• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback [Feedback] - Army Management Performance Improvements

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

DeletedUser5429

Since it keeps being mentioned, here's some info about the stackable units idea:
It's one of the options that was considered. We even prototyped it. Done well, it could improve army management convenience, and also help performance.
However, we were looking at the army management in the first place because of the performance issues (that some players have had for quite a while) and performance is what we considered to be more important to address. If we had gone down the path of improving the usability now, the performance fixes would have been tied up with that, slowing down their release.
We're pretty happy with how the performance has improved, and we think that it can be a significant improvement for the players who were experiencing performance issues. :D

I'm not ruling out a future improvement to the army management usability - it's just not something we were trying to tackle at this time. :)
As it is now, it has been greatly improved for me (<= large number of units and armies).
And the new ability to use the mouse scroll is really a nice, practical and useful idea ! :)

DeletedUser7522

the new army management and the auto battle is just great, hope it stays like this and soon comes to national servers. and what about the daily challenges, when it will come at last ?

DeletedUser4327

Except for the display issue where it shows one with too many defenses the troops selection is loading faster. However the GE battlefield seems to be taking inordinately long to load now.

Also while we are on the subject: The following proposals where voted on favorably in the FoE forum. While your looking at the Army Management interface please consider these changes as well.

Follow links below to the proposals in the FoE forum:
1. Show Attached Units first in lineup
2. Add a toggle to show or hide injured troops
3. Add a dedicated tab for Rogues

DeletedUser8341

This has already been implemented and is here on Beta.
Will it be implemented on the app, too? It is incredibly frustrating having to look among all the other units, picking out the attached ones and that is if you somehow know to ask Support to turn on the flag that shows which are unattached.

DeletedUser8461

Will it be implemented on the app, too? It is incredibly frustrating having to look among all the other units, picking out the attached ones and that is if you somehow know to ask Support to turn on the flag that shows which are unattached.

Yes, but not quite yet. As you point out, there are a couple things still lacking in the app army management.

qaccy

Emperor
having the army management screen load with the previous settings still selected would be a major improvement.
The attached / unattached / all units filter does this already, why not the ones for unit type and age as well?

This would be nice to have. Heck, the un/attached filter selection seems to be an account-wide setting because if I select it on one server, it applies to all my other servers as well. However, age selection is never saved and that'd be a great improvement as well.

However, I haven't personally played with the new improvements here on beta so I'm unsure if such things would simply be frivolous desires with how things run now.

DeletedUser5791

It is absolutely no.1 improvement of the year, and maybe to MOST IMPORTANT improvement of this game.

It allows to fastly play GvG and any battles also on notebooks now, which has been a problem until now. I have a fast notebook and i was able to battle only 3 battles per minute (1 battle is the whole cycle - army, fight, automat, results, reload) on notebook (6-8 on PC per minute), now i was fight the whole cycle on a notebook by 6 battles per minute and this is twice faster now!! And with the automat battle improvement it is EVEN BETTER!!

Until now the classic PC was only possibility to play GvG! now i can play it on notebook while being on a wifi in a train! That makes me so much more powerful.

Please upload this improvement AS SOON AS POSSIBLE also on national worlds. All players who stopped the GvG for being pissed off will revive the GvG again!! So many players will be more active now, cos many of us played it on notebooks 80% time. Expedition are still less and less interesting, even still being good, ok, but this fast fighting will revive all the GAME!!!

PLease upload it on national worlds, my fingers are shivering to play GvG again !!! :* :*

DeletedUser7529

I like auto-battle and much faster army management.
But it changes a lot GvG - with those changes I can conquer fully defenced sector (80 battles) in 10 minutes, before it was 60-80 mins. I am affraid splitting guilds into 1 man just to save goods on sieges will be even more popular now.

BRUDAN

Merchant
In closing, and I don't say this often enough, or eloquently enough, but I want to personally thank you all for your continued efforts here on Beta. I understand a test server can cause frustrations at times, but your participation here has, and still is, having very positive affects on the overall game, and your bug hunting efforts are invaluable.

