PvE (player vs environment)
I love PvP as you never know how a real person will act. I don't like fighting a piece of program code, it's boring.
FoE do have a fine balance, where we can do a little PvP without ruin non PvP'ers game. Yes you can get looted but only one building and only if you are to slow to havest.
I don't believe we need more limit to PvP, just keep it so balanced as possible.

Logain Sedai

Baronet
Do we get points for ranking in the cultural settlements ? I guess the final rewards (the tree and the runestone) do bring some points, but possibly not for the other buildings and actions since they are temporary.

I tried to look at my own points, but I can't figure it out. Anyone would know the anwer to my question ?
Thanks

thephantom

Emperor
InnoGames
I tried to look at my own points, but I can't figure it out. Anyone would know the anwer to my question ?
Thanks
What points are we talking about? Ranking points? If so, then yes, the buildings on the Settlement ground will not provide any. The buildings you win and use in the main city (like Yggdrasil), should provide ranking points.

Emberguard

Emperor
I do know, some hate PvP (player vs player) but we are also some who dislike PvE (player vs environment)
I love PvP as you never know how a real person will act. I don't like fighting a piece of program code, it's boring.
FoE do have a fine balance, where we can do a little PvP without ruin non PvP'ers game. Yes you can get looted but only one building and only if you are to slow to havest.
I don't believe we need more limit to PvP, just keep it so balanced as possible.

aww.... but PvE would be something different :p I like PvP too, but it's enough of a challenge already in the first settlement without it. And as long as they keep PvP in the main game I have no quarrels with giving others a safe haven from it in settlements. (especially given this is a side thing not the main game)

DeletedUser9263

I think the boat should work Like the tavern. When you go on to somebodies city and click the ship it should show the settlement that is being constructed (the tavern works the same way as far as clicking on the building and seeing the players tavern).
1. that would be cool :)
2. It would allow us to see and learn from other peoples setups (because that's what FoE is all about, having fun and copying other peoples setup ideas!)

DeletedUser9536

i have a question - suggeston
while building settlements it was said i can build each settlement multiple times
so if every time i would have to spent 2k diamonds for 4 expansions - thats honestly stupid.
but if i buy those expansions and everytime i want to recreate settlement i already have 4 diamond expansions - thats fair then.

But in case wheni have to buy expansions everytime then 500 diamonds per expansion is way way to much o n live serwers.
in this second case i suggest 100 or 50 diamond price for expansion - its more down to earth then current price

I really liked this feature but when you get into details is not so good. Kepping in mind huge diamond cost for expansion and that I as many else refuse to get up in night I assume walkthroughs 10-15 will be extremly hard to be accoplished in time to get 6 fragments of runestone. Also it will require luck which is even worse. Also if we consider that we need 15 fragments of runestone multiply by 6 levels of it we need 90 runestone fragmets to have one runestone. With all above it means that even dedicated player will get later on only 2 fragments per run (wlkthrough 10+) which will take him around 12 days. So 45 runthroughs times 12 days means 1,5 year for fully blown runestone which is no go for almost anyone. Make premium expansions for settlement pernament or lower cost signifently or dont cap bonus for goods at 25% or most of us wont play it. (except main reward if anything)

BTW removing cap for bonus for goods will be similiar to GB graph. walkthroughs 1-15 bonus increase bonus but it is harder overall(GB 1-10). walkthoughs 15+ cap time, dont cap bonus getting easier with each walkthrough(GB 11-45)

DeletedUser

I just spent 2 days getting enough axes to open the hut, but in order to open it I had to spend 175 diamonds AND it took my axes and mead. I play on mobile - is this a bug?

No. When you use diamonds it takes the goods you have and makes up the difference in goods and diplomacy with diamonds.

Status
Not open for further replies.