• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback [Feedback] Arctic Future - Part 3

DeletedUser5526

What??? A ranged unit with range 1? At this pace expeditions will be easier at level 3 than one as we will have to deal with all the weaker artic future units (except for the fact that % is much bigger and waves more populated :)).
OK, so no unit to counter uber-railgun

DeletedUser5097

What a joke and that wasn't seen on the Alfa?:D

Again a diamond building, realy? Inno do you has in mind to introduce a second diamond
culture building? If you do, please introduce also a ep 4 non-diamond building. Because
if it won't become the not-diamond players nice, I mean it's one type building less that
the can built without diamonds.

For the players that want info over the new unit:
Dragondrone.png

DeletedUser7473

And Inno has done it again:

Future Arctic Age - Heavy Unit Battle Fortress: Bonus 80 vs. Ranged Units
contra
Future Arctic Age - Ranged Unit Dragon Drone: Bonus 100 vs. Heavy Units

Is it that hard to prevent two of the five normal units of an age to have contradicting war boni against each other when thinking them up?

DeletedUser5097

What a joke and that wasn't seen on the Alfa?:D

Again a diamond building, realy? Inno do you has in mind to introduce a second diamond
culture building? If you do, please introduce also a ep 4 non-diamond building. Because
if it won't become the not-diamond players nice, I mean it's one type building less that
the can built without diamonds.

For the players that want info over the new unit:
Dragondrone.png
It has a falmethrower, but a weak one :p and a horrible range. Didn't learn of the recon raider?
We doesn't want something without range, because it can't not much and take damage. And the heavy
unit and light unit has a bonus against range unit and this range unit has a bonus against them. This
is amazing.:D:cool:

DeletedUser5097

Feedback for Inno/dev.

First the bad than the good.:)

The unit is a joke xd, no range for a range unit is realy strange, but it's okay for
the beta. The units bonus also a joke, but except for this it has a nice designe
en it's special skill is great too. Perfect against stealth units. The name is what
I realy like.:p My Nickname means in Englisch Dragon Knight, so its no wonder that
I like the Dragon Drone.:p

The diamond buildings that you can unlock. The decoration, well that you has to pay
the most expensive good in the game, Promethium to unlock it and than pay the most
rare and expensive in the game: diamonds and on top of that, I'm sorry to say, but not
much players like decorations. That in mind it wasn't a good idea at all. What a good idea
was, to don't make it necessary to unlock it to make progress in the TT.
A second diamond house... the tech. is cool and looks a bit Biopunk SF theme, but realy Inno,
why two diamond buildings of each type and why do we has to unlock them later in the TT. I understand
that you want to give diamond buildings more in the style of this age, but isn't it a idea
that you can unlock in the next theme future all the second diamond buildings by only
one tech. that diamond players can unlock and non-diamond players can ignore, or just make
it possible to built the second diamond buildings when a player unlock the first tech. of the
last episode of the next theme future? It's in my opinion even better.

Above was all what I didn't like, please Inno don't take it to hard. Everyboddy makes mistakes and
every one think on a diffrent way. So do I and it's only to make this game better and not to give
some negative feedback.;) Now the more positve things:

First of all it looks so diffrent. I can see Promethium is more importent and this gives a fresh and
a bit allien look. I like this. However I mis the snow :p in one of the missions in episode 2 there
was said that people want to let it snow by the weather control station. Maybe a idea to think
about that mission again? To make it maybe possible to give AT ep 4 players a function to start
snow like a winter event once and stop the snow when they doesn't want it (anymore)?

The tech. you make me so glad again. It's realy high tech. and some more basic things and thats
good. I realy like it and with epic pictures it makes more sense. I'm a fan of the new non-diamond
culture building. The tech. is a bit sinister with the culture building in mind, but it's fine.

A new expension, how doesn't want it?:p Love that, thank you. More crewmembers and I see something
that I like. What I once did ask for a GB, but a crewmember is even better. To boost the speed and
Promethium. That's great to improve the harbor. A upgrade for it is also great. How more crewmembers,
speed and Promethium how better.:D:cool:

DeletedUser5962

Did I miss the part where you tell us how we can finally use all our Arctic goods wasting away in the treasury???

qaccy

Emperor
Okay...the new unit looks really bad. If any of this feedback gets passed on, please, pass on that new units should not be designed in a vacuum. The developers seem to forget about previous ages when designing new units, and even about thoughtful bonus matchups at this point. Why would you give a 'ranged' unit a range of 1, and give it attack/defense bonuses against units that can not only strike back when attacked at that distance, but also have bonuses against ranged units? This unit kills itself if it tries attacking units it has a bonus against, probably taking more damage than it deals out because its stats are also subpar. 90 attack, 100 defense? Hardly stronger than a satellite spotter but at least they can hit from a great distance and not die after just one attack. Similar to the battle fortress, this unit is in need of some revising. Please don't let it get released on the live servers in its current form. A ranged unit needs to have range!

