• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback [Feedback] - Army Management Performance Improvements

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

DeletedUser8059

This management for the army is not helpful at all from what I see. Right now I have a small amount of troops to see, how we suppose to know how many we have all together, except the tag that says we have 131 troops. For people that have lots of troops this isnt an approvement I dont think. When we fight it will be hard to see how many we have left.
Also you got rid of the gold tab at the end to show how many unattached we have not cool at all.
Could of left that and added all other troops to it so we see how many troops we have left, now we will be in the dark.

DeletedUser

except the tag that says we have 131 troops. For people that have lots of troops this isnt an approvement I dont think
131 is not a lots

11310 is
and then you would know how slow the army management really was

this is an awesome improvement for people with really a lots of troops

When we fight it will be hard to see how many we have left.
for people with really a lots of units it isn't important how many are left
because they always have enough left

selecting 8 units to fight fast is important

so in short:
for people with a few units it can be more complicated
but for people with a lots of troops it is awesome

thephantom

Emperor
InnoGames
Also you got rid of the gold tab at the end to show how many unattached we have not cool at all.
That is not removed, it's still there. It will only be shown if you actually have more than 20+ units from any single type. Because that's the only case where all your units are not displayed (because even in the previous army management window you get at most 20 images of every unattached unit type).

I don't see anything being "downgraded" with this change in usability. What was there in functionality before should still be there.

DeletedUser8511

Can devs give me 2000+ rogues to test this performance gain out? ... hey i have to try ;)

Area for improvement, perhaps create a tab, No Age, where rogues (preferably show first) drummer, and color guards are shown. To quickly find healthy troops of these types can be challenge. Currently to find healthy rogues a player will first have to click light troops tab, than (scroll/page) to find the healthy ones. If with this new paging system, each jump on the scroll bar is a request to the server, think of how many requests can be eliminated if it just opened up directly to healthy rogues?.

There have also been a great prototype that was developed years ago to address this and seemed super fast
https://forum.en.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/new-army-management-prototype.28230/
Sadly looks like the prototype was last saved as text and no longer renders in the browser. But i am sure the devs can analyze the code and make it work.

DeletedUser8511

2017-11-08 09_18_48-Forge of Empires.png

My interface show at least 3 to 4 more blank pages

DeletedUser8341

The announcement doesn’t say but i’m guessing this is only applicable to the browser interface, not the app.

To the posters talking of what it is like when you have 131 units, or 11310 units, just be information in how many units you have is availabable. On the app., we don’t have that. I can only guess how many units I have.

That is not removed, it's still there. It will only be shown if you actually have more than 20+ units from any single type. Because that's the only case where all your units are not displayed (because even in the previous army management window you get at most 20 images of every unattached unit type).

I don't see anything being "downgraded" with this change in usability. What was there in functionality before should still be there.
The 20 limit applies to the app as well. I have wondered why the limit is set as high as 20. Since the most I can use at a time is 8, why not limit it to display only 8 (or maybe only 8 if there is 10 or more). So long as the 8 are all healed and either all attached or all unattached, I can’t see any purpose in making me scroll through more than that number and the excess might as well be grouped under the gold icon. (As an option, you could even include injured units in the grouping since I know there are users (presumably the ones who have thousands of troops) who don’t want to see those injured troops as they only ever put healed ones into battle and have no need to know when injured troops will be ready.)

DeletedUser7942

Great, I hope any users with thousands of units of who have had issues with GvG will now not have those issues. So if it works I thank you on behalf of them.

DeletedUser7529

It seems its a bit faster, but adding units is still pain if you have many of them.
I dont get why you need to show us upto 20 same type units, when you never need more than 8? It would save a lot of time browsing throu army window.

Needed changes:
- show upto 10 same type units (so we know we have some more in case all 8 is chosen into current army)
- add filter 'show only damaged/undamaged/all' - most of the time we want replace to healthy ones. God future would be button to replace current army with healthy reserves - with 1 click.
- make chosen filters save - ie if last one was light units from future age, on default show units with those filters, currently only attached/unattached filter is saved.

DeletedUser6489

why change the order the units are displayed? ie. Support troops are now being placed at the end of the load window and rouges are displayed first... makes no sense to me to change that part of the interface . totally unnecessary... i will have to use this a few more times to give it a proper tryout... a little confused as to what has actually changed. the old interface showed less that ALL of a unit for example unattached rogues displayed a litmited number in the window to choose from.

DeletedUser5324

Almost no more difference in performance between using assigned or unassigned units.
Well done, Thanks :))))

DeletedUser7959

Health points look kinda weird to me now. https://prntscr.com/h7v0hb
Hard to choose the unit you need by scrolling. Also, I can't scroll the list back. :confused:
Units replacement became a little faster (good). But why the main is now at the end? It's uncomfortable. :(

DeletedUser8341

We are looking in to this, it may not be intended.
While looking into the order of units for browser players, could we please have the order of units in the app fixed? This has been outstanding since before I even started playing the game!

vesgouo

Baronet
...create a tab, No Age, where rogues (preferably show first) drummer, and color guards are shown. To quickly find healthy troops of these types can be challenge. Currently to find healthy rogues a player will first have to click light troops tab, than (scroll/page) to find the healthy ones. If with this new paging system, each jump on the scroll bar is a request to the server, think of how many requests can be eliminated if it just opened up directly to healthy rogues?.

+1