• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Fall Event 2017

DeletedUser

I opened today 10 times the 135 basket... the SoK had a 20% chance. I was bit surprised that high chance it had.
But... guess what! From 10 tries no single SoK at that high chance. Is it really 20% chance!? Come on! At least a single poor SoK for this chance....
20% chance per try to get one is 10.7% to get none in 10 tries

DeletedUser8341

Legiox - I wouldn't hold my breath, we are RARELY heard.
Actually, that is not fair. Inno does listen when we report a bug, but by experience they listen ONLY when we report of bug (and they try to fix it).
But so far (bvy what I read and saw) they absolutely do not care about suggestions...
If you had been following the feedback thread, you would realise how wrong you are (one example here). They do not implement ALL suggestions but quite fankly, that would be impossible when some people are saying "it is about right" some are saying "it is too hard" while others say "it is too easy." They certainly seem to be listening, though.

jtrucker

Baronet
If you had been following the feedback thread, you would realise how wrong you are (one example here). They do not implement ALL suggestions but quite fankly, that would be impossible when some people are saying "it is about right" some are saying "it is too hard" while others say "it is too easy." They certainly seem to be listening, though.

Sorry, my bad, will re-post. nevertheless I stand behind my words. I understand that Inno must make money, it is business after all. I just don't like when they try to make too much money for too little reward. And sorry, that is the case here (to a point). If we look at it like getting good building (=upgraded cider mill) for free, it is all good. If anyone expect anything more for free, well... good luck:).
Didn't see ANY post saying that the stuff is too cheap. But many many complains that the price for basket is too high and the grand price without neighbors too difficult... and they don't want to hear it. End of story. Just scanned through the feedback thread and basically majority of the posts are similar to mine. The only thing they listen to is, when we discover a software glitch/bug, after all that is the main purpose of Beta, I know, but players' suggestions? Hahahaha
Or they listen like with those incidents? That when the reward is coins/supplies, it is way too low for given era and should (REALLY SHOULD!) be at the same level as aiding in that era (that is quite logical, isn't it?).. so they listened and LOWERED the coins/supplies amount hahahaha Yes, they do listen. Sorry...

DeletedUser7239

So, show me something they change after all of our feedback, and i am only talking about the fall event (their gold diamond chicken for now).

DeletedUser8341

So, show me something they change after all of our feedback, and i am only talking about the fall event (their gold diamond chicken for now).
No, I won't show you, since you prove that you can't be bothered to read what Inno are saying and prefer just to bad-mouth them.

I will tell you one thing that anyone doing even slightly serious testing has realised by now, which was changed as a result of feedback. If you do not attempt a day's Challenge, or fail at it, you no longer lose all accumulated points towards the 7-day challenge: you only lose one point.

Now, you be a sensible lad and go find Inno's announcement for even that one thing that has been changed.

DeletedUser7239

No, I won't show you, since you prove that you can't be bothered to read what Inno are saying and prefer just to bad-mouth them.

I will tell you one thing that anyone doing even slightly serious testing has realised by now, which was changed as a result of feedback. If you do not attempt a day's Challenge, or fail at it, you no longer lose all accumulated points towards the 7-day challenge: you only lose one point.

Now, you be a sensible lad and go find Inno's announcement for even that one thing that has been changed.

I am not talking about that, i ask about fall event. did anything changed at all?
Never said anything wrong about inno or anyone that was a lie..or did i?They are the wrong ones here not me, so do not try to play me,or turn the table around, you will lose even before starting it lol.
The problem is that some people are not used to confrontation..guess what, not gonna happen with me, if a topic was opened to leave feedback, sorry i will not boot kiss what i think is wrong.
again i ask..DID anything changed about the fall event with all of this feedback?

Last edited by a moderator:

Macha

Squire
i think they took last years fall event feedback on board & made the trees more visible this year, which i find a big improvement

DeletedUser7239

Sometimes i think i am from another planet lol.
So lets see why i said that.
Last year we had the same event mecanics that is presented today, but what causes the rebelion?lets take a close look what is really bad.
A) first they removed Neighborhood Goal meaning that every player in the NH did help to gain something. they removed it why? profit!(zero respect for players).
B)Cost for the greak basket increased to 135 apples? why? profit again.(2x zero respect to players).
C)Apple reduced from 7,10,20,50 to 2,3,5. why? profit (3x zero player respect).
D)Why this year the 20%/10% seems harder to get anything good from it? dunno.. but it is fishy, since it happens to more players.
Now i ask. i am the one bad-mouth them or they are the ones wrong here?
But the amazing is that are some that agree with all of this lol

Source.
http://forgeofempires.wikia.com/wiki/2016_Fall_Event

Last edited by a moderator:

jtrucker

Baronet

D)Why this year the 20%/10% seems harder to get anything good from it? dunno.. but it is fishy, since it happens to more players.

Source.

Well, I have to agree with this and I simply repeat it again. I do not think someone is deliberately tampering with it, but there must be an innocent error/typo. Last year (looking at the wiki, cuz I don't remember all the numbers) the % varied while today they are MOSTLY 10% with a few exception. That means the mathematical part of the code couldn't have been taken from last year program and had to be rewritten. Secondly, last year the better basket was 35% (!) cheaper than today and - yes - offered lower chance to win daily special - "only" 10%. Nevertheless I personally won several daily specials.

