• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback [Feedback] Cultural Settlements

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Devilsangel

Baronet
Well if skilled strategic guy did it in 15 days and 15 settlement approach is 11 days to complete (which I cant check because I started settlement already...) then with 25% bonus instead of 3% he would be able to do 15 approach within around 11,5 day so it isnt possible to do it without diamonds or lot of luck with bonuses. Meaning you wont get runestone max fragments later on.

Will you get runestone fragments after 15 walkthrough? is bonus capped to 25%? is decreasing time per walkthough capped after 15th walkthrough to 11 days?

The shortest goal is to complete in 21 day so that's 6 days more than a skilled stratigic player spent on it

DeletedUser

The shortest goal is to complete in 21 day

No, thats just for the first settlement, i just started the second, and i have 20 day´s 7 hours and 15 min
(the 15 min might be between 10 and 15 min, didnt see the time right at the start)

DeletedUser9523

To clear this up:
My dear colleague took 15 days for the first playthrough that demanded 21 days for all bonusses.

If he would have done the last playthrough, he would have had less time (10,5 days as you already pointed out), but he would also have been a lot faster due to the higher Cultural Goods production bonus!

Of course we playtested the last playthroughs as well. It is a bit harder, but doable. It's definitely the case that the factor of luck becomes more important on later playthroughs.

DeletedUser8946

When does this go live on the servers? Any dates?
After or before winter event?
Thx

DeletedUser

Of course we playtested the last playthroughs as well. It is a bit harder, but doable. It's definitely the case that the factor of luck becomes more important on later playthroughs

Will the time be 10,5 days if/when we play through the 16th time, or will the time reset?

Another question of tropic:
We now have VF 2 on beta, we have the vikings, we have a winter event, and in the video they said that VF 3 is close….
VF2 on live when :) ?

DeletedUser9523

Will the time be 10,5 days if/when we play through the 16th time, or will the time reset?

From the 15th playthrough onwards, the time bonus thresholds, as well as the bonus production chance will remain the same. So both are capped. :)

DeletedUser9536

From the 15th playthrough onwards, the time bonus thresholds, as well as the bonus production chance will remain the same. So both are capped. :)

As you said it will be very difficoult and not doable for ones not spending diamonds and not in game on time for 10,5 days each day. For my taste bonus should not be capped so at least for ones staburn to go through say 30 walkthroughs it will be possible to do 10,5 days each time onward. Many say they won't play this feature because boring so ones that doeas it 30 times could be awarded.

thephantom

Emperor
InnoGames
and BTW building time bonus seem not to applay to settlement buildings except Mead Hall
Not sure what "time bonus" you're referring to, but if you mean the construction/build time decrease that can be acquired with a higher Guild level or by using a boost in Friend's Tavern, then yes - that will not apply to any building in Settlements (including the Mead Hall).

Boosts you have active in the City will not transfer/apply to Settlements.

DeletedUser9583

I appreciate having a new way to play FoE. I love that part of the CS game in game experience. However, I have to agree with many of those who have posted before me, it is far too slow.

DeletedUser9534

You don't need to pay expansions with diamonds if you don't wish too.
The impediments are here to make things a bit trickier and in fact, imo the whole feature is not meant to be too easy and finished too fast.

As others have said, this is not going to be to the taste of everybody, but those who like a challenge and something new this is a very welcomed addition to the game.
Also, remember that it is the beginning and that it probably seems harder because we have to find out things by ourselves, contrary to the main cities where most of us can benefit from the experience of others.

Good day to all

I agree in some points, but wish to add my additional thoughts. I am trying out the Vikings for the second day, and it was exactly what I thought, what was written before: that it would be a good idea, removing the impediments for getting some whatsoever resources. (Metal, stone, snow, coins...) Doing something friendly with the whale and getting diplomacy therefore.
And this answer says: Life is hard, the game must be harder. Unless some people will be bored.

Why say "No" to a good idea?
The game is full of challenges: Expedition, Guildwars, Events, Quests... And what if somebody has seven cities and wants Yggdrasil for all seven... OMG!

Let's just help the developer making this interesting feature (Vikings, Egyptians, native Africans, Marsians, whatever) more delightful for all types of gamers in the future. Enjoy and relax.
Also for those with the tiny smartphone displays and the ones enjoying the creation of a beautiful village over and over again. Even if it is lost afterwards.

DeletedUser9536

Not sure what "time bonus" you're referring to, but if you mean the construction/build time decrease that can be acquired with a higher Guild level or by using a boost in Friend's Tavern, then yes - that will not apply to any building in Settlements (including the Mead Hall).

Boosts you have active in the City will not transfer/apply to Settlements.

yes this is what I meant and my understanding is bonuses dont applay to settlement buildings, that why I am suprized that in research I have 7:46:40 build time for Mead Hall.

DeletedUser5779

It would be nice if the Viking ship would glow if your building were ready to collect from. I spend a lot of time hopping back and forth with 5 minutes to go on the goods. I could be doing more GE or something at that time.

DeletedUser7951

The city zooms in when coming back from the settlement. Drives me nuts. Agree on the suggestion the boat could glow or have some symbol when there's action to be done in the settlement

thephantom

Emperor
InnoGames
yes this is what I meant and my understanding is bonuses dont applay to settlement buildings, that why I am suprized that in research I have 7:46:40 build time for Mead Hall.
That is the defined time for the Mead Hall. :) It may not be a rounded up hour, but it's not boosted.

DeletedUser9123

You lose a lot of copper in the overnight all buildings should be able to run at 8 hours as this is a timed scenario. While I can pay an extra 30 copper to set my good for 8 hours at 230 copper. Im also losing the copper I would have collected from my 10 shacks and 7 shrines being 310 copper if I skip a 4 hour collection. Neither the shacks or the shrines can be independent of one another to start another good right now in my 9 open spaces. Two goods buildings cost too much to support yet till I do gain more space. I did spend 500 diamonds on an expansion as its a long wait to get started on a new thing, but probably would not on main. I bought 2 axe expansions, got 1 mead last night and another this morning. Figure to get another with the mead then maybe try to open next good keeping expansions cheaper. This is all on the fly.. yesterday I had thought to have 2 goods buildings which as said above was a failure of not enough coin..I prefer GVG to building ... Once the newness goes away I doubt highly my commitment to picking up copper every 4 hours and figuring out new city layouts over and over again, decorating is not my thing. This needs some tweeks. It reminds me of Pioneer Trail on Face book years ago. You started off shoot cities out of a main one in different screens.

The roads are also hard to see. Plz be aware of old people have bad eyesight :)
especially those of us who wear tri-focals:confused:

DeletedUser9123

Not sure if it has been mentioned, but to spice things up - have either events or NPC raids triggered by events - the village would have stock IA vikings - then able to build a warrior barracks

May or may not be practical if the village is wiped out every time - my suggestion is that the people keep what they built and just present new challenges to upgrade the grand prize

DeletedUser8947

Can you spot a difference? Any explanation? The first image is taken from a browser and the second one is from the Android app.
desktop.jpg mobile.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.