• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Fall Event 2017

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

DeletedUser7503

overall the event is nice but with the chances of winning a prize so small you should double the number of apples people get so they can at least enjoy trying to win something nice. giving drummers, colorguards etc is a slap in face

qaccy

Emperor
Next event: 10,000 free diamonds for completing the quests, package containing an age-appropriate champion's retreat, rogue hideout, building set of your choice, a level up voucher for any GB, plus 500k medals and 200 FP

Feedback: That's all? 10k diamonds doesn't really do very much, I have no space for these buildings and 200 FP in the bar instead of packs? Worst event ever, Inno's stupid, rabble rabble rabble

^^^^^^ feedback threads in a nutshell. Some people just won't be satisfied and expect any and all rewards to be greater than the effort (or lack thereof) needed to obtain them.

DeletedUser

I like this event because of the extra apple trees we get via aiding.
The quest are not overly difficult either I think.
The prizes in the chests I find somewhat disappointing yet I realize these are mainly for newcomers.
I like the upgrades of the Cidermill and also to have the opportunity to win an other today.
Especially because upgrading it was sort of a pity to me because the Cidermill as was, was nice and small and produced well for it's size.
I regret there is only a portrait for males this year.
It would be nice if both genders are represented in such bigger events.
That said I have not done all the quests yet so probably a female is yet to come.

DeletedUser5097

I like this event because of the extra apple trees we get via aiding.
The quest are not overly difficult either I think.
The prizes in the chests I find somewhat disappointing yet I realize these are mainly for newcomers.
I like the upgrades of the Cidermill and also to have the opportunity to win an other today.
Especially because upgrading it was sort of a pity to me because the Cidermill as was, was nice and small and produced well for it's size.
I regret there is only a portrait for males this year.
It would be nice if both genders are represented in such bigger events.
That said I have not done all the quests yet so probably a female is yet to come.
I did all misions and the only avatar I got was one by completing the 10th mission of
the first serie event missions. So I hope for you there is somewhere a female avatar
in the missions.

DeletedUser7503

drummers ......... colorguard..................rouges................. 10 FRAKN FP like that's a prize?????? the chances of getting crap like that is so high at least they could do is give us a few more tries without buying diamonds which is probably all they care about anyway.

Edit: NormaJeane - 2017-09-18 - replaced an inappropriate word.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser7239

drummers ......... colorguard..................rouges................. 10 FRAKN FP like that's a prize?????? the chances of getting crap like that is so high at least they could do is give us a few more tries without buying diamonds which is probably all they care about anyway.

They even did not answer me hahaha its obvious their objectives, but they will see soon that profit will be the lowest ever and i hope it remains like that until we players have a say.

jtrucker

Baronet
Final opinion:
I actually like quest events one after another, so I'm biased positively (usually) :)

1. The tasks - they were fun, not excruciatingly difficult, quite fast actually. Some of them brand new as well ("Finish any other quest"...), cool to that.

2. The main reward - cool. Cider Mill was always really nice building even if that was just a plain supply production building - small footprint with big production. One of a few I actually do like to use reno kit on. The multiple upgrade is nice too and 3x5 size for 3 fps/day is good. 3xSoK would need 3 less space, but the mill has the option of variable production and for FPs you do not rely on motivation (although it probably never happened that the SoK would remain unmotivated)

3. The baskets - TERRIBLE. I spend ALL apples obtained in the all three quests for the more expensive basket (didn't count the apples total, but simply ALL of them) and I got 2x 5% price and ALL others were 10% prices, not a single 20% or any other which still was there. No one will convince me, that the math is correct unless they send me copy of the code so I can see it in my own eyes, and they won't do that. So it is broken in my opinion (and scanning through the feedback forum, I'm not the only one with that experience. No, I'm not accusing anyone of deliberately tampering with it, I merely suggest that there MIGHT be a typo in the code, or an innocent error in the formula).

4. The price of the "better" basket is too high for the amount of apples possible to get and it was discussed before.

5. The grand price - the fact that they killed "neighbors working together" is the worst nerf they did yet. It is stupid, plain and simple. Mathematically, working at it alone you can get ONLY the first grand price. (up to today I got and spent 1965 apples) End of story. Unless you spend tons of diamonds (for unreasonable price), which I didn't (I did use the free diamonds they gave us for "testing the event" to speed up tasks such as recruiting units or Scouting the province).

6. Apples around city/Aiding - that was cool last year and it remained cool. I actually found quite a few apple trees daily. Not enough for the second grand price yet, might get there by the event end.

So all after all - the only think Inno is interested in: No, I did not discover any bug, it worked, I had no glitches, no freezing of computer, no other technical issues apart from the math as I said before.
Inno is NOT interested in opinions and suggestions other than software glitches, as we saw again and again, so - yes, Inno, go ahead and run it live, it works, although (paragraphs 3, 4 and 5) it really sucks and you will hear from a lot of unhappy people.

