• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback [Feedback] Cultural Settlements

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser8947

Collected the copper coins from my settlement which resulted in exactly 600 total coins. I have 6 cultural goods buildings which I hoped to put all to 4 hour cycle. However, when I wanted to start the 6th it did not allow me to do it although it showed 100 remaining coins in the status bar. Went back to my city and when I returned to the settlement it showed 0 there. It's like 100 coins disappeared into thin air. Anyone else seen something similar? Might be a bug perhaps but I'm not going to report it before I see it again or someone else confirms it, too.

Emberguard

Emperor
4 shacks and 3 shrines is 7*4=28 not 24 not taking into account roads where it will be even worse for shacks.
Thankyou for the correction, you're right. I must have taken the pre-doubling part for the shrines when adding up squares.

So shacks + shrines have a 13.92 output
While huts + shrines have a 16.47 output

DeletedUser8746

I just spent 2 days getting enough axes to open the hut, but in order to open it I had to spend 175 diamonds AND it took my axes and mead. I play on mobile - is this a bug?

DeletedUser8746

General feedback:
1. The settlement is too monochromatic, white, dull and overall visually unappealing.
2. The tutorial needs to be improved to better explain the game, I’m in AF in my main game and if I’m confused by how to play it then there’s a problem.
3. It shouldn’t be so slow for a new game. 4 and 8 hours to wait is a long time, especially when you’re learning it. Perhaps 1 hr productions would keep interest.
4. Overall it’s boring.

I’m a quest-driven player, and if this mini-game of quests is boring me, then I think that’s a problem. I’m disappointed overall.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Some notes on efficiency comparisons being made:
1) it is worth considering disconnected residences - their copper production being largely insignificant compared to shrines you can save on road tiles and work around impediments easier by doing so at times.
2) gains are not *that* significant - a table that uses 5 4 hrs a day or 3 8 hrs a day for markets (half-road included, numbers are per expansion's worth of space) : upload_2018-11-10_18-44-51.png
Shrines are a huge jump. Huts are significant in saving space from population. Most things are very much neutral. Markets in particular the only real advantage is going to be either if it fits better in your layout or if you can handle 8 hr cycles better than 4 hr cycles - it's fairly far in though so it's kind of too late to make 8 hr a real alternative to the exercise revolving around your ability to login every 4 hrs.
3) From the above table you can see you're already over half done by the time you've unlocked the last good (wool). It's highly questionable whether any increases in efficiency after that point are going to be worthwhile (i haven't bothered to run the numbers yet).

FrejaSP

Viceroy
[QUOTE = "FrejSP, Beitrag: 70736, Mitglied: 8726"] Nun muss ich an Tag 5 sagen, ich freue mich an diese neue Siedlung und freue mich an die nächsten, Indianer, Samers, Römer usw.

Es ist schwierig, es ist in 20 Tagen zum ersten Mal ohne Diamanten zu schaffen, aber nicht unmöglich und es sollte eine Herausforderung sein, damit alles in Ordnung ist. Die Menschen werden lernen, das nächste Mal besser zu machen.

Es gibt eine Sache, die ich nicht verstehe. Warum werden die Leute dafür, die 8-Stunden- oder 1-D-Produktion von Waren wählen?
Nicht alle können bei der Arbeit erhalten werden.
Ich möchte es etwas fairer sehen, auch 4h = 100 Coint, 8h = 200 Coint und 1d = 400 Coint.
Es ist, als würden wir zwei Mal für ein echtes Leben bestraft.

Ich bin froh, keine 5m, 15m, 1h Produktion, und ich mag es langsam, sonst fürchte ich, die Leute würden zu viel Stress bekommen. Das Ereignis gibt den Leuten Stress und manchmal entscheiden sich die Leute, das Spiel zu fallen, wenn ihr RL zu sehr durcheinander geraten.

Ich bin froh, wie viele Erweiterungen die Leute für Diamants kaufen können. Das haben wir bei den Schiffen gesehen, mit denen ich mit 20+ schiffen.

Alles in allem liebe ich diese neue Siedlung und sie wird dem Spiel neues Leben einhauchen.

If you want to quote me, don't translate me to other language first as it may not be very successful as english is my second language.
I people want it translated to a different language, they can do it them self.

Here is my quote without being messed up of translate:

Now on day 5, I must say, I'm excited about this new settlement and look forvard til se the next ones to come, Indians, Samers, Romans etc.

It may be hard to make it in 20 days the first times without diamants but not impossible and it should be a challenge so that is all fine. People will learn how to do better the next times.

There are one thing I do not understand.. Why do people get punished for choosing 8h or 1d produktion of Goods?
Not all can get ingame at work and you already lose coints if you can't get ingame and gather your coint before you get home.
I would like to see it a little more fair so 4h = 100 coint, 8h = 200 coints and 1d = 400 coints.
It's like we are punished 2 times for having a Real Life.

I'm happy not to see any 5m, 15m, 1h produktion and I like it is slow, else I fear people would get to much stress. Event do give people stress and sometimes people choose to drop the game, when it mess up their RL to much.

I'm happy for the limit to how many expansions people can buy for Diamants as some people can't control them self and will use more RL money than they can afford, we saw that in the event with the ships, where I see players with 20+ ships.

All in all, I love this new settlement and it will add new life to the game.

