• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Fall Event 2017

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

sirblu

Baronet
OK - I finished the entire fall event and below are my over all comments
1. Apple Tree graphics are much better this year and really easy to see.
2. The event timer is out of sync with the ? end date. See the screen shot - the Event timer says I have 13 1/2 days left but the question mark icon says the event will last until September 28th which is 32 1/2 days. Unless of course the 13 1/2 days is when it will close on Beta and the 9/28 date is when it will end on the live servers.
3. Overall is was fun but too short - CAN I PLEASE START IT OVER??? I have 13 days left and no quests to do. I am going to miss Gueva Darn to play with.

Overall GOOD JOB with it I just think it needs more quests added!

sorry forget to upload the pic
fall event.jpg

Edit: NormaJeane - 2017-09-01 - Too large image(s), spoiler tags were added. Max size allowed is: 600x480 pixels.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser8134

I like the event, I like the upgrades to the Cider Mill. The only thing I didn't like was the new quest you created, "Solve 3 additional quests." For my LMA world no problem, I have one of the quests that rotates through easy things to do. For my EMA and Beta world, Iron Age, my only quests are things that advance my game like scouting and conquering.

DeletedUser5160

Disappointed in the Fall Event. Last year, it was much more active. I finished all 3 quest lines here on beta and can now only open a basket at best once every 3 days. I think I opened a total of 15ish baskets this year? Last year I was able to open much more since we had the 10 apples and 50 apples chance.

Edit: Counted up the quest apples and I found we get about 1500 from quests. After that, we are rotting on chance % from finding apples in our cities or planting apples in others' cities.

I did notice you removed the chance of getting apples back from baskets this year as well. put in 135 getting 200 back would let us keep feeding the baskets in hoping to get something we wanted... Observatory BPs are junk, VTs are junk, the rest of the prizes there are ... okay.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser8449

Does anyone know when the event go live?
On foe wiki is said 04.09, means next Monday, is this right?

DeletedUser7934

I have not read all previous comments, so not sure if this has been mentioned before.
I am on quest # 18 if the 3rd Questline

-Win 10 battles or donate 100 goods of your current era to the treasury
- Solve any other quest (eg story quest).

I thought solve any other quest, applies to any other task, given by any 'taskgiver'? I solved 'visit 30 taverns' from today's DC challenge, yet the task above (solve any other quest) did not complete. DC quests, are quests right? So they should count. (And I think when a DC quest asks to solve any other quest, solving a story or side or event quest counts, so the reverse should be true as well).

Anyway, then I went and did the 1st task of my storyline quest ("Build a goods building from your age or 2 from previous age', again this did not complete this quest (solve a quest).
Is this a bug? What do I need to do? My storyline currently asks me of two tasks.quests, one of which I completed and the other is "Research Water reservoirs or a tech that unlocks a military building". I am few days away from being able to do that.
My side quests also asks me to "Research Water reservoirs", so can't do that now either (and no I do not want to skip it and loose the reward for when I do research this. Plus I just entered LMA, and do not have tech (supply buildings) to do recurring quests yet, so no point skipping all the side quests for no reason.)

Also for the first task in this quest, it should include 'or of the previous era', as have similar quests do far. I just moved into LMA (due to all the quests and DC's often having 'research a tech', and did not have any current era goods yet!. Indeed initially I did not read it carefully and thought it would be current or previous era as had been the case so far, so donated 100 HMA goods. When that did not complete the quest, I looked at the condition more carefully, and saw it needed current era only. So I put up some trades which thankfully someone later took. I was lucky in this case. However, due to the chance that players have recently moved up eras (especially with all these research tech quests), such quests should always have an alternative for previous era (as had all good donations so far, and same as applies to build residential, recruit units, etc).

DeletedUser5429

I have not read all previous comments, so not sure if this has been mentioned before.
I am on quest # 18 if the 3rd Questline

-Win 10 battles or donate 100 goods of your current era to the treasury
- Solve any other quest (eg story quest).