Nevertheless, even with the wrong math, the event will award everyone, who finishes all three quest lines and spends all apples, with 2 cider mills and 3 upgrades, so each and every player CAN get one fully upgraded cider mill for free.

DeletedUser7239

yeah
Final opinion:
I actually like quest events one after another, so I'm biased positively (usually) :)

1. The tasks - they were fun, not excruciatingly difficult, quite fast actually. Some of them brand new as well ("Finish any other quest"...), cool to that.

2. The main reward - cool. Cider Mill was always really nice building even if that was just a plain supply production building - small footprint with big production. One of a few I actually do like to use reno kit on. The multiple upgrade is nice too and 3x5 size for 3 fps/day is good. 3xSoK would need 3 less space, but the mill has the option of variable production and for FPs you do not rely on motivation (although it probably never happened that the SoK would remain unmotivated)

3. The baskets - TERRIBLE. I spend ALL apples obtained in the all three quests for the more expensive basket (didn't count the apples total, but simply ALL of them) and I got 2x 5% price and ALL others were 10% prices, not a single 20% or any other which still was there. No one will convince me, that the math is correct unless they send me copy of the code so I can see it in my own eyes, and they won't do that. So it is broken in my opinion (and scanning through the feedback forum, I'm not the only one with that experience. No, I'm not accusing anyone of deliberately tampering with it, I merely suggest that there MIGHT be a typo in the code, or an innocent error in the formula).

4. The price of the "better" basket is too high for the amount of apples possible to get and it was discussed before.

5. The grand price - the fact that they killed "neighbors working together" is the worst nerf they did yet. It is stupid, plain and simple. Mathematically, working at it alone you can get ONLY the first grand price. (up to today I got and spent 1965 apples) End of story. Unless you spend tons of diamonds (for unreasonable price), which I didn't (I did use the free diamonds they gave us for "testing the event" to speed up tasks such as recruiting units or Scouting the province).

6. Apples around city/Aiding - that was cool last year and it remained cool. I actually found quite a few apple trees daily. Not enough for the second grand price yet, might get there by the event end.

So all after all - the only think Inno is interested in: No, I did not discover any bug, it worked, I had no glitches, no freezing of computer, no other technical issues apart from the math as I said before.
Inno is NOT interested in opinions and suggestions other than software glitches, as we saw again and again, so - yes, Inno, go ahead and run it live, it works, although (paragraphs 3, 4 and 5) it really sucks and you will hear from a lot of unhappy people.

Nevertheless, even with the wrong math, the event will award everyone, who finishes all three quest lines and spends all apples, with 2 cider mills and 3 upgrades, so each and every player CAN get one fully upgraded cider mill for free.

yeah they say they never tamper with the % but guess what, in about 30~40 mixed shots (10~20%), only got a ww.
Or they are really bad at math, or there is a code bug(nothing new here since game now seems more forge of bugs), or something fishy elsewhere.
What i do know;
After my friends on live server know how this event was made, it seems almost no one will spend diamonds, that is good news overall for us players :)
Sure there is a positive thing in this, we get a 3x5 bulding for free that produces 3pf, not bad at all if 0€ are spent. ;)

qaccy

Emperor
They even did not answer me hahaha its obvious their objectives, but they will see soon that profit will be the lowest ever and i hope it remains like that until we players have a say.

Crying for attention just makes you look entitled and even more whiny. There's no obligation for anyone from Inno to 'answer you', especially when, to be blunt, your posts suck and you recycle the tired old 'let's see what happens if this number of people that's smaller than I think it is doesn't buy diamonds anymore' excuse. The fact of the matter is, far more people do (and don't) buy diamonds in the game as a whole compared to the small forum crowd. Even if this forum had 100 active users, there are still thousands of active players in the overall game so forum users who threaten to 'boycott Inno' are not a very large portion of players. Also, none of us have any say in what happens with the game, and that's how it's always been. And that's not a bad thing, because if this game was developed purely by player suggestions it would have died years ago because the majority of us have no idea how to create a balanced game that's able to last. You think you know more than you actually do because you're frustrated and try using emotionally-charged 'feedback' to guide your posts when good feedback should be objective, not subjective.

As a final point, the developers do respond plenty. Or do you just want to gloss over all of their replies because they aren't tailored exactly to what you want? Quit acting like a child.

