• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Daily Challenges

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

DeletedUser5429

next daily xxxxxxx (censored)...one of the questparts today is to collect 130 goods.I got 5 buildings for goods...I can only make this quest, if I will produce 3 x 8 hours in one of them....sorry, I´m an old woman and need my sleep - yesterday 60 taverns, today this...I want my friend TH back...
Use the market.
Or bazaars, oasis, and so on.
Or if you can, recurring quests.

DeletedUser

next daily xxxxxxx (censored)...one of the questparts today is to collect 130 goods.I got 5 buildings for goods...I can only make this quest, if I will produce 3 x 8 hours in one of them....sorry, I´m an old woman and need my sleep - yesterday 60 taverns, today this...I want my friend TH back...
go to the market:
trade 130 goods
done.

one of the easiest conditions in the daily challege

DeletedUser7529

What happens if someone switch time from ie 12.00 to 01.00 (or 23.00) ? Is this mean next daily challenge will have timer down by 11 (13 for 23.00 version) hours or extended by 13 hours (11 hours for 23.00 time version)?

SergeB1

Squire
You can accomplish this quest to buy/exchange goods on market.

vesgouo

Baronet
Posting this here as well.
So currently we're looking into the possibilities of introducing a setting where each player can decide what is the best Daily Challenge start time for themselves.
The way we think it could work is that you could change the start time to an hour of your choice. This change would apply from the next day on (with the next day being understood as "from midnight on").
Please let us know what you think. Do you believe that this would solve the stated issues? Can you foresee any troubles or possible edge cases that you think should be covered?
We're waiting for your comments in the feedback thread.

Yours,
The Forge of Empires Team - Team Beta

I liked the idea of being able to choose the time.

But I still think the whole event should be completely abolished...

DeletedUser8095

Thanks to all the people which told me about the market...it was new for me...but it will never kill my aversion against the dailies...at th it was no problem. If I miss one day, next day everything will be the same...if I miss in between, no problem, I´ll start again. the dailies got good items, but if you miss a part, all work is for nothing and if you miss a day, the counter for the 7 days get back...

Manganite

Merchant

Greetings Beta,

We tackled most of the feedback raised about DC so far, but didn't yet address the concern about the 8AM server time start time for Daily Challenges. We saw concern from players who have their logins restricted to certain parts of the day, reducing the amount of time available to solve a Challenge. There's also a potential issue with time-zones for language-versions serving large geographical regions.
There's also another issue on our minds: if you login to the game at 7:30 AM, you may feel the need to wait and only begin your in-game actions after the Daily Challenge has begun and you know what it wants you to do. This is something that we really don't want.

So currently we're looking into the possibilities of introducing a setting where each player can decide what is the best Daily Challenge start time for themselves.
The way we think it could work is that you could change the start time to an hour of your choice. This change would apply from the next day on (with the next day being understood as "from midnight on").

Please let us know what you think. Do you believe that this would solve the stated issues? Can you foresee any troubles or possible edge cases that you think should be covered?

Yours,

Why not simply starting the new quest timer with the first login after the 24h period of the last quest?

DeletedUser

but if you miss a part, all work is for nothing and if you miss a day, the counter for the 7 days get back...

It no longer resets to zero if you miss a day. It just subtracts 1 from the progress.

LadyHecate

Marquis
I had an option today (or was it yesterday? It's been a busy weekend) that gave me a 20% chance of a production building and .. ooh look .. a 30% chance of a production building.

While I realise this still works and might not be counted as a bug, it looks silly and should either be concatenated to give a 50% chance, or avoided altogether.
In most Ages/Eras, some Production buildings (normally the ones slightly later in the Tech Tree), are more highly regarded than the slightly earlier ones. As such, you would probably have had a 30% chance of getting the earlier Tech production building and a 20% chance of getting one that sits later in the Tech Tree; e.g. if I was in AF I would much rather win the later Dry Dock building rather than the earlier Recycling Wheel.

DeletedUser5097

Greetings Beta,

We tackled most of the feedback raised about DC so far, but didn't yet address the concern about the 8AM server time start time for Daily Challenges. We saw concern from players who have their logins restricted to certain parts of the day, reducing the amount of time available to solve a Challenge. There's also a potential issue with time-zones for language-versions serving large geographical regions.
There's also another issue on our minds: if you login to the game at 7:30 AM, you may feel the need to wait and only begin your in-game actions after the Daily Challenge has begun and you know what it wants you to do. This is something that we really don't want.

Yours,
This might be the sollution. So if I'm right this system will start the timer from the time that you
loged in, or does the timer start after selecting the wanted chest?

The challanger chest has been improved a lot, thanks for it. Just a small suggestion for it. It would be great if
the possible rewards of the challanger chest would change after recieving it. Maybe even with special
DC buildings, I think exclusive DC buildings would stimulate players to play DC much more, like GE buildings
did with GE and it turnt out with one of the greatest buildings in the game and I'm very thankfull for that and
I believe many another players.

LadyHecate

Marquis
Just a small suggestion for it. It would be great if
the possible rewards of the challanger chest would change after recieving it. Maybe even with special
DC buildings, I think exclusive DC buildings would stimulate players to play DC much more, like GE buildings
did with GE and it turnt out with one of the greatest buildings in the game and I'm very thankfull for that and
I believe many with me.
Absolutely agree! Please (occasionally at least) refresh the contents of the Challenger's Chest and include some DC-themed buildings only available via the Challenger's Chest.

DeletedUser5097

Absolutely agree! Please (occasionally at least) refresh the contents of the Challenger's Chest and include some DC-themed buildings only available via the Challenger's Chest.
Thanks for your support.:) I did make a few ideas/suggestions for some DC-themed items / buildings some time ago, when I just completed the 7/7 DC's for my first Challanger chest.
(...)
Suggestions
Everything can get always slightly better, right? Well I would like to share some suggestions
with you, to improve the DC, to make it much more intressting.