P.S. How come only Recon Raiders got an artillery bonus among the Arctic units? Usually there are at least two units per age who have a bonus against a certain unit type...unless you guys are planning on making the artillery counter itself?

DeletedUser5097

Afther some testing, the Dragon Drone isn't that useless as I did expect. It's
special skill Dragon Breath prevents damage from units that take revenge.
However the range that this unit can attack is limited by it's movement and
that's bad. On top of that, what Quaccy did said, it's stats are realy low... much
to low to deal good damage. Even Rogues has a higher attack stats.:eek:
Good point that no unit has a bonus against artillery, maybe that the Dragon
Drone can get this, because artillery (except for railguns) can't attack this
drones.

In black and wihte Inno:

Battle Fortress attack/defense: 160/150
Recon raider attack/defense: 180/100
Surogate soldiers attack/defense: 130/120

Dragon drone attack/defense: 90/100 <- too bad, rise it much, you can see how low the stats are...

Maybe for the Dragon drone attack/defense: 120/130 or 150/100? That makes the diffrents.:cool:

To the points, Inno:
- Dragon Drone need better stats... much better (don't make the same mistake as by the satalite spotter)
- Dragon Drone need good bonus against units that hasn't bonus against it, maybe light & artillery or heavy and artillery?
- Dragon Drone would be better with a bit more range, like the recon raider

HuscarlTW

Squire
I think the dragon drone is better than people are making it out to be.

It basically seems to be a unit styled along the lines of the Contemporary Era artillery unit, which was useful because it could destroy assault tanks very effectively. The drone has low damage because it's not intended for 1 on 1 combat. It's meant for blasting a group of units simultaneously, and the bonuses against light/heavy ensure that they hit hard against both. Additionally, they have 30 movement and flying, which lets them hit rail guns on turn 2, which means you can deal massive damage to them before the rail guns get a chance to hit you (after shooting rogues).

DeletedUser4381

It basically seems to be a unit styled along the lines of the Contemporary Era artillery unit, which was useful because it could destroy assault tanks very effectively. The drone has low damage because it's not intended for 1 on 1 combat. It's meant for blasting a group of units simultaneously, and the bonuses against light/heavy ensure that they hit hard against both. Additionally, they have 30 movement and flying, which lets them hit rail guns on turn 2, which means you can deal massive damage to them before the rail guns get a chance to hit you (after shooting rogues).

It might be useful in PvP and GvG, but it isn't so good for the campaign map. Unless Inno have changed target priority then Rail Guns aim for non-rogues for preference.

HuscarlTW

Squire
It might be useful in PvP and GvG, but it isn't so good for the campaign map. Unless Inno have changed target priority then Rail Guns aim for non-rogues for preference.
Ah, well I was referring to places besides the campaign map when I said that. In my experience the campaign map doesn't have a whole lot of rail guns anyway.

qaccy

Emperor

Combat drones from Tomorrow Era are much more effective than these drones at taking out RGs (and basically everything else). They have 30 movement, can strike from a distance, have higher attack, AND have a (small) bonus against artillery. This allows them to hit on turn one, deal more damage than these new dragon drones can, and not have to worry about retaliation either due to striking from range. Dragon drones are simply too weak to be effective. If they're going to have a range of 1, keep them similar to drone swarms and give them bonuses against units that don't retaliate when struck from an adjacent tile.

Lionhead

Baronet
Combat drones from Tomorrow Era are much more effective than these drones at taking out RGs (and basically everything else). They have 30 movement, can strike from a distance, have higher attack, AND have a (small) bonus against artillery. This allows them to hit on turn one, deal more damage than these new dragon drones can, and not have to worry about retaliation either due to striking from range. Dragon drones are simply too weak to be effective. If they're going to have a range of 1, keep them similar to drone swarms and give them bonuses against units that don't retaliate when struck from an adjacent tile.

The Dragon Drone also have 30 movement. It´s the 1 range which doesn´t allow it to hit on turn 1. And the Dragon Drone doesn´t take retaliation.
Besides that, allthough I think it´s a fun new ability, AND that it seems to work on auto-battle (the unit will seek targets, where the Dragon breath ability will come to use), AND I do like the 7% attack from the Dragon Drone Base, I´m not likely to use the unit. I loose more rogues during a GE-fight, than I do using my good old EA.