• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback [Feedback] Arctic Future - Part 3

HuscarlTW

Squire
The Dragon Drone also have 30 movement. It´s the 1 range which doesn´t allow it to hit on turn 1. And the Dragon Drone doesn´t take retaliation.
Bingo. This is why it's far better than a fast unit having 30 movement and 1 range. No retaliation.

Besides that, allthough I think it´s a fun new ability, AND that it seems to work on auto-battle (the unit will seek targets, where the Dragon breath ability will come to use), AND I do like the 7% attack from the Dragon Drone Base, I´m not likely to use the unit. I loose more rogues during a GE-fight, than I do using my good old EA.
I'm not in AF on beta, so I can't test it here. I look forward to testing it when it goes live :)

Andi47

Overlord
I have got a Holo Holiday park in my inventory, which would fit perfectly to the spot of my Atomium:

Holo Holiday Park produces:
* 16000 happiness (32000 when polished)

my Atomium level 4 produces:
* 3700 happiness, cannot be polished
* 9 useless Arctic goods of each kind per day. AF3 is out, still no use for these goods.

I am REALLY tempted to do the replacement! And the space for my Observatory would fit perfectly for things like an Algae airship....

@Inno: The easiest way to create a use of these goods would be the introduction of a true AF GvG map - and it would also be a use for those AF units - instead of using Railguns on the All Ages map all the time. There is plenty of space for additional GvG maps (Arctic Future, upcoming eras...): The map is not really representing Earth, so why not place additonal continents where legends assume the sunken continents Atlantis and Lemuria?

DeletedUser5429

Atomium is just wasted space, especially with the presence of an Arc.
Observatory on the other hand is small and add to the support pool of your guild.

DeletedUser5962

A simple fix for the useless treasury goods has been suggested before and seems like it would satisfy most of us. Let the Arctic goods be used in any age GvG map. Then finally there would be a reason to go to Arctic and those of us who made the jump wouldn't grimace with every useless, wasted collection that reminds us of all those FE goods the arc/atom/obs used to donate to our guild while we cost FE goods from the treasury for GE!

DeletedUser5097

I think the dragon drone is better than people are making it out to be.

It basically seems to be a unit styled along the lines of the Contemporary Era artillery unit, which was useful because it could destroy assault tanks very effectively. The drone has low damage because it's not intended for 1 on 1 combat. It's meant for blasting a group of units simultaneously, and the bonuses against light/heavy ensure that they hit hard against both. Additionally, they have 30 movement and flying, which lets them hit rail guns on turn 2, which means you can deal massive damage to them before the rail guns get a chance to hit you (after shooting rogues).
I think it to, but not for the Rail guns. The rail guns has a high defense stats and this drone
doesn't has a bonus against it. also has this unit at the moment a low attack stats, so it deal
very low damage. The recon raider hit railgun afther 2 turns to, has a high attack stats and a
big bonus against it. So the recon raider is more effective against railgun.
If the stats been rise, especialy the attack stats, this unit will be a good wappon against
stealth units. Because the only way to attack stealth unit is to stand beside that unit, or
ignore stealth (powershot & blast). By dragon breath it doesn't mater that you has to stand
beside the target, it doesn't hit you anyway by revenge.

DeletedUser7473

Can anyone explain to me why there is a province giving bonus for the production of the fourth good of the Bronze Age on the map of Future Arctic Age - Part 3?

I mean province bonus for Bronze Age allows production of modern goods.
-> Modern goods are needed as material for the production of goods from the age Tomorrow.
-> But Arctic Future goods need goods from the Contemporary Era, not from age Tomorrow.

Goods from the age Tomorrow would only be needed on the theme / "age" that comes after Future Arctic Age.
So why is this province bonus that has nothing to do with the Future Arctic Age at all on the map of Future Arctic Age - Part 3?

qaccy

Emperor
Bingo. This is why it's far better than a fast unit having 30 movement and 1 range. No retaliation.

Unit type doesn't have anything to do with whether or not it takes retaliation damage. And combat drones don't have 1 range, they have 11 (less in the scaled battlefield, but still). Light, heavy, fast, and units with the contact ability retaliate when struck from an adjacent tile (or if the attacker is within the unit's range in the case of contact). If these units don't retaliate against the dragon drone, this is most likely because of the drone's ability (any other ranged unit will be struck back if it attacks these unit types at point-blank range) and does indeed make it slightly better. However, the stats still seem a bit under par considering the specific circumstances needed to fully utilize its attack.

Artubar

Baronet
...anyone already saw those two new city [status] icons ingame somewhere...?
FoE_new-city-icons.png

I thought they might fit well for Great Buildings in other cities (the left one including your contribution status, if applicable), but those still have the same old ones by now.

Last edited:

qaccy

Emperor
...anyone already saw those two new city [status] icons ingame somewhere...?
View attachment 1914

I thought they might fit well for Great Buildings in other cities (the left one including your contribution status, if applicable), but those still have the same old ones by now.

Looks more like it would have to do with friend recruitment if anything. I don't really see any relation to GBs in those icons, in any case. GB-related imagery usually includes a castle somewhere.

podkap1970

Emperor
anyone researched the tech "Regenerative Methods" ? (one of the last techs of AF part 3)
and could tell me what exactly it do please

DeletedUser5429

Regenerative methods give you more candidates (with more advanced bonus) to your crew member in your port.
(I'm guessing, I have unlocked it and can not check the before / after)

DeletedUser

without reaching it I would say
it gives new crew members (that is what the description says)

and in the announcement of part 3 there are new crew members listed

so for me with that technology you can hire those crew members

DeletedUser4285

what's the point of of the 1st tech of part 3? it's about some harbor upgrade but all there is to it is they added a part to the harbor.

podkap1970

Emperor
Regenerative methods give you more candidates (with more advanced bonus) to your crew member in your port.
(I'm guessing, I have unlocked it and can not check the before / after)
ok thanks, so it does not unlock the 4th crewmember slot in my ship ?

HuscarlTW

Squire
Unit type doesn't have anything to do with whether or not it takes retaliation damage.
You're right. I got confused. My mistake.

Combat drones from Tomorrow Era are much more effective than these drones at taking out RGs (and basically everything else).
I am sorry, but I strongly disagree. Combat drones have less defense, a small bonus against light, and no bonus at all against heavy. Combat drones perform terribly against hover tanks and battle fortresses; dragon drones excel. 8 dragon drones have the ability to kill 6 battle fortresses in 1 combat round; combat drones have the ability to kill two. Additionally, Dragon drones get terrain bonuses, which combat drones do not benefit from.

Moreover, combat drones are very weak against surrogate soldiers, which are impossible to hit without being in melee mode and taking heavy retaliation. Dragon drones excel here, because they don't take retaliation damage and can hit multiple units at once.

Basically, Dragon drones excel at killing stealthed units and units with reactive armor, both which combat drones fare poorly against.

DeletedUser4285

dragon drones should at least have 2 for range so it lives upto its name of being a ranged unit ;)