• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback [Feedback] - Auto Battle

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

DeletedUser7059

Zarok Dai: Sorry to say that, but AmandaDad have a point. I start my first account in 2012 and play into today with maximum months-long breaks.
And for that time i see a lot of content that has been: bugged from releasing / hated from more than 1/2 of community / doesn´t make sens even in long context / kill some unniversaly popular function.

This think happend time to time, so please, don´t say that ever context was everytime testet well. Or was not, time to time, against bigger part of community ideas and thougst... ;)
Becoase THAT deffinetly sound like lie to me...

For example, efficienci of how IG kill GvG funkcion and change it to simple pointfarm.:rolleyes: "We all are happy with that!":rolleyes: Or maybe not?;)

Last edited by a moderator:

qaccy

Emperor
@AmandaDad and @LordFrunDor
The devs have data they can look at regarding how often something is or isn't used. Our role on these forums is to provide context, or the 'why' behind something being used or not. If Inno says something's the way it is, they almost certainly have data backing it up so I'm not sure how you can think they're 'lying' or that you 'know what's really going on' better than the developers when it comes to interpreting actual data that we as players don't even have access to.

Regarding the forums, this is in no way a significant portion of players. To be blunt, ever trying to claim that any statements made here are 'majority opinion' is almost laughable in how far from the truth that is. In truth, the majority of players don't even know about the forums at all, nevermind taking the time to create an account and sharing their thoughts on the game. You might think that you or even your guild and the 10 people you talk to in game represent a 'majority of players' but that simply is not the case. Again, Inno has data that does a much better job of telling them whether something is or isn't going to be used frequently by players.

DeletedUser7059

qaccy: Ok, but that still not answer, only one part of it. Why we get bugget content on live servers, if by Zarok Dai:
Just because you think content should not have gone live does not mean everyone felt that way, or that it didn't test well.

bugged content = not tested well = sound to me like a lie. ;)

DeletedUser

I was not talking about bugs, I was talking about new content and when players ask for changes to new content.
Bugs are an entirely other issue. No, we don't want to purposely release bugs to any server, but there are times when it happens, in any game. Beta is here to try to minimize that as much as possible, but to expect it to eliminate all bugs all the time is not realistic.

DeletedUser8511

Did the buttons get switched again?

Live International server on the Left, Beta on the right
ArmyMgmt.png

And its inconsistent, 2nd wave have the "Start Next Battle" on the right.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser7529

if close button is going to be replaced later by attack and attack by auto battle it will be switched again - but attack will be on same place as on live ;p

DeletedUser

if close button is going to be replaced later by attack and attack by auto battle it will be switched again - but attack will be on same place as on live ;p
no it won't be switched again
it is the first step that players learn that in future the attack button is the left button

DeletedUser7451

the order of the button is funny.
first screen: attack - auto battle
second screen: retreat - auto battle - attack
i suggest to change the order on one of the screen

DeletedUser4381

I wouldn't be surprised if the change is being made because the order of the buttons in the App is the new layout for the browser... Despite the fact that fights on the App are absolutely dire due to the lack of clarity one what type of square is being landed on. (If I need to fight, I pretty much always switch to a browser for a non auto-battle fight.)

Personally I feel it's a pointless change as well as a negative one, but given Inno's track record it's pretty obvious that the button changes will go live regardless of the feedback here and there will be a significant number of people whose muscle memory take them to auto-battle for quite some time - because that muscle memory has been in place for years.

thephantom

Emperor
InnoGames
I wouldn't be surprised if the change is being made because the order of the buttons in the App is the new layout for the browser... Despite the fact that fights on the App are absolutely dire due to the lack of clarity one what type of square is being landed on. (If I need to fight, I pretty much always switch to a browser for a non auto-battle fight.)

Personally I feel it's a pointless change as well as a negative one, but given Inno's track record it's pretty obvious that the button changes will go live regardless of the feedback here and there will be a significant number of people whose muscle memory take them to auto-battle for quite some time - because that muscle memory has been in place for years.
Except the button changes for the Cancel and Attack buttons weren't intentional and were already fixed with this morning's update. ;)

vidicecilia

Baronet
Except the button changes for the Cancel and Attack buttons weren't intentional and were already fixed with this morning's update. ;)

Thanks a lot!!! It seems to be a bad joke to find the attack button on left hand again. We, instinctively push wright button.

DeletedUser

We have implemented all the necessary changes and the auto battle feature has been enabled again.
If you spot any issues, please let us know.

Thank you for your help! :)

DeletedUser

great that it is back.
together with the army management improvement:
I love it :D

DeletedUser5663

Awesome beyond belief!

Suggestion:
Enable closing of the "Battle result" Screen with the keyboards escape button and by a click anywhere outside of the results window.

DeletedUser8341

If we are in the battle screen and choose to auto-battle, there is a confirmation prompt. Yet from a point where we haven't even seen the troops, there is no confirmation prompt!

Please, can we have something to stop accidental taps (or clicks) from causing us to lose a bunch of valuable troops?

DeletedUser8341

Please, no confirmation prompts... it will slow down fighting in GvG
Seriously, just for one extra click?!

If that really is what is being addressed wiith this new button, just put the confirmation on the app : we can't play GvG anyway, so don't even need the button to shave a millisecond off the game time.