Today the better basket is way too expensive (for the total amount of apples you can get in the event) so you cannot have as many baskets as last year. That's supposed to be balanced by doubling the chance of getting daily special (20%). Yet - so far - while I believe someone perhaps somewhere won one or few, the majority of people writing here did not. So it all points to a coding error somewhere in the formula.
And I would really appreciate (since Innogame supposedly reads this even if they do not respond that often) if a real Inno's CODER, the programmer, writes here something like "I did personally check the code right now and there is no (or there was and it is corrected now, thank you) mathematical error".
And I promise that if the programmer in person writes it, I will believe it. Not the forum moderators, who, while having the best intentions, simply CANNOT KNOW whether there is an error in the code or not. Simple as that.

And I'm not accusing anyone of anything. I wrote my share of comp programs and errors happen. Actually program with zero errors hasn't been written yet.
So I'm just giving honest feedback about possible error and am waiting if I get honest answer from the programmer. Thank you.

DeletedUser4381

So I'm just giving honest feedback about possible error and am waiting if I get honest answer from the programmer. Thank you.

Just to say; you'll never get that reply about the inner workings of the code, so stop worrying about it.

I'm not going to bother with general feedback any more - especially given the lack of reply from Inno to my previous (extremely) in-depth effort - but I'll explain this particular quirk in simple terms.

Whilst the 20% chance appears high, it's actually diluted by the fact that there are lots of prizes to win. Increased percentage odds work best for players at lower numbers (say 3-4 prizes) because there's a smaller pool of results before the higher percentage is triggered again. (This is why the Daily Challenges have such a high percentage for the rubbish prize in amongst the decent stuff, with the good prizes having much lower percentages.)

The more prizes there are the higher the chance of having rewards spread across them, meaning the odds are that you'll end up on something other that the "best" prize.

It's a well known scheme for things like raffles, at least at the start of them... (Raffles are actually better because they have the benefit of an inbuilt counterbalance that means the best prize odds increase each time the worst prizes are won.)
The Fall Chests are much more of a scam, in that the odds of getting the best prize never increase even when you get dross, and the game is designed to give you the dross.

That's why people aren't getting 20% chests every one-in-five, and why I'm not fussed about the event so much. I'll probably get the main prize, purely through the quests being mostly achieveable, but I'm certainly not going to stress over the rewards being offered and will likely skip the event on a few of my main worlds.

DeletedUser8341

The more prizes there are the higher the chance of having rewards spread across them, meaning the odds are that you'll end up on something other that the "best" prize.
You seem to be saying that
20% (best prize), 10%, 10%,10%, 10%,10%, 10%,10%, 10%
is less likely to deliver the 20% than
20% (best prize), 30%, 50%.

If that is what you are saying, you are wrong. The chance of getting the 20% prize is exactly the same, each and every time (day). In the first instance, however, if each of the 10% results in a different booby-prize, you could end up with a wider range of booby prizes (though one man's junk can be another man's treasure).

DeletedUser7239

If that is what you are saying, you are wrong. The chance of getting the 20% prize is exactly the same, each and every time (day). In the first instance, however, if each of the 10% results in a different booby-prize, you could end up with a wider range of booby prizes (though one man's junk can be another man's treasure).

Yeah see todays prize options, i am pretty sure everyone wants a 10% boost crate for 135 apples {/irony mode off}

DeletedUser4381

You misunderstood what I said... Nowhere did I say that the smaller range of prizes would have the 20% chance assigned to the best prize. (To whit; it's clearly impossible for a prize count of less than 6 to have the odds for the best prize be the highest at 20%)

I'd explain more, but I really can't be bothered.

DeletedUser7942

So lets see why i said that.
Last year we had the same event mecanics that is presented today, but what causes the rebelion?lets take a close look what is really bad.
A) first they removed Neighborhood Goal meaning that every player in the NH did help to gain something. they removed it why? profit!(zero respect for players).
B)Cost for the greak basket increased to 135 apples? why? profit again.(2x zero respect to players).
C)Apple reduced from 7,10,20,50 to 2,3,5. why? profit (3x zero player respect).
Now i ask. i am the one bad-mouth them or they are the ones wrong here?
But the amazing is that are some that agree with all of this lol

Source.
I hate posting this as a reply since it's often a typical cliche response but simple fact is it's a business and as such they're going to do what they believe will sustain profitability and growth like any other business. Notice the lack of diamonds as rewards from every event in 2017? I did, sure that's no mistake either.

DeletedUser4381

I hate posting this as a reply since it's often a typical cliche response but simple fact is it's a business and as such they're going to do what they believe will sustain profitability and growth like any other business. Notice the lack of diamonds as rewards from every event in 2017? I did, sure that's no mistake either.

Aye. It's a vicious circle;
People don't like the event rewards (or the odds of getting them) and stop buying diamonds
Inno reduce the odds/quality for rewards to increase the pressure to buy diamonds to get them

Repeat until a settled base of buyers are there.

jtrucker

Baronet
Lady - well, it is my deep believe, that you can make much more money by selling 20 times something for $5 than selling 5 times something for $20. So if Inno really reacts like that, it is very shortsighted business-wise. I will (and do) spend $$ if there are nice/high odds of getting something valuable, but if the odds are bad, I just don't even try. And every good business person knows that. It is in human nature, so... it doesn't have to be vicious circle. Improving the odds and/or lowering the price would bring them loads of $$.
I would dare to bet that people would spend more diamond for apples if the price of the "better" basket remained 100 apples. Last year you'd get 3 baskets for some $25 in diamonds, this year only 2. And sorry, 2 chances of something like a booster crate (when there isn't even the SoK in the baskets anymore) is not worth $25. Simple as that.