DC-exclusive buildings
DC-SoK - a extremely rare variation of the SoK that gives 2 fp's, only for a small chance as grand prize
DC-oasis - a extremely rare variation of the oasis, is smaller than the oasis or 10 goods/day when motivated, also only for a small chance as grand prize

Less powerfull DC's
Castle of the Unknown - special building
DC-unit, a special unit like the champ. stats depends on the age and does have a unique special skill*
DC-unit barrack, allows production of 1 DQ-unit, like the champ second slot needs diamonds
DC-temporary tavern upgrade - special item that allows usser to unlock for a short amount of time some extra tavern boosts
DC-puzzle well - grands player every day a small puzzle to solve, like a WW but with a small minigame
DC-joker - a item that you can use one time, it auto complete the DQ of the day for you, can been used only once in the 7 days

DC-exclusive booster
A slightly stronger type of booster of any type, can be find as a reward of some DQ's

Idea for unique skill DC-unit
A idea for the unique skill of the DC unit is, that this unit will copy the special skill(s) of any unit that he first attacked
for that battle. So for example the player used it's DC unit and strikes a manta, his/her DC-unit will have the skills
Poisen and Contact for that battle. This allows players to customize there DC.

Why DC-exclusive rewards would make it more intressting, is pretty simply. Players can show to each other how good
they are in DC, they like GE exclusive buildings too. They are functional, very rewarding, fun to have/get and they can show
that they are doing it well in GE.
I just did bring a few DC-exclusive items/buildings ideas. This is just to give a startpoint IF you decided to pick it up, just
like the GE exclusive buildings, how turn out pretty good. I believe that making some things exclusive to the DC, like in
GE it will make the function more intressting. Under grand prize I understand the prizes from Challanger chest that you
get after completing 7 DC's.

I'll hope that my feedback help you guys a bit with improvments in the DC's :) and maybe giving even some inspiration
for something.

DeletedUser8455

Based on how other games handle similar features, my suggestion is for the challenges to not expire at reset, but instead the player gets a daily refresh point.

Getting a new set of challenges is not free. The player must spend a refresh point to do so. If the player completes a new set each day, they will be able to use that day's refresh point to get a new set. However, you don't actually miss out on getting a new challenge set as long as you finish before the end of the next day. So, you have to average one set a day to keep pace. If you finish faster, you get more time on your next set. If you finish later, you get less time on your next set. There is a cap on once/day if you are very fast.

Optional: Every 7th set of challenges you complete gives you the final reward, even if it took more than a week to complete them.

Why? If it takes longer, then you get fewer rewards, since you are missing out on another opportunity to complete challenges. Challenge-minded players won't want to miss out, so they will try to complete challenges daily.

Even though this is going to be a controversial statement, I don't think it's wrong to be somewhat friendly to more casual players, as long as the rewards are scaled back, and this accomplishes that. However, it's not strictly necessary for the main suggestion.

Optional: The daily refresh point can also be used to replace (or maybe even complete) a particular challenge in the set that you decide is unplayable.

While it would be better not to have "research a technology" quests and the like, the reality is that which quests are unplayable varies from person to person. Everyone can be willing to decide what they want to bypass.

Once again, this is an optional idea, and the main suggestion does not depend on it.

This suggestion is a work in progress. Feel free to use it as a starting point for other suggestions.

SergeB1

Squire
This might be the sollution. So if I'm right this system Maybe even with special
I believe many another players.
I couldn't agree.
GE buildings are the same that we had already, and I don't know already what to do with dozens of GE decors, flames and tribal squares stored in my inventory. The same story will be with DC's, if they would be introduced.
But I do like an idea to get some buildings from sets that I had missed during events, and, of course, WWs and SKs.

DeletedUser7239

Same crap again xD i think some english lessons might be in order xD
"donate 70 goods from your age or bellow".
Do we players have a goods bank? if in a week every single quest ask for a minimum of 70 goods its 490 goods/week.

DeletedUser6484

I've completed 13 consecutive challenges and received FPs to my bar 11 times, 1 motivation kit and 1 medal package.

I have no issue with the types of challenges that have been presented - some difficult, some not. I think the difficulty for any given challenge will depend on how you have built your city and what your typical game play style is. Difficulty level seems to be different for everyone with any given quest being easy for some and difficult for others. Regardless of difficulty, most of the challenges seem to require a large investment of time to complete and in a lot of cases a lot of resources.

For me, the problem with daily challenges is not the difficulty, it's the prizes. The amount of time, effort and resources needed to accomplish the challenges outweighs the quality of the prizes that are actually being awarded. I don't generally complain about prizes but it's just not worth the hassle of completing these challenges for FPs added to my bar. It's costing far more in other resources than what the FP are worth and then I'm forced to use them wastefully since they are onthe bar. As it is, the likelihood of getting any prize on DC other than FPS added to bar is very small so this feature is essentially just a resource drain. BTW, I generally like FP as prizes but I personally think "FPs to bar" was a slap in the face to players when that started. To award FPs to bar for accomplishing these difficult DC tasks is a double slap. FP prizes are great when they are packs to inventory which can be used judiciously. I suggest, again, to make the change to FP packs.

If I complete tomorrow's daily challenge, I'll see what comes out of the chest this time. I'm pretty sure tomorrow's result will help me to solidify that this will be a feature that I definitely will not use when it rolls to live servers. For now, I will continue doing DC here on beta for testing purposes and hope it wraps up here quickly so I can say good bye to it.

DeletedUser8095

next crazy Questpart: finish 33 x 4 h production...I got 8 production buidings, so I need 16 h for finish this quest....what will be the next joke?