Mr.Quib

Squire
I

2. I had 450 Copper and started a 8h Axe Production overnight. I saw then that first 230 Copper were removed and then 220 leaving me with 0 Copper. Left the Settlement and got back still 0 Copper. And when I canceled the 8 hour production I only got 220 Copper back, so that i can't do an 8h anymore and have to go with a 4h prod.

Collected the copper coins from my settlement which resulted in exactly 600 total coins. I have 6 cultural goods buildings which I hoped to put all to 4 hour cycle. However, when I wanted to start the 6th it did not allow me to do it although it showed 100 remaining coins in the status bar. Went back to my city and when I returned to the settlement it showed 0 there. It's like 100 coins disappeared into thin air. Anyone else seen something similar? Might be a bug perhaps but I'm not going to report it before I see it again or someone else confirms it, too.
I had the same, also with population disappearing, this is fixed by refreshing the game.

DeletedUser5955

i have a question - suggeston
while building settlements it was said i can build each settlement multiple times
so if every time i would have to spent 2k diamonds for 4 expansions - thats honestly stupid.
but if i buy those expansions and everytime i want to recreate settlement i already have 4 diamond expansions - thats fair then.

But in case wheni have to buy expansions everytime then500 diamonds per expansion is way way to much o n live serwers.
in this second case i suggest 100 or 50 diamond price for expansion - its more down to earth then current price

Emberguard

Emperor
upload_2018-11-11_20-26-17.png
upload_2018-11-11_20-30-32.png
upload_2018-11-11_20-31-26.png
upload_2018-11-11_20-33-0.png

welp.... look like I'll be doing horns, horns, horns,
then axes, axes, axes, axes.
And finishing it off with a bunch of mead

Last edited:
I'd like to suggest a PAUSE feature for the settlements.
The amount of time available to complete the settlement and get the top prize is plenty if you have continuous internet access all day long, as demonstrated by one of the Inno team doing it in 15 days, but some of us have work patterns that make it literally impossible to do.
I work a 24hr shift with no internet access one day in three, so by doing the same tactic as was done to achieve that 15 day total would take me 22.5 days.
If the settlement could be paused, halting all production as well as the countdown timer, then anybody in my position of having long work days without access could still complete it for the top prize. If you're 2 hours into a production cycle when you have to leave for work, just press pause before you go and unpause it when you return to still be that same 2 hours into your production run with no game time elapsed since you left. After all, if we can work out the best strategies for quick completion and are willing to log in as often possible, why shouldn't we have the opportunity to win the same prize as somebody who doesn't have to work?
By using a pause feature it would take us longer to finish the settlement and get the prize, but at least it would be possible for us to do it.

DeletedUser

that is cheating
people sleep 8-10 hours

the pause the game and then do in that time two times the 4 hour production

with pausing people could easily do 6 times 4 hour production in 24 hour countdown time

where is the challenge of a time limit then ?

By using a pause feature it would take us longer to finish the settlement and get the prize, but at least it would be possible for us to do it.
you can finish the settlement in any time

and the speed rewards are not for people who pause best

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
I think such a calculation can only make everyone for themselves. I have quite different costs like you.

The precise goods are different for each person, but the total is the same afaik, and the efficiency of any given good is about the same (the bigger goods buildings have lower population requirements to offset their size)

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
I'd like to suggest a PAUSE feature for the settlements.

If there is a pause feature it should be for 24 hours at the minimum - so you can take a longer break for vacation or if you know, you will have a (few) busy day(s).

Could work like that:
If paused, you are forced out of the settlement immediately and only can enter again 24 hours later at the earliest (maybe put a timer on the ship). All timers in the settlement will pause until you revisit the settlement.

Miepie

Baronet
I've been playing this feature and the way it looks, it can be done within the 21 days time limit without spending a single diamond. Yes, it's a bit slow but hey, remember that we are playing Forge of Empires, not Forge of Cultural Settlements. It would be a bad thing if this feature would take too much daily playtime away from the main game. It will take months to get anything decent from it, true. But in the end the active players will end up with more than they need while the less active players keep complaining it doesn't give enough. But all it costs is a few coins and supplies and a few minutes a day, even if you can't do it within the given time limit, you'll still be getting more than you're paying, just by collecting mission rewards probably. Ofcoure some finetuning would be nice, for one, I've noticed te incidents tend to be all gone after a visit to the vikings, and sometimes strange things happen with the amount of viking goods and currency, needing a refresh, but not a bad addition. Especially for the fanatic farmers, can't be plundered. I only hope next settlement wil be drastically different, maybe total focus on military or something like that. So you'd really get a choice.

p.s. and no, it should not get features to make it easier for less active players. Everybody can finish it in their own time, those extra rewards are rewards for putting in the extra efford

indian20

Steward
So I would like to add my two cents to this. After five days and having fulfilled 10 of the 20 tasks I have to ask Inno what is the point in this feature? There is absolutely nothing new added to the game. This settlement feature does feel like starting a new world and going through the tutorial very slow. The only thing new is the UI but that cannot be it. The awards like Yggdrasik or the rune stone is nothing spectacular. While having one event and one quest after another I do get enough of these special buildings so I won´t play for I don´t know 6-12 months to get me one of these.

I woulf like to ask Inno: when you put this on the live server pleae add a on/off switch because I won´t play this.

Status
Not open for further replies.