• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback [Feedback] - Auto Battle

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

conqueror9

Regent
That "auto battle" make me lost whole army ( 8 soldiers )
I re-run it with "attack"

no lost !!

could Inno delete that "auto battle"
it give player chance to make "mistakes" which caused by Inno

Lionhead

Baronet
I like it.
I won´t be using it on the majority of my battles, but for sure on the ones I know I will win.

But I hope it´s being worked on. Just finished a battle i GE. 2 wave. Started manually on the 1st wave, then went to auto-battle after I was sure to win 1st wave. On 2nd wave I chose auto-battle from the start as I knew I would win. That caused an internal error message.

DeletedUser8341

That "auto battle" make me lost whole army ( 8 soldiers )
I re-run it with "attack"

no lost !!

could Inno delete that "auto battle"
it give player chance to make "mistakes" which caused by Inno
Why would you want an option removed which some players find helpful and have been asking for?

Certainly, the button needs moving (it could even be on the far left) and very definitely, there should be a confirmation of it, since an accidental click/tap can have dire consequences.

Auto-battling before moving your units has long been an option once in the battle screen. Nothing to do with whether it is going to make sense for you has changed and I am surprised that it took you so long to find out when - or if - to auto-battle. Well, at least you now know not to immeditaley auto-battle, whether from the Army Management screen or from the battle screen.

Others, as comments in this thread indicate, feel differently. They welcome the ability to auto-battle from an earlier screen and don't mind throwing troops away to save a few seconds of thier time. They clearly play a very different game to you and me and probably have Arc, Kraken, Alcatraz, etc. at levels that I suspect would bore me to death.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser7529

Just a hint - auto battle with 7 rogues and light/fast unit with high incentive is not a good idea ;)
I suppose helpful feature for GvG, but in most cases you want to pause first unit (so rogues move first) before autobattle - and for that you need to load battle anyway.

DeletedUser8341

(I use the app and don't have this feature yet.)
I like it.
I won´t be using it on the majority of my battles, but for sure on the ones I know I will win.

But I hope it´s being worked on. Just finished a battle i GE. 2 wave. Started manually on the 1st wave, then went to auto-battle after I was sure to win 1st wave. On 2nd wave I chose auto-battle from the start as I knew I would win. That caused an internal error message.
@Darkstar if this is saying what I think, the announcement has an error.
As I pointed out earlier, the announcement states
You can also use it in two-wave battles. If your troops survive the first wave without your direct supervision, you will have the possibility to send them directly to the second wave (you can also assume command at that point, if you wish):
But from what @Lionhead is saying, it seems that the ability, on the second wave, to use the auto-battle from Army Management is not dependant on winning without direct supervision.

So the Paragragph should read
You can also use it in two-wave battles. Whether you use auto-battle on the first wave or not, as long as you win the first wave, you will have the possibility to send them directly to the second wave (you can also assume command at that point, if you wish):

(I realise there is a bug at the moment but getting the announcement accurate for the live servers is important.)

DeletedUser8277

Glad to hear the buttons will be switched I almost clicked auto battle on every battle yesterday, that could have cost me a lot.

If a confirmation does get put in I'd hope they would make the option to not see it again. Getting rid of a click just to add another click doesn't make much sense.

DeletedUser7781

I am sending you the home addresses of all the troops that died because of the button placement. The least you can do is send your condolences...
Seriously: glad to hear you will switch them! Really love using auto btw

DeletedUser8510

I totally agree the auto button needs to be moved over to the other side so that those who have been playing a long time aren't killing off their units especially during the first few weeks of when it comes out (even though I personally hate the idea).

The bug where if you auto the first battle but try to fight the second during the second wave still gives an internal error and forces the game to start which is annoying.

Honestly the only people this is going to help are those who GvG for the extra points and drive away those guilds that want to get involved but can't because of the larger guilds with lots of players all hitting auto. Just look at Houndsmoor on the English server to see the perfect example of that already and that's with the few second wait to hit auto on the actual screen.

I use to enjoy playing the game because it was challenging and made you think but it's slowly becoming a hit one button and let the AI/game do all the work because for those who don't can't take part in GvG. I miss it when players actually had the time to fight out their own battles which can only be done (if you're lucky) 4+ hours after reset when no one else is on. This feature would keep me away from GvG which is something I use to enjoy before the number of guilds taking and releasing sectors for easy kills took over.

DeletedUser8262

Having tried this both deliberately and accidentally i'm happy to read that the buttons will be switched over. A further improvement might also be to duplicate the new auto battle on the battle screen and scrap the existing auto button, this would allow anyone wanting to hold the unit back at the start to do so and would also remove the necessity of watching the fight

DeletedUser7779

After debating on the impact of this new auto button and reading the comments here, I think it does have more negative consequences than positive. I'll try to be short ;)
Pros: It does save a few seconds per battle
Cons: Loses more troops if not the entire battle

It surely is a good thing that Inno tries to save us some time, but:
Do we really need it? Here a comparison to what we already had:
- GE: we do at most 64 battles a week and surely won't auto lvl 4, so make that 48. Even if we auto all 48 and that saves us 3 seconds/each.... that's less than 2 mins a week.
- Cont map: even if we do 3 provinces a week (value exaggerated but let's consider worst case) with 10 sectors each and save 3 seconds/battle ... that's 90 secs/week
- Hood: Attack 80 hoodies/day (again worst case), that's about 28 mins a week. Significantly better improvement than the other 2 cases, then again considering full auto will cost us way more troops (as opposed to holding the unit back and then auto) - I doubt anyone will and can do it for more than a few weeks.
- GvG:
a) champ farming made easier (bad)
b) it will increase the gap between strong guilds (higher ranked players with Traz's lvl 50+) and weak ones. Players with high Traz's can afford to lose more troops/battle if needs to be, while it will be a suicide for those who haven't advanced that far yet. And that's where the big difference comes - if we consider a full tile at 80 hits, that's 4 mins saved per sector and we all know that in GvG even milliseconds matter. Just think of 2 guilds siegeing each other and whoever takes the other one's sector first wins. (happens all the time in my world). Now let's say guild A uses new auto button and guild B doesn't - that alone gives a HUGE advantage to guild A and almost a certain victory. Someone in the comments above said that no one forces us to use new auto button - I disagree - If guild B wants to stand a chance in GvG, it HAS TO use it. (very bad)

Again, I very welcome changes which reduce the clicking - but I think Inno didn't consider all the impact such a huge change might have. If it's released live i think it will kill GvG entirely, and trust me there are still players who play the game only for that..

qaccy

Emperor
Could make it better in GvG by showing what army we're up against.

This is called 'loading the battle normally'. Other than that, I'm not sure what you mean. I always understood that it's intended to be (mostly, not entirely) random which army you go up against in a given GvG sector and that you don't know what it is until you load the battle. Heck, even the game probably doesn't know what it is until you click to start the battle.

thephantom

Emperor
InnoGames
Having tried this both deliberately and accidentally i'm happy to read that the buttons will be switched over. A further improvement might also be to duplicate the new auto battle on the battle screen and scrap the existing auto button, this would allow anyone wanting to hold the unit back at the start to do so and would also remove the necessity of watching the fight
You don't have to watch the fight when you autobattle in a battle. You just click the 'results' button that appears at the top of the screen, and you already see the results and can leave the battle.

Basically, there is no need to make any modifications to the existing autobattle button accessible in the battlefield.