• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback [Feedback] - Auto Battle

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

DeletedUser

For example, in CE if you go with AA+7 rogue and auto you will almost certainly get wiped out, as the AA will get killed first. Same with 1 tank 7 rogues. Ofc some combinations like 1 rail gun 7 rogue won't have that problem.
why would you use those units when you know you will fail :rolleyes:

DeletedUser7942

I for one will get lost of use out of this feature in GvG and if a confirmation gets added then like the quests abort confirmation box I would like the option to not get the confirmation, less clicks always better. And yes if that fade out could get faster even better.

DeletedUser7566

This could be useful, but also too easy to choose without intention. I would suggest that it be the left button so that habits of hitting attack won't cause you to inadvertently hit auto-battle

DeletedUser8511

In my opinion this will be "feature" that wont be heavily utilized for the majority of people who play FoE. Take out the people that don't battle routinely(non pvp'rs, the negotiators on the continent map and in GE). Then take out the people who don't have the boost or rogues needed to do just regular auto in the combat screen. Many of the remaining folks need to react to battle details (terrain, the units they are fighting) before they hit auto. Who's left? not that many.

If the Devs, Proj. leaders and decision makers want an "auto" idea that every one would benefit from ... how about "Auto Aid"! remove the mundane tasks of manually clicking aid.

DeletedUser8429

it would be better if the rogues moved first and not the soldier first so not to lose the fight then auto battle would work, until then no auto battle for me :rolleyes:

DeletedUser6447

Now I know it's my own fault but I do not like the spot where that new autobatle button is.
I keep pushing it accidetally....
It's in the spot where we used to have the start battle button.

vidicecilia

Baronet
I never ever fight auto battles.
Before this modification in GE the options of battles were Close Atack (in this order), now the options are Atack Auto Battle (in this order). Since 2012 (5 years) I use to click by reflex on right button but you have change the positions. Can you change the orden of the buttons options, please? I think it is not great problem for you.
Thanks!

Last edited:

vakini

Squire
I would like if I had the possibility to hide the "auto Battle-button", could be an option in the "settings", then ppl who like it can use it, and the rest of us can hide it, and if we regret, find it again in "settings"

And please move the "Auto-Battle button" to the left, we are used to have the attack button at right

DeletedUser8489

Nobody is being forced to autobattle.
Nobody is being forced to autobattle without having first moved a few troops.
Everybody is being given the option to autobattle without entering the battle screen if that is what they want to do.
Thanks! Reading all this stuff here one would think everybody is being forced to use this option!
Makes one wonder if they even bother using it before they post the mandatory whines .... ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
@xivarmy Because of that, it's probably not going to affect GvG too much - a sector with varied defenses where there's no 'one size fits all' attack army is too risky to roll the dice with the auto-battle button. In FE for instance, you might be able to sweep through just about everything with RGs but if an 8-army sector has just one army with a lot of Drone Swarms, you've got a chance of losing 8 units every time you click that button rather than loading the battlefield normally. Perhaps this will just promote even more active Alcatraz levelling to offset an increase in unit losses from using this button? Time will tell; it's certainly interesting to think about.

I already do just the auto button when i see 8 drone swarms in FE and brought in a rail and 7 rogues - it usually wins because half the drone swarms dropped out of range of the rails - every now and then it wipes, but it'll be faster than throwing in surrenders, and really it's acceptable losses for how often you even see that (i think 1 guild in 5 that i've fought recently used drone swarms at all). I'd overall estimate this feature cuts fight time in half, and i'd probably take the more losses to make that happen given the option in other ages too. TE champ + 7 rogues he usually doesn't wander too far forward even against the dread 8 stealth tank - so again the occasional wipe to save half the time, done. CE might not have a good no-look-auto option - champ + 7 rogues i've used before when i was out of AAVs, i'm not sure where it lines up in the move orders and whether it'd also need a hold back, it's been a while.

I got decent results with 1 tank 7 rogue in FE. The railguns batter it a lot, but unless the terrain is horrible getting 2 moves in vs those RG's before they can respond often carries the day

against 8 tanks you also sustain big losses, but it's rare to lose outright.

DeletedUser6645

Auto battle is usually for mopping up the fight not beforehand deciding oh I'll win. Unless you are rolling in diamonds or you can miss those units.

I can see from the announcement, the picture of the army management, the person that posted that isn't really a fighter. Nor do I claim to be a fighter but just a suggestion on how to improve the announcement ? Because if you had a barracks and 4 slots open, there are 4 dragon drones that are indicated as attached, you are going to use those troops to fight. If you were just farming troops you would have 2 slots open. So just change the picture?

Anyways if you fight with rogues and autobattle you would want to hold your attached or unattached unit behind and send the rogues forward. Just like many have explained before in other posts. Maybe if we could set a preset mode / rule in fights? Always hold unit back and sent rogues. Or hold all units until a target moves into reach to do some damage. So we have to trust the devs that the a.i. is smart(er) or just that we can afford to lose the units?

Would be lovely on G.E. for the first levels sure. I believe it will have impact on GvG much more than on fighting the neighbourhood. Maybe switch those a.i. around? We gave you a lot of tips on how to improve the a.i. ...

Please change the location of the attack buttons back. As an option in the settings is also a nice idea.
Can you explain how the result of the autobattle will be calculated?

conqueror9

Regent
Again and Again....press that stupid "auto battle"

I have a lot of un-necessary lost of soldier due to that "auto battle"
I have to recruit soldier again and again
This keep me off further "battle" as it take time to recruit soldier back (heal soldier is much faster)
In short, I have greatly reduce amount of battles due to "unncessary soldier lost"

That "auto battle" is just identical to <immediately choose> "finish battle automatically" button when you enter "battlefield"

In fact, we never immediately choose "finish battle automatically"

Because of the stupid AI, we need to move soldier correctly to safe attack position
after we satisify our arrangement, we choose "finish battles automatically"

that "auto battle" is very mis-leading , it should rename as "make you suffer more" or "reduce amount of your battles"

by the way, when I mis-press "auto battle" in "2-wave" battles
in the 2nd wave, i press "attack"
it always have error

DeletedUser5160

Could the Attack and Auto-Battle buttons not be so close to the scroll bar? Many times I did not intend to click those buttons when trying to scroll through my massive list of units...

kasia2389

Farmer
YES, YES, YES, FAST
I never ever fight auto battles.
Before this modification in GE the options of battles were Close Atack (in this order), now the options are Atack Auto Battle (in this order). Since 2012 (5 years) I use to click by reflex on right button but you have change the positions. Can you change the orden of the buttons options, please? I think it is not great problem for you.
Thanks!
YES, YES, YES, FAST