I thought solve any other quest, applies to any other task, given by any 'taskgiver'? I solved 'visit 30 taverns' from today's DC challenge, yet the task above (solve any other quest) did not complete. DC quests, are quests right? So they should count. (And I think when a DC quest asks to solve any other quest, solving a story or side or event quest counts, so the reverse should be true as well).

Anyway, then I went and did the 1st task of my storyline quest ("Build a goods building from your age or 2 from previous age', again this did not complete this quest (solve a quest).
Is this a bug? What do I need to do? My storyline currently asks me of two tasks.quests, one of which I completed and the other is "Research Water reservoirs or a tech that unlocks a military building". I am few days away from being able to do that.
My side quests also asks me to "Research Water reservoirs", so can't do that now either (and no I do not want to skip it and loose the reward for when I do research this. Plus I just entered LMA, and do not have tech (supply buildings) to do recurring quests yet, so no point skipping all the side quests for no reason.)

Also for the first task in this quest, it should include 'or of the previous era', as have similar quests do far. I just moved into LMA (due to all the quests and DC's often having 'research a tech', and did not have any current era goods yet!. Indeed initially I did not read it carefully and thought it would be current or previous era as had been the case so far, so donated 100 HMA goods. When that did not complete the quest, I looked at the condition more carefully, and saw it needed current era only. So I put up some trades which thankfully someone later took. I was lucky in this case. However, due to the chance that players have recently moved up eras (especially with all these research tech quests), such quests should always have an alternative for previous era (as had all good donations so far, and same as applies to build residential, recruit units, etc).
A daily challenge is composed of (let us call them) tasks.
Neither of those are quests.

DeletedUser

Daily Challenges are not considered to be quests, they are challenges. Completing a challenge will not meet a requirement asking you to complete a quest.

DeletedUser7934

Daily Challenges are not considered to be quests, they are challenges. Completing a challenge will not meet a requirement asking you to complete a quest.

This is confusing. I am sure I have done a 'Solve any other quest' before but do not remember who asked me that. I think it was the nameless, ie it was a DC sub-task asking to solve any other quest, and just completing one other task (do not remember if it was side/story/event) completed this . But not 100% sure who had asked, and what type of quest I completed to solve it.

Anyway @Zarok Dai, if you read my earlier post. I also completed a task asked in the storyline quest (build a goods building) and still the solve a quest was not completed.

DeletedUser7934

Yes but event quests and story quests can also be composed of one or two sub-quests/tasks. (it is not always one thing you have to do, could be two). Are then these also quests or not? Else it would be unfair for someone who has a storyline that asks him to do 2 things, versus someone whose story line asks him only one thing. (if in the earlier case someone needs to solve two sub-taks to complete it, whereas the latter only one). And I am pretty sure last time I was asked (do not remember by who) to 'solve any other quest' it was completed when I completed one task, even if the questgiver was asking for two. ie getting one "tick mark", solved it. Now (for event quest #18) it doesn't.

DeletedUser7239

If it
Does anyone know when the event go live?
On foe wiki is said 04.09, means next Monday, is this right?
if it goes live the way it is, meaning to spend diamonds and diamonds,and only get crap i think you would not miss it.

DeletedUser7986

I have built the Bountiful Cider Mill and the first day it was nicely animated (on PC) with a turning waterwheel and running water, but now it isn't anymore. Is this intentional?

TheFlyingMan

Merchant
I don't think there was an official announcement of the start date, but it's said somewhere that the event lasts for 24 days, and that it ends on the 28th of September...
Do your maths ;-)

mbk28

Baronet
perhaps for me, but for those who will finish 1 or 2 day before the ends, they will not have enough apples (and I buy apples 2 times with diamants to test)

DeletedUser7239

Event has been announced on live server, and from what i read you(inno) changed NOTHING.
Why do you keep wasting our time with feedback if everything stays always the same? or you want free labor to find your own game mistakes?count me out from now on.
Everyone should teach you a lesson(no money spend) to show you that we are not idiots neither we are just €€€ to you.
Very disappointed, very very.