• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback [Feedback] Changelog 1.60 - Part #2 - The New Messaging System

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

DeletedUser6195

I realy don't like the new system.
i think you just can't convert all messages to group messages.
i can't see who wrote the last comment in the mail,
please convert back to the old mail system, and concentrate on the real bugs.

2nd that !!

agramer66

Steward
Is it really so important to make cosmetic changes in the game? Message sistem was good as it was, why change it? And at least change it for better, not this ridiculous, shiny, annoying joke of a mesage box...
If you have time and money to change things in the game, why not change something that matters? Main servers have problems again and again (at least german servers, where I play, I don't know if other work better, but I doubt it....), GvG isgetting worse after every stupid change that almost always went wrong way (not being able to let the last sector free, much too cheap sieges at the beginning, much too expensive later on, not being able to choose an era for Observatorium/Atomium, not being able to exchange goods in guild treasury for goods from another era...to name just a few illogical and annoying features) and that could be changed back or even improved if you're bored and have resources, leave stuff that works as it is...
As it seems, everybody seems to agree new messaging sistem is no good, I'm really interested if it changes something, or is it just gonna be one more in long tradition of Inno's insultingly ignorant actions wher they ask our opinion, and then go and do what they want...

DeletedUser3411

i realy dont like it. i think i quit reading them. its a mess and looks verry bad

Gamer2412

Merchant
I would also like to share my opinion.

First: I like the new design.

What is better:
* The natural order of the messages (Older messages first).
* All messages (written and received) are in a single message box.

What could be improved:
* Add a topic to each message. Without topic it is no messaging system but more a chat. I need the topic to sort my messages.
* Don't mix up messages with different topics. I have different conversations with the same people with different topics.

Because I'm new to beta I don't have many messages til now and therefore will add additional feedback when I have more messages.

Vanstrodb

Farmer
The Leave Conversation feature is good for players who leave the guild and don't want to get group message updates but it cannot be the only way to delete messages. I delete messages to limit the number of messages in my mailbox, but I want to see new replies made by other players. You need to add a Delete feature in addition to the Leave Conversation feature.

DeletedUser5800

A new message system is needed so mobile users can see them. I think we can all appreciate that but after the backlash of the colour scheme, namely the brightness of the new quest windows you would have thought that would have been taken on board for the new message system. Especially as messages are probably viewed by many more times a day than quests. The new system is work in progress so I hope they take this opportunity to change the colour scheme and brightness to one that doesn't cause a strain on the eyes. Would it really be that hard for them to do? These are meant to be professional graphic artists and programmers experienced in user interface design. At the moment their efforts are looking somewhat amateurish and I know that may be taken as insulting but it is the harsh reality. Other aspects of the game also suffer from poor design when you count the number of clicks required to access certain content.

Please put some thought into the interface design and listen to the feedback given. You ignored it for the quest events please do not do the same this time. Show some humility and admit that you can do better and are capable of listening and acting positively on the negative feedback given. Learn to solve problems and not to keep repeating them again and again. Lost count of the amount of bugs that continually resurface in one form or another. Take pride in your work and let us for once be able to praise your efforts instead of this roller coaster ride of anticipation of new features that turn out to be poorly implemented.

DeletedUser5429

1. When someone leaves a conversation, you see that in your message box and don't see what the conversation is about.
So after some time your message box is full of meaningless "XXX left the conversation", and you can't find any conversation anymore

2. Changing message order (older first instead of most recent first) may be a good or bad (= easier or more difficult) thing according to players. I think some option to let people decide which order they want could be a good thing.
For my part, most recent messages first is better since you don't have to scroll down to most recent messages each time you want te read an answer.
The corollary is that this new order will demand shorter conversation leading to difficulties communicating.

DeletedUser6409

Wow! Just another patch with stuff that hardly anybody wanted or needed. Make a serious overhaul of the messagesystem as this "enhancement" really isn´t an improvement. You can leave but not delete the thread and if you leave you don´t see any new messages in the thread and I only want to delete the current messages.

What people asked for isn´t really there. If this is implemented on live servers I think I´m done with this game as it seems as if the important stuff for most endgame players isn´t fixed and most new stuff doesn´t feel thought through.

DeletedUser

If you have groups, then group names makes sense -- if you could actually *select* a predefined group (maybe group names defined in the guild, by an officer/member with privilege similar to moderator.

But -- dropping the subject line feels rude.

