• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback [Feedback] Arctic Future - Part 3

qaccy

Emperor
rails ignore defensive bonuses AND terrain, that's why they can shoot at stealth and flying units.

They ignore defensive SKILLS, not bonuses. If a unit has a defense bonus against artillery units, it will take reduced damage from a rail gun's attack. If a unit has a defense bonus on a specific type of terrain, it will be ignored. Beyond that, rail guns also ignore flight, stealth, reactive armor, and dug in. Perhaps chivalry and call of duty as well, but those are such small bonuses it's hard to tell.

To reiterate, rail guns do NOT ignore defense bonuses that units have against artillery. They ignore everything else.

thephantom

Emperor
InnoGames
What's up with the latest victory expansion? Still the one for 200K medals is the last one, or do we get one with the 3rd part of the era? If yes, when would it be acive on live servers? Thanks!
The 200K Victory Expansion was the one for the 3rd part of Arctic Future. Victory Expansions become available before the release of the era. There is a 240K Victory Expansion on Beta (technically for the 4th part of Arctic Future). As for when it will become available on live - you can check the expansions tab after a new game version there. :)

RKinG

Squire
The Joch have to pay 25 Arctic goods we find supplies for 25% probability.
Innogame and DEV mock us, their customers.

And what a customer hates it's being taken for a patsy.

@Darkstar ?

Last edited:

thephantom

Emperor
InnoGames
The Joch have to pay 25 Arctic goods we find supplies for 25% probability.
Innogame and DEV mock us, their customers.

And what a customer hates it's being taken for a patsy.

@Darkstar ?
You have all the information regarding the crewmembers provided to you upfront, and you have the choice of selecting the crewmembers you want. If you don't like the odds for Josh you can easily take other crewmembers. If you decide to take Josh then you've made a conscious choice while having all the information. Certainly you're not being "mocked".

Ultimately with Josh you're not buying other items directly, so while you see the 25 goods as "payment", I don't. You're paying goods for the ship's journey, which gives you Promethium by itself. These crewmembers can give you various extra items and it's up to you to choose if that will be less time, more promethium, or a random resource should you choose Josh. As with all other sources that have the potential of giving Diamonds, you are not going to get Diamonds every time.

DeletedUser

the math for Quartermaster Madiha
rounded for each person including herself :eek:

I have selected crew members with +11, +8 and Madiha with +3 and 23%

together: +28. surprising result

only way to explain it
11 + 23% = 13.53 = 14 (rounded up)
8 + 23% = 9.84 = 10 (rounded up)
3 + 23% = 3.69 = 4 (also rounded up)

together 28 :D

btw
And last, but not least, quartermaster Madiha and steward Bryce, will boost promethium and time-related skills of other crew members.
other. doesn't say herself :p

DeletedUser6628

Any word on what we're going to do with all of the Arctic Future goods stacking up in the treasury?

DeletedUser4285

eda9c29ef2cd4cc8b1cb388ba9078875.png

When it shows 2 does it mean he comes back with 2 items?
or is it always the same item doubled?
or something else?

Lionhead

Baronet

or something else?

Must be something else.
The only thing I have observed with certainty is, that on level 1 he brings back 20 goods, when he brings goods, while he brings 23 goods on level 2.

RKinG

Squire
Yes I am not obliged to take Josh, or play a FoE and to be customer Innogame and betatester ;)

but you could have done better with the proportions 50% is coins or supplies

for build 25 arctic goods I spend a lot: 20k to 22,5k coins & 20k to 22,5k supplies (and 25 goods comptenporary) 20 goods is 24 hours or 1 day production

Dev are cheapskate :mad:

see % Darkstar for diamons is 4%

josh presented as an BIG event :D

I test and I give my opinion, sorry Darkstar !
As a player you find the big or little gift Josh ?

There is a problem with the new crew they are not profitable, poor worker

Last edited:

podkap1970

Emperor
on live server i did not research the tech, to get new crew members, like Josh
the only good one is the lady Quartermaster Madiha, in lvl 2 or 3 i think
the rest of them, stopping me to get the good old ones, or lets say the chance to get the far better old ones is worse, when i research this tech

i know i have to research it, when we get part 4 (this year maybe? :) ), but for now, i did not research it

i also hope the 4th crew members slot will come at the end of part 4 tech tree too, so i don't need to research it, but i guess you will change it by now :)

DeletedUser4285

so how long before arctic part 4 is released?
i wanna see what the artillery does and it needs to stand out from other units as we haven't really got anything worthwhile .. maybe a little but it ain't much.
we could do with 2 more expansions soon to fill that last part of the expansion grid.

Artubar

Baronet
..we could do with 2 more expansions soon to fill that last part of the expansion grid.
The far more interesting question is: What will happen afterwards..?

I've been asking the following on the Dev Blog:
...One big question rises with all that water around – will we finally be able to expand our cities offshore?
(I was quite disappointed when the Seascrapers where announced and it turned out that they still had to be built on solid soil.)
... but no answer on that from ThaMartin. Maybe @Darkstar can shed some (dark ^^) light on this matter...?

DeletedUser5097

or something else?
I believe that's more of a level of the Scavenger ability (so lvl2 instead of 1). Will double check though. :)
I did make some screenshots. Today I was aible to bring him lvl up, this are the results:
Scavengernoresults.png

Same chances of the stuff. I expected more chance for diamonds, goodies, medals, fp's
and less chance for suplies/coins. Also the output of medals is poor: 150 medals, you
have to pay 500 medals, he could give at least 500 medals so that makes that he was
just a free crewmember, because he payed back, now it's just a waste of medals when
you got medals from him.

Are the cances upgraded on a higher level or are the outputs improved on higher levels
of scavanger?