Good afternoon!I noticed that the game for android it demonstrates some advantage that the pc leaves the want.
1 ° Deposit forges points.Everyone who used the game by androd has already noted that to deposit forges points in the GEs and 70% or more effective than using the pc.This causes a very significant disadvantage, one player can harm another player using the most effective platform while the other has to wait 1 to 2 seconds at each deposit. I would like to know why the same method can not be implemented for pc?
2 ° Information windows, rewards and etc.Before clicking outside the windows they closed, today we note that this is no longer possible in all windows on the pc, but by the android almost all windows closes when clicking outside, I wonder why it is not possible anymore by the pc?

I understand that the developers look to leave the game by andoid and ios lighter, with dynamic gameplay, but this ends up hurting players by the pc with a game locking all the time.I do not know how many players play the pc, android or ios, but I know that whoever is the longest in the game has always used it for the pc, it helps to test the beta on the pc, so for these reasons before leaving it much lighter for other platforms should honor those who always used the pc, leaving the game much more light and dynamic as possible.Please give us a clarification of this fact.If someone else has observed these advantages or others put down.
Thank you!

Last edited:

DeletedUser7647

this is the update we needed long ago.
I especially like the part where the snapping of the pages back and forth is no longer there. When you are attacking 80 units against your 10, reload is important.
The injured rogues should be taken off the display and brought back ONLY when you have no more.
besides that, The only problem I would see is in the AA map fights. sometimes you want to diverse the troops even if they are spearmen to delay a siege.

DeletedUser5663

I like auto-battle and much faster army management.
But it changes a lot GvG - with those changes I can conquer fully defenced sector (80 battles) in 10 minutes, before it was 60-80 mins. I am affraid splitting guilds into 1 man just to save goods on sieges will be even more popular now.
thats good! it will make it much harder for the big guilds to hoard half the map. Also a sector was doable in 15 mins before, not 60 (wtf!)

DeletedUser4327

Wow. It's so nice to see Inno's peeps interacting and addressing player's questions and concerns directly on the forum. Thank you.

DeletedUser7529

thats good! it will make it much harder for the big guilds to hoard half the map. Also a sector was doable in 15 mins before, not 60 (wtf!)
I said ALONE - I and only I can do 80 battles in less than 10 mins. Before you needed 30s - 60s per fight (wait for loading army screen, select troops, load battle, click auto, load map again, load army screen and repeat). Now it takes 5-10s per fight (select troops - loads instantly, auto battle, repeat).
I like it is much faster, I only notice it changes GvG balance greatly. With 10 mins per sector basically you dont need guild for GvG any more - you can do all yourself in 1-man guild. There is no guild that sits on map all the time 24/7 and now 10 mins unchecked can make you lose sector even if you have 80 fighters. Sure you take it back in 20 seconds following day - but big guild will spend 30x more goods than 1-man guild.
It is upto devs to decide if GvG needs to be tweaked or 1 man guilds is best way to do things now.

DeletedUser4381

Yes, but not quite yet. As you point out, there are a couple things still lacking in the app army management.

To be fair, the entirety of combat on the App is poor not just the army management screen. There's no way to check for sure what type a hex is during battle, other than land on it. There needs to be a long-press ability on a hex which shows the details of the terrain, plus the range of your unit if it's on it.

DeletedUser5663

I said ALONE - I and only I can do 80 battles in less than 10 mins. Before you needed 30s - 60s per fight (wait for loading army screen, select troops, load battle, click auto, load map again, load army screen and repeat). Now it takes 5-10s per fight (select troops - loads instantly, auto battle, repeat)..
I KNOW you said ALONE, I can read, thank you very much. And NO, it is doable in 16 minutes per sector, I do it ALONE everyday. 8 seconds per fight, I time it often.

But faster is always good, I agree. I was just wondering why it takes you 4 times as Long as me. Maybe try some other Browsers...

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
It depends a lot on your computer. My old one it would take me about 40 minutes to do 80 battles. My current one it depends on how many troops i need to replace between fights but about 20 minutes is normal for most maps - a bit over 30 minutes for AA unless the DAs are trivial requiring no replacement. The worst computer i've ever tried to GvG on it'd be 80 minutes to do 80 battles.

GvG in the game is poorly optimised and takes a lot more machine than it should to load screens.