I was in the habit of copying and pasting from the "To:" field into the message for guild announcements -- advancements in age, welcome messages, etc. -- to avoid typos in member names. Now you disabled copying any name text (still available to spam bots, just not players). Please change the lists of names of the "To:" field so I can copy them.

Actually listing out all the names of the members of the guild makes sense -- until the members list grows beyond five. Stop it. It is annoying. Definging "groups" ad hoc for every single message is distracting and prone to abuse, within the guild. If you want to define "groups" -- classify guild members by how they log in, or whether they have checked their messages in the previous five (5) days.

. . And I am unsure whether the pigeon icon is supposed to represent a broadcast ("send out the pigeions") theme -- or calling me a (stupid) pigeon for using the message system.

miSc

Steward
I really don't have to go into details about this, as everybody else pretty much did already.
So I will just join the voice of NO, and politely ask FOE to revert to old system as soon as possible.

If need be, I can add my own suggestion to a good solid functional userfriendly messagessystem.
Afterall.. It's what I do for a living.

DeletedUser4493

Hello,
your new messaging is nil(worthless) for the French speakers as me, I think of stopping(arresting) the game(set,play) good continuation and week.

DeletedUser16

Hi there! :)

Thanks for your feedback! It's been already forwarded to the product management team and it will be taken into account when polishing the system (what you can see is not 100% final).
I also have to say that obviously the change to the new system will not be reverted for a very important reason: the old system can't work with mobile and the new one can (and will). Hence big yes to improvements, but no to reverting :).

Again, thanks for the feedback and keep it coming!

Best,
Bartek

DeletedUser4999

I agree, this new message system sucks, I like being able to delete messages and keep those that I really want, also can't see who I sent messages to, as I used them as template and could copy and paste - revert back to the old system - same old rule - if it ain't broke don't fix it

DeletedUser16

I like being able to delete messages and keep those that I really want
Use "Leave" option. It will effectively delete the message from your mailbox.\

- Please add the "add / remove players to/from conversation" functionalities before the new messaging system goes live. This would be very helpful e.g. to avoid that players who have left the guild read the internal gvg plans and possibly forward them to the guild which should be attacked. (of couse this functionality should be given only to the player who started the conversion)
It's being worked on.

There is no way to differentiate individual messages of group messages
Pigeon indicates group message ;].

Take off the pigeon!
Why?

No longer see avatars on private messages
Yes, you do...?

No longer able to delete messages (leave the conversation) without viewing the thread
Good point.

No longer able to see who is included in the thread
Functionality in progress :).

No longer able to see the original post by clicking the bottom (or top) of the scroll bar
This works, tested on Chrome.

When you leave the conversation, it will never re-appear
Well... This is actually intended. Why leave message if you want it to reappear?

Miepie

Baronet
Well... This is actually intended. Why leave message if you want it to reappear?

To clean up your mailbox, I do so all the time with Guild requests for pol/mot or trade for example. I read them, if I can help, I do so, and then delete the message from my mailbox until someone else needs something. The reason why I started this approach was to stop the ever blinking mail icon when there was nothing new in my mailbox but I found it a useful way to avoid clutter in my inbox while still being able to follow the thread.

DeletedUser

I also have to say that obviously the change to the new system will not be reverted for a very important reason: the old system can't work with mobile and the new one can (and will). Hence big yes to improvements, but no to reverting :).
Please give us the percentage of players who use mobile.
Please be aware of accessibility considerations in your fore/back ground colours.
Thanks
ceci
(my old(ish) mobile has never worked on the game overall and I doubt I will be able to use the new message system even if I spend oodles of money on a new super-duper mobile)

DeletedUser16

Miepie said:
To clean up your mailbox, I do so all the time with Guild requests for pol/mot or trade for example. I read them, if I can help, I do so, and then delete the message from my mailbox until someone else needs something. The reason why I started this approach was to stop the ever blinking mail icon when there was nothing new in my mailbox but I found it a useful way to avoid clutter in my inbox while still being able to follow the thread.
OK, thanks :).

ceciliana said:
Please give us the percentage of players who use mobile.
It varies significantly from market to market. Overall it's more than enough to implement it (and it keeps growing).

ceciliana said:
Please be aware of accessibility considerations in your fore/back ground colours.
Could you tell us more about them?

DeletedUser6815

Inno are kiling de game....

Mobile? and pc game?
Messages can leave, but if you need again? kiling Guild too LOL
Soo soon, the leader talk with 00 members LOL

Sugestion again system used by Innogames in Greepolis: http://prntscr.com/8gee2j
ORGANIZATION to all :)

Thanks