DeletedUser7239

Crying for attention just makes you look entitled and even more whiny. There's no obligation for anyone from Inno to 'answer you', especially when, to be blunt, your posts suck and you recycle the tired old 'let's see what happens if this number of people that's smaller than I think it is doesn't buy diamonds anymore' excuse. The fact of the matter is, far more people do (and don't) buy diamonds in the game as a whole compared to the small forum crowd. Even if this forum had 100 active users, there are still thousands of active players in the overall game so forum users who threaten to 'boycott Inno' are not a very large portion of players. Also, none of us have any say in what happens with the game, and that's how it's always been. And that's not a bad thing, because if this game was developed purely by player suggestions it would have died years ago because the majority of us have no idea how to create a balanced game that's able to last. You think you know more than you actually do because you're frustrated and try using emotionally-charged 'feedback' to guide your posts when good feedback should be objective, not subjective.

As a final point, the developers do respond plenty. Or do you just want to gloss over all of their replies because they aren't tailored exactly to what you want? Quit acting like a child.

First,exposing facts is not crying for attention so when you answer someone that is right, use your brain if you have any.
Second, everyone buys diamonds myself included, but not for this event, got it? and yes, your right in one thing but very away from it LOL, the ones that do not use the forum are the ones that will not spent, because they just do not give a s*** anymore about the game :D
Third, boycot is not a threat, just a option, if you agree that they are doing everything good, something is wrong with you, but thats your right to do so.
Forth, i do not want an answer, WE want an answer, see the dif? if they do not want our feedback, so do not open topics asking to do so, just do the way they want it.
Fifth, point me an answer to players sugestions regarding fall event.
Six, dude get a spine, saying that my post sucks but you do zero to help the problem, at the least i did propose options, and what did you do instead of insulting others? ;)

DeletedUser6908

I haven't bought a single apple with diamonds and am already well past the mark to get the 2nd grand prize, 2708 apples total. Doubt that I'll make the 3rd grand prize but everyone should get the first 2.

jtrucker

Baronet
I haven't bought a single apple with diamonds and am already well past the mark to get the 2nd grand prize, 2708 apples total. Doubt that I'll make the 3rd grand prize but everyone should get the first 2.

Congrats, good for you mate. I just collected 6 trees so I got another 12 apples, that's for today. Can't motivate until 2 hours later. I am what my name says = trucker = can't play during a day, only once a day in the evening. So I always collected what I could, but freely admit that some of my apple trees might have died uncollected. Anyway, so far I had 2100 apples, so still 100 short of the second Grand prize. Dunno when the event ends (wiki says the dates on live servers, not on beta) so there is a hope I will get the second Grand prize. The third is out of question of course. But to get fully upgraded ONE Cider mill, you need just the first one. I guess that's how it was set up by Inno, who knows.
Oh and btw I got another 10% prize. Hehe, not that I wanted the daily special, I didn't, but I kinda "knew" that I won't get it anyway, so I didn't wait for it to change, went ahead and bought the more expensive basket. And the crooked math did not disappoint. Mind you, I'm not complaining this time :) I do not need another Champion's retreat, I am much happier with the Victory Tower:)

DeletedUser

Forth, i do not want an answer, WE want an answer, see the dif? if they do not want our feedback, so do not open topics asking to do so, just do the way they want it.

I have to disagree with this, strongly.
Myself, and I am sure several of our active forum community members could post links of my posts to you right now that demonstrate myself, the devs, and the designers do listen to your feedback. I have made many posts this year showing we have made fixes, done rebalancing, and improvements, that were directly related to the feedback we received from our valued community here on Beta.
I understand any player being frustrated at times over features in the game, but it's not fair to make blanket statements that we never listen to you, because we do, and I am proud of being part of that.

yeah they say they never tamper with the % but guess what, in about 30~40 mixed shots (10~20%), only got a ww.
Or they are really bad at math, or there is a code bug(nothing new here since game now seems more forge of bugs), or something fishy elsewhere.

I have replied to this in more tickets through the years than I can count.
First, a percentage chance at a given result can not be tested with reliable results in a small sample group.
The best example I can make is rolling a 6 sided dice. Technically you have a 1 in 6 chance of rolling any given number (16.66%). However, when rolling a dice, you can see very different results from these odds.
It's possible to roll a dice dozens, or even 50 to 100 times and still never roll a specific number. Yet someone else could roll the same dice and roll multiple 1's in a row.
Is it likely, or probable that this can happen? No. Can it happen? Yes it can.
I have played this game long enough to have experience in multiple occurrences of seasonal events. Some years I do well, other years I have dismal results. Does this mean I think the mechanics are skewed? No I don't. It means that when chance is involved, sometimes it works in your favor, and other times it doesn't.

Just my opinion, thanks all :)
Z.D.

DeletedUser6908

Congrats, good for you mate. I just collected 6 trees so I got another 12 apples, that's for today. Can't motivate until 2 hours later. I am what my name says = trucker = can't play during a day, only once a day in the evening. So I always collected what I could, but freely admit that some of my apple trees might have died uncollected. Anyway, so far I had 2100 apples, so still 100 short of the second Grand prize. Dunno when the event ends (wiki says the dates on live servers, not on beta) so there is a hope I will get the second Grand prize. The third is out of question of course. But to get fully upgraded ONE Cider mill, you need just the first one. I guess that's how it was set up by Inno, who knows.
Oh and btw I got another 10% prize. Hehe, not that I wanted the daily special, I didn't, but I kinda "knew" that I won't get it anyway, so I didn't wait for it to change, went ahead and bought the more expensive basket. And the crooked math did not disappoint. Mind you, I'm not complaining this time :) I do not need another Champion's retreat, I am much happier with the Victory Tower:)

Gotcha, didn't think about people who can only log in once and those with smaller Guild & friends lists. For those it will be harder to accumulate apples of course.

As of this post the Event has 7 days & 8 hours to go so still plenty of time to snag 100 apples. You can click on the ? in the upper right to see the countdown clock.

jtrucker

Baronet
Gotcha, didn't think about people who can only log in once and those with smaller Guild & friends lists. For those it will be harder to accumulate apples of course.

As of this post the Event has 7 days & 8 hours to go so still plenty of time to snag 100 apples. You can click on the ? in the upper right to see the countdown clock.

One more catch... On live server my guild members are in my friends list as well (so we can visit each other in the tavern), thus that lowers the number of aiding. It is not the case here on Beta though. But yeah you're right, everyone should get 2 Grand prizes, my mistake.
Would be hard decision then (everyone should end up with 2 cider mills and 4 upgrades as minimum) - one fully upgraded Cider mill and one on first upgrade? Or both on the middle one.. :) Grand total would be 4 FPs/day in both cases (assuming that will be the main production anyway...), so it will be decided only by the size/shape of those buildings I guess...

And thanks for the hint about the countdown. I had no idea it is there. That helps a lot. Never looked at the help page :)

Last edited:

DeletedUser5955

1. Apple trees
they are annoying in current state. They give 2 to 5 apples per tree, yet the amount of apples reuired for basket or prize is enormous in comparison.
some time ago trees were giving 5,10,20,50 apples and that amount was alright and fair.

2. Apples from City capitol - there should be some amount for daily collection (im suggesting 100, due to rerasons mentioned above)

3. Cider mill - waste of space and waste of time getting it. even when developed to a maximum size it sill can be plundered, and only thing worth producing is FPs (3 FPs per 15 squares), and since here i can win SoKs, lets count, 1 SoK is 4 squares and 1 FP. now for 16 squares i have 4 FPs and for 12 squares i have 3 FPs. so Again Cider mill is a waste of space. and whats worse i realy thoungt itll be like maypole which after upgrade gives bonus to supplies, and since you put multiple upgrades why not make it someting totaly diffrent?

there are 4 level in total:

1: normal production building
2: X% bonus for supply production
3: X% bonus for supply and coin production
4: X% bonus for supply and coin production and Y% for goods production countin production buildings and goods from GBs.

now that would be something new and something worth placing under 1 condition: X would have to be at least 14% and Y whould have to be around 20%.

DeletedUser7239

I have to disagree with this, strongly.
Myself, and I am sure several of our active forum community members could post links of my posts to you right now that demonstrate myself, the devs, and the designers do listen to your feedback. I have made many posts this year showing we have made fixes, done rebalancing, and improvements, that were directly related to the feedback we received from our valued community here on Beta.
I understand any player being frustrated at times over features in the game, but it's not fair to make blanket statements that we never listen to you, because we do, and I am proud of being part of that.

I have replied to this in more tickets through the years than I can count.
First, a percentage chance at a given result can not be tested with reliable results in a small sample group.
The best example I can make is rolling a 6 sided dice. Technically you have a 1 in 6 chance of rolling any given number (16.66%). However, when rolling a dice, you can see very different results from these odds.
It's possible to roll a dice dozens, or even 50 to 100 times and still never roll a specific number. Yet someone else could roll the same dice and roll multiple 1's in a row.
Is it likely, or probable that this can happen? No. Can it happen? Yes it can.
I have played this game long enough to have experience in multiple occurrences of seasonal events. Some years I do well, other years I have dismal results. Does this mean I think the mechanics are skewed? No I don't. It means that when chance is involved, sometimes it works in your favor, and other times it doesn't.

Just my opinion, thanks all :)
Z.D.

Hi, first i would like to thank your answer, its good to know at least we are heard in some way.
I hope devs really changed something in fall event,as you can see its not good in terms of what i said before, anyway its 2 days away to see what they changed at all :)
I do know alot about probabilities, and what you said its true yeah, but i have the feeling at least on beta, its harder to get something good this year in fall event .
Thanks for your answer :)

DeletedUser5955

@legiox
onlything good is WW and SoK.

@Zarok Dai
Can u tell anything about upcoming winter event?
i truly hope THERE WONT BE ANY CHANGES.

it is best event of the year and is actualy perfect